Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

1939940941942943945»

Comments

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 947

Sunshine99 it sounds like you are going through a lot right now. The 21st will be a busy day. I hope they soon figure out what the next treatment should be and get things under control again. Hope the biopsy will give you some answers.

• chocomousse
    chocomousse Member Posts: 36

@chicagoan and @cure-ious, MSM can also help with breast cancer. Google "MSM and Breast Cancer" to see the articles. I found a company that sells flavored MSM powder that's not bitter, which I'm taking now because I hate swallowing pills, here: Twigandleafwellness.com

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,025

Thanks chocomousse. I've been taking it for several years. Perhaps it has helped me stay stable.

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,848

Chocomousse, Thanks for the reminder, I got a bag of the crystals but haven't been using it daily, so I will start now..

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794

Hi Ibrancers - checking in before Labor Day Weekend!

Just had my faslodex injections and blood work today. Since I have been having my end of cycle blood draws in the afternoon vs early am, my neutrophils have been pretty good for someone on Ibrance- today they are 1.28. Shots seemed to go fine. I have quarterly pet/ct scans on Tuesday 9/3 and am hoping they are stable. Fingers crossed and will report back when I have results.

Will start Ibrance cycle 57 or 58 tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing ok and enjoying the end of summer.

• Greatly blessed
    Greatly blessed Member Posts: 26

Aprilgirl1,

Great going with the Ibrance. I just finished my 43rd cycle of Ibrance.

• chicagoan

Good to hear your news Aprilgirl1 and Greatly Blessed. Let's keep going!

• Rosebessie
    Rosebessie Member Posts: 88

Hi @aprilgirl1 , @sf-cakes , @chicagoan so good to hear my fellow Ibrance girls doing well. I'm on my nth Ibrance cycle...... nth meaning I can't remember exact number, but having started around the same time as y'all.... Dec 2020, its so encouraging to hear your stories. I am now firmly on 2 weeks on/2 weeks off on 100mg coz we still don't have access to the 75mg out here in Kenya. I'm due my next PET-SCAN after this cycle. Wishingeveryone on this waall a wonderful Labour day weekend.

• Greatly blessed

Do any of y'all have social anxiety since your diagnosis? I am trying to be more social but it's hard. I find myself not being able to relax and enjoy because I'm so anxious around people. Any advice?

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 947

Glad to see so many people doing well. Can't believe summer is winding done. I love warm weather but this year the heat definitely got to me so I am kinda glad. Shh please don't tell my husband or he will want to move further north. I am on my 19th cycle and doing well. I have scans at the end of September. Unless something changes, I had decided to switch to foslodex to see if I can get some relief from the Letrozole side effects.

Greatly blessed. Sorry you are struggling with social anxiety. I am the exact opposite. I don't really care what people think anymore. I used to be more that way when I was younger. I really lacked confidence.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,920

I think other people are also anxious and trying not to show it. I tend to say something first to ease their anxiety which also helps mine. A lot of people are having a harder time because of Covid keeping us apart.

• aprilgirl1

Hi All, Ibrance dancers:)

I had my petscan/ctscan with and without contrast on 9/3 and met with my oncologist on Monday, 9/9.

I got the scans in mychart of course a few days in between the scans and the appt so had some questions for my oncologist:) Overall, she considers the scans stable. Ive had clear scans for a few years and am approaching 5 years on Ibrance/fulvestrant (first line) which I acknowledge is really fortunate. However, this scan is the third in a row where my right adrenal gland is showing something and the SUV is higher:

-redemonstration of thickened right adrenal gland with increased FDG uptake, measures .9cm with SUV max 8.3, previously .9 cm with SUV max 6.5 (06/052024) and prior to that measured .9cm and scans 03/13/2024 show same size .9cm and SUV max of 4.8.

My oncologist ordered a blood biopsy/tempus test which will take a couple of weeks to get back. Otherwise, she recommends stay on current treatment and rescan in 3 months. She considers this 'asymptomatic lesions" . I spoke with a friend of mine who is an oncologist and just retired and he said "SUV 8 is cancer, why wait?" . He also recommended I get a consult with a radiation oncologist to see about SBRT and pursue a second opinion at UCSF (I am in Seattle at Fred Hutch but am happy to travel to SF ). My oncologist is also pregnant, due in early November. Of course she will have coverage and will take maternity leave but I don't want this blowing up while her covering onc is spread thin and I don't have a relationship with that oncologist.

Since I have good medical insurance and have met my deductibles, I decided to pursue the second opinion and also ask for a local referral within Fred Hutch to a radiation oncologist. I was met with resistance on the radiation oncologist referral but will keep at it:)

Cancer, full time job! Blood tests were all good and nothing else shows up in the scans. I have never had elevated tumor markers so they don't seem to register my cancer, at least not in the past 5 years. I have tolerated Ibrance and Fulvestrant really well and don't want to switch but also…..can't just sit back and wait without at least trying to get more info.

@Rosebessie glad to hear you are doing well on the 2 weeks on/off!

@Greatly blessed I agree with wren44 - I think a lot of people have developed some social anxiety just as we age and with covid. I am pretty social but have found myself still limiting some outings and preferring to stay in at times. Part of it is fatigue and needing to really watch my energy expenditure.

@chicagoan wow! I saw somewhere on the boards that you have seen some great shows this summer at your part-time gig! Awesome!

Hope everyone is doing ok. Has anyone else sought a second opinion? Just curious:)

• chicagoan

Aprilgirl-I haven't gotten a second opinion yet but giving the circumstances you are describing, I would. Why wait as your friend asks. I hope it turns out to be nothing but at least you'll have peace of mind by exploring this option. Are you settled into your new place yet? If so, how do you like it?

Hope that everyone in the northern hemisphere is enjoying the beautiful days of the end of summer.

• Greatly blessed

After talking with my counselor, we're thinking the social anxiety is coming in part from the energy that it takes to be social. I'm trying to do better. I've even been doing some socializing. The more I do, the less uncomfortable it becomes.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,165

Aprilgirl- I still keep up with this thread, as I am an Ibrance alumni. I had a PET in 2021 that showed an SUV of 7 for a thyroid nodule I had since 2015. I had a biopsy of the nodule in 2015 and 2016, both benign. After the 2021 PET we did another one- benign again. I don't understand the technical aspects, but there can be an elevated SUV and still be benign. But, a second opinion doesn't hurt, nor doing the blood biopsy. Better safe than sorry.

• aprilgirl1

@candy-678 so wonderful to hear from you ! Thanks for this info , makes me feel better that it could just be something "asymptomatic". The adrenal is in a tough place to biopsy per my oncologist and I can see why as it's buried in there near the kidney and it's pretty small. I'll keep everyone posted on the 2nd opinion , I have no idea how this will work out . Hope you are doing well on Lynparza (spelling? ). @Greatly blessed good for you ! It's good that you are working with a counselor.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,165

Aprilgirl- I am coasting along on Lynparza. 3 years now on this treatment. Next scans are mid-November; praying they will continue to be good.