Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STEAM ROOM FOR ANGER

Options

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    edited September 2023
    Options

@bcincolarado Again, shucks this gummie is driving me Hahahaha…
    The key in getting this all rolling is that she has had an INCREASING number of FALLS without an identified reason. That warrants all the evaluations. Anyone blowing it off to old age is a moron. Yes, we deteriorate. Yes, we will die, but don't let it be because of something we can measure/treat/fix/ ameliorate and guide

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Okay, reread, fixed most grammar and stuff. Pretty good stuff considering I'm feeling in the Margaritaville way. :)

• bcincolorado
    bcincolorado Member Posts: 4,700
    Options

LOL sash-schatzi. Thanks for the advice. I know what you are talking about medically. Mu daughter in law is am RN and know she has been adding in her two cents to us as well and they keep track of us medically as well with our issues and her folks who live not far from us. Helped when I fell and had to go in the hospital in April after my fall and she got me a great room.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,610
    Options

bc, it's nice to have "connections" who can get you a nicer room in the hospital. 😀

• bcincolorado
    Options

Definitely. The one I got was huge and had a couch which helped with family coming to visit as well. I also was in a corner and away from a lot of noise in the hallway as well. My spouse could set up his computer and stream movies or shows even if we did not like what was on the tv which was pretty sad entertainment when I was stuck in bed. With a lot family visiting a big room helped as well with so many coming in as well and we did not have to worry about disturbing others while they visited the those who were out of town since my daughter and son in law came down as well.

Did hear about mom tests though and sounds like creatine was off and egfr so her kidneys are not working right I think. I know she said she had not been drinking as much as she should have after her dog died and she was in bed and sad. Told her she needs to still take care of herself no matter what.

She worries about me all the time with cancer and after my fall since she is my mom but I am more worried about her right now. I at least get a 2 week break before any more medical stuff goes on for me.

• ctmbsikia
    ctmbsikia Member Posts: 754
    Options

Hope everyone is doing well.

Anxiety is up, have a mammo next week and I'm having pain on the left side, it better be nothing. I can't feel anything. Not sure why it hurts?!! I mean like a 5 hurt. I bought a few new bras in case it's a support issue? Pretty steamed right now. I guess I will never feel normal again.

At least I have a distraction going on right now, Go Phils!!!! Baseball in October is grand! Here's a pic of my house.

• bcincolorado
    Options

Oh ctmbiskia I hope your test comes out ok. I know where I go because of my breast cancer and stuff they are watching on me they read the one I do on my non-cancer side when I am there and often though I do a 3D mamo also do an ultrasound at the same time so it takes longer of course. They at least tell me before I leave if they saw anything or not. Keep us posted.

• illinois1
    illinois1 Member Posts: 2
    Options

The Ibrance commercials are very maddening. I wish Pfizer would use their advertising budget to reduce the cost!

For seven years I have been on Ibrance. Every year I search Medicare.gov and the cost for me has been about $12000/year with the best Medicare part D coverage. I do not qualify for financial assistance. In 2024, my cost will decrease to about $3200 thanks to passage of the Inflation Reduction Act. It has been frustrating to have people tell me that they have great insurance coverage and all their drugs are paid for by their insurance. It feels like they are implying that my prescription coverage was a poor choice which is totally false. Thanks to the current administration, the cost is finally going to be reasonable and in 2025, no one on Medicare part D will pay more than $2000 for drugs.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,610
    Options

Ctm, wishing you peace before your mammogram. Here’s to distractions, right?

Illinois1, I agree. I have no idea what my drug costs are going to be when I switch from private insurance to Medicare.

Carol

• bcincolorado
    Options

illinois does anyone remember when the drug companies and lawyers could not advertise on tv? Hate when they say "talk to your doctor about taking xxx". Really? Do you think your doctor is that dumb? If so you should not be seeing them to start with!!

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 886
    Options

sunshine99, You can go to the medicare website for your state and see what the various plans for your zip code will cost before signing up. It's easier to do when you have a medicare account since you can save all your information but I used the site in advance to decide whether to buy medicare part D or retiree prescription insurance. You enter all your meds and choose pharmacies near you. It gives the total and breakdown costs of each plan and lets you see if they cover everything you take. Things change every year but it was useful for planning purposes.

I ended out going with retiree insurance but am looking forward to switching to part D in 2025 when the drug cap is $2000 (as long as my expensive meds are in a formulary.)

• bcincolorado
    Options

For me a PPO plan was better. For DH he is on advantage plan since he also has VA and they do all his meds which is a lot cheaper in the long run for us. I am on Medicare only at this point though and the PPO plan did not need pre-auth on the tests. The drug companies are making a fortune off all who have medical issues.

• ctmbsikia
    Options

I passed the mammogram!! It did say there are benign appearing calcifications present (both sides). No prior mention of that. I did not mention the pain to the tech since it is gone now. Had it for a week. So, I'm glad that's over and very glad the pain stopped. Not going to worry about it unless it comes back.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,996
    edited October 2023
    Options

Way to go @ctmbsikia! ! Think go all of you as you navigate all the health insurance issues. Please reach out if we can help in any way!

