Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STEAM ROOM FOR ANGER

1353354355356357359»

Comments

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,679

yep!

• bcincolorado
    bcincolorado Member Posts: 4,730

My heart goes out to you all.

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 838
    edited September 17

Let me know if anyone has gone through this!

I had not been in to get a pap smear in over 3 years, mainly because I moved and needed to find a doctor. I just had my appointment with this great doctor, and some cells were mimicking HPV. I just had the colposcopy on Thursday. She said there were two spots that looked "moderate". She took biopsies and she told me not to worry, there is a very slim chance it will be cervical cancer. I'm still trying not to freak out. I've never had an abnormal pap smear let alone one that was elevated (HPV 16) I made an appointment for 3 weeks should it be something more to come in for a consultation. If it isn't warranted because it comes back moderate or low for possible cancer, she told me to cancel it.

It takes 5 business days to get the results, so Thursday or Friday this week they will call me.

UGGGHH!!!!!

• bcincolorado
    bcincolorado Member Posts: 4,730

I know my primary has been nagging me about getting a pap again but feel like at this point even it is something do not know how I would want to treat it even. I am so tired of everything sometimes and want to just not do any testing or anything at this point. I have other things wrong to kill me at this point so feel like getting through a day sometimes is all I can do. I have put it off now for 6 moths and know he is going to ask me again when I see him this week.

• homemom

I've been going every year until 2020 when they weren't taking patients. Then I moved and I had to research to find a good doctor. I've always had normal paps so this is concerning to someone like us where we've had that "testing" for cancer before. PTSD big time, no matter how much she tried to calm me.

My sister hasn't been in 30 years, so I wouldn't feel bad if it's been six months LOL

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 1,224

homemom, I have had 2 cone biopsies (older procedure) and 3 leep procedures over the years to remove abnormal cells. This wasn't exactly fun but could have been worse. If the margins are clean you are good to go until the next time they find something. It's better to get the rogue cells out before they spread. My last three pap smears were fine.

• homemom

Thank you for that. I see that the results are in my portal, but I never look because I don't understand medical talk and I'm afraid I'll read the wrong things into it. I've also looked it up and one of the premier hospitals said it takes 10 - 15 years for it to turn into cancer, so that also gave me some relief, but I'm nervous. Tomorrow it will all come to light, most likely in the morning. ugh.

• homemom
    edited 7:59PM

So I got the results call and of the two specimens taken, one was benign and one has abnormal cells(vaginal wall). I have a consult appt with my gyno next Wednesday. The nurse asked if i wanted to bypass that and straight to the other doctor at the cancer center! Is that where you went, or did your gyno do the cone biopsy?

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 1,224
    edited 9:16PM

I'm sorry you need to have dysplasia taken care of. Gynos did my cone biopsies/leep procedures. You could consult with your gyno and then make an appointment at the cancer center if you thought she was out of her depth. My procedures were all pre bc diagnosis so if you are concerned you could opt for the cancer center.

The leep removes tissue with an electrically heated wire loop; they give you a local anesthetic so you don't feel it. Afterwards there was a bit of spotting and cramping but nothing ibuprofen couldn't handle. It was the level of procedure where you could return to work the same day. There were lifting restrictions for the first week and no intercourse/tampons allowed for a month. Dysplasia is precancerous so there is nothing else done except followup to make sure they got it all. I have had dysplasia removed from other parts of my body (my esophagus just last month); the cervix has been the easiest. I hope all goes smoothly for you.