Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Cats, cats, cats

Options

Comments

• petite1
    petite1 Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

Brutersmom, Beautiful pictures.

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 886
    Options

I am hoping this works. Zorro has a strange way of eating. I can't upload the video but I think you can see it on FB even if you don't have an account.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0C48nrDMH79CBNmSpeSZEGCxKNuVZRuB4P2DRsCmw6oVXJqmWRiFkmVXq1Dpz2pm3l&id=777902860&mibextid=Nif5oz

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,872
    Options

Zorro might prefer eating from a flat plate. I have had cats who ate like this and one (also black) who put her paw into the bag and ate one kibble at a time from her paw. Except for being messy, it's pretty normal. A plastic place mat is easier to clean than the floor.

Beautiful cat.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,140
    Options

The whiskers in some cats are super sensitive and they experience difficulty in eating when you use bowls with sides that touch their whiskers. The flat plate wren44 recommended is usually the solution. I found a small plastic mat at Ikea that works well under my one cat's bowls.

• brutersmom
    Options

Thanks Betrayal and Wren44. I did not know that about whiskers. Zorro is a big but gentle cat. I he is much taller then all my other cats. His whiskers definitely are wider then the bowl. The interesting thing is he is very neat. Right before I took the video he shot a piece of food across the floor. He looked around then he went and got it. I just thought it was a characteristic from living in the wild. Mama does that a lot even with treats that are not in the bowl. Mama and Zorro do the same thing with food, I occasionally give them that is not in the bowl. They will pick it up, check it out, lay it down then eat it. My old boy is the messy one. He picks and chooses the shapes he want to eat and leave the one he doesn't want lay on the floor. The tile floor is easy to clean but a mat would be even easier

• brutersmom
    Options

Betrayal and Wren44 I went out today and it took walking though several stores until I found an large food bowl that is wider and shallow. My two cats that scope out their food have checked it out and they are scared of it. 😆😅 Mama and Zorro are such goofs. They will eat from it when they get hungry enough. They like food to much.

• petite1
    Options

Midnight Louie surveying his domain

• brutersmom
    edited July 2023
    Options

Love it. How does Louie get up there?

This is what we did for our kitties so they could monitor their domaine

• petite1
    Options

Love it!😍

• betrayal
    Options

Me, too. I just have ones that can leap long distances.

• brutersmom
    Options

We built our ramp after one of the my daughters cats tried to jump off the second floor leg to the top of the TV stand and missed.

• petite1
    Options

Louie is not sure how to fold down the corner.

• betrayal
    Options

That is so cute and he is trying to be so helpful. Bed making with a cat helper is always guaranteed to be a fun challenge.

• betrayal
    Options

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    Options

My girls are still being good and getting along with their doggie brother. Since this spring Grace has taken to sleeping on my pillow either above my head or right next to me. Princess is still a free spirit that roams the house at night.

• petite1
    Options

Good to hear from you m0mmyof3. Midnight Louie sleeps on my legs.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Sometimes Princess decides to use my hip as a pillow lol

• brutersmom
    Options

Zorro loves to sleep where I put my feet. Every now and then he will work his way under the sheet and sleep in the curve of my back.

• cardplayer
    cardplayer Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

Bart and Lisa love sometimes lay on my legs and feet. They still snuggle together wherever they sleep on the bed.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    Options

from the countertop to the cabinet

• brutersmom
    Options

Spooking mom. Your cat reminds me of my daughter's cat Fe. In his younger days he did that stuff all the time

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Grace’s meow has becomea bit peculiar over the last year. Every time she meows it sounds like she’s saying “Mom” or “Dad”. It’s really cute

• spookiesmom
    Options

He’s really pretty good doesn’t knock stuff off, walks right past uncovered butter dish. Puts up with Spookies ‘tude. Just wish he’d let me sleep past 6. He’s 2 yo.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Cute!

• betrayal
    Options

Love that.

• betrayal
    Options

BTW, he has you well trained if you give in at 6 AM! LOL, he is the master!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,872
    Options

I knew someone who got an automatic feeder and set the times for 4M and 4PM. Then she could sleep later and the cat wasn't anxious to eat the minute she got home from work.

• betrayal
    Options

Look what I found in my box of Friskies cat food today. Seems the box was a few cans short….

• spookiesmom
    Options

The problem with an auto feeder would be Spookie. He has kibble available all time, on the top of a cat tree. Doesn’t want it, wants the wet. Spookie gets a treat with her breakfast, he sits there and begs for one too.

• spookiesmom
    Options

these are the treats they get. Comes in different flavors. I get from Amazon but can get in pet store.