Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Cats, cats, cats

Options

Comments

• petite1
    petite1 Member Posts: 2,184
    Options
  • cardplayer
    cardplayer Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

Awe. So cute.

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 886
    Options

Petite1. I love black cats. Here is my guy 20+ pounds of cuddles

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,874
    Options

Black cats are the best. I've had several and fostered more. We fostered some identical black bottle baby kittens and had to put ribbons on them to know who had been fed and who was still waiting.

• janiehs
    janiehs Member Posts: 36
    Options

Wrenn - I used to foster also and had to put some kind of collar on all my bottle babies even if they weren’t all the same color! The late/ middle of the night feedings were the worst - I was always half asleep and could never keep straight who I had fed and who still needed it. And of course the kittens all insisted they were starving even if they were the one I had just fed! I actually printed off a spreadsheet a couple of times and would put a check mark next to each color as i fed them. And that was years ago when I still had brain cells.

• cardplayer
    Options

Bart fell asleep cleaning (or biting) sister Lisa. Bart is a 13.5 pounds compared to Lisa 9.5.

• petite1
    Options

Midnight Louie is 10 pounds.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,140
    Options

This is Misty perched on the top of my parakeet cage. It is a large cage positioned on top of a small table and covered with towels on the top, back and side to keep them from spitting seeds all over. She insists this is her perch and leaps from the kitchen table to the top which is over 4 feet from the floor. TG she only weighs about 6 lb. Cannot convince her this is not her perch.

TG she is so cute. Look at her ear whisps and the length of her whiskers. Loves to be combed and goes through all sorts of gyrations when I am grooming her.

• cardplayer
    Options

Misty is adorable.

Lisa was scheduled for her annual vet visit today. Both DH and I tried to get her in the cat carrier but had no success. We have two cat carriers - a soft sided on and cardboard one we got from the SPCA. I tried to capture her in a towel, treats to coax her into either box. Nothing worked. Bart however, walked right into the soft sided carrier. We zipped it up and took him to the vet instead. We’ll take her next week, when Bart had his scheduled appointment. Vet gave us some gabapentin to help calm her down (to be taken before her visit). And suggested we leave the cat carriers out so she’s use to seeing them. Maybe toss some treats inside them. In all the years (45+) we’ve owned cats, have never had this problem.

• wren44
    Options

Misty is adorable. At least if the cage is covered and she's on top, it doesn't sound dangerous for the bird.

• betrayal
    Options

Wren44: Danger is not to birds but fear that she will topple cage and release birds. They really do not get to fly around house, so when they get out the chase is on and they fly into things so I am concerned about injury.

• petite1
    Options

Misty is so cute.

Midnight Louie hates the cat carrier. I have to shove him in.

• cardplayer
    Options

Bart looking cute.

• betrayal
    Options

What is it about bathroom sinks that cats love? Misty sleeps in ours at night since she is still confined to the powder room overnight. She has a bed in the room but totally ignores it. Bart does look so cute! His eyes are mesmerizing.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    Options

When doofus was due for his annual visit I borrowed DDs carrier a week before. Put a towel with her cat’s scent on it and left it where it could be investigated then ignored. Day of, I put it on the countertop, caught him, shoved him in. Pic of him trying to get a lizzard

• brutersmom
    Options

Cardplayer Bart is adorable. Spookiemom your fur baby looks like he is on a mission

• brutersmom
    Options

Marbles didn't agree with my plan to wash the sheets.

• mkestrel
    mkestrel Member Posts: 148
    Options

You will stop whatever unimportant human activity you're doing and pet the Cat. This is also the last thing a gopher sees. What a great hunter Miss Cat Tiger.

• cardplayer
    Options

Cute cats pics. I’ve got one on my lap keeping me warm today.

• petite1
    Options

I love cat pictures! Midnight Louie loves to hunt lizards.

• wren44
    Options

My cats used to do that when we lived in Houston. The lizards can break their tail off and grow a new one. The cats were not very successful but we found a tail every once in a while.

• cardplayer
    Options

We had to delay her vet visit because we couldn’t get her into the carrier. Now Lisa likes to play in the carrier. She turned it the side playing with a toy mouse and a leash.

• petite1
    Options

So cute.

• brutersmom
    Options

Last night my daughter was over. My one cat always insist he must have a taste when he is done. We gave him both bowls. He got confused and didn't know what to do.

• betrayal
    Options

How cute. Did he finally decide which one was first? He's handsome, what's his name?

• brutersmom
    Options

Betrayl. Nope he walked away from both. His name is Rocky Road. I found him about two years ago while doing inspections for a bank. He climb in my car. The neighbors said he was dumped. I had him scanned. He apparently has had several owners, hence the name Rocky Road and I like ice cream. The previous owners never claimed him. He was very angry and frightened when I brought him home. I had him treated for fleas and parasites at a rescue. Because he was estimated to be about 12 at the time they wouldn't take him. The vet said he was in good health, so I kept him. I had 3 cats, that were under 3, when he moved in. That has made things interesting. He is a good guy still has his moments.

• betrayal
    Options

Love the name because it seems to describe his lot in life. My one cat was dumped twice before I claimed him and he is a spook in that you are more likely to see his backside than any other part of his body. People always ask where is my 3rd cat for that reason.

When I went to the rescue he was hiding in a very large console and had to be extracted for me to meet him. They sat me in another room with him and I just waited until he decided to check me out. We probably spent an hour in that meet and greet before he climbed on my lap and that was it. Now, he is my velcro cat who sleeps with me every night and guards my bedroom during the day. He has yet to venture to the first floor ro meet our relatively new dog (September 2022) and cat (June 2023). He has his own litter box and we laugh he gets "room service" for food delivery. Thanks for the response.

• cardplayer
    edited June 2023
    Options

Brutersmom - glad Rocky Road found you.

Betrayal - I love how you spoil your pets.

• brutersmom
    Options

Betrayl. My cats are all spoiled. When I clean the litter boxes they all line up for treats. My most amusing cat is Swirls AKA Mama. I trapped her and her baby in the yard. There were more babies but I think hawks or owls may have gotten them. I got her spayed and kept her inside because she was still nursing her baby. She liked it so much she stayed. She has had opportunity to leave but choose not to. It will be 3 year on the 6th of July. She is about 4.5 years old. We cannot pet her or touch her but she will follow us around the house, get up on the table and check out what we are eating and Sit and stare at us. I just hope she never gets sick.

• betrayal
    Options

brutersmom: She is the spitting image of my middle cat, Tawny, who my DD brought home after her BIL threatened to kill it. It was a stray kitten who had been hanging around his house (her mom and other kitten disappeared) licking grease from grill off his deck and he did not want it near his children. She was very young and only weighed 3 lb when DD took her to a vet. We were on vacation while this was unfolding and she ended up residing in our powder room. DD said she was looking for a "home" but not too hard from my perspective. She ended up staying here although I already had 2 other cats that were older and were not fond of her hijinks. She just turned 5 and has not been very nice to the new cat though we are working on it. They can be in the same room and feed on opposite ends of the island but the diva spits and hisses at Misty if she gets too close.

Love the reflection of her in your ipad.