Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

CRAZY TOWN WAITING ROOM - TESTS coming up? All Stages Welcome.

Options

Comments

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    edited July 2015
    Options

Poppy, I have this silver 2002 v w beetle. it is the sport model. it has turbo,it's a really fun car! it has 69,000 miles. leather interior, but the drivers seat is pretty messed up, where I dragged my big butt in and out of it! 5 speed manual transmission. Want to buy for the boys? Cheap!

• suladog
    suladog Member Posts: 837
    edited July 2015
    Options

playing hooky from work..gone to county fair!!!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited July 2015
    Options

Tomboy, how about I take some really cool pictures of you racing up and down my street?? haha I'll even talk my nephew out of the ticket you'll probably get.

Oddly, some memories from long ago really stick in my brain. It's the last 12 years of memories I struggle with....I think it was all the pain meds given to me.

Poppy, that feeling isn't crazy at all. If so, count me in on that crazy train. I had flesh eating bacteria 12-years ago, I prayed for the same thing. I just wanted to raise my children. Ten years later, I'm diagnosed with this beast. You can imagine the thoughts in my head. My kids are raised....now it's time. How can I complain?? But now I want to see my grandchildren!!! hahaha

The hardest part of this disease for me is watching young moms get diagnosed. That, and watching people go through this with no one to help them. Those thoughts haunt me at night. You must believe in your heart that you will be around to raise those beautiful boys. Anything other than that is unacceptable. Put that in your head and repeat it EVERY day.

Suladog!!!! Good for you. I hope you have a great time at the county fair. We would love to see pictures!!! Eat one of those frozen bananas for me.

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited July 2015
    Options

Poppy,

God knows what your are going to pray for, before you even pray!

let it go....................

• kathy7
    edited July 2015
    Options

Suda,

I love your dog. My husband wants to get a dog, a jack Russell terrier.

But all I can think is their life span is big and I don't think I can't make the commitment.

My cow dog I had for 12 years; an incredibly driven animal; he followed my car to the grocery store once a mile away. Last November he brought me his ragged ass Frisbee. He used them so vigorously, they were always torn and would cut his mouth. , I threw it for him and he brought it back and looked a little stressed, laid down and died about ten minutes later. He played with a drive and fervor until the end. I hope I follow his paws!

• kathy7
    edited July 2015
    Options

Damn, Ducky's in the cockpit again!

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited July 2015
    Options

Poppy and Slow ...hmm. . well thankfully our kids never grow up.. They are our "babies " for ever.. So there are many, many happy years left. 😃

Suladog... Naughty girl wagging work .!!! Have fun at the fair :-)

Kathy.. HaHa.. Your cow dog certainly was dertermined!! He must of been making sure you bought him a treat at the shops.!! Sounds like he really enjoyed life to the end.. a happy thought for you...

• suladog
    edited July 2015
    Options

here's a picture of my first husky Sula. I got her after finishing chemo back in 90. Prior to chemo I had asthma and allergies, afterward allergy asthma free. Because of my new immune system, I got my first dogimage

• Jackbirdie
    Jackbirdie Member Posts: 1,617
    edited July 2015
    Options

Suladog- Priceless, happy picture. Brought tears to my eyes.

Have to share now....here's my personal therapy dog, Jack. Part Jack Russell, part Fox Terrier. A pistol, but smart and loyal like no dog I've shared my life with before. He is a Furry Friend official therapy dog... And loves his job. But he's been my personal therapy dog for 5 years. In the last 8 months since dx he's been extraordinary.

imageK

• Lucy55
    edited July 2015
    Options

Suladog..What a great pic.. Sula is beautiful.! Wow.. That was great that the chemo stopped your asthma and allergies.. Goes to show it really is an ill wind that doesn't blow some good.!

