Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167
    edited April 2023

Thinking of you Kittykat.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 827
    edited April 2023

Morning all, wishing you a peaceful Sunday..."Easy like Sunday Morning" love Lionel Ritchie!

Kitty, Wishes for improvement each day so you can get outta there, fingers crossed. Hospitals are mentally and physically exhausting.

Carol There is nothing urgent in your report. In layman's terms you have some osteoarthritis at several levels that come with age, slight slippage at C3-C4 level but only when you bend your neck forward(flexion view), expansile lesion is seen but always better on a cross section scan like CT or MRI .Did they call this a bone lesion/met on MR? Sclerosis of the bone is like a hard spot in the bone typically nothing to be concerned about unless it starts changing over time. The top of the lung (apices) is always seen on csp xrays and that looks clear. By the xray all seems unalarming for sure, always get more detailed info from CT/MR but the flexion and extension views in xray are helpful too!

Tanya Happy 45 years, that's awesome! Enjoy!

Lots of storms rolled through here last night with tornado warnings, crazy weather. Windy but sunny today hope to get outside later to enjoy the sun This weeks looks like more spring type weather, warming up a bit!

Waving to all here and warm hugs to all who need comfort.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,050
    edited April 2023

Goldens I scan the 11th. This month is so busy. good see you Tanya. Always a pleasure when you're here. Hello cookie. Emac living Mara kitty sunshine elderbe. Candy! I am also so glad you're all here. Could t do it without you.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,039
    edited April 2023

Happy Anniversary, Tanya!

• micmel
    edited April 2023

Hello Chicagoan, nice to see you. Hope all is good in your world. And yes Tanya. Happy anniversary

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420
    edited April 2023

Happy anniversary Tanya, congratulations on stable Mara, hi to everyone else and thanks for all your love, hugs and goodwishes.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454
    edited April 2023

Happy Anniversary Tanya. Great news Mara. Good news also Carol. Still with you Kittykat for a speedy recovery from your latest fall. Mae I hope you enjoyed your time to yourself.

While I am lucky to have my husband I do need some me time. I love my space alone. Unfortunately my husband does not have hobbies or interests to warrant some me time.

It sounds like a few people have their scans coming up this month. I'll be in your pocket with Cadbury cream eggs! My scan is in May.

Wishing everyone a peaceful pleasant Sunday.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,447
    edited April 2023

Nothing exciting happening here today. Very nice and sunny, going to do some outdoor walking I think. Shorter and more than one walk would suit me.

Just started laundry and mulling breakfast. I want to include beans and spinach and not sure what flavour or texture, need to finish beef in the fridge as well. Trying to decide between rice and pasta as well, if pasta, I am also planning to hard boil and egg this time and give them a good shake in a container to hopefully get the shell off without issue. I'll edit the post once I have decided.

I also need to get taxes done this week, mulling which plan to take since it says the the pricier ones find more claims though I do have investments in a trust so may need more. I think I will pay the 40.00 to make sure it is done right.

Edited to add, I wound up eating up the remainder of the ground beef, not too much left, added a ton of spinach, beefless ground and some cheese. Put them in the chopper with a bunch of wheat bran to dry it out some. Was not too dry, microwaved 60 seconds, added some ranch dry seasoning, salt and only 1 tbsp of mayo to avoid a sloppy breakfast. It did taste good and I enjoyed it. Looking into different things I can grind in the spice grinder to give different flavours to a bean meal that I appear to prefer ground together. In this case, there were no beans but I need to use up the frozen spinach.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,707
    edited April 2023

Tanya, happy anniversary to you and your DH.

Living, I am loving the solitude. DH left at noon on Thursday and by Friday night said he wanted to just come back home. He went to the wake for an old friend yesterday and is seeing other friends today, so I’ve got a couple more days. I see I’ll need to work out kind of me time schedule from now on.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited April 2023

Candy, THANK YOU for that interpretation of my report. I've heard the word "lesion" used with C2, but no one seems overly concerned.

Tanya, happy anniversary!

Happy Sunday everyone!

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    edited April 2023

Hi All,

Still following along although I don’t post much these days. Congratulations on stable Mara! Mae, your break sounds divine.

So, news from my scan on March 28th not great. While I had hoped that Exemestane would slow things down, it seems to be only partially working. The cancer is progressing in my right lung, running like tentacles through the lymphatic system and causing shortness of breath. I have some ascites but only a small amount and it sounds like the pleural effusion has increased a bit. Weirdly, liver and bones seem to be stable so maybe the drug is helping.

