Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

"Hail Mary" miracles

Comments

• kjones13
    kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited January 2015

hey raro! Whatcha been up to these past few days? Hopefully you are breathing easier and you have your lovely family around you! Are you watching any movies or tv? Or reading books? I am addicted to the blacklist. Found it last Sunday on Netflix. Finished season 1 in 4 days....would have been sooner but dh had to work, wth? :) sending you lots of love

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited January 2015

Good morning raro - the sun is shining here today and I hope that you too are able to bask in it's warmth where you are. Sending you gentle warm sunshine filled hugs and hope that you are feeling better now that you are home and able to get the proper rest you need.

• PattyPeppermint
    PattyPeppermint Member Posts: 8,950
    edited January 2015

Hi Rebecca.

Hoping you got some peaceful sleep last night. Hoping your breathing is better. Thinking of you. Hugs

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited January 2015

Hoping a restful day

• kebab
    kebab Member Posts: 98
    edited January 2015

Thinking of you today, as always. :) I hope your breathing is easier and you are basking in the love of your family.

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited January 2015

Afternoon Raro

Hope you are staying warm and comfortable. It's -11F here in freezing WNY. Saying a Hail Mary for you everyday

I want to add to AmyQ's change in the crap sandwich. Along with the Reuben I wish you a wonderful wine or martini and nice chocolate cake for dessert

Love and prayers Maureen

• raro
    raro Member Posts: 78
    edited January 2015

Hi, all,

Amy, how did you know I love Reuben sandwiches the most?!And chocolate cake.

Well, I'm in my own home now. My kids set up the bed in the living room and provided everything I need. But it's been rough. I'm on oxygen 24/7 so I feel like I'm tethered like a dog. I wouldn't mind so much except that I still have so many problems breathing. If I walk more than 10 steps, I am gasping for breath. I have a very loud, barking cough. I now have a walker, which makes me feel like a 100 year old woman. I wouldn't mind if it helped me with breathing, but it doesn't. It does help with balance, though.

I went to the ER because I simply couldn't breathe, and the ER doctor was kind and gentle but basicaly said that there was nothing he could do because I was dying. My friend asked him why I couldn't breathe, and he responded, "Well, because she has a tumor in her lung." Basically there was nothing they could do. If I had COPD or bronchitis, etc. they could at least use a vaporizer or a nebulizer, but with with restrictive disease there's nothing they can do.

I have had 2 treatments of Navelbine. Don't know whether or not it will work or not. For the first time, I can feel a tumor in my breast. It's the size of a marble under my skin. If the Navelbine works will it shrink? Of course, I suppose it could be scar tissue from where the doctor did the breast biopsy (same place)..

I can't tell you how much your messages and prayers have meant to me. This is the first time I've gotten on the computer in several days, and I was amazed at how many people have been praying for me. It truly makes me feel loved. Even if I don't respond, please know that I read every message and that I appreciate them and love you all.

Rebecca

• Kandy
    Kandy Member Posts: 424
    edited January 2015

I think all of us here are thinking and praying for you. Thanks for posting to let us know how you are, that was very thoughtful. I sure wish I had a magic wand to make it all better for you. Since I dont I will keep praying for that miracle. I do pray that you find some comfort and are surroundead by the people you love. Gentle hugs.

• shutterbug73
    shutterbug73 Member Posts: 284
    edited January 2015

Rebecca - I'm so glad you checked in. You sound good, considering what you've been through. I wish we could all pull up a chair at the dining room table and share a sandwich and cake with you.

I hope the Navelbine works for you and eviserates that lung met (and any others).

• kt1966
    kt1966 Member Posts: 1,021
    edited January 2015

Hooray, you're home :)

I hope the navelbine works fast & you can breathe easier soon.

All the best from NZ

kt

Edited bcos of stupid spell check

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,558
    edited January 2015

Rebecca, we're thinking of you constantly, and we hope you're comfortable and resting. Sending you love and healing energy, always.

The Mods

• car2tenn
    car2tenn Member Posts: 132
    edited January 2015

Dear Rebecca,

since I am speechless at what to say I will forward that you are in my heart and mind tonight...I will pray that the angels of peace and healing kneel at your bed. Keep hope in your heart. There are miracles every day in this world...I hope tomorrow you grab the one with your name on it. sweet dreams . Carolyn from Music City

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited January 2015

Rebecca - good to see you checking in and that you are at home. Sorry that you can't move around freely, it must be so frustrating. Here's hoping that the Navelbine will provide that miracle that we're all wanting for you. Sending warm thoughts and big hugs, S.

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited January 2015

Rebecca, sometimes a person feels a connection to another for some strange but wonderful reason and you are that person...which is how I just knew you love Reuben sandwiches! I am terribly distressed to hear of your breathing difficulties. My husband, a pulmonolgist said a tumor in your lung is not the reason for breathing difficulties. He recommends you call your onc to explore the real reason for your breathing problems. You do not have to live like this. Fluid could have built up in your lungs and that can be drained. There's other reasons which should be explored and not just dismissed by an ER doc. Please please get help. Also a palliative consult would be very beneficial for you right now. Gentle hugs Rebecca.

