Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

CRAZY TOWN WAITING ROOM - TESTS coming up? All Stages Welcome.

Options

Comments

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    edited March 2021
    Options

I am feeling a sense of relief. Can’t wait to put this virus crud in the rear view mirror.

• ThreeC
    ThreeC Member Posts: 70
    edited March 2021
    Options

Haven’t been on here in forever but it’s the night before another mammogram and sleep is a long way off. Finally got my 1st COVID-19 vaccine last week after weeks of no success. That is a big relief. Lost my MO recently and just can’t talk as well with the new one I was assigned. May have to look for a new one. It’s always nice to have this site to come to when the scan craziness starts. Good luck to all

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,101
    edited March 2021
    Options

ThreeC - don't panic if your mammogram shows weird things. There are a number of studies showing that the vaccine can effect the results and recommending you wait 6 weeks after your shots.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,290
    edited March 2021
    Options

ThreeC--be sure to tell your mammo tech (if you haven't already) and patient-portal-message your primary care doc & interim MO that you're a week past your first COVID shot. Temporary lymphadenopathy--even if you had no more than an injection-site reaction--is quite common after any kind of vaccination, as your lymph nodes are where your newly-created antibodies are "mustering" for possible "deployment" in reaction to your next shot. It's usually on the same side as the injected arm--which if you were following lymphedema-prevention protocols would be your right arm, the opposite side from where you had DCIS. Occasionally, there's bilateral axillary-node swelling, but in that case the nodes near your salivary glands would also be slightly swollen too. It's NOT a sign of spread. Your MO or RO might consider doing a quick CT or ultrasound to make sure it's just a vaccine side effect (and one that shows the vaccine is working).

• Poppy_90
    Poppy_90 Member Posts: 84
    edited March 2021
    Options

First six month dx mammo tomorrow. More nervous than I thought I would be—to be back where it all started is hitting me. I know you ladies get it. Deep breaths, right? And maybe a sleeping pill tonight.I’ll happily take any good thoughts and wishes. Thanks!

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962
    edited March 2021
    Options

In your pocket for the mammo, Poppy!

• Poppy_90
    Poppy_90 Member Posts: 84
    edited March 2021
    Options

thanks so much, Beaverntx.

• chisandy
    edited March 2021
    Options

Jumping into your pocket, Poppy! (A nice sundae with Ativan sprinkles--as Queenmomcat, the second "Mayor of Crazy Town" used to say when welcoming a new BCO sister--wouldn't hurt, either).

• m0mmyof3
    edited March 2021
    Options

Yesterday was good news and bad news!

The bad:

The oil cyst has grown on the left surgical scar has grown again and will probably be removed in the near future. My surgeon wants me to have the plastic surgeon take a look at it and see if she can remove it in office or toss it back to my breast surgeon and she can do it in the OR quickly. The reason my plastic surgeon is involved now is that it is close to my implant.

The good:

I will be able to register for my 1st vaccine dose on Friday instead of Monday since the governor has moved up the timeline on my age group! So the hunt will begin Friday morning!

• chisandy
    edited March 2021
    Options

My son just got his first Pfizer shot today--UIC Health called him and said they had some no-shows today, and he has asthma. He's in IL's Group 1B+/Chicago's Group 1C. 1B+ is already being vaccinated downstate. The city's health commissioner says that while 1C doesn't officially start till 3/29, if centers & pharmacies have cancellations & leftovers that need to be administered, they can offer them to those in 1C who are restaurant workers or have underlying conditions.

