Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Cats, cats, cats

Options

Comments

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,140
    Options

Not a cat but my dog using the smallest of our cat bed collection. This is the one none of the cats have liked but she thinks it is great.

• betrayal
    Options

Thought this what our cats think are their house rules.

Would add, "If you don't like cats I am most likely to want to sit on your lap, so relax and enjoy it".

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    Options

Love it😻😻😻

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    Options

Goes for my girls and their doggy “brother”

Feeling so bad for my Grace. She’s got a cold. Think she might have caught it from her daddy and I who were dealing with colds recently. She likes to sleep on my pillow near me.

• petite1
    petite1 Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

Midnight Louie wants this moth.

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 886
    Options

m0mmyof3. I hope your cat is ok. We have a nasty cat cold virus going around our area. We have been advised not to take in outdoor cats. If we do they need to be quarantined. Our ARL was unable to accept or allow adoption of cats. I think it has finally slowed down but is is still out there. Keep anneye out yournkity

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    Options

She’s been sleeping a lot but seems to be getting a bit better. Not sneezing as much as she was the last couple of days. At least she is still eating and drinking. Mommy has been cuddling her off and on today.

• spookiesmom
    Options

dust on the paw

• petite1
    Options

nice picture

• spookiesmom
    Options

one of these days I wanna get a picture of him behind the curtain with the sunlight like that doing the Halloween cat thing

• betrayal
    Options

Bought a new rug which I laid on the dog crate to get a good look at it. Look what I found doing the final check.

She ahs scented every inch it by rolling from one end to the other. Good Cat Seal of Approval.

• brutersmom
    edited August 2023
    Options

Please don't yell at me. I have 4 cats. Last week while I was on vacation my husband brought a new addition home. This boy is 13 years old. He is very gentle and sweet, and I suspect he is deaf and has limited vision. He came back to us after his Mama got sick. She most likely is not coming home. The first time he came here, was when we rescued him from his previous his owners were moving and planned to throw him out in the street. Here is the fun part. I have one cat who is a she devil. She will torment the day lights out of me or the other cats in the house until they chase her and this dog. She loves it. Now here is an even funnier senerio. I have a black cat named Zorro. The dogs names is Diego. Please do not suggest that I get another pet and name it Tonto. My house is crazy enough.

• brutersmom
    Options

Here is here picture. I can't seem to upload it.

• betrayal
    Options

OMG he is really cute and so lucky you were willing to take him in. Senior animals don't fare well in shelters. I have 3 cats (including the new arrival seen above on the rug), the oldest cat is 12, the next is 5 and the new one is about 18 months. So right now we have a cat on each floor of the house.

There is also a pure bred Dalmatian in this mix and she was a rescue at age 2 who just turned 3. She gets along well with the cats. I have a bonded pair of parakeets who decided during covid to produce offspring but the 2 boys born in 2021 have since died. The daughter is doing well but driving the parents crazy. She misses her brothers. I also have one more parakeet in a separate cage. It was not a good mix to try to cage them altogether.

My DD and DSIL are staying with us while their home is repaired from an electrical short in their heater/AC unit. They have a very large, older dog, a rabbit, a guinea pig and a Syrian hamster. So we have a resemblance to an animal shelter at present.

The more the merrier when it comes to critters so no criticism from me.

• petite1
    Options

Rescued family members are great. Of course my cats rescued me. Only one cat, now, but looking for another.

• spookiesmom
    Options
  • brutersmom
    Options

Spookiesmom. Definitely cats own the house. I think they also own there owners. Today we had or first cat and dog fight. Cat was the instigator. Then we had a cat fight. Been interesting. The dog better submit. It is a losing battle with the cats.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,874
    Options

We had a cat who was being a bully to the other cat. Then we took in a tiny little older foster kitty. She looked really fragile. We didn't see the fight but the bully started backing down the hallway if the older kitty was at the end. We're pretty sure elder kitty won and taught the bully a lesson.

• petite1
    Options

Midnight Louie and I survived hurricane Idalia. We did open our home to friends that had to evacuate. There was a dog and another cat that came. Louie tolerated the dog, but was terrified by the cat, who terrified by everything. The evacuated cat stayed under one of the beds. When everyone returned to their homes, Louie had to do a through search in every closet and cabinet he could open to be sure they had gone. He is fine now that he is king of the house once again.

• spookiesmom
    Options

I’m in the B evacuation zone, and did not leave. There are pet friendly shelters but I just can’t take them. You must put them in a room, and you can’t stay with them. So you can put a leash on dog, go for a potty. What do you do with a cat? Doubt you can take litter box. 😂😂. And if I had to sleep on the floor, I’d never get back up.

Glad Louie is happy again.

• brutersmom
    edited September 2023
    Options

Spookiesmom For this person who lives on top af a high mountain (about 5 miles high) in PA, who is more likely to get hit by lightening then a flood, what is a B evacuation zone?

• petite1
    Options

brutersmom, The zones are based on how likely the area is to flood. A zone is usually next to the water, B is farther away.

• petite1
    Options

brutersmom, The zones are based on how likely the area is to flood. A zone is usually next to the water, B is farther away.

• brutersmom
    Options

Ahh ok. We use FEMA designations around here. B was not one of them but some states and areas do use a different system. Most of my area is X creeks and rivers can be A followed by a leter.

• spookiesmom
    Options

A zone is mandatory evacuation. B zone you really probably should go. Mobile homes are mandatory evacuation no matter where.

The tall palms at the far end of pic is where the Gulf is located from in front of my house.

• petite1
    Options

I am in C and can not see the Gulf. It is miles away.

• brutersmom
    Options

My house is a becoming a foster home for animals. My husband agreed to bring a cat here for 10 days. He is an Indoor out door cat. We have him separated from the other cats in the upstairs bathroom. His name is buddy and he has been letting us know how unhappy he is with this plan. Today he is kinda hoarse. I hope we are done for a while.

• petite1
    Options

The best cats I have had are the ones that found me.

• betrayal
    Options

I am in total agreement with that comment, petite1. All of my cats have been rescues that found me either on my doorstep or at a shelter. Plus any cat that entered my house never really left until they crossed the rainbow bridge, even then they came back to me in small ash boxes.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,874
    Options

The beauty of fostering is getting the cream of the crop. We fostered for 20 years and only had 2 foster fails. Both wonderful cats. The last one loved mentoring younger cats and was very good at it.