Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

CRAZY TOWN WAITING ROOM - TESTS coming up? All Stages Welcome.

Options

Comments

• lw422
    lw422 Member Posts: 1,399
    edited May 2021
    Options

M0mmy--my sympathies to you; sorry for your loss.

Thanks so much to ALL of you for your good wishes. I should have reported back earlier that my ultrasound was rescheduled for next week!! So I'll have my carryover "scanxiety" for another week. As for Taxol, it has really been easy for me; so thankful that I feel normal and without serious SEs. I'm cringing to think of AC starting in a couple of weeks, though!!

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    edited May 2021
    Options

In your pocket, LW!

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    edited May 2021
    Options

ty all

Had outpatient surgery yesterday to remove the cyst on my left mastectomy scar. All went well, just a bit sore but Tylenol is taking care of it

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited May 2021
    Options

Mommy...glad all went well with your surgery !

LW....hope all goes well for you !

Octo ..Yes ..overseas travellers definately won't be allowed in this year ...hopefully next year .!!!! 🤞..but who knows....Because we have been very lucky Covid wise ( thankfully only 6 Queensland deaths ) Australians aren't keen to get the vaccine ...and borders won't open until everyone is fully vaccinated...We have had our first vaccine ( three months between vaccines for us ) ...but the vast majority of people don't want it ...or don't want it until "they know more "...or it sneaks in and starts raging through the country ..that's always the fear ..people not vaccinated , and no herd immunity...

Hugs to all

• m0mmyof3
    edited May 2021
    Options

ty Lucy

• lw422
    edited May 2021
    Options

Thanks everyone. My scan results were good news; tumor shrunk and so did the lymph node, so woohoo!

In other news, I started AC on Tuesday and yesterday was pure hell. That stuff is harsh! Thank goodness there are only 3 more of those.

• Lucy55
    edited May 2021
    Options

LW ...yay 🎉...Great news !!!!

• m0mmyof3
    edited May 2021
    Options

Awesome LW!

• octogirl
    edited May 2021
    Options

yay LW!!!! Happy Dance!! Sorry the AC was harsh and hang in there.

Take care of yourself, M0mmy.

Fingers definitely crossed for 2022, Lucy. I think about you and Australia often.

• m0mmyof3
    edited May 2021
    Options

Saw my plastic surgeon today and everything is healing well. I’m a bit sad because if I need to see a plastic surgeon again in the near future it won’t be her anymore. She gave me a name for another plastic surgeon as she told me she is retiring.

• lw422
    edited May 2021
    Options

Glad you got a good report, M0mmy. Too bad about your PS but maybe you'll like the new one just as much.

I seriously need to grow a pair and stop whining about freakin' chemo. It's something I have to do so let's get busy.

• m0mmyof3
    edited May 2021
    Options

I pray I won’t have to see one anymore

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,293
    edited May 2021
    Options

LW, I remember reading in Dr. Susan Love's (or was it Elisa Port's?) breast cancer "Bible" that those about to undergo chemo with Adriamycin might develop an aversion to cherry Jello, popsicles or even Hawaiian punch because they'll forever associate that shade of transparent red with the I.V. bags of Red Devil.

• chisandy
    edited May 2021
    Options

I'm circling the outskirts of Crazy Town myself right now. First, at my ocular-onc followup yesterday, he looked at the latest ultrasound scan and said that the melanoma grew by 0.2 mm (about the size of the period at the end of this sentence). He's not concerned because he said it's not unusual for these tumors to wax & wane during the year after being irradiated, but if it makes me feel any better he'll see me in July (a year after dx) rather than Aug. (a year after treatment). He also said it's not a true "ciliary body" melanoma but more of an "iris" melanoma--it's behind the lower edge of the iris near but not in the ciliary body--so it's a better prognosis. He admonished me for consulting Dr. Google (I failed to follow my own advice) because websites tend to generalize and my tumor is highly unique.

The other reason I'm freaking out a bit is that while I sat outside on the deck after dinner, I felt a sharp slight sting on my upper back...followed w/in 5 min. with sharp pain (like a very localized Charley-horse) radiating above & below. Bob looked at it and saw a bright red streak! He applied some Benadryl cream, and shortly afterward the redness had faded, the streak had gotten shorter but broader, with a pale raised welt in the center (with a lighted magnifier, he could see the tiny hole where the stinger--or skeeter's proboscis--had gone in). He took a photo, which I sent to my PCP, and then popped a couple of generic Benadryl. (No Xanax for me tonight unless I wanna stop breathing). But for the definite evidence of some sort of sting ot bite, and having gotten my Shingrix shots a couple of years ago, it sort of resembles a mild shingles rash. We'll see what happens in the a.m. when my PCP gets back to me.

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 570
    edited May 2021
    Options

The tumor in your eye is scary. I am glad that your doctor keeps up with it and seems really good about explaining things. It is hard to stay away from google, I know that a few times I had myself in an emotional mess reading things. Hope the sting on your back ends up being nothing serious.

• chisandy
    edited May 2021
    Options

The evidence of the sting--welt & red patch--were totally gone by morning. Our neighborhood blog is full of posts about a plethora of biting flies. So I'm not slone.

