Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

"Hail Mary" miracles

Comments

• Fitztwins
    Fitztwins Member Posts: 144
    edited January 2015

in my daily thoughts and prayers....

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 758
    edited January 2015

Rebecca,

First, thanks for letting us know how you're doing. I know that can take enormous effort on your part, but we care about you and appreciate the update.

Next, what Amy said. How valuable to have a pulmonologist in the family! Can your family help you get a consultation with someone who will carefully evaluate your breathing problems with a practical solution as the goal?

All this discussion of Reuben sandwiches (my absolute favorites if the corned beef is very lean) makes me want to jump in my car and head to the nearest deli. Fortunately there is a fantastic place a mere mile or so down the road. I always go there with the intention of splitting the sandwich with my partner, but then realize that I must have the whole thing for my greedy self.

Burp,

Tina

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited January 2015

Man, now I'm craving a yummy Reuben...must find one...one a mission...yum

• pearlady
    pearlady Member Posts: 390
    edited January 2015

Come to NYC Amy.  We have a food truck in front of my office that has great Reubens.  I really love the pastrami reuben.  So good.

• diana50
    diana50 Member Posts: 253
    edited January 2015

raro

Your people have your back. Reubens, chocolate cake, Hail Marys and love. Feel better. Hang in. 👍

Diana

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited January 2015

Afternoon Raro all this Reuben talk is making me hungry. LOL

Hail Mary's coming your way with hugs and best wishes

Maureen

• Anne45
    Anne45 Member Posts: 52
    edited January 2015

Rebecca I am thinking of you and praying for you.  I hope you are breathing easier today.  Sending you hugs.

• starbrightlyshines
    starbrightlyshines Member Posts: 73
    edited January 2015

As I was dropping off my children at school today the fog finally began to lift. I could see tree tops above bathed in sunshine, while the ground was still shrouded in fog. I let my son out of the car and glanced over at the statue of Mary that sits beside the school. It was lovely with the sunlight breaking through the mist. I stopped and said a Hail Mary, my hope for you is to feel the peace and wonder I felt at that moment.

I also agree with Amy Q. It is so great to pool our resources here! Sometimes you have to make a fuss to be heard, and it seems like they should be able to do something to make you more comfortable. Connect Pallative Care if you have it at your cancer center, or somewhere close.

Hugs :)

• AmyQ
    edited January 2015

If anyone is a country music fan, I feel there's a song in the making for raro. Reubens, chocolate cake, Hail Mary's and love. Let's see what we can come up with. Happy

• ibcmets
    ibcmets Member Posts: 312
    edited January 2015

Rebecca,

Just want you to know you are in my prayers as well.

Hugs,

Terri

• GemStateGirl
    GemStateGirl Member Posts: 55
    edited January 2015

Rebecca, I wanted to add my best wishes too. I think of you often and I hope you feel all the love and support directed your way.

Wishing you peace and comfort.

Pat

• Deb5013
    Deb5013 Member Posts: 44
    edited January 2015

Raro, So glad you checked in as you have been on my mind constantly , I am still praying and will continue to pray that you rally back and quick.

Hugs,

Deb

• springwatch
    springwatch Member Posts: 243
    edited January 2015

Rebecca,

So pleased to see that you are home again! Wishing you good results with navelbine, easier breathing, Reubens sandwiches and lot of chocolate cake.

Gentle hugs, Spring

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited January 2015

Rebecca, Wow you have a bakery and deli's worth of virtual sandwiches and chocolate cake coming your way, along with mountains of love and prayers for being pain free and breathing easier. I think of you every day and send blessings and love to you. ((((hugs))))

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited January 2015

Hi raro - sorry to hear that you are still having breathing issues. I echo all of the others in hoping that Navelbine will help and you will find some comfort soon.

My DH makes reuben sandwiches every now and then (sometimes with his home made corned beef too). Soooo good - and sooooo bad  (if you know what I mean) Good for a treat every once in a while.

Thoughts, prayers, smiles and hugs for you.

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited January 2015

Hello Rebecca, Thanks for checking in and letting us know how you are doing. You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. Hoping that your onc is looking into ways to help you breathe better and feel more comfortable. Sending you positive thoughts for the new chemo. Michele

• dmacw
    dmacw Member Posts: 64
    edited January 2015

Rebecca prayers dear friend.

Donna

• amazonmich
    amazonmich Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2015

Dear Rebecca, my thoughts today are for the best for you--andfor a Hail Mary miracle!

Sending Love, Love, Love

Michele

• redwolf8812
    redwolf8812 Member Posts: 580
    edited January 2015

Saw this picture and thought of you, Rebecca. Still in my prayers. - Penny

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited January 2015

Still thinking of you, believing in miracles. Hungry for a Reuben. Thanks for the update. Hope you've contacted your mo or pallative care and are getting comfortable.

• ninetwelve
    ninetwelve Member Posts: 328
    edited January 2015

I'm thinking of you today and sending pure air your way, and healing energy and prayers. (and jonesing for a turkey Reuben sandwich.)

• Anne45
    Anne45 Member Posts: 52
    edited January 2015

Thinking of you tonight and sending warm hugs and healing energy to you.

• Maureen813
    edited January 2015

hi Raro

Hope breathing is easier and enjoying the day. My family is in football mode.

Hail Mary to you dear friend

Love

Maureen

• raro
    raro Member Posts: 78
    edited January 2015

Well, it's Sunday night and I'm still here. Still tethered, still out of breath, but I've been looking up exercises about lung issues. I have an appointment with the palliative care people on Thursday and chemo on Friday. My onc said, when we were discussing pulmonary issues, "This is really outside my expertise. That's why I need to refer you to a pulmonologist." He set me up with a good one who did all the testing, which was great. But what did it all mean? I willl talk to my onc when I see him next.

Now, for the first time in oh, 10 years, I had something happen this week...I had to postpone navelbine because my white count cells were too low. I've never had to do that before. I've always had really rugged blood cells. Apparently, there's not much we can do except wait to next week.

In the meantime, I'm just resting and doing little exercises to keep my lungs and legs stronger than they would be. And dreaming of reubens and chocolate cake...

thank you all for your support. I can't believe that people are praying for me from the U.K. and Turkey and New Zealand (Yay, NZ, my beloved husband was a Kiwi!!) and every state in the U.S.

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited January 2015

And Canada, Raro, don't forget Canada! Sending hugs, S.

• AmyQ
    edited January 2015

So great to hear from you Rebecca! Clearly you've touched the hearts of many people all around the world. What a testament to you. More prayers for breathing easy, higher counts, Reuben's and chocolate cake. I hope your pulmonolgist appt answers questions and improves your QOL.

Amy

• Zillsnot4me
    edited January 2015

so glad you have appts! I read on a thread somewhere here today! About raising your white blood counts with papaya leaves? Having a brain fart. Will look up and link info.

• Zillsnot4me
    edited January 2015

papaya leaves to raise platelets. Not sure if same thing but worth taking a look at.

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topic/827424?page=1#post_4275502

• Deb5013
    Deb5013 Member Posts: 44
    edited January 2015

Raro Thank you for the update and all your inspiration for I am sure I wouldn't have the kick butt attitude had it not been for you.

Take Care and Hugs and lots of prayers

Deb (Indiana)

• Maureen813
    edited January 2015

worldwide prayers girlfriend. Even havey BIL praying in Kentucky. They pray for me every week at Sunday church and asked them to add you too. You're climbing a big mountain and we all want you to get over this hump so we can celebrate Raro's over the hump Reuben chocolate cake day Loopy