Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Beautiful photos of the PNW!

I can't remember what I've said here, so pardon my repetition. Since Ibrance and Truqap both failed I've moved on to Afinitor. Still getting the monthly shots of Faslodex and quarterly infusions of Zometa.

My tumor markers are climbing, but hopefully this will slow them down. I have a biopsy/FNA of the omentum on 8/14. I think they'll try to get samples and re-check the hormone receptor status. Next PET scan should be the middle of September.

I'm doing OK. I'm tired a lot, but I think we all are.

Stay safe, cool and rested, everyone.

Love to all,

Carol

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,556

Wren44 - Looks like you were thinking pretty much the same thing I was; Vashon/Maury view. My favorite view of Maury itself is from Anthony's in Des Moines. Fabulous, often with the Olympics behind it, and Mt. Rainier off to the south and left.

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794

Thanks , all ! I'm a bit north of Maury ;) and my island is a direct ferry from Seattle yet has a bridge to head West :)

Downsizing is HARD ! I know this but I'm surprised at how attached I am to some stuff (dishes, art work ) but we are doing fine ….. the view really helps !

@sunshine99 - thanks for the update . Hope this treatment works great to kick the cancer back.

I hope everyone is staying as cool as possible - seems like heatwaves all across the country .

• threetree

Your island is a great one too, Aprilgirl1, with great views and lots to do. I think once you've settled in and gotten used to the downsized setting, you will be really happy. Thanks so much for sharing the photo!

• aprilgirl1
    edited July 13

@threetree thank you :) we had a nice view of fireworks from a distance at Burien or Normandy Park on the 4th at one of their waterfront parks from what I could tell. There are so many pretty places to live.

• aprilgirl1

@chicagoan - life IS good, indeed :) love that your work included sermons and working at a Journey concert :) please keep us posted on your scan in a few weeks . Cycle 100 - gives us all a lot of hope !

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 599

Chicagoan, cycle 100, hurrah!! Don't stop believing! 😃❤️

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,026

sf-cakes-Love it!😂

Thanks Aprilgirl!

• Rosebessie
    Rosebessie Member Posts: 88

@aprilgirl1 that view is to die for. You are so lucky. Enjoy it to the fullest 🤗🤗. And yes, that was me attempting Zumba. It didn't go well coz my knees gave in and I'm not trying it ever again 😖😖

Blessings and hugs to all

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 947

Aprilgirl1 I love your view.

• threetree

Aprilgirl1 - I wonder if the fireworks you saw on the 4th were from Des Moines Beach/Marina. The Cove at Normandy Park is too small, and Seahurst Beach for Burien from what I know, wouldn't really be able to accommodate a lot of people. I'm curious myself as to just where that might have been. What's cool though, is that you got to see them from your new house! Yay!

• Rosebessie

Hi ladies, I'm trying to remember who's had Cataract surgery here, and what precautionary measures they had to take before and/or after. Do I need to be off ibrance or the Aromatase inhibitor ( Arimidex in my case?)?? I had it done this morning on my tight eye.

• brutersmom

Hi Rosebessie, what did your oncologist or eye surgeon recommend. I had it done long before cancer. I was on steriod and antibiotic eye drops for 6 weeks. I would thing it depends on how low your neutrophils go when you are on ibrance. I would call both of them to find out.

• Rosebessie

@brutersmom thanks for the reply. About medical care, I'm actually already on both the steroid and antibiotic eyedrops. I just wanted to know if you personally took any extra precautionary measures. No worries though 🫂🤗💕

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,920

I had my second eye done last year and was on Ibrance and letrozole. No interactions were a problem

• Rosebessie
    edited July 25

@wren44 hey wren44, good to know. Thanks for the response. So far, so good. Surgery was yesterday and my vision is already so much better. Hope you're doing well. Lots of hugs to you 🤗

• brutersmom

Sunshine99 I hope things are going well for you. I just got my CA27.29. It is still below the magic cut off number or 38 but it has jumped from 22 to 35. It has been hoovering around 22 for the last 12 months. I am hoping it was because I did fasting labs earlier in the day this time.

Don't mind me. Some of you worry about scans. I was told my ca27.29 is an indicator so I worry about it.