• octogirl
    edited June 2021
    Options

glad the bite damage is gone Sandy! and given my eye tumor issues, I can definitely relate...lots of just watching to be sure it doesn't start growing again, my next MRI on my optic nerve tumor is coming up late this month...I don't mind the MRI, but i hate the scans and lights shining in my eyes...

Take care, all!

Octogirl

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hi Ladies, I have been off here for a bit....BUT have been living in crazytown for a bit and finally getting my crazy thoughts and multiple lumps in my cancer side checked out with biopsies.......my breast were removed long ago and so were my implants.....I had a plastic surgeon doc at UW create bumps on my chest fill with fat from my inner thighs......I only have the lumps on BC side........so on Wed. I will have needle aspiration biopsies

Yikes!!!!

Di

• chisandy
    edited June 2021
    Options

In your pocket, Di, for the biopsies.

• m0mmyof3
    edited June 2021
    Options

Been in pain all day from sciatica. Nothing I did helped until hubby went out and got some Icy Hot. Finally able to sit with a little bit of pain.

• chisandy
    edited June 2021
    Options

Ouch, M0mmy. I find relief from IcyHot's lidocaine roll-on, and Sagely's CBD/menthol spray. BioFreeze (menthol & arnica) works too.

• m0mmyof3
    edited June 2021
    Options

Did some stretches and applied more Icy Hot and I started feeling more like myself yesterday. Planning on doing more stretches today to see if it will help more.

• Lucy55
    edited June 2021
    Options

Mommy ..glad you are getting some relief ...I find an electric heat pad helps ...a nice warm shower helps ...and wearing a back brace low ..so it gives me support where I need it .

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,799
    edited June 2021
    Options

Epsom salt soak in tub. Nuked rice bags are good in bed, as they only get cooler--safety feature.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hi Ladies...guess who is back..your funniest, sexiest, smartest, craziest, person to enter the BCO ever...I have thought about you all more times then you can imagine....of all the fun times we had and some of the great people I have ever know..looked over the list, and you all are still around..Mommy, Sandy, etc, etc...still miss our Mayor of crazytown, and look at her picture often...so many happy memories of her...I’m doing ok..getting older...still a member of The Mile High Club,..LOL...normal aches and pains for a 86 year old broad...had a birthday on. April 24th.....not sure why I stopped posting. .but I”m back..at least for a while..and like I tell my kids..still on the green side of the grass...above ground and taking nourishment...I now have 15 great-grandchildren and # 16 coming in Nov...more of my grandkids are either married or engaged....the final grandchild has 2 more years of college and we’re done with all that...she is going for a degree in nursing and has made the Deans List every semester....her brother has one more year left for his PharmD...all the others have finished...only one did not go to college...He is a union carpenter like his grandfather and his 3 uncles were....well I hve bored you all to death...so I will say...bye for now...but I promise I will return....that is if you all want me back...LOL..love you all.....

• keywestfan
    keywestfan Member Posts: 361
    edited June 2021
    Options

Ducky, you don’t know me, but I want you back. I am amazed at all your grandchildren and great children. How absolutely wonderful to see them grow up.You are almost exactly one year younger than I am. Was 87 on April 9 with one 12.5 year old grandson, with the insane name of Treat. He told me, “Granny, I ‘m in puberty, but still a virgin.” We live in Evanston, five minutes from the northern end of Chicago, home of Northwestern U where Gil, my husband, is a prof. Moved from Glencoe, a suburb a little further north. Last night we flew from Denver after visiting Gil’s brother to Santa Fe. If one can make it out of the horrid Denver airport without getting Covid, even vaccinated, it is a feat. Zillions of people, all masked, all crowded together en masse, but many masks below noses. Our flight to Santa Fe was delayed and no taxis, ubers, etc. Some man, this is about 1 am, gave us a ride from the airport along with another couple. The man I sat next too was chatty and told me he was from New York, but had just been to Evanston for his son’s graduation from Northwestern, that his son lived on Davis and Hinman Street where we live and that he had grown up in Glencoe on a street 2 blocks away from where I’d lived for 45 years. Six degrees of separation indeed!

• Lucy55
    edited June 2021
    Options

Ducky 🦆..Hi ! You've made my day coming back ! Of course we want you back !!!! You've definitely been missed !!! So lovely to have a catch up on your family news ...which is continuing to grow !!

Keywestfan ...Hi !!! Loved your story ..it's a small world !!

Hugs to all

• m0mmyof3
    edited June 2021
    Options

WB Ducky!

Well it turns out the pain I was having in my right leg wasn’t sciatica after all. More like tendonitis. Took two weeks for the pain to go away. Between the Icy Hot, a cane my Mom had left here, Tylenol and numerous bouts of stretching it finally has disappeared.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hey Ducky....so happy to see you here!....do drop in more often....I don't post much anymore...need new glasses....from the "Jersey girl" born across the bridge from Philly.....

DI....FROM THE BURBS of Seattle

• Lucy55
    edited June 2021
    Options

Mommy ...glad you are feeling better

Di ...great to see you here !!!!