Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Cats, cats, cats

Options

Comments

• petite1
    petite1 Member Posts: 2,181
    edited April 2023
    Options

cardplayer, I think they could be brothers

• petite1
    Options

I thought if I posted something, someone else would, so we can get our cat lovers back. I love the pictures.

• cardplayer
    cardplayer Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

I’m back petite. Hope you and Midnight Louie are doing well.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,168
    Options

I’m back too, I hope😻😻

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 882
    Options

I thought I would share a picture of my feral cat who decided to stay after she was done nursing her baby. Sunday for the first time in almost 3 years she chose to hang out with us in the family room. We still can't pet her but we are making progress.

• janiehs
    janiehs Member Posts: 36
    Options

Brutersmom, Several years ago, I was sitting in my living room and heard the weirdest noise at our front door. When i opened it, there was a black cat sitting there with what I originally thought was a bloody dead mouse in his mouth. Only it wasn’t a mouse, it was half his neck that had been ripped apart in a fight I guess. I couldn’t get near him, but it was cold and rainy, so I put together a box lined with towels and put out food and water for him. I honestly didn’t think he would survive the night, but for the next several weeks, he showed up every night to be fed and sleep in the box, but would take off if i so much as opened the door. Then he disappeared and I assumed that whatever had injured him the first time must have gotten him. Six months later, I’m sitting on my back deck and he comes over the fence. He looked great - well fed, shiny coat. He walked up on to the deck, sat and looked at me for about 5 minutes, then slowly walked back down the steps and disappeared. I never saw him again, but I like to think he came back to thank me and let me know he was ok. They may be feral, but they know who their friends are.

• suncris
    suncris Member Posts: 5
    Options

Bohdi is my three-year-old tabby and his brother Nickel is a five-year-old grey and white tuxedo cat. They love drinking from the sinks and playing in water. Their expressions and poses remind me of a fashion ad in Vogue.

• petite1
    Options

Love the pictures!

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,108
    Options

Love the pictures. Had to euthanize my 12 year old Calico due to IBD/lymphoma that would not respond to conservative treatment. I miss her everyday even though I have 2 other cats. She was spunky, sassy, a butterball and ornery with this beautiful face and large green eyes that got her forgiveness more times than I want to count. She became DH's cats in her later years and he jokingly thanked me for getting him a cat since he was not particularly fond of them but tolerant of my passion.

The other 2 are a male who came as an abused rescue who literally adopted me when I went to the rescue. According to them he had never sought attention from other potential adopters. He's also 12 and has to sleep touching me. Most visitors have never seen him because he is still somewhat of a spook staying mostly in the primary bedroom.

The second is a female my daughter rescued from the street as a 3 lb. kitten. She is a tabby with tawny colored paws and a disposition that is pure devilment especially against the other 2 cats. I recently had to replace 4 Hummels that she took issue with and pushed off the shelf. They had sentimental value so I was able to find reasonably priced replacements on ebay and was appreciative of that. She just likes to push items off the kitchen island, the etagere, dressers, etc. Annoying but she is so darn cute, it's hard to stay mad at her.

I also have a resident rescue dog who has had to adjust to the tabby who loves to hide and attack her. They kiss one another and then sometimes the war resumes until one calls it quits. They make life so enjoyable and are so entertaining. Would never willingly not have a cat.

• cardplayer
    Options

Sorry for your loss Betrayal.

• brutersmom
    Options

Betrayal, sorry for your loss. Lossing our furry children is hard.

• petite1
    Options

Betrayal, I understand. I miss my little Felix so much.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,865
    Options

Some cats leave a spot in your heart. My heart kitties were Mocca and Squeakers. I miss them both.

• betrayal
    Options

Yes, they do leave a spot in your heart and it is nice when others understand your feelings. We just received her ashes so we do have some of her here. I still find myself looking for her on the love seat in the living room on her favorite blanket. That will eventually pass, I know. Gone but not forgotten.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    Options

Sincere condolences Betrayal. We do understand very well.

• betrayal
    Options

Here's the youngest of my cats, Tawny. DD bought a new purse and removed the paper stuffing on my kitchen island. Tawny decided to make a nest of it and laid there for most of the evening. Smudge and Tawny could either be BFF's or battling like mortal enemies. I am sure she misses Smudge but seems to have adopted so me of her traits now. Hope these make you smile.

• petite1
    Options

Betrayal, It does make me smile.😊

• cardplayer
    Options

Cute pictures of Tawny, Betrayal.

• betrayal
    Options

I have been mulling over getting a new friend for Tawny since Leo and she are not BFF's and he is a recluse. She misses the daily squabble she had with Smudge and if cats do mourn and grieve, she is the poster cat for it. I find her in spots that were normally Smudge's by virtue of her being the self-appointed queen of the household.

I have been scouring through local rescues looking for a calico and did find a few for consideration. One rescue had a calico and a gray tabby that I wanted to see and they were available. I firmly believe that cats choose us and not vice versa.

So the calico rejected all advances I made and I am not sure if it was due to recovering from a recent spay or just personality. Meanwhile the gray tabby is not a DSH by any means and has tufted ears, tufted toes and spiky long fur elsewhere. She was very friendly and within 10 minutes was pawing my pant legs (Smudge used to do this) and I got a hand lick plus she anointed my purse with her scent. So we now have a new playmate for Tawny once we can do polite introductions without drama.

I decided that I could never replace Smudge by getting another calico so she will be my one and only with lots of fond memories. The new member of the household is named Whispers. She is just over a year old and weighs in at a hefty 4.8 lb. She is tiny and dainty unlike Smudge who was my bowling ball. I am hoping she can adjust and fit in well with the rest of the critters here.

• cardplayer
    Options

Whispers is a cutie Betrayal. I hope she and Tawny get to get companions soon.

• brutersmom
    Options

I love my cats. Lately they are demanding to go in the basement. Last night the must have brought a mouse upstairs. It was laying dead on the living room carpet this morning and all my cats seem to want to do today is sleep. They don't even lift their heads when I pet them. Even my mischievous one is leaving me alone.

• petite1
    Options

Whispers is a pretty kitty. I am on the look for a companion for Midnight Louie.

• brutersmom
    Options

I was trying to type on my phone today and I had some help. Rocky like to watch what I do on the phone.

• ms meow
    ms meow Member Posts: 6
    Options

oji napping in his favorite spot.

• petite1
    Options
  • cardplayer
    Options

Bart and Lisa exercising. Love the kitty pics.

• betrayal
    Options

Pretty kitties. The tabby looks like my Tawny. Love black cats, gray ones, orange ones, oh well let's face it I love all cats! That's why I have 3. Went from having 1, to 2 so they had companionship and then 3 when DD dragged home a found kitten who seemed to have lost her mother and sibling. Lost one recently and the hole had to be filled because it felt strange. So candidate for crazy cat lady? Probably

• brutersmom
    edited June 2023
    Options

Petite1 and Cardplayer I love black cats. Those eyes always get me. I have a 20 lb. Black cat named Zorro. He is so gentle and likes to cuddle when he is in t b e mood.

• betrayal
    Options

He's gorgeous.

• petite1
    Options

He is a handsome fellow.