• Rosebessie

Hi all, I had my Cataract and corrective eye surgery last Wednesday but the blurr that covers your eye thereafter has been quite massive. Mercifully its clearing up nicely. Every morning I wake up and I can see better than yesterday. Today I realised I can read motor vehicle number plates from a distance, something I haven't done since waaay back, I think 1989 when I realised my eyesight was bad. Now I don't have to wait for the Uber to drive right up to me so I can peer inside, squinting like a proper grandma, to ask "Are you here for Rose?" I'm really pleased and praying/looking forward to my new world.

This picture is me in the operating theatre. The Opthamologist, who is my high school alumni and friend to date, gives her patients a cuddly toy to hug during surgery. It helped coz although you cannot see it in the picture, I was hugging the little guy really tight, close to my stomach/chest, underneath the blanket. Especially when I felt the pressure during the procedure.

Now I just have to get round to the knee replacement sltho the knee pain has eased up since I went back to taking the loratadine every night. When I stop the oain returns.

@brutersmom are you still doing Ibrance 2 weeks on/2 weeks off ?? I'm trying 2 weeks on/1week off coz I kept feeling some activity in my armpit and LHS breast (original site of tumour). That got me worried voz I read that the ibrance has a 7 day half life. This is me spending my time worrying right 🥴🤭 .

Wishing you all a blessed day. Love and hugs 🫂 🤗

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,546

Rosebessie, wow! You and your stuffed doggy make quite a picture on the operating table! I’m so glad you are recovering well from the cataract surgery! I love that your ophthalmologist is your friend and was your classmate! Sounds like you are in good hands!

• aprilgirl1
    edited July 31

Rosebessie , thanks for the update - thankful you are doing well and how wonderful to be able to see better!
    I am flying home from helping/visiting my parents for 6 days . I got a lot accomplished . They are on the brink of needing some caregiving help but refuse to let anyone in :/

I go in tomorrow for blood work and faslodex . I've been in Palm Springs which is way too hot right now but it was good to see my parents . Hope everyone is doing ok !
    @sunshine99 - let us know how you are doing .

• sunshine99

@aprilgirl1 , thanks for checking on me. I'm trying to get my biopsy moved up from its original date of 8/14. I just want to know what's brewing in my gut/omentum/mesentery. I'm tired and discouraged, but am doing OK, other than that. DH's sister is heading out to our place in La Quinta with some girlfriends for her birthday week. Thank goodness for AC!

I hope everyone is doing well with minimal SEs.

Love to all,

Carol

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,527

Rose that’s wonderful you got such great care and know your physician. Stuffed animal is a nice touch. Nice for you to see better. My mom told me after her cataract surgery she didn’t realize how much her vision was impaired until she had the ability to see clearly again.

Take care all

Tanya

• brutersmom

@Rosebessie I never felt anything during surgery but I have heard that some people do. Save that bear for your knee surgery. There are usually a day or two that hurt initially, then it gets better.

@Sunshine99 I am sorry you are still having issues. Sometimes waiting for tests is the hardest part.

I had my second visit with my new oncologist. I ask a question about my diagnosis. Her explanation was the first time it actually made sense. Even my daughter felt the same way. I have a question I am having trouble tolerating the heat and humidity this summer. Also I use effexor to control all my psychological side effects from letrozole. My new oncologist suggested I change to fuvesterant. She believes I would feel better and would need less effexor. I don't know what I think. Everything has been working well for over a year and ½. Will I rock the boat by changing. Will I really feel better. Will I have few side effects. Should I try aromasin first. Some many thought and questions. I don't need to make the decision but I have been asked to think about it.

• Rosebessie
    edited August 6

@brutersmom those are great markers. I'm happy for you altho i understand your anxiety about changing meds. Maybe you can go with the doctors recommendation and then revert if the new drugs have bad side effects? That way youll have given this new therapy a chance, and..... who knows......!! Just a suggestion in good faith 🤗🤗. I'm yet to get my left eye cataracts sorted and vision corrected, but I hope to get the knee done when that's over, unless my body is not in a good place. Thanks for the heads up

@aprilgirl1 how was the bloodworks and treatment? With MBC each day is different.

@sunshine99 did you get the Biopsy date changed? You're in my thoughts and prayers. The down times of MBC are always very heavy. 🙏🙏

@tanya_djamila LOL!! That suffed animal made a huge difference to how I handled the discomfort during that surgery. I hugged him very tight 🤣 @brutersmom ,it belongs to the Opthamologist clinic but I'll borrow one from my grandson when i go to get the knee done 😉😉

@divinemrsm thank you. How's your treatment going?

