Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

CRAZY TOWN WAITING ROOM - TESTS coming up? All Stages Welcome.

Options

Comments

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962
    edited January 2021
    Options

Joining others in your pocket, LB.

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    edited January 2021
    Options

In your pocket, LB!! Keep us posted. Sending virtual hugs.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,440
    edited January 2021
    Options

LB, I’m joining everyone else in your pocket

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,317
    edited January 2021
    Options

In your pocket, LB!

• lb13
    lb13 Member Posts: 48
    edited January 2021
    Options

Thank you all for the support—I definitely felt the love. I am so grateful to report my first post-cancer mammo was clear! A little sigh of relief for a minute. So thankful for all of you

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited January 2021
    Options

LB13...Yay for great news !! 🌞

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962
    edited January 2021
    Options

LB, time to celebrate the good news!

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hello, I wanted to come on here and wave "hi" to the Crazies. I was dx 10 years ago and have been doing just fine, thank you. Then, my pcp wanted me to have a PT/Ct scan and now I'm circling Crazy Town Civic Center. Scan shows 3 spots of mild interest and first biopsy on original tumor needs to be checked out with surgeon. Still have to have the lung doctors tell me what they think that little spot might be. All of these appointments have been office visits which scares me on top of the fear of whatever may be lurking beneath the surface. I've had my first Covid vaccine, but 2nd is still a couple of weeks away.

I think of Beppie nearly every day. She gave me a lovely coffee mug when we met and I have my morning coffee in that mug. Does anyone have contact with her husband? Or know if her daughter has made her a grandmother?

Sending greetings to all of you. I hope you are all staying safe and living life to the fullest. Jan

• Lucy55
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hi Jan..

Hoping all goes well with your Dr appointments ..! I know how stressful it all it 😒

I think of Beepy often too ..every time I come on here ..and many other times too..We had planned to travel , and stay with her and hubby a few days the following year ...

Our covid vaccines start here in Australia next month ..I'll be getting mine as soon as I can !

Take care

• octogirl
    edited January 2021
    Options

Jan, so good to hear from you! but so sorry to hear you are in Crazytown! Heck, I think this pandemic puts us all there, so pull up a chair. We are all in your pockets for the followup...please keep us posted. I think of Beppy often too. Wish I had contact info for her hubby. I did meet him once, seemed like such a nice person.

LB, hip, hip, hooray for good news!!

• m0mmyof3
    edited January 2021
    Options

Great news LB

• chisandy
    edited January 2021
    Options

LB, congrats on the clean mammo.

Jan, one step at a time--those spots may be nothing. I had a spot on my lung in July, per the chest/ab/pelvic CT I took before my eye radiation. Repeat scan in Oct. showed that it shrank. My onc team is certain it's scarring, most likely from the paroxysmal coughing I had in Dec. 2019 (pertussis was the working dx). Inflammation also "lights up" a PET scan. About 17 yrs ago I had some R hip pain, with some sort of soft tissue intermittently "catching." X-ray showed a chunk of my R iliac crest (pelvic bone) had broken off. Orthopedist was concerned, as I was too young for osteoporosis and didn't recall any serious injuries. He ordered a PET scan to rule out bone cancer. The scan showed a large area that "lit up" consistent with inflammation. He then remembered that his ex-partner had--back in late 1996--harvested bone from my iliac crest to mix with epoxy to repair my leg shattered by its, uh, "unintentional encounter" with a car bumper. He dug a little too deep, but better to harvest too much bone than too little. I had the option of getting the broken-off chunk removed laparoscopically or letting my body resorb it. I chose the latter, which turned out to be fine.

• lb13
    lb13 Member Posts: 48
    edited January 2021
    Options

Thanks all - and Jan - in your pocket - praying for good news for you! :)

• m0mmyof3
    edited January 2021
    Options

Feel like I have been punched in the gut. I just found out that I lost a dear friend earlier this month.

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited January 2021
    Options

LB - Congrats on the good mammo results!

On the 29th, will be getting mine and hoping for good results!

• octogirl
    edited January 2021
    Options

I am so sorry to hear that Mommy!

• m0mmyof3
    edited January 2021
    Options

Thanks Octo.

• chisandy
    edited January 2021
    Options

So sorry, M0mmy. May your friend's memory be for a blessing. It's always more shocking when the news is delayed.

