Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thinning Hair -

Options

Comments

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    Options

re the I Restore, - can you color your hair? I use a semi-permanent color every 6 weeks or so.

Lisey, - do you see more hair or is it that your hair amount remained the same with stronger, better strands?

Thanks !

• CaliKelly
    CaliKelly Member Posts: 198
    Options

AnotherNYCG, I'm 99% sure it doesn't matter if you color your hair, otherwise it wouldn't be so popular since so many people do. My friend who got the laser treatments at a hair restoration clinic -total bleached blonde! Btw, she paid almost 400 $$ for series of treatments, spent 1000s by the time she decided to buy Irestore. Lots of people's new hairs come in darker. My hair after chemo came back my natural strawberry blonde, but thin wispy baby hair. With the laser, I got more hairs per inch AND thicker diameter hairs. And the color more vibrant! I really can't explain the moral boost it gives me! I really sound like a salesperson 😄but I'm not!

• anothernycgirl
    Options

Thanks, Cali! I am looking at the website and deciding! I'd like to try it!!

• CherylMk
    CherylMk Member Posts: 21
    Options

If you did block me @calikelly I never noticed :)

I just ordered the helmet YAY 😁 I live in Canada so it was cheaper for me to oreder through Amazon.ca

It was $650 Canadian with a coupon available at purchase

So @Miranda that would be about 30% less for you if you're in the U.S

I'm sure it would ship to the U.s

Can't stay long , have to run but will pop on later !

Thanks again for all the posts

• miranda2060
    miranda2060 Member Posts: 207
    Options

CherylMk, keep us posted on how it works for you!

If I could find a way to buy it without my husband finding out how much it costs....hmmm......Winking

• kayak2
    kayak2 Member Posts: 9,027
    Options

I've been thinking about the I-restore helmet for the last week and intend to buy one. I just chatted back and forth with an agent on line, and then spoke to someone on the phone. (I need to figure out when to order it so that it arrives when I am home, since I am out of town half of each week). It is hard to figure out since it ships UPS ground from the West Coast to the East Coast. Anyway, what I really want to say is that they currently have a fall promotion which isn't posted. If one buys the I-restore max growth kit (helmet + shampoo and serum, etc) it is $775 less the $250 promo, so it is $525. They said that they don't have an end date for the promo, but it will be at least until the end of the month.Loopy

• miranda2060
    Options

Thanks for the info, Kayak2.

• CherylMk
    Options

I will Miranda I should get it by Monday. So I will start taking some pictures along the way

• anothernycgirl
    Options

Hi!

I also may order the I Restore! I was on their website and had an online chat to ask about missing a treatment or two. Their response was that it's ok as long as not more than 2-3 weeks. That's good. (I was thinking that traveling with it may be difficult.)

Trying to decide if I should go with the helmet and how much of the supplemental items!!

• kayak2
    Options

I wasn't interested in anything else besides the helmet, but with the promotion (even if you don't use the supplemental items) it is the most cost-effective when you order the I-Restore "Max growth kit" which includes everything.

• CaliKelly
    Options

Miranda, tell your hubby he can use it too that's what I did😉or it's your Christmas present. But when I got mine, I wouldn't let him use it😄. I said he didn't wash his hair enough! Also, NYCgirl, I originally got the hairmax laser comb, which I now travel with. I think it was like 250$ But you have keep moving it all over your head, gets to be a drag! But it did start the hairs growing, so is a less expensive option. And it's packable for traveling. I did the laser comb for around 6 months before I decided to spring for the helmet. No regrets! So much better now, im actually letting it grow, instead of keeping it short . Ladies, looking forward to progress reports, very exciting!

• miranda2060
    Options

CaliKelly, unfortunately my husband has a full head of good hair. He would faint if I told him I was spending over $500 on a hair-restoring helmet. We don't have a lot of discretionary income.

Do any of you iRestore ladies think it's best to start before the hair begins to thin? Saw a lot of hair on my coat yesterday. I am just so tempted to get this.

• lisey
    lisey Member Posts: 300
    Options

$525 is what I paid.  The coupon was for the combo package and makes it actually cheaper than the helmet alone.  Here is what I told my neighbor when she bought my second one for me:

Select the $775
    package so you can use the FALL250 code and get $250 off= $525

• CaliKelly
    Options

Miranda, remember full refund after 6 months if you're not happy with results. But check out the Hairmax laser comb. The one t started with, it's about 200$, and it does work. If you're just starting to see thinning, it may be just what you need. It just require a little more effort, but nothing uncomfortable. You hold the comb in one spot, when it buzzes you move a half inch, keep moving it , til you cover all your head. I used to go over my whole head twice. It definitely worked. There are more than one Hairmax combs, priced according to how many lasers it has. I got the least $$. You would have to have a husband who doesn't worry about his hair!😄.

• miranda2060
    Options

Ha ha, I know! Thanks, CaliKelly. Getting closer to making the iRestore purchase, but will look into the comb too. Since learning about this, I feel hopeful for the first time regarding the hair issue.

