Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• bright55
    bright55 Member Posts: 146
    edited April 2017

hi everyone Easter greetings from sunny australia

Great photos thanks for joyful post

Sometimes days are superjoyful

Today Alfresco Good friday luncheon on the deck with family

Smoked river trout,tiger prawns balmain bugs (like a small lobster without the spikes and long legs) potato salad garden salad

Suprise desserts were baileys cream pie and crepe suzette

Big exercise day tomorrow

Huggs Bright

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited April 2017

Bright - Nice spread! Wish I were there. At least it's sunny here, too!

Went to Qi Gong. It felt really good. Before I got inside the car, I stopped to feel the sun on my face and the wind in my hair.

My sciatica is still improving. I can do more without pain, and my mobility is better.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2017

LOL Serenity, that reminds me of this:

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

They were fighting? Maybe they just woke up?

This pup - Done!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2017

Serenity, not fighting, just playing. When I was young, we had a cat that we 'called' with the can opener so that meme always makes me smile, remembering.

Here's my smile for the day, a meme I only get to use once a year. Happy whatever you celebrate today!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,552
    edited April 2017

badger, what a cute photo with caption!

Some days I feel like my cup runneth over. My son is making a career change and will be working with my stepson (who is 14 years older than ds) creating software for a comapny owned by a family member of my stepson. My husband said it feels surreal how this is all working out. It's so true that when our kids are happy and doing well, we are happy.

Plus good weather for Easter Sunday. Dh and I took a walk around town and saw all the beautiful flowering dogwoods, red, pink and white, the redbuds are in bloom and the cherry and other fruit trees are sprouting buds.

Got a great haircut this week from a friend's daughter who works at an inexpensive salon. I often cut my own hair but needed a professional cut to shape it up. Love it, and will be going back to her next time. And look, when I'm having a good hair day, all is right with the world

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

badger - Love that!

Divine - So happy to hear about your son! It's a great feeling when the kids do well. Good hair days are up lifting.

This past week has been good. My teen daughter advanced to brown belt in Judo. Husband got his green belt. It's sweet to watch her help her father with a technique. My older daughter has been given a cash award for her summer internship. I continue to make progress with my sciatica. My hair is growing well.

Happy Easter!

• bright55
    edited April 2017

hi serenity and devine vising relatives on farm lunch for 20 under gazebo two crawling and one new cutie bub great to see the horses dogs and fab sunset ..later the big bonfire yeh

• bright55
    edited April 2017

• divinemrsm
    edited April 2017

Serenity, martial arts are great to learn, nice progress for your dh and dd.

Beautiful sky, Bright. The past couple years I have loved looking at clouds.

Today a book came in at the library for me, Katy Sagal's autobiography, Grace Notes. A good book is an especial slice of joy for me with bios and autobiographies some of my favorite kinds to read.

I was looking at a rose shrub in the front of the house that apparently sprouted from a few roots left behind of a climbing rose I transplanted a couple years ago to the backyard. Last year there were a few short branches but it didnt do anything and I wondered if it was just a shrubby weed. I allowed it to grow, tho, and today I spotted buds on it! Quite excited. I have another rose bush growing right beside it. Will look lovely with both in bloom.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

Bright - Beautiful sunset!

Divine - Studying judo has definitely helped my daughter. This summer we will do Tai Chi together. My Qi Gong instructor teaches at that school. Nice rose bush surprise!

I made a sweet potato pie with caramelized pecans this past weekend. My husband loved it. I loved that I already had all the ingredients.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

• jcn16
    jcn16 Member Posts: 102
    edited April 2017

Next time I read I should eat a rainbow I'll buy M&Ms or skittles or jelly beans!

My joy this past weekend was Easter brunch at church and then making Easter dinner. It's almost the same menu as Christmas but I had to bail out 2 hours into Christmas dinner because I was still recovering from surgery and my energy ran out. Nice to be able to spend a few hours in the kitchen again!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

Those are fine candy choices! Glad your Easter was good. I made the pie, but I didn't have energy to make the bread. My waist thanks me.

My head feels a bit more clear lately. It's still hard to focus. I've been trying to reduce my meds while keeping my improved mobility. I was able to get into Down Dog yesterday for the first time in years. I didn't hold it for long and it wasn't deep, but I celebrate any progress.

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited April 2017

That's great news Serenity. I'm trying hard to do some exercise every day. Today it was pilates which I love. My sciatica is getting better and better. I've not had to take pain meds for the last few days, and have been cutting back on them for weeks now. I want it to go away completely, I'm so determined to get the better of it. It started about a year ago and it's really slowed me down, which is maybe not completely abad thing.... X

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

I hope to get where you are! Seeing progress is helpful. It's hard to get the exercise in sometimes, but even a little bit is good.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

This is too cute! Click link to see in action.

https://twitter.com/cutebabyanimals/status/8548787...

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited April 2017

What a beautiful sky Bright! Like Divine Mrs.M, I've also enjoyed looking at the sky and clouds more the last year or two.

I have a thin slice of joy and a thick slice to celebrate. The results of my PET scan from last week showed stable and no progression of my cancer. Yea! And I had a massage yesterday to relieve some of these aches and pains I've been feeling probably from holding onto stress.

Have a great day ladies!

• divinemrsm
    edited April 2017

Ooo, Faith, that is some really super nice news to receive, especially as we approach the summer months. Quite happy for you!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

Faith - Great news! ThumbsUp

• scotbird
    edited April 2017

Yes Faith that is a lovely thick slice. Thanks for sharing your joy. It's nice weather here today, spring has definitely arrived properly nowand I'm off to visit my mother, who's 88 years old and hasn't been feeling well. She is doing much better so we're going out to a nice restaurant for dinner. I want to lose some weight so I've skipped lunch today and I'm really going to enjoy my dinner. X

• faith-840
    edited April 2017

Thank you all for sharing my joy! I'm feeling very grateful right now. Hug

• jcn16
    jcn16 Member Posts: 102
    edited April 2017

Faith, So glad for you good news

• bright55
    edited April 2017

hi faith love the word stable grab it and run! all the best B

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

ScotBird - Glad your mother is feeling better.

I'm on the bus home from Ottawa. I had to train a group on some software. I'm barely working, but this is a long-term client, so I agreed to the session. It was just 1 day, but I'm exhausted.

Thin slice of joy: room service!

• faith-840
    edited April 2017

Room service looks and sounds wonderful. Wouldn't it be great to get that at home once in awhile. That's a nice slice of joy

• scotbird
    edited April 2017

I had a lovely snuggle in bed from my 11 year old daughter tonight because she couldn't get to slee. She is still my baby. X

• SerenitySTAT
    edited April 2017

Faith - Room service at home would be awesome! My husband suggested I do it to save time in the morning. I loved the pot of coffee all for me!

ScotBird - Love that feeling!

This has been me since I came home. I didn't sleep well away from home. Surprisingly, my sciatica did not act up after all the sitting on the bus and training. Think I have my drug regimen down to prevent pain. Unsurprisingly, I feel drained. I packed as little as possible, and I'm pleased to have a lighter laptop to lug around.

• faith-840
    edited April 2017

That's my mood a lot of the time. Just want to cover up and stay in bed.