Amy

• bluemnm
    bluemnm Member Posts: 869
    edited January 2015

Rebecca,

so glad that you are home and your kids have provided a comfortable setting for you. I am praying for you and I hope your breathing gets easier. Hugs

Sarah

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,580
    edited January 2015

Just sneaking in to let you know that there are many women from the other forums praying for you also!

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited January 2015

Hi Rebecca...

I'm so happy to see that you checked in! I hope you'll explore what Amy mentioned... there might be another cause of your breathing troubles and there might be something that would help you breathe easier! I think of you often, and send my love and prayers...

Rose.

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited January 2015

so glad to see you posted. I agree with Amy and friends call the onc or palliative care and see what they can do for breathing. The "I can do nothing" statement seems lazy to me. I'm surprised he didn't contact your oncologist for direction when you were in the ER

Hail Mary will be said everyday.

Love

Maureen

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,250
    edited January 2015

Rebecca,

So happy that you checked in! I agree that palliative care might help more with the breathing. ER docs are great but this sounds like something outside of their scope. All my good thoughs are headed your way.

Caryn

PS: Reuben's are my favorite sandwich too. Haven't had one in ages

• susan_02143
    susan_02143 Member Posts: 2,394
    edited January 2015

Welcome home raro. I hope that the Navelbine gives you some relief quickly.

*susan*

• shazzakelly
    shazzakelly Member Posts: 620
    edited January 2015

Glad to hear you are home with your family Raro. Hoping the Navelbine does the trick and helps with your breathing. Warm sunny vibes coming your way from New Zealand ☀️

• nancy2581
    nancy2581 Member Posts: 408
    edited January 2015

I am also going to sneak in over here and let you know too Rebecca that I am thinking of you and wish I could make this all go away. Big hugs to you and I am praying for that Hail Mary and that you get some relief.

Nancy

• Tina72
    Tina72 Member Posts: 32
    edited January 2015

praying you get some relief. If it is fluid in your lungs draining them would help a lot. I have my abdomen drained about every two weeks. Praying for your chemo to kick in and work miracles. Hugs Tina

• sandilee
    sandilee Member Posts: 436
    edited January 2015

So glad to hear that you are home with your family. We are all thinking of you daily. Thank you for letting us know how you're doing, as it must be difficult. I hope your breathing improves soon. Hang in there!

• kjones13
    kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited January 2015

Rebecca!!! Hey! Thanks for checking in! So a walker and oxygen...I bet you do feel/look 100yrs old! That er doc pisses me off. He was so dismissive. Please check in with onc and see what can be done. In the meantime, we should all meet in Asheville North Carolina at a lovely little cafe called the corner kitchen. The beat Reuben sandwich ever! Everything is delicious! And then we could walk across the street to the well bread bakery for desserts and coffee! I would love to hug your neck and talk and laugh for hours! We all would have such a blast...forgetting for just a moment the one cominality that brought us there together. ***k cancer!

• chris1959
    chris1959 Member Posts: 60
    edited January 2015

dear rebecca

so glad you are home and checked in with us . I pray that things get easier for you . hope you get the relief you need .

love chris

• Catesmom
    Catesmom Member Posts: 45
    edited January 2015

Hi Rebecca, I'm glad to hear you're home. I know it's a lot more comfortable. I too am on oxygen 24/7 and you're right- you feel just like a tethered dog!!! Also, my family trips over my tubing all the time and make it tighten and pull at my face and nose. Fun! I hope and pray the Navelbine helps shrink that tumor. It is so hard to feel short of breath all the time. I agree that it seems like more can be done-palliative care consult?? I wish you the best. Kelly

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2015

Rebecca,

Thank you for checking in - it was so good to hear from you! I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time with the breathing - I hope they can find some relief for that! You are always in my prayers and in my heart, Rebecca.

Lots of love, prayers, light and hugs, Amy

• pearlady
    pearlady Member Posts: 390
    edited January 2015

Rebecca that you for checking in.  What a relief to hear from you.  I agree with Amy and others that you need to be persistent.  I have a friend with lung cancer who has to regularly get fluid drained in order to breathe easy and has been stable for quite a while.  Also, my friend who is a nurse said that sometimes a blood clot can cause great breathing difficulty and people don't realize what it is.  So please be persistent and get everything checked out.  I love Reuben sandwiches and of course chocolate cake, so hoping that you can enjoy soon.  I had great chocolate cake yesterday and Tommy Bahama.  Continuing to send healing energy and hoping the Navelbine starts to provide relief. 

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited January 2015

Hi Rebecca! I am sending you love and healing energy and hugs. I want to make you a chocolate cake! XXXXOOOO