Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Options
1937938939940941943»

Comments

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 782
    Options

Sf-cakes - sad news. Thanks for letting us know. RIP Spookiesmom, sending love and prayers to her loved ones .

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,186
    Options

I’m heartbroken to hear that spookiesmom has passed away. I had just looked the other day to see when she was last on the boards because I hadn’t “seen” her here in a few weeks. I hope she rests in peace. I will greatly miss her.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,140
    Options

May Spookiesmom Rest In Peace.

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 922
    Options

I am so sorry to hear this. May she rest in piece.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,272
    Options

That is so sad… Our deepest condolences go out to her family and all who loved her. 😔 She will be missed by the BCO community. Rest in peace, Spookiesmom.

The Mods

• Rosebessie
    Rosebessie Member Posts: 75
    Options

@sf-cakes hi there. I never met @spookiesmom so I guess she was here before I joined. But its always so sad when one of us transitions. Also, it makes one think, "am I next?" May her soul rest in peace 🙏

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

@greatlyblessed please get an appointment with the GI doc. It took several procedures and biopsies to find the the cancer had spread to my esophagus. I quit Ibrance and moved to Truqap. That failed, too.
    Are you having any swallowing issues?

Carol

• Greatly blessed
    Greatly blessed Member Posts: 16
    Options

Sunshine99, thank you for your response. Yes, from time to time, I do have trouble swallowing. I also have Crohn's disease and I'm wondering if it could be that. Do you mind saying what symptoms that you had?

• sunshine99
    Options

Greatly blessed, I hesitated to post my last response. I had been having issues with swallowing for a while. I can’t remember how long. It got to the place where I couldn’t swallow my Ibrance tabs. They felt like c they got stuck and then I’d sometimes vomit.
    I had a couple of endoscopies and the second one found the spread. I couldn’t swallow anything without vomiting it back up and lost about 15 pounds (from 130 to 115-ish.)

I had radiation which helped, but that was rough, too. Lost another six pounds. Switched to Truqap, swallowing is better and I’m back to around 120 pounds

Unfortunately, the Truqap had failed and I have further progression to the omentum/gut area.

MO appointment today to discuss our plan. I hope this isn’t TMI.

Hugs,

Carol

• Greatly blessed
    Greatly blessed Member Posts: 16
    Options

Sunshine99, please don't hesitate to say anything. We're all in this together.

I hope your mo visit goes good.

• brutersmom
    Options

Sunshine99 I am sorry things have been so roughand your last med didn't work. It is good to have you back here talking with us. I wanted to reply yesterday but I kept getting an error code. All good today.

• sunshine99
    Options

You ladies are all so wonderful. I got 3+ years out of Ibrance, for which I am thankful.

As we are quick to tell each other, I didn't fail Ibrance or Truqap, but rather, they failed me. That's OK. Maybe I should say they gave me more time than I would have had without them. I'm moving on to Afinitor. I'll talk to the specialty pharmacist tomorrow. The good news is they're about a mile away and will deliver my meds to my door. A mile isn't that far, I know, but it means I don't have to ask DH to go pick them up for me.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Love to all,

Carol

• brutersmom
    Options

I have had my second visit to my new cancer center. My husband went along this time. On the way over he complained about the length of the drive. 30 minutes. He was impressed with the visit and stopped whining after we met with the nurse practitioners. The thing I like the most is there ability to be upfront. They answer questions about prognosis and treatment with more then just a shrug. This has been very helpful for me and we talked some more about tumor burden and expectations. We also discussed scans. It has been a year and 1/2 since I have had a ctscan of my stomach and pelvis and a year for my lungs. I will find out next week what is planned. They feel I should be scanned at least every year if not every 6 months because ca27.29 are not 100%. My old hospital didn't believe in scans after you were NED. Good care makes a world of difference.

• brutersmom
    Options

Sunshine99 good way to look at it. I get mine delivered now as well. I would have to drive 30 minutes to pick them up. Have they done genetic testing on the new cancer?

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 525
    Options

sunshine, may your next treatment give you many more years, good years with your family and with us, too.

• sunshine99
    Options

brutersmom, I got a call from Guardant360 yesterday. They're sending me a kit and then a phlebotomist will come draw the blood. This will be my third liquid biopsy test.

Waiting for my appt with the pharmacist right now for patient counseling for the Afinitor.

Happy Friday!

Carol

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 782
    Options

@brutersmom , I am so thankful for your new cancer center . A 30 minute drive for much better care is worth it ! Your former cancer ctr or oncology office was negligent .
    @sunshine99 thankful you are starting a new treatment and we are with you all the way !

My husband and I are moving from our 3200 sq ft house we raised our kids in to our 1700 sq ft downsize home . This was my choice - I really want to live there and move this summer to enjoy it (Seattle summers are amazing !). Plus, our youngest moved from the dorm to an apartment with friends , about 30 minutes away so he was happy to take some of our furniture . I think we have 14 rooms in the large home moving to 7! Maybe 8? It's an atomic ranch so has a large great room vs living room / dining room / family room situation. OY ! So much work. It's a bit like Swedish Death cleaning but I know I'll be happy once we are moved out . We plan on renting our larger home once we replace the carpet which is happening July 8th. We purchased the downsize house in 2016 and rented it out while we got the kids launched.
    I've been a bit absent from these boards as I'm purging and donating a lot of stuff but have been checking in . I've never lived in a house for this long , even as a kid . 17 years .

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,002
    Options

Aprilgirl-That sounds like you are doing a lot of emotional and physical work as you downsize. Hope a lot of happy memories come up. So good you and your husband are doing this now before either of you are too sick to help. It will be nice to have a fresh start in your new place. I've been in my home for 40+ years. I declutter a bit occasionally but have so much more to do. I get on a roll and an able to get rid of things, then the mood passes and I stop. But it feels so good when I donate or recycle things I will never use/read again. I feel so light. Hope you will feel light after this project is complete.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,186
    Options

Aprilgirl, I didn’t know what an atomic ranch was, but I love learning about different architecture, so I looked it up. What an interesting history of this style house! I’m sure some of your downsizing brings lots of emotions. It can’t always be easy to know what to part with and what to keep. I call it editing, and I do it from time to time, even tho I haven’t moved. I had a garage sale in May and put the stuff that didn’t sell into the car and drove it straight to Goodwill. I just spent the last month sifting through the room where I store all kinds of odds and ends and shredded tons of paperwork, downsized several boxes of ds’s mementoes from his school years into one bin and put a bunch of stuff in a new Goodwill pile to donate. I feel the same way as you, chicagoan: it always feels so good and light to unload what’s no longer necessary!

The other side of the coin is that I have to guard against letting unnecessary stuff creep back into the house once I’ve gotten rid of junk. Dh tried to get me to take an old chair for my back porch that his son was getting rid of. Uh, no thanks!

Aprilgirl, best wishes on the move!

• brutersmom
    Options

Aprilgirl1 I hope your move goes smoothly. I had to look up atomic ranch. I have been. In real estate for over 35 years. I have take several architectural continuing ed courses. I have actually sold and shown homes that fit the category of Atomic Rancher but I have never heard them call that. Around here your hear and see them described as contemporary. Even the ones in older areas that were built back in the late 40s early 50s.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,512
    Options

Aprilgirl good luck with your move.

Tanya