• CaliKelly
    Options

All us ladies gonna have all this hair! So exciting, please everyone take before pictures, then you'll know for sure if it's working! I was actually shocked when I looked at my own before, next to my after! I had forgotten how thin my hair was! I used to hate a windy day, disarranging my carefully arranged hair! Now, let the wind blow😉 Only spot lagging, temple area, there is hair there, but very fine. But it was HAIRLESS! Go for it, girls😄🤗

• miranda2060
    Options

The other day, I went to a mall in town that has been struggling -- lost many of its stores and is trying to stay in business. I went into a wig shop to ask about partial hairpieces, and ended up trying on some full wigs, including one that looks similar to my regular hair (before I started letting the gray grow in), The sales girl styled it very nicely, and it was on sale, so I bought it, just as an option in case my hair thins badly or I just want a no-care look.

Got it home, and realized I know nothing about how to style and wear wigs -- on my head, it looks like Halloween. Shocked Money down the drain, unless I find someone to it. Not sure I have the nerve to wear it, anyway. So far I'm not seeing thinning, but it's early days yet.

Bills are coming in for my husband's recent medical treatments, so don't think I can afford the iRestore. But still tempted!

• CaliKelly
    Options

Hi Miranda, I emailed iRestore people, suggested to them that it would be good public relations for them if they would discount the laser helmets for women with cancer hair loss. The lady who answered thought it was an interesting idea, and said she was sending the idea to upper management. I told her there was a lot of interest from people on cancer chat rooms but that cost is a problem. So maybe they'll realize it's a Great idea, and do it! Meantime keep working on styling that wig, you'll get the hang of it. Or take it where you get your hair cut, they'll style it for you

• anothernycgirl
    Options

Calli, - that was a great idea to see if they will discount! Thank you!

I am still on the fence about it, - partially because I wonder if they will have a Black Friday sale that is even better than the one on now, and also because I read some where that laser light treatments are not recommended for any one with scalp cancer? I had a basel cell spot removed twice and need to ask my dermo before I am comfortable trying it. So frustrating!! Just when I think there's an option, - there is another road block! =/

• kayak2
    Options

Just placed an order for I-Restore. Hope to post a positive outcome one of these days (months).

• CaliKelly
    Options

Take some close up pictures so you can see progress. Like I said, I had sprouts in about 6 weeks. And they weren't the thin colorless Rogaine hairs. They had a nice diameter, and strong color. In 6 months it was obvious! More, and stronger, hair! I guess you all can tell I'm thrilled 😉😃 Anybody want to see my pics, Private message me! Love showing it off😄

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    Options

Lisey and CaliKelly - Thanks for sharing your experiences. I think Tamoxifen has caused some thinning for me. I bought a helmet and hope to get results like yours.

• pi-xi
    pi-xi Member Posts: 177
    Options

Serenity, that would be a thick slice of joy!
  • SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    Options

Yes! Winking

• CaliKelly
    Options

Big fat slice of joy when i spotted those first new awesome sprouts! I'm really going to press I Restore company to discount laser helmets for breast cancer patients. Or donate! Good publicity for them😉P.S. I wouldn't be talking up this product if it hadn't worked so well for me!

• CherylMk
    Options

Hi Ladies , the IRestore came the end of Oct . I have been using it as scheduled, I took some before pictures so I’m praying I will see some results :)

CaliKelly that was a great idea about contacting the company for a discount for chemo patients , they really should donate some helmets and then track progress, it would benefit their company a tremendous amount on many levels. You may be on to something. I’m going to contact them as well maybe the more people that do willl influence their decision! Most of my thinning is at the temples so I’m not sure if it will benefit me or not , time will tell .

• CaliKelly
    Options

Cheryl, great news about getting your helmet, I hope you get the happy results that I did. I had significant thinning at my temples, really no hair there, and it did fill in there. Not as much as the front and top of my head, but enough to have decent coverage. Ill be following your progress! So be sure to keep us updated 😃 I think thats a great idea, for them to donate, and follow the progress of, some BC ladies whose hair hasn't come back sufficiently after chemo. I will be promoting that idea with the company also. Maybe by next October they'll make a "pink" version😉 Good luck! I'm very excited, you can expect sprouts by about 6 weeks, be on the lookout!

• miranda2060
    Options

Cheryl and Serenity, looking forward to hearing about your progress. I'm still strongly considering the iRestore as I notice a lot of hair shedding.

• pi-xi
    pi-xi Member Posts: 177
    Options

I bit the bullet and ordered the iRestore helmet over the weekend. My husband can’t wait to see me heating my eyes while wearing the helmet. 😆 Wish me luck!
  • Hygeia
    Hygeia Member Posts: 22
    Options

Hello, Friends.

On October 18 I wrote of my concern about thinning hair and that I thought it was from Letrozole, which I thought could be the cause and which I have been taking since early 2015. Last week, November 1, I had an appointment at John's Hopkins with a dermatologist specializing in women's balding.

It turns out that I have a rare syndrome, "Little-Graham-Piccardi-Lassueur." The cause is not known and it is included in NIH Orphan Diseases. I have no hair on my trunk and extremities, some, but very little, grows in the groin and underarm area. I lost my eyebrows but they, too, have tried to come back, but the hair loss on my head is permanent. We will hope to slow the progression. There is suspicion that it is triggered by an autoimmune situation. I have been prescribed Hydroxychloroquine by mouth and Fluocinonide and Tretinoin topically. This condition has also been called Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia and I'm sure I saw something about it when I first began to visit this site.

This syndrome was hard on my face. It was as if I had been jump started into aging. I'll try this treatment but have my daughter-in-law and her expertise in choosing wigs as a backup.

Has anyone else been diagnosed with this syndrome? I'm interested to learn how others are dealing with this condition.

Good luck to all.

H.