Have a little "scanxiety:" had my 5-month followup chest/ab/pelvis contrast CT scan this morning and am awaiting results--the only thing in my portal inbox is that my kidney enzyme levels (via finger-stick) are normal and that I passed the COVID screening questionnaires. Meanwhile, my allergies are driving me nuts: itchy throat (even on the outside), itchy eyes & ears too; twitchy lungs; and an annoying crackle that sounds like cellophane in my R ear when I move my jaw. FP says it's likely fluid in the Eustachian tube, due to allergies. I've had to go off both Zyrtec (and any antihistamines) and my Pataday eye drops since Saturday, since my penicillin allergy challenge test is tomorrow morning. Had to cancel it twice before (due to awaiting COVID test results), then they cancelled on me because a staffer tested positive, then they suspended all elective procedures while Glenbrook (the only hospital in the system with allergists) was used as NorthShore's COVID-only hospital. I've been getting by on Nasalcrom, Nasacort, my rescue inhaler, Singulair and if truly desperate, the prednisone eye drops left over from my plaque-brachytherapy eye surgeries. (All the above are OK to take, per the allergy clinic's NP). My cats have been unduly affectionate of late, which does aggravate matters; and trees are starting to pollinate. If the challenge turns out negative, then I can take penicillin instead of a costlier antibiotic before my dental procedures. Apparently, while 10% of patients claim to be penicillin-allergic, only 1% of the population actually is: the "amoxicillin rash" is not an allergy, it's a side effect. Fingers crossed!

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    edited March 2021
    Options

uugh, Sandy, allergies and scanxiety! In your pocket!

• chisandy
    edited March 2021
    Options

Scan results in: all stable. Same lung nodule <5mm (likely a scar from December 2019's cough-fest), same diverticuli w/o inflammation, same uterine fibroid, same 3.3cm scar at the mammary seroma site, same "degenerative changes" in my spine (guess that makes me a degenerate?). Whew! Now on to the penicillin challenge.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,154
    edited March 2021
    Options

Good news and let's hope tomorrow's challenge will rule out penicillin allergy.

• chisandy
    edited March 2021
    Options

It did, Betrayal! (Although that 500mg oral dose of amox. on a virtually-empty stomach, followed by a lunch of fried egg atop avocado toast and more black coffee is doing a number on my appetite right now. abx+fat+acid=yuck).

• m0mmyof3
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hubby’s first shot is done! I become eligible in the morning!

• m0mmyof3
    edited April 2021
    Options

Everything was perfectly fine his morning and then my day went straight to crud. I got word that I lost a dear friend last night

• chisandy
    edited April 2021
    Options

Oh, M0mmy, I am so sorry! May their memory be for a blessing.

• m0mmyof3
    edited April 2021
    Options

Its been a hard couple of days since my friend passed but it is slowly getting better. She is an angel now.

• octogirl
    edited April 2021
    Options

I am so sorry M0mmy. Glad it isn't quite as hard.

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited April 2021
    Options

Mommy ..thinking of you ..

• m0mmyof3
    edited April 2021
    Options

Thanks its hard to believe its been almost a month since my friend passed.

On a more positive note, I am now fully vaccinated! Got my 2nd shot a week ago!

• octogirl
    edited April 2021
    Options

yay for shot two! I am also fully vaccinated; happy about that...

• m0mmyof3
    edited April 2021
    Options

May 19th I get the oil cyst removed.

• lw422
    lw422 Member Posts: 1,399
    edited May 2021
    Options

Tuesday I have an ultrasound of Thelma, my homicidal boob. I'm nervous because it's a check of how I'm responding to chemo after 10 weeks of Taxol, and if it's not a good result it will sink me. Ugh.

• m0mmyof3
    edited May 2021
    Options

In your pocket, LW

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,799
    edited May 2021
    Options

We will be with you. Taxol works wonders (although it makes us feel like a dog who ate a slab of Hershey chocolate)

• m0mmyof3
    edited May 2021
    Options

If it ever came back, they could never give me Taxol again. I had a real bad reaction to it.

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited May 2021
    Options

LW...in your pocket ...hoping all goes well for you !!! Let us know how you go ...

• m0mmyof3
    edited May 2021
    Options

Went to bed with a heavy heart and woke up with it. Last night I got a call from my mom that one of my cousins woh I had been close with had died.

• octogirl
    edited May 2021
    Options

Hope all went well, LW! Let us know how you are doing.

M0mmy, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your heart feels lighter with memories of your cousin.

Lucy, I have finally resigned myself to the truth that Australia won't let me travel there in the fall. Maybe next year?

Virtual hugs to all;

Octogirl