• Lucy55
    edited July 2015
    Options

Jackbirdie.. Lovely photo of you.. And Jack looks very inquisitive and loving.. A great therapy doggie.!! :-)

• Lucy55
    edited July 2015
    Options

O.K.. I want to join in now.. Here's a pic of my two darlings Candy ( the Papillion) and Sooty enjoying a morning at the beach :-)

• kathy7
    edited July 2015
    Options

Suda, Mommy

You know there are many uses for a port. I found when clothes shopping, I could easily hang two to three clothing items, which freed up my hands for rummaging through the jammed thrift store racks! But actually, I nearly drove straight from chemo to the hospital for removal as the lack of breasts made my asympetrical

Suda, the conscious sedation is really wild, a trip you should try. It is much better than the abrupt wake up from total sedation. You don't have any sensation of touch, time. I would love to use it at home....mmmmm?

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi there...can I join? Definitely feeing like I am nearing the city limits. Then I found these guys blocking my way:

• Lucy55
    edited July 2015
    Options

Octigirl.. Welcome.!! That's the best blockade I've ever seen. 😃

• suladog
    edited July 2015
    Options

Octogurl,

You and your crew are very welcome here

• suladog
    edited July 2015
    Options

Kathy,

I might have had conscious sedation when they put it in as I was aware of moaning and going "ow!" Hopefully taking it out will be better

• littleblueflowers
    littleblueflowers Member Posts: 391
    edited July 2015
    Options

Oh dang...are those guys hanging out with us?? I see why you ladies like it here so much! If I can ever get pictures of my oncology team, I'll be sure to post them here. Not that I'm bragging or anything, but my surgeon, my oncologist, my RO and the head oncology nurse are all SMOKIN hot. It does make appointments more pleasant lol.

Suladog, love the pics of your pup! Funny thing, I used to live in a little town named Sula..

• suladog
    edited July 2015
    Options

Lucy,

Love those two little guys! So cute! My bro in law has a papillon, only his wears clothes! He's an attorney ( bro in law not the dog) and he takes him with him to his firm , of course he's the boss so... I wish I could let Patsy run on the beach but the first thing they tell anyone getting a husky is NEVER EvVER let them off leash unless you're in a fenced gated area. Huskies like to run and off leash they will run, and run, and run until they get tired and by that time they may be in the next county, and being extremely friendly dogs, they'll look around and see they're not near home and will go to the first house that opens the door to them and happily be THEIR dog!!

• Tomboy
    edited July 2015
    Options

Gawd I love you guys! Sula is so cula! Awesome that chemo wreaked havoc to your immune system, dog! Ok, since I can't have a dog or cat, can I come visit any of you Cali girls animals? I will take you out to lunch, after! Or espresso!

I met SlowDeepBreathes, sweet and smart little ones she has!

Edited to add: Can I play with one of those nice two legged animals at the blockade? Thanks for bringing them, OctoGrl!

• suladog
    edited July 2015
    Options

Jackbirdie,

Jacks are adorable and I love how devoted he is!!! The only way I'd ever get Patsy to sit like that with me would be if I had steak under my hat!! Those are such smart dogs! We almost thought of getting one after Sula died when we saw a lady walking around town with one perched on her shoulder!!! It's great to have such a sweet little friend. I love seeing everyone's pets

• suladog
    edited July 2015
    Options

Poppy,

Huskies are definitely high energy, they play hard and sleep hard! The must always be kept in a fenced gated yard with high enough fences so they can't jump out... And boy howdy they can jump! Of course then there is digging. Patsy is not a digger but Sula was always sticking her head in a Sula made hole. If you have fancy pants landscaping you may want to be careful of that with a husky. Now as to other animal friends huskies have a strong prey drive and that doesn't mean going to church either, I'm talking the other pray. Most husky books call them cat unfriendly which is a polite euphemism for they may eat your cat or any other small animals around the house (rabbits, hamsters, etc) they are extremely friendly dogs, they are NOT guard dogs and will happily show your valuables to anyone who'll give them a cookie, they may then leave with the burglar if they decide they like them better than you. They can be aloof also and enjoy "me time" which in Patsy case means camping out under our bed for many hours, until she hears the rustle of Saran Wrap or the refrigerator door open then she will come running she can hear this even though our house is three levels she has excellent refrigerator skills.

