Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thinning Hair -

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• cm2020
    cm2020 Member Posts: 530
    Options

Thank you both for the aloe help! I will look for the plant but check into the vitacost link too. The Fruit of the Earth brand is what I used on my chest during radiation. There were no preservatives in the bottles I got for radiation, it stinks that they had to muck up a good thing.

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    Options

There have to be preservatives to keep the aloe gel from spoiling, so they probably were required to put it on the label.

• InnaB2018
    InnaB2018 Member Posts: 766
    Options

I use burdock and rosemary oil on my hair twice a week. Just mix them, massage them into the scalp, put on a shower cap, wait for 30 min and shampoo off as usual. I think it helps. I also use iRestore helmet religiously twice a week now. Serum for lashes. I hope I won’t lose my hair again

• cm2020
    Options

InnaB2018...do you have links to the oils that you use? I haven't heard of using these before, but am interested. I am also using iRestore, but haven't been using it long.....just 3 weeks, so not helping yet (in fact the hair loss is worse, which they say is normal).

• InnaB2018
    InnaB2018 Member Posts: 766
    Options

Here are the links:

Burdock Root Oil 4 Oz - For Best Hair Growth Long and Strong Eye Lashes, Skin Body care Scalp Massage Large Bottle 118 ML https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Y6N9QT3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_080G3VW0JN7Q22TAS3P3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Undiluted Rosemary Essential Oil with Dropper - Topical Rosemary Oil for Hair Skin and Nails and Refreshing Aromatherapy Oils for Diffuser - Pure Rosemary Essential Oils for Diffusers for Home 4oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091TVVG3Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_VWK03J28H4NRRT55SEJN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• cm2020
    Options

Thank you very much!!! I appreciate it.

• lkgski
    lkgski Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi All,

I'm new to this MBC community forum, but I've been living with it for 10 years. I was MBC from the get go and was on Femara/Letrozole for 8 years, then it stopped working and I switched to Verzenio/Fulvestrant. I didn't have any hair issues with Femara but about a year into Verzenio and all of a sudden, my hair started thinning rapidly and my nails chip, peel, and crack easily. I know hair thinning is a side effect of Verzenio, probably Fulvestrant as well. My dermatologist recommended oral minoxidil and a hairmax product for my thinning hair, and biotin and Sally Hansen Hard as Nails for my nails. I have low blood pressure, so not sure I'll be able to take the minoxidil. Has anyone had similar issues with this medication protocol and what treatment(s) did you use that have been effective? Hairmax website says their products are for hereditary hair loss, so not sure this would work for hair thinning caused by medication? I've ready many are using iRestore with results, which seems similar to Hairmax. Also, I read on breast cancer.org website that taking biotin can effect some lab tests? I'm in the Raleigh, NC area and would love to meet other MBCeer's!!!

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    Options

Ikgski - 🥳 for 10 years! I don’t have experience with minoxidil or biotin. I had a thumbnail that started splitting a year after chemo. It stopped after I started rubbing my nails with an aloe vera leaf.

I know some people are using bottled aloe vera gel. Please check that it contains real aloe vera. Apparently some do not.

• rozem
    rozem Member Posts: 749
    Options

hi everyone

So glad this thread is still going.

I started using male Rogaine at the advice of my derm and it is working great for me. 6 months later I have regrowth where I apply it ( crown/hairline)

I wish I tried it earlier! My derm said because it’s topical the amount in your bloodstream is tiny and wasn’t concerned about heart/BP issues

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

I have read somewhere of a study comparing minoxidil to rosemary leaf oil, where the results were the same. I am trying the rosemary oil twice a week to see if it helps. If that doesn't I suppose I will try the Rogaine.