Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited April 2017

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

Beautiful, but you'll never catch me cave diving!

• gardengypsy
    gardengypsy Member Posts: 499
    edited April 2017

I was just there! Snorkeling in Tulum!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

Nice! Never heard of it before. Did you go into any caves?

• gardengypsy
    edited April 2017

The Cenotes are magical.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

I looked up cenotes. They are amazing!

Little joys:

1. Yesterday I laughed a lot.
    2. Slept well and lingered in bed.
    3. I'm getting stronger. Lifting the pup into bed is getting easier.
    4. I recently bought men's nail clippers that are grippy on the outside. Much easier to use after washing my hands. Love a good tool. They look like this.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2017

hi all and welcome Carrie. Love all the thin slices. We have buds on our lilacs!

Tonight going to a free concert in Madison by the UW Russian Folk Orchestra.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

Work in progress. Lots to do.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

I have a good supply of candles.

• jcn16
    jcn16 Member Posts: 102
    edited April 2017

went to our local film festival with my son tonight. I love watching himsmile and laugh.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited April 2017

Serenity,, I really like that 24 hour adaption cycle. Must work on that.

• badger
    edited April 2017

Concert was great. SRO crowd. So happy to see the community support for folk music.

The balalaika soloist came all the way from Kiev, Ukraine. Amazing the sounds she coaxed from a three-stringed instrument, ranging from impassioned and fierce to tender and sweet. Her mom, also in from Kiev, was in the audience, a fact we learned when mom presented daughter with a bouquet of flowers before the intermission. They both got a huge round of applause. Nice for mom to see her child excel at work and be appreciated (and compensated!).

The domra soloist unfortunately did not make it from ATL due to stormy weather. But a long-term member of the orchestra stepped up to the task and was excellent. Glad he got to show his musical chops.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

jcn - That's the best!

glennie - I have a lot to work on, but trying to be better,

badger - Sounds lovely!

Gorgeous day today. Pup's collar broke, so we took her to the pet store for a new one. I love to see the many dogs out.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,535
    edited April 2017

Beautiful weather the last three days.

Today I went "into town", about 15 minutes down river, for some leisurely shopping. Usually I go for groceries at several stores, to the gas station, library, post office, ect. getting all the chores done.

But today I allowed myself the luxury of leisure. I looked at sneakers, sandals, bathing suits, crafts, picked up a card for a friend, & bought a basket of flowers from Lowes for the back porch. Also purchased a fart blaster for my grandson who turns six next month. Haha! He will love it. Pull the trigger and it makes all kinds of disgusting noises!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

Divine - That's a great gift!

Happy Pet Day!

https://mobile.twitter.com/DoggoPosts/status/85173...

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited April 2017

My thin slice of joy today will be having lunch with a couple of friends and trying to forget I have cancer and a PET scan tomorrow. I hope the sun is shining where you are. It's elusive here.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

Faith - Enjoy your lunch! Hoping you get good results tomorrow. I have a colonoscopy tomorrow. This is my first one, so I'm hoping I get the prep right. Would hate to need a do-over.

I lean back over a balance ball, but I never look this relaxed.

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited April 2017

Thanks Serenity, hope your test goes well too. Wouldn't it be nice to be as relaxed as that Otter

• gardengypsy
    edited April 2017
    Serenity~ I hope the colonoscopy was easy. I am always glad to have that test over with.

Divine: Leisure is something that I have learned on this journey and I am enjoying it very much. I do very simple things like bird watching, going out exploring, taking myself out to lunch or window shopping.

Faith: Did the PET go ok?

My Thin Slice:

I am starting a mindfulness-based stress reduction program next week.It is taught by a well-known teacher and it is sponsored by our oncology department. Really excited for this opportunity.
  • SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

Faith - Hope your test went well. The drugs I got today had me almost as relaxed as those otters. ThumbsUp

GG - Stress reduction is soimportant for us. It's nice that it's offered to you.

My colonoscopy went well. Slept right through and they found nothing! Hope not to do that for a long time. Got home, ate, and napped.

Glad to get the all clear. No need for this face.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

Ever have a caracara orange? It's sooo good, especially after having been on a low fiber diet for the colonoscopy prep.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

Mmmm, coffee with cream. Absence does make the heart grow fonder. I had no coffee yesterday and coffee without cream the day before.

Medicating

• gardengypsy
    edited April 2017

Yes to those oranges and coffee with cream!

• badger
    edited April 2017

mmmm coffee. :-) I splurge on a local brew. Beans roasted & ground within the past few days.

The difference is amazing. Like produce from your own garden: the fresher, the better.

There's only two things that money can't buy, and that's true love and home-grown tomatoes.

• badger
    edited April 2017

And here's that same fiddler, Stuart Duncan, 20 years later.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,535
    edited April 2017

I made balsamic chicken served over angel hair pasta for dinner and a delicious brocolli-romaine lettuce salad with craisins and almonds tossed with a soy vinegar dressing. Popped some cibatta bread in the oven. Dessert was the lemon meringue pie I baked this morning. But, too full from dinner, so the pie will have to wait till tomorrow. It was a tastey meal that just came together without a lot of planning and was delicious.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

badger - Love home-grown tomatoes! I've not had fresh roasted coffee, but it sounds delicious. We do buy whole beans and grind each day.

Divine - Nice dinner! Too bad you don't have a dessert stomach like my teen daughter. When she was around 4, she said her dessert stomach was empty even when her dinner stomach was full. :)

I got my port flushed today. No one else was there to observe my awesome parallel parking ability, but I paused to marvel.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

• badger
    edited April 2017

LOL!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

Wise dog.