Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

"Hail Mary" miracles

Comments

• chris1959
    chris1959 Member Posts: 60
    edited January 2015

glad to hear from you still praying for you and hoping you are back on here more soon .thank you for the updates . and will continue to pray .love you chris

• jocanuck1951
    jocanuck1951 Member Posts: 214
    edited January 2015

Another Canuck here sending you prayers Rebecca! Hope your new team has some answers for you! Xoxox

• Kandy
    Kandy Member Posts: 424
    edited January 2015

Still praying, it seems to be working. Hang in there, brighter days ahead. Thanks for checking back in.

• hansaim
    hansaim Member Posts: 68
    edited January 2015

raro, praying that your breathing become easier and Navelbine starts shrinking the bad stuff quickly. Hugs and prayers.

• kjones13
    kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited January 2015

hey raro! Sorry to hear you are still teatherd. I imagine that is quite frustrating and inconvienant. Glad you met with the pulm doc. Curious to see what all the tests say/mean. Someone else on a different thread is having similar breathing issues and had to see pulm too. Hope something can be done to give you some relief! Lung exercises?!? Never heard of that, but hey if you can workout the muscles in your hoo ha, I'm sure something can be done for the lungs too, eh? Would the onc consider neupogen or neulasta shots to boost white blood count? I don't know anything about your chemo drug. Just hope it's kicking cancer cell booty! Thanks so much for checking in! And you better believe it that prayers are being said for you from around the globe! Isaiah 40:31 sending love!

• superfoob
    superfoob Member Posts: 121
    edited January 2015

I am keeping you in my thoughts, for sure.

I agree with Bon about getting in the Oncology ward at the hospital. The nurses were much nicer than other levels I've been on...although I've never heard of a 'woman's' section. 😳

I hope you get the answers you need when you see your doctor. ❤️

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited January 2015

I hope you're getting more comfortable, Raro.

Prayers are going out from Israel, the Holy Land. And don't forget, here it's a local call.

Leah

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited January 2015

raro,

Thank you for checking in. hope things go well with docs this week and you get some useful info to help with breathing.  I think about you often and hope for easier breaths

Nel

• Sabel
    Sabel Member Posts: 28
    edited January 2015

That's right! Don't forget the Canadians who are formidably strong. If we can survive sub zero temps on a daily basis, we can kick cancer out of our wayWinking

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited January 2015

Leah, I wish I was near the Holy Land right now. My Catholic roots make me long for a trip to see and experience the sanctity of it all.

Amy

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    edited January 2015

I hope you are breathing a bit better today.  I really hope the palliative consult and your onc can make you more comfortable.

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2015

Hi Rebecca,

It was so nice to get your uptdate - thanks for checking in! I'm so glad your onc sent you to a pulmonologist - I hope with the results from the tests, they can find a way to help make your breathing easier! You are always on my mind, in my heart and prayers. I hope your blood count is good enough to have the Navelbine on Friday and that it is that magic bullet, Hail Mary we're all hoping for, for you! Enjoy those reuben/ chocolate cake dreams and time with family and know that you have an even bigger family in all of us - we are all with you in spirit!

Lots of love and hugs, Amy

• diana50
    diana50 Member Posts: 253
    edited January 2015

Rebecca

So glad to hear from you. Glad your onc got you the referral to pulmonary doc. Know you are loved by so many. 👍❤️

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited January 2015

Sending love, Rebecca! Dedicating my meditation to you and taking all my breaths for you. Can't wait for our international reuben/chocolate cake party! Just let us know when. XXX

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited January 2015

Raro

Just checking in for word from the pulmonary visit. Hail Mary for easier breathing and family enjoyment.

Leah: I'm with Amy and seeing Israel sites. How wonderful you live there.

Off to get my brain checked out tomorrow so I will check in with you after that adventure.

Love

Maureen

• Woodylb
    Woodylb Member Posts: 935
    edited January 2015

And Lebanon Raro , from the middle east . I ak glad you are seeing a palliative doctor and a pulmonolgist . I hope soon you will breathe easier. They could have given you a neulesta shot for the white blood cells it works well. Xoxoxoxox

• shazzakelly
    shazzakelly Member Posts: 620
    edited January 2015

more good thoughts and hugs coming from Sunny New Zealand. I'm off to Australia for a few days tomorrow so shall send some from there as well xx

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited January 2015

Leah, you made me smile!

Reuben wishes and chocolate cake dreams, Rebecca! Sending you love from the Golden state of California.

Rose.

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited January 2015

Hi Rebecca,

Stopping by to say hello. I do hope your breathing has improved and those palliative docs are doing their job!!! Hugs and love to you and your family.

Amy

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited January 2015

Thinking of you this afternoon and hoping you are breathing better, with your kids and family and pain free. Hugs and love your way!

• Catesmom
    Catesmom Member Posts: 45
    edited January 2015

Rebecca, I just wanted to say I too have been thinking about you. I hope your breathing is easier, and you're feeling better. ((Hugs)). Kelly

• Kandy
    Kandy Member Posts: 424
    edited January 2015

thinking about you and praying that you are comfortable and breathing is easier. Hang in there.

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited January 2015

evening Raro. Just a Hail Mary day all around. Hopefully you're enjoying the day and getting over the hump of this latest issue. Thinking of you

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2015

Hi Rebecca,

I hope your visit with the palliative care dr went well today. I will be thinking of you tomorrow - I hope that you are able to have your chemo and that it goes well. Sending lots of prayers your way - you are always in my thoughts and in my heart. I hope you can rest and breathe easy tonight.

Much love and hugs, Amy

• chris1959
    chris1959 Member Posts: 60
    edited January 2015

hello Rebecca

just stopping by to say I have been thinking of you and will be saying prayers hope you are feeling better soon .

love chris

• ronniekay
    ronniekay Member Posts: 657
    edited January 2015

Sending love, hope, prayers & everything but the kitchen sink...heck, I'll throw that in too...that you'll be feeling strong, white count will sore & docs will be amazed at healing! Washington state is cheering you on!!!

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited January 2015

Hey, Raro, just stoppin' by to say Hi.

Leah

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited January 2015

Good morning from the Great White North Raro. Even though I don't check in every daily, thoughts and prayers are sent your way each and every day. Hoping today your counts are in line with being able to receive tx and that the pulmonologist is able to help you find some relief.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,250
    edited January 2015

Rebecca,

Thinking of you. Have a restful weekend

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    edited January 2015

Hi Rebecca - thinking of you and sending more hugs, hope you're resting comfortably and enjoying some time with your family (Mom). S.