Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Options
1934935936937938940»

Comments

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 101
    Options

Wow @brutersmom, that sounds like an absolute nightmare - and stressful. You really don't need that sort of grief. I hope it all gets sorted out quickly for you.

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 886
    Options

I was hesitant going back to the this cancer center when I was diagnosed with mets buts it was the best and closest location in the area. My first doc was great. He left. My new doc just finished his fellowship under drs that I am not impressed with. I stayed this long only because of having knee surgery. Trying to find a quality facility has been a challenge. I made the decision based on a lot of research and asking around.

• brutersmom
    Options

I feel like I am fighting a battle that is hard to win. Tonight Is my last ibrance for thiss cycle. I am two weeks on two weeks off because of my low neutrophils and knee surgery. My knee surgery has not progressed as I hoped. I had six weeks of out patient physical therapy and agreed to stop when there program got too easy. It was a one size fits all. I have been messaging my scar daily and instead of getting lighter it is getting bigger and darker red. Apparently i have hypertrophic scaring. I still have areas of internal swelling and discomfort. Despite all this I am doing well physically. My neighbors who are both recently retired physical therapists feel I got lazy therapists. As a result some of the issues I have will take longer to heal. Possibly as long as 1 to 3 years. Since the same scarring is open internal and the therapist did not address it in the beginning. I feel like I have just added one more weight to my shoulders. With a red ugly scar on my knee. I have gotten my dog up to 1 mile walk down hill and uphill. No flat area because I live at the crest of a hill. I am still waiting to hear from the other hospital. Hopefully this week. I start my break tomorrow from Ibrance I feel like I need one from letrozole to. I keep wondering how many healing issues is being cause by these 2 cancer drugs? Thanks for letting me vent.

• brutersmom
    Options

Finally got an appointment with Anna Barshinger cancer center which is part of Penn Medicine. One of the larger hospitals in Philladelphia. I will be seeing a woman Dr. They told me all the Breast and gynecological cancer Drs. are women. The current clinic I go to all but one is a man for all areas. Females seem to leave. Anyway this is one frustration down and moving in a healthier direction.

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 101
    Options

@brutersmom, good approach - one step at a time and this is a big step you have achieved. I hope it leads to many more successful steps. It is so important to be comfortable with your medical team. My next appt is with locum onc as regular onc is away. She did not sound happy on phone appt when I told her that her secretary had made an appt for me with locum. I will be interested to see what he is like. It is only for one appt. and really it will only be for scan referrals.

• Rosebessie
    Rosebessie Member Posts: 61
    edited April 23
    Options

@brutersmom OMG. That's a terribly frustrating experience. I wonder if medical service providers appreciate that going through a terminal illness, and then getting no cooperation for something as routine as access to ones own medical information can actually exacerbate deterioration of a patient's health. And when you lose your cool, you're labelled!! SI'm so sorry you've had to go through this. And I do wish you all the best and pray all goes well from here. Sending hugs 🫂 🤗