Right now I'm headed to physiotherapy to get advice on how to exercise the bells palsey drooping face altho it's improved a lot. I'm hoping the exercises will give me a face lift 🤗🤣🤣. Just kidding 🤭!!!. It happened about 3 months ago and left me devastated but I feel better about it now. The Neurologist explained the possible causes (depression, anxiety etc) and Iwas able to identify the exact events that caused it at the time..… family issues. I'm trying to move away from them and their negative effect on my MBC journey. You ladies here have helped my journey in ways you do not know.

Love and hugs to all.🤗❤💕

• Rosebessie

• aprilgirl1
    edited August 6

@Rosebessie - thanks for the shout out ;) hope the PT is helpful and the Bell's palsy starts to go away! How's your vision after the eye surgery?

My fulvestrant shots have been easy for me . I feel fortunate as I know that isn't the case for many people . Neutrophils came in at 1.20 which is really high for me after a week off of Ibrance. Last month my neutrophils were .86 . Who knows why they were higher this month ? I'll take it :) my onc allows me to restart Ibrance if my neutrophils are above .80 since I've not become sick / had issues due to temporary low white count . Since having my blood work and fulvestrant in the afternoon my white blood count and neutrophils have been consistently higher .

@sunshine99 -I hope you get your biopsy sooner ! Also hope you are feeling ok . Let us know .
    @brutersmom - I have less side effects on fulvestrant compared to femara, which I took for almost 7 years for stage 1 breast cancer. My side effects were mainly joint pain . It went away for the 5 years I was off. Joint pain came back with the fulvestrant but not as bad.
    @Divinemrsm - hope you are doing well. I read in another thread that you have slight progression show in your petscan . I am sorry - I read your onc wants to radiate and stay the course . I do think that it's more common now to "whack a mole" progression if possible and not pivot to new meds . Is there a spot they can get a new biopsy ? Or have a signatera or blood biopsy ? Hang in there and pls keep us posted.

Hope all of you are doing as well as we can be!

When I post , I try to tag individuals but usually only the first @ actually tags …slightly annoying.

• sunshine99

I got a call from my palliative care team to schedule an appointment. I'll see them on the 21st of August. My biopsy/FNA is on the 14th, and I'll see my MO and get my Zometa infusion and Faslodex shots on the 21st before I see the palliative doc.

I've been feeling more "bloated" lately. I don't know how else to describe it. I'm guessing it's the ascites, but who knows. My weight is going up, but I'm not eating enough to account for the weight gain. I'll monitor it and let my team know. Bowels are not normal, but what else is new?

Off to do some laundry. I bled on my sheets (again) so they're in the wash. Gotta love H2O2 and OxiClean.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Carol

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,546
    edited August 6

Sunshine, time can seem to take forever to get to those appointments. It is nice when some of them can be grouped together on the same day. Thinking of you.

Rose and April, thanks for asking about me. Here’s what I posted on the bone mets thread:

My recent ct/bone scan showed possible activity in the spine, so a pet scan was ordered. Results show the spine lit up in a couple areas and also showed a slightly enlarged lymph node in my neck.

My CA15-3 marker has been rising since last fall. For several years, it hovered around 20, then last September, it began rising about five or ten points every month. Now it is at 84. 

I’ve been on Xeloda since March 2020. Last October, I had surgery to get a rod put in my femor due to an impending break. There was a cancerous lesion to the bone; it was radiated several weeks after surgery. Up till then, I’d been getting an IV of Zometa every three months for at least ten years, but after surgery, the orthopedic surgeon said I should take a break from Zometa for awhile. Now my onc wants me to go back on it. I need to get dental clearance before I do; I see my dentist tomorrow.

The onc says since Xeloda has worked pretty well up till now, she wants me to keep taking it, have the spine areas radiated, and start back with the Zometa; then scan again in two months to see if that’s containing the progression. I am okay with this but of course bummed out and worried with this latest development

• brutersmom

Aprilgirl1 nice to know fulvesturant has been easy. I am just concerned if I make that change I might lose an option later when letrozole doesn't seem to be working. I was told that when I progess fulvestrant and a possible change in cdk4 might be a possibility. I need to talk more with the Dr. My side effects are neuropsychological.

Devinemrsm. Sorry to hear about progression. This disease and treatment really takes its toll on our bodies. Hopefully the radiation gets rid of the spine activity without and issue.