Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Thin Slices of Joy

Comments

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited January 2018

Love the 2 alternative wigs for different occasions SSWP. I never really liked my wig and mostly stuck to hats. I really liked my hats!

I’m really feeling that cancer is starting to be behind me now. I used to think it would probably recur. Now I think it probably won’t recur. I have no idea why or when this changed, but I’m glad it has.

I caught a cold this week so I’m enjoying resting under my new,very snuggly blanket.

X

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited January 2018

ScotBird - Hope you feel better soon.

A Florida man...

• sswp
    sswp Member Posts: 61
    edited January 2018

Serenity: I can relate to your experience with your coworker. It feels good to be able to work when I can and still be able to keep it together somewhat under the circumstances. I run a small family business (approximately 12-17 employees).

Scotbird: Thanks. I did buy a cute hat that I haven't had a chance to wear yet. I'm now starting to lose my hair and I'm glad I got my head covering options sorted ahead of time.

I had a great time jamming with my kids yesterday. Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down" has been my anthem the last couple of months since my diagnosis. Singing it was a form of music therapy for me, prior to this I have never sang other than in elementary class lol . My emotions have been all over the place from one extreme to another. When I'm feeling good about things, I find myself with a confidence that I didn't have before.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2018

sswg - That is a great song! I was sad to see Tom Petty died last year. Too soon. It's normal for your emotions to vacillate especially during treatment.

Hope your coffee is good. Watching a dancing horse will make it better.

• TaRenee
    TaRenee Member Posts: 406
    edited January 2018

Speaking of New Orleans... my sports fan friends...

the Saints WON! And when I say won I mean they put poor Cam in the dirt on that last defensive play.

Now do t get me wrong. I live in NC so I’m a Panthers fan too. But I was a Who Dat girl way before I got here. So...

Who Dat say gonna beat dem Saints? Who Dat!!!

And that, my friends, is my slice of happiness for the day. :)

• sswp
    edited January 2018

I spent Sunday morning working on another cover with my family. The song is No Roots” by Alice Merton. It was a blast.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2018

sswp - That's very cool!

My husband said last night the pup jumped on him in bed. I don't recall it happening, but my husband heard me giggle. She's a good dog!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2018

I was pretty good about this before, but I've needed to be better since BC. I don't have the energy to deal with drama queens.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2018

Otto is bored.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2018

• sswp
    edited January 2018

My husband and I have been together for over 32 years, since we were kids. We've been married for 27 of those years. We are still madly in love with each other and I know he'll still want me no matter what.

My teenage daughter was selected to be in the High School Honour Band at the University. It's for a few days with a concert at the end of it. We live in a suburb so I'm glad she'll get to meet like minded students from around the city (our metro population is about 1,000,000). It should be a positive experience for her.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2018

sswp - Your family sounds lovely!

I am very short. I sent my husband a link to an article about astronauts getting taller in space with a comment that I want to be an astronaut. His response: "I love you exactly the way you are".

• sswp
    edited January 2018

Love that your husband said that Serenity,

Started a new Tom petty cover with the family last night,the song is you wreck me. So easy and so much fun, it shouldn’t take long to complete. The song reminds me of my husband and I when we were young.

• Teese
    Teese Member Posts: 355
    edited January 2018

I haven't posted in a while, but have been following. Love the dancing horse and your playing sswp woot!

Today I finish rads, and that is a huge slice of joy for me!

Also, I started to put my wedding and honeymoon pictures into a scrapbook, removing them from the generic book they were in originally. It's been such a joy to rush home from rads, grab a bite for lunch and spend the afternoon scrapping. It's made time fly.

Happy Thursday everyone!

• Teese
    Teese Member Posts: 355
    edited January 2018

I haven't posted in a while, but have been following. Love the dancing horse and your playing sswp woot!

Today I finish rads, and that is a huge slice of joy for me!

Also, I started to put my wedding and honeymoon pictures into a scrapbook, removing them from the generic book they were in originally. It's been such a joy to rush home from rads, grab a bite for lunch and spend the afternoon scrapping. It's made time fly.

I love Otto the Octopus, sounds like my kind of critter

Happy Thursday everyone!

• eastcoastts
    eastcoastts Member Posts: 352
    edited January 2018

Had dinner with new friend I met in a reconstruction forum (hosted by my PS). Life with new friends, like my virtual ones here, who get what it is to have BC.

There are some positives to this journey.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2018

sswp - I love that you play music with your family!

Teese - Congratulations on finishing rads! Hope your recovery is swift.

EastcoastTS - It feels good to connect with people who understand.

I've been sleeping poorly lately. Yesterday I had a really tight muscle in my upper back and took a muscle relaxant for the first time in months. I crashed. It felt good to wake up after a good sleep. Muscle is still a little tight. Think I'll take 1/2 dosage of the muscle relaxant.

My pup is sleep barking.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2018

Brilliant!

• PauletteK
    PauletteK Member Posts: 1,279
    edited January 2018

I haven’t posted for awhile, I was just lurking around.

Here is something from me.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2018

Paulette - I love that!

Had a rough day today. Made better when greeted by my pup with her wagging bum (she barely has a tail).

• scotbird
    edited January 2018

Hello all. My mother’s 89th birthday today! We are having a family party, lots of joy! X

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2018

ScotBird - Hope you and your family had a wonderful celebration!

Our furnace stopped working yesterday! Fortunately we have a gas fireplace and some space heaters to keep us just chilled, not frozen. I was able to get someone to fix it today. Turned out the intake valve was blocked by snow. We'll have to watch out for it from now on.

When the heat came back, I caught the pup pressing her back against a vent. Poor frozen pupsicle!

• sswp
    edited January 2018

Serenity: Glad you got your furnace going. Coincidentally I run a heating company. Make sure your furnace filter is always clean as well, in addition to keeping the outside terminations clear.

I am feeling ok considering today is chemo 2, day 3.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2018

sswp - I ordered more filters that should arrive tomorrow. We will need to watch that intake valve because it's only a few feet above ground. The outtake valve is much higher. Hope you feel better soon. I liked having homemade jello and pho as my first foods after chemo.

A warm home feels so good!

• sswp
    edited January 2018

Vietnamese food sounds appetizing, thanks for the suggestion Serenity.

Morning of Chemo 2 day 3: I was planning to make into the office today but I think I'll work from home again. I'm feeling okay but tired. Although it's not ideal that I'm not at the office for days at a time, it's not busy right now and I need to save my energy for later in the week for when my assistant won't be in. Also I'm hoping to go on our weekly date night with hubby tomorrow and a film screening on Saturday (my daughter has a small role at the beginning of the film, she plays a street thug lol).

• TaRenee
    TaRenee Member Posts: 406
    edited January 2018

Snow Day tomorrow! That means sleeping all day on the couch with the kitty. (That’s what I did Monday too

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2018

My pup thinks every day is Snow Day! While I toiled next to her, she rolled over onto her back. Those are her hind legs, I think.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited January 2018

Sparkling wine. Just because. Happy

• scotbird
    edited January 2018

Perfect day yesterday catching up with 2 differentfriends, nice dog walk in the snow, then out to dinner and movie with my husband. Feeling very happy that everything is good in my life! X

• Yaelle
    Yaelle Member Posts: 38
    edited January 2018

I finally removed my Xmas tree .. though I first intended to leave it till august because of the precious present I got from my son (and his wife). But I keep the picture !

Can't wait to become a granny !