• bcincolorado
    Options

Congrats ctmbiska! I know the scans we do make us nervous. I am so glad yours are good. You need to be able to relax a little bit. 😀

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    Options

Need to vent, this time about my Multi-Ethnic Lit professor. Knowing its a short week because of Thanks giving, she decided to have us do a discussion post about 2 of 4 poems we had to read, 2 response posts to other classmates posts and start a rough draft of thr Final paper. On top of this, if we had any issues to fix with our presentations we had to do last week that lead to the Final paper, to do that too. the only thing that I am happy with so far this week is that my Shakespeare professor only had us working on the rough draft of our final paper for that class.

I mean what kind of numbskull loads a student down with that much work in a week where a holiday occurs?

• bcincolorado
    Options

One who has no life other than school. It is hard with the holidays to deal with things like this.

• bcincolorado
    Options

• bcincolorado
    Options

ctmbiska congrats on passing the mamo!!! Those spots they watch are so worrying now I know.

• bcincolorado
    Options

May not be on again until after the holiday is over and wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and you are still here so that is something to be thankful for this year.

• m0mmyof3
    edited November 2023
    Options

bc,

you got that right. Thankfully I am almost done with my paper for multi-ethnic lit but still waiting on others to post so I can repond. The one classmate who did post read the same ones as I did so I can’t respond to hers!

• ctmbsikia
    Options

bc,

Wishing you, your family and everyone here in the Steam Room a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

@mommy-good luck on your paper.

I had an interesting dental visit today. Had a cleaning in August and they asked me to come back in 3 months, which was today. They did my chart ( I thought I was getting another cleaning) and now I'm being referred to a periodontist. Apparently, my measurements took a dive since 2019. In keeping up in my regular visits all this time she was saying things were stable, but the readings today were concerning. Since I have osteoporosis, I asked if that could be a factor. She said she does have a patient that is on the AI with OS and going to a periodontist. So, I guess I'll go.

I have a DEXA scan set for next month. I will be interested to see how my bones are doing in comparison to my priors. This is really going to do it for me. While I tolerate the AI well, I don't want to risk losing teeth or breaking bones. But what about the cancer returning risk? It just sucks that these results could mean stopping this therapy and keeping my peace of mind. Oh, it's pretty obvious that the $5K Prolia shots may not be working for me!!! UGH

I'll report back after DEXA scan. I hate this ——-but I'm OK. 😎 Thankful and having a good life. Just on edge at times as I'm under no illusion of getting out alive no matter what I do.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Its done, gonna send it afterdinner. Still waiting to finish the response post portion of classwork for the week!

• rancar
    rancar Member Posts: 4
    Options

I'm still mad about the way I had to be stern with the staff when I had my surgery in August. My blood pressure was really low and so they didn't give me pain meds after my bilateral masectomy and direct to implants. I didn't get released from recovery until a night nurse came in got the doctor to order a blood transfusion and my pressure went up at 4 am. I was up from the time I woke up in recovery around 2 pm to 4am and was uncomfortable. The next day, i had to get a nurse together twice because my pain meds were late. I had to use the knowledge I had from working with nurses and ask her to recite my orders and then explain why I wasn't being given my meds on time when I had 2 surgeries in 1 day. She was like well let me call the doctor to double check the orders, I said "I can call her cell right now I'm sure she'll agree with me". When my surgeon bought her newborn to meet me and for her to assess me, I told her and she got the team together. The rest of my stay was pleasant. I felt like I was being treated like I was med seeking when I didn't have meds for 12 hours due to my BP. I know others have had worse but I'm 30 and wasn't strong enough to sit up because of the pain. She should have known I wasn't faking.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Rancar piss poor care. But all the dynamics from the nursing /md side are unknown. BUT you can request records for nursing notes and orders through Medical Records of the facility you were in. The documents will tell you about the sequence of doc to nurse contact. the key to me about your care was the night nurse coming in and acting on the Lab values(Hgb and Hct). When was it reported/posted to the computer. Did the night nurse pick up on a new report or and earlier report not acted on.

• rancar
    rancar Member Posts: 4
    Options

sas-schatzi Thank you for this. I'm not sure what prompted the night nurse that didn't prompt the others. I know she was certified in blood transfusions but I'm not sure if the others were. I'll request the notes and look through them.

• bcincolorado
    Options

ctmbiska good luck with dental stuff. I lost a lot of bone with my cancer meds and ended up dentures now. Not the "good new kind" either they have now since I have lost too much bone. The old fashioned old people kind my grandparents had. It was very sad. Prolia shots did not help but kept me from breaking my hip at least,.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

The Step-Monster-in-law is at it again! Now she is telling me that I cannot have my roots touched up or a hair trim unless I clear it with her or go to someone she has picked out to do my hair! I only go every 3-4 months and hubby likes how my hair looks after its done! If I let het have her way, I’d look like her or worse, A Complete Hag!

• bcincolorado
    Options

Mommyof3 it your hair and your spouse needs to step in and tell them to back off and leave you alone. Sometimes you have get to get snippy with someone and if someone speaks up they sometimes have no idea how rude and incentive they are. Cancer is hard to deal with already and no one can tell you what to do afterwards as far as I am concerned. I got a lot more vocal I know with my own family after my stuff and you need to find your voice and get your spouse to advocate for you if you can't. Good luck. Family is hard. Hugs.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

I told her to speak to my hubby about it if she had a problem, he let’s me get my hair done as he likes how it makes me look afterwards!