• m0mmyof3
    edited January 2021
    Options

Thanks Sandy. It was a complete shock to see her obituary. We’d been friends since ‘01 when we met on a fan forum for a show we liked

• rainnyc
    rainnyc Member Posts: 801
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hi Crazytown inhabitants,

I don't stop by much anymore, and I see this thread is quiet. What might bring me here? Why of course, a PET scan! It happened Monday of this week, and I heard from the oncologist on Wednesday that all is fine. Now in recovery from several nights of insomnia, circling the Crazy drain. Count me as another one who has a lung spot that MO feels is dead tissue; it's been there for a couple of years and hasn't changed through several rounds of PET/MRI scans.

So sorry about your friend, Mommy. This has been a hard year, with so much death and bad news for so many. May her memory be a blessing.

Count me as another who thinks of our lovely Beppy from time to time. I felt so fortunate that she included me on her whirlwind tour of NY city about six months before she died.

Octo (or anyone else), I do have her home address, if you want to try and get in touch with Bud, assuming he hasn't moved away.

Have a fine weekend, all! It's cold here, so I'm thinking soup....

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited January 2021
    Options

Mommy - Adding my somewhat belated condolences to you on the loss of your friend.

Had mammo & breast surgeon visit today. Mammo all clear (4 yrs NED)! Got Dexa results - low density, but not enough to warrant Prolia or similar. Will see how things go with the MO - 2 wks from today. Hoping to confirm 5 yrs only for the Arimidex.

• m0mmyof3
    edited January 2021
    Options

Thanks Celia. My late friend had been having health issues starting in early Fall of last year. I think her body was just worn out from that.

• octogirl
    edited January 2021
    Options

rain, good to hear from you and yeah for good scan results!

I'd love Bud's address, if you could send it to me in a PM...or just put your email in a PM and I will email you....

I may not have mentioned this on this thread, but my son is now living his dream; living in Manhattan. So rain, as soon as Covid permits, I am heading to the Big Apple. Maybe as soon as this spring or summer if all goes well. Would love to meet up while I am there, and I definitely hope to have my vaccine by then.

Lucy, speaking of visits, I just read that Oz is talking about keeping its border shut for all of 2021. I sure hope not!

Octogirl

• rainnyc
    edited January 2021
    Options

Octo, that's great news that you're coming east at some point! I'll send a DM with relevant info.

If anyone else wants Bud's address (assuming he hasn't moved), let me know.

Gloriously cold here. Snow's a coming!

• m0mmyof3
    edited January 2021
    Options

It sure is Rain! I’m east of you and all prepared!

• Lucy55
    edited January 2021
    Options

Rain ..so good to hear all went well with your scan !!

Mommy ..sorry your lost your friend ..

Octo...Our government is saying that our boarders will be shut for 2021...At this stage even returning Australians have to go into self paid hotel quarantine for 2 weeks before going home They are very strict ..Brisbane had a single case a few weeks ago ( other than overseas returns who were in quarantine ) and we all had to go into lockdown , and other states shut their boarders to us ..then yesterday Western Australia got their first community case in months and Perth is now in lockdown .

In most cases it is leaked out by people who work at the quarantine hotels.

The vaccines start here later in Feb..and they are hoping to have everyone done in a few months ...everyone whose wiling to be done that is ...We are both getting ours as soon as we can ..We know quite a few people who aren't going to have it though , which I quess will slow the opening of our boarders as well...

• m0mmyof3
    edited January 2021
    Options

Thanks Lucy

• rainnyc
    edited January 2021
    Options

Mommyof2, where in Connecticut do you live?

Storm prep: tomato soup made, cookies almost done, chicken ready to roast!

Lucy, that is so interesting that your government is planning on just a few months to get everyone vaccinated. Here, it's a bit like Hunger Games getting a vaccination appointment. I'm not eligible yet and won't be for a while. My husband is, and fortunately we were able to get him an appointment--assuming it's not cancelled due to weather.

Always something....

• chisandy
    edited February 2021
    Options

Vaccine appt. process here is like a cross between Hunger Games and trying to buy Springsteen tickets online as soon as they go on sale. (Pretty much also what happened with the Immersive Van Gogh exhibit, which sold out all of Feb. & March in less than 2 hrs.). Just got off the phone with my singing partner up in Madison, WI; vaccines are even scarcer up there. I have to start practicing for the virtual concert I'm doing (from my living room) March 5 for the coffeehouse he books. The guy who did a concert last week parodied one of my songs! If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, being parodied is a true sign I've "arrived" (at least in the IL/WI folk community). He's not Weird Al, but close enough for folk music.

A mutual friend found a program that almost completely eliminates the delay & echo of doing live duets over Zoom, so maybe we can do concerts again as a duo, rather than swapping songs. Stay tuned...

• m0mmyof3
    edited February 2021
    Options

Rain, I’m in Western Connecticut