Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

CALLING ALL ARTISTS- Lets make an art gallery!

Options

Comments

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,937
    edited May 2016
    Options

i would have scratched it off before it dried! Or melted it off with a hot flash LOL But on you it lookex great!

Another small talent - food. Dandelion jelly....

Tastes like honey

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited May 2016
    Options

Wow had not ever even HEARD of dandelion jelly! I always say BC.org is so educational. Totally agree that those who lovingly hand make food are talented creatives. So often you hear people say "I am not creative" by which they mean "I am not artistic". Everybody is creative. Writing a computer programme is creativity. Love the colour of that dandelion jelly - beautiful photo of it in those cut glass jars.

• moonflwr912
    edited May 2016
    Options

And, from my picture, I can see why that one jar did not seal, LOL! Lid is crooked! But thats ok. It means I can let everyone around me taste it. They've never had it either. LOL

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited May 2016
    Options

I grew this, and took the picture

• moonflwr912
    edited May 2016
    Options

magdelinr, so pretty!

• OncoWarrior
    OncoWarrior Member Posts: 3,326
    edited May 2016
    Options

mags, WOW!

moonflower, we used to make dandelion wine, but never heard of the jelly.

Would you post the recipe please?

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,757
    edited May 2016
    Options

Beautiful Mags. Hope you are doing better.

Love,

Nancy

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354
    edited May 2016
    Options

imagei

• moonflwr912
    edited May 2016
    Options

Paw, that's lovely.

I used the recipe on the pectin packet that was meant for mint jelly to get the right proportions. Most of the recopes on the web made too much and required 4 cups of petals. It took me over 2 hours to pick the petals from the dandelion heads, and i got 2 cups! LOL then i strained the iinfusion of petals after adding on 4 cups of boiling water I soaked them overnight. Then added sugar and followed the directions on the pouch.. I got 8 half pints.

• feelingfeline
    edited May 2016
    Options

Denim Jacket. Recent Embroidery Project. Have hopes of continuing to do some more to it.

• moonflwr912
    edited May 2016
    Options

feelingfeline, love the embroidery!

• feelingfeline
    edited May 2016
    Options

Nerdy

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354
    edited May 2016
    Options

Joanne JO-5

I used a rebar rod about 5 foot tall and staggered each pot. The terra cotta pots already have a drainage hole and fit right over the rebar pipe. It was really fun to make. :

• OncoWarrior
    edited May 2016
    Options

Here is what I did with a fat quarter bundle. The fabric was designed by our b.c. sister, Melanie Testa. This fabric line is called Meadowlark. So I call this the Meadowlark Skirt. Completely hand sewn. Every stitch is a prayer for all b.c. sisters. I'll try to put several pictures here.

Heart

Front view.

Back view.

Closeup of some stitching.

Another close-up.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,880
    edited May 2016
    Options

Onco, That is amazing! Very attractive plus all the hand stitching. I am so impressed. I cannot sew a straight line to save myself. Those prayers will be answered.

• Smurfette26
    Smurfette26 Member Posts: 269
    edited May 2016
    Options

Just gorgeous OncoWarrior. ThumbsUp

• feelingfeline
    edited May 2016
    Options

That is beautiful Onco - Congratulations! Love the meadowlark fabric too.

• OncoWarrior
    edited May 2016
    Options

You can see a nice display of the Meadowlark collection here on this page:

http://melanietesta.com/fabric-line/

• mike3121
    mike3121 Member Posts: 280
    edited June 2016
    Options

Link to my art. I love to draw as it relaxes me.

http://www.artwanted.com/artist.cfm?ArtID=83018

My wife's BC history. My wife refuses to use the internet, well except for Amazon and Ebay.

My wife, back in Dec of 2012 was diagnosed with Stage 4 ER+ PR+ HER2-breast cancer. One node and a small spot on the spine. After 3 infusions of AC she was clean except for the 6 cm tumor in her breast. The oncologist said since the cancer was responding well to estrogen blocker (aromasin) it was best to leave it be. Ops forgot to mention in the midst of all this cancer stuff she had to have removed a grapefruit sized and very painful non-cancerous ovarian cyst.

A little over a year later, Nov 2014, the cancer morphed and went crazy (grade 3). She had a radical mastectomy and breast removal. A biopsy showed it to be ER+ and the oncologist prescribed tamoxifen. 19 lymph nodes were removed and 9 of the 19 had triple negative Metaplastic keratinized squamous carcinoma. A PET scan done after the surgery showed some cancer still in her armpit, probably spill over from the nodes. She has two cancers, one ER+ PR+ HER2- and another triple negative. She went back on A-C (lifetime amount), no Taxol as she almost died from it earlier. Almost died from NeuLasta too. Also 7 weeks of radiation.

After all that she had to have major surgery to remove a tumor from her kidney. Eighty five percent were cancerous but hers was benign. Happy dance, she's NED and back on tamoxifen.Right now she is under intense screaming pain from sciatica down her right leg.

Prayers and fingers crossed.

• feelingfeline
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi Mike.

Love your art! Especially love the birds.

Was thinking the Chinese characters looked like they might be from the opera Turandot and then I saw they were from Chinese opera!

Sorry to hear about your wife's pain, and the tamoxifen certainly doesn't help on top of the sciatica - tamoxifen encourages knotted up muscles as a side effect! But such good news about NED.

Long life and happinesss to you both. Susanna

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934
    edited June 2016
    Options

Made this cross on a whim....had an oddly painted cross that I found at a garage sale and spruced it up with the stones and tiles. I really love this!

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934
    edited June 2016
    Options

imageimage

These are more on the fun-crafty side :) These are for my 6 year old who is a Daisy Scout, they are called SWAPS. They take these to camp and exchange them with other campers. I have yet to attach the safety pins on all of them, but we are making about a hundred of them :)

• feelingfeline
    edited June 2016
    Options

ThumbsUp

• OncoWarrior
    edited June 2016
    Options

A little bragging here: A very large, beautifully matted and framed photo of my collage is on display in the approach hallway to the Vince Lombardi Cancer treatment center at St. Luke's Hospital.

Nerdy now I'm famous!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,880
    edited June 2016
    Options

Onco, What great news!

• feelingfeline
    edited June 2016
    Options

ThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpSmile

• revnet
    revnet Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2016
    Options

I drew this shortly after my diagnosis. I call it 'Rampant Cell Division'

• moonflwr912
    edited June 2016
    Options

that's awesome revnet!

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited June 2016
    Options

Revnet: Captivating piece.

I love to journal and occasionally add visuals but have been in a slow creative phase (camera is my medium) then I saw an earlier post about artists books and that led me to buy Gwen Diehn's book The Complete Decorated Journal. I've now bought water colors and a watercolor notebook and immersing myself in journaling. It is both freeing and focusing me on expressing feeling of sadness as well as hopefulness after the death of my best canine companion. Thanks to all you artists for sharing your work and providing inspiration.

• OncoWarrior
    edited June 2016
    Options

Putting in a good word about art therapy here:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-truth-abo...

Nerdy