Here is Patsy on the hide in the family room. She was not originally allowed on the hide so you get the picture

Huskies are stubborn, they generally don't bark instead they vocalize and stamp their paws very much like wolves do. In fact they are the closest breed to wolves... But not wolves nor are they wolf- dogs which are not huskies and can be dangerous.

They are truly delightful smart funny animals but not Labs or Retrievers. They will not run beside your bike ( I wish she would) because as I said earlier they can't be off leash or they will just runrunrunrunrun til they're done. They are also escape artists no matter how much they love you they love an open door more.

I would say if you're looking for a husky check out some websites and get some info on them and see if they suit your lifestyle. They're definitely NOT off the leash come when you call them dogs. If they're right for you you will love them through multiple chases and obj e calls "I've got your dog" . If you adopt a husky only deal with reliable people there are Siberian husky clubs in most states/ cities and they can be helpful. Adopt don't shop. Anything else you may need to know just hit me up and I'll try to answer your question

• Italychick
    Italychick Member Posts: 527
    edited July 2015
    Options

Love getting a call from MO's office saying I need to make an appointment with the MO, she wants to see me. When I asked why, they don't know. So now I have an appointment next week for I don't know what. More scans? Just a routine follow up? If so, I wish they would have told me that. I feel like I've been called into the principal's office

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    edited July 2015
    Options

for Tomboy and all....you are most welcome to play with the blockade crew. Have fun! You know what they say: you can't go around it, have to go through it.....etc., etc, (sorry. not that I am going to apologize or anything.)

The pics make me miss the days when I had three cats and two dogs.....

• suladog
    edited July 2015
    Options

Italychick,

I'd press them a bit, ok I'd just go full on bitch to them until they told me or she told me why I needed to come in. Not fair to scare/confuse us like that

• Italychick
    Italychick Member Posts: 527
    edited July 2015
    Options

there is probably a book of guidelines somewhere saying time for a patient appointment or something. But I am happy in my own world, recovering, and I really don't need to take off work, sit in a waiting room, just so somebody can check a box on a worksheet. Which is what I suspect it is. Such a pain

• suladog
    edited July 2015
    Options

baby animals from the county fair for a moment away from CrazyTown this baby goat is named Fire Jack he was born on July 4th, the boy is a Future Farmer of America who is raising him

And.... Baby lambs with mama

And..... Now back to our usual crazy programming . I have more pictures if anyone's interested, I just don't want to jack this thread with livestock photos

• Tomboy
    edited July 2015
    Options

Fire Jack is so cute! How trusting he is of the boy.

• Jackbirdie
    Jackbirdie Member Posts: 1,617
    edited July 2015
    Options

I could almost smell that lovely barn smell when I looked at the pictures, Suladog. I just love that mixture of hay, manure, animal sweat and leather. And Fire Jack melted my heart! So glad you got out and enjoyed this

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi Crazies-

Love all the dog pics!! What fine looking animals you all have. I can see you've all been busy!!

octogirl, Welcome to this thread! Of course you can join! The more the merrier. I see you brought some body guards with you.

Lucy, the sand on your beach looks so perfect and compact. Are all the beaches that way in Australia?

Suladog, I see Patsy has become the master of the house!! hahaha Thanks for sharing the barn animal pics!! It's almost like being there...but not. Love, love the pictures of the babies!!

Italychick, I don't have the same patience as you. I wouldn't go in unless they told me why they wanted to see me. I'm sure I have non-compliant written all over my chart. I get all of my test results either through email or phone. Unless they have a good reason to scan me or stick me with a needle, I'm staying home.

I've been busy getting my house in order for guests. My DH hired a cleaning service for the house, so I don't overdo. If I wasn't already married to that man, I'd marry him again!! I guess he knows me all too well. I'd probably end up in traction next week without the help!! haha

Hope you're all having a pain free Friday. I'm sooooo glad it's Friday!!!!