Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STEAM ROOM FOR ANGER

Comments

• bcincolorado
    bcincolorado Member Posts: 4,728

How terrible!!! Moving is so hard anyway and did many in the military and we ended up with a lot of broken things because of how things were packed. We started packing and hand carrying special dishes ourselves or anything we would really miss and pack those in a car when we moved. Harder when you find out after the fact that something is missing.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,674

Got the stuff that was missing. The jerk mover even left our good silverware that goes with my china! Thankfully I discovered it in packed in a box of shoes!

• bcincolorado

I am glad you got your stuff back. It is so hard when stuff is not packed right and put in odd places.

It has been so either super hot or raining like crazy with hail and lots of lightening where you can't be outside at all. Can't do anything outside at all. Was trying to get into a routine walking a few days a week with DH in the morning but with the heat it too hard on me to be out there. Wanted to make it to church tomorrow and Dh offered to drive me since I can't do that anymore but it is going to be too hot for me to even attempt to get dressed and leave the house tomorrow.

Have to be out on Monday for labs for MO as well and going out 2 days is too hard on me right now. Tired of being tired and worn out and old before I should be.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890

Bump

• m0mmyof3

Nah, I think the mover was being deliberate in leaving stuff behind because he kept hinting he would go and retrieve to junk it for us.

• bcincolorado

Probably wanted to bill for that as well for a second trip or something.

Got some of labs back and posted MO wanted but have a feeling they did not run everything she wanted. I am hoping something else shows up and if not she is happy with what she got and won't make me go back for another poke again. You would think I would get used to the needles but still makes me faint almost and have to go in the recliner chair they have.

• m0mmyof3

BC, you got that right!

• bcincolorado

Got reminder notice this morning of my MO appointment next week already. I still hate going there after this time. sure be so used to going there now. The whole idea makes me so nervous all the time. Then of course they always want to take your blood pressure when you are there and wonder why it is so high. Well you are stressed out!!! Duh!!!

• doodler
    doodler Member Posts: 75

I was looking for this topic/thread awhile ago, I'm glad someone has re-activated it. I'll probably pop by here once in awhile.

Today's rant: about pre-planning cremation/funerals/burials etc. Which is a great thing, I honestly think everyone should look into pre-planning their arrangements. You have some control, you take the burden off of relatives, and you can save a bit to boot.

But now that I've gotten into pre-planning, certain family members feel obligated to voice their preferences. They don't get it. My dear, beloved family… if you were making the decisions, you could pay for it too. I'm pre-planning for a reason, and I get the final say on the type of urn, cemetery, etc… SMH! It's not being put to a vote. They can be pretty amusing.

• bcincolorado

Agree with that one on the funeral planning. No one else should say what you should do but you if you are doing the planning.

• m0mmyof3

I agree with bc, it’s a personal thing, not a group activity!

• m0mmyof3

So ticked off! Had to fix a rip in the brand new mattress pad I had bought before we moved caused by the mover and also found that his girlfriend stole the electric razor my hubby bought for me on my last birthday!

• bcincolorado

How terrible!!! What awful movers.

• m0mmyof3

Yep!

• bcincolorado

Went to MO this morning and she was late of course getting there. Apparently she is going to retire before I will need to see her again and she decided to just order tests for next year and said my primary can take care of me now unless there is an issue so they do not just pass me to someone new again. She said my scans looked ok at least which was a good thing but maybe need to stop worrying so much maybe and after having issues already on the scans is worrying since primary would end up having to refer me again somewhere else now and start over again. What a pain. Sometimes feel like I am done with the testing and at this point if comes back not sure how much I want to fight still. I do want to outlive parents and see my other 3 grandkids graduate high school at least.

• gailmary
    gailmary Member Posts: 490

Bc. That sucks. I hear of so many drs retiring. I can'tan only hope I don't hear it soon. Good luck.

• bcincolorado

Had one MO retire on me and then got another one in same practice and then she questioned why other doc did not treat me differently than he did since she would have been more aggressive in treatment I guess. He was more conservative in treatment I think and she was not. Now just in limbo at this point and may not need another one I guess but kind of feel like I need to get set up somewhere to be safe.

• ctmbsikia
    ctmbsikia Member Posts: 770

We buried my sister yesterday. She lived with metastatic breast cancer for 10 years. Mets to her bones which progressed twice in that time. This last progression was leptomeningeal which 1-took all sorts of docs to find, and 2-was exceptionally fast and nasty. It was awful but she is at peace now.

She did some pre planning of her funeral. My brother in-law and 2 nieces did an absolutely wonderful job with her care, and putting the final details together for her services. So many people were there. She is resting in a beautiful spot that I know she would have approved of, so I will visit her often.

I am still in disbelief that she is gone, and I am still here. I have to live with this fact every day for the rest of my life. She was my younger sister, only 60. Her MO that she had until recently was at her visitation. She would be so happy that she came.

I am heartbroken, even more so than when I lost my husband. It's a whole new level of pain and sadness.

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,551
    edited September 6

ctmbsikia - So very, very sorry for you and yours. Hugs and tears. (I cried when I read your post.)

• bcincolorado

ctmbiskia my sympathy to you and your family. I know this is a very hard loss for you. We are here for you. Virtual hugs.

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 542

@ctmbsikia, deepest sympathy to you on your loss. In your pocket.

• harley07
    harley07 Member Posts: 341

@ctmbsikia - my condolences on the loss of your sister. (((Hugs)))

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 709

@ctmbsikia - I’m so very sorry that you lost your sister. This disease steals everything we love. Comfort and peace to you and her husband and daughters.

• l8blmr
    l8blmr Member Posts: 119

@ctmbsikia - my deepest sympathies on the loss of your sister. Death is hard, but to this disease, it's cruel. Hugs to you and your family.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,430

@ctmbsikia - We're so sorry to hear that. Please accept our deepest condolences. Sending lots of love to you and your family.

The Mods

• bcincolorado

ctmbiskia checking in you. Please know we are all here for you

• aborayis
    aborayis Member Posts: 418

@ctmbsikia I am so very sorry. Sending you love and hugs. Peace and comfort to you and your family.

• ctmbsikia
    ctmbsikia Member Posts: 770

It's been a week and I'm still in disbelief. Maybe it's just safer for me to stay here. It all happened so fast. 31 days from the LMD diagnosis to gone! I'll eventually come out of it but not until I'm ready.

Thank you all.

• m0mmyof3

Found my coffee cups today. I had packed them well and tight, in the midst of unpacking them I found that the lower corner of the box was busted and crumpled and that a cup we had for our dog had been broken. I am furious! I am finding more stuff was either damaged, broken or parts are missing! They even lost the bolts for our bed frame and we had to buy new bolts to put it together!

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 542

I fear that these days, that saying of "if you want something done well, do it yourself" is becoming more of a truism than ever.