Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STEAM ROOM FOR ANGER

Options
1350351352353354356»

Comments

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    Options

Thanks gals! I feel the same way. My cats and my dog are my babies.

• bcincolorado
    bcincolorado Member Posts: 4,700
    Options

Pets also relieve stress we are feeling, and it has been studied. We adopted a new doggie last year and she is now so spoiled and gives so much joy every day with playing with her toys. I can't walk with her yet after my fall last year but DH walks her and it is good time for him to be out and away from the stress of being here with me and caring for me right now. Pets are important and anyone who feels differently has never had a real pet in their lives.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

My mom got two Shih Tzu mix rescues over the weekend. She really wanted a puppy but she couldn’t resist the two. They are two years old and as long as it makes her happy, it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    Options

exactly tell your bro to go fly a kite

• bcincolorado
    Options

Rescue doggies are the best ones if you ask me. They are usually very loving dogs and happy to have a good home as well. Every pet we had has been a rescue since we were married and we have been married for 42 years almost and been through a few now since we out lived our doggies. We used to have 2 but now that we are old got one this time and she loves being an only so much and could not imagine getting another one right now since we do not have the energy for 2 right now.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Younger brother isn’t happy but mom got her way.

• ctmbsikia
    ctmbsikia Member Posts: 754
    Options

I'm glad your mom has new companions. Since my husband passed, I really would like a dog, but I still work every day and I just wouldn't be able to leave it alone all day knowing that it is wondering if I will ever return. I just can't. Not sure I want the responsibility as well. Then, there's the added expense. Figure I will revisit this one day when I have more time to be with a pet. My daughter and soon to be son in-law rescued a dog 2 years ago. She most definitely was abused. Vet took a bb out of her side. She does not like other dogs or men with hats ( ie my son). She really has come a long way since they got her. I have treats and a toy basket for her at my house. My name is Gigi. She does well at my place. Here she was at Easter.

• bcincolorado
    Options

She looks like a sweetie pie. You can have visiting doggies for now. Ours is one we got from the shelter which is where we got all our other ones. The people had 3 other dogs and this one and this one was more active and bigger and they had a new baby and did not have time to give her the attention that she needed. They paid her adoption fee which we did not know when we chose her. She is so sweet and loves being an only girl who gets all the attention at our house. She thinks anybody who comes to visit is to see her as well.