The hardest part is the realization that I need to make some major changes as I can’t do the things I have done in the past. In particular, my walk with Sadie this morning was brutal. I became so short of breath that I was gasping and, unfortunately, there is no magic pill or drug that will put the genie back in the bottle now. I’m not good at giving in but….

Sorry to put a damper on everyone’s weekend. Sending hugs and prayers for others facing challenges at the moment and positive thoughts for upcoming scans.

• AKJ
    AKJ Member Posts: 115
    edited April 2023

I had a good report on my latest brain scan. The Verzenio seems to be working on my brain mets. So no brain radiation for now. Sadiesservant, sorry your latest scan had some not great news.

• micmel
    edited April 2023

Sadie~hang in there darling. It’s all we can do. Thinking of you..

akj~ welcome. Such good news to hear today. I hope it continues to bring you good results. Hugs to welcome you!

• sunshine99
    edited April 2023

sadie, I'm so sorry.

akj, I'm glad you had good news.

• eleanora
    eleanora Member Posts: 299
    edited April 2023

Dear Pat

So sorry rry to hear the news. Sending prayers and positive energy your way. You will be in my thoughts

Eleanora

• chicagoan
    edited April 2023

Micmel-Thanks for asking after me. Things seem to be going well but like you, I have scans in April, so who knows. I try not to think about my scans until the actual day. I started a part-time job and I am liking working a bit and of course, getting a paycheck! It's very low stress and very part-time so I think I will be able to swing it. Of course, if my treatment changes, everything is up for grabs.

Pat (Sadiesservant)-So sorry to hear about your challenges, especially since you also have your mother to worry about. I wonder if it would make sense for you to get regular thorocentesis or get a pleurex catheter reinserted? I remember gasping for breath myself-it's very scary-especially if you are walking Sadie.

Kitty-Hope you will be home soon from the hospital.

• sadiesservant
    edited April 2023

Thanks all. It’s definitely getting harder and there are times I don’t know if I am strong enough to deal with everything that gets thrown at you as you near the end. I have laughed over the irony of medical standard of care. Particularly here, the emphasis is on QOL rather than continuing treatments that are ineffective once you’ve run out of options. But I can say, QOL of treatment isn’t exactly a bed of roses!

Thankfully the nausea seems to have improved today. I feel like an idiot but it’s looking like the cause was the antibiotics which I finished yesterday. At least, that’s my theory as it’s the only thing that has changed in the last 24 hours and I was still barfing at 6:30 last night! If that’s it, I can fix it with more probiotics. Of course it would be great if these stupid UTIs would bugger off!

Unfortunately the SOB is unlikely to be due to effusion at this point. I’ve had a chronic pocket of fluid for some time that never dried up. Now it’s related to lymphangitic carcinomatosis. That’s the tentacles of cancer extending throughout my lung. I just have to learn to pace myself I think. Managed my second walk with Sadie with more gasping. Helps to breathe through pursed lips. Thankfully that’s it for the old girl today

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,535
    edited April 2023

Sadie sorry to learn about the stressful news. You’re exactly right about noneffective treatments at the end. I hope to be able to discern the difference when the time comes. Nice that you can still walk Sadie sending hugs.

Thanks for all the anniversary wishes.

Tanya

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420
    edited April 2023

Well the plan is another MRI and whole brain radiation via patient transport from the hospital to get this under control and then back to the gem/carbo chemo for the rest of the mets. I'm glad we have a plan and I don't have to go home alone. I'm sorry you're also struggling Pat, I hope things can improve for you, love Kitty.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 721
    edited April 2023

Sadie - so sorry for all the struggles. It certainly makes sense that your antibiotics could have been responsible for nausea. They can be nasty to the gut.

Kitty - glad there is a plan in place. Fingers crossed that it really helps.

Happy Monday

• candy-678
    edited April 2023

I hate reading of everyone's struggles. This life is so hard. Sometimes I wish MBC was a fast killer. The scans, progression, and treatment changes can be torture--- torture that I have not went through yet but know is coming. I don't know if I am strong enough to handle it when it comes.

My thoughts are with all of you and your struggles. God help us.

• mara51506
    edited April 2023

Pat, I am so sorry to hear this for you, I am glad other parts are stable, the lack of walking among other things robs you of that joy with Sadie. In your pocket sending healing thoughts and hope that the walking may improve when something else may help with the lungs and ascites.

• mara51506
    edited April 2023

Candy, I feel the same when I read people are struggling and empathize with what they must be going through. I also understand not being able to understand how anyone could deal with such symptoms etc. I guess, speaking for me, I will handle it as I do now, handle it when it happens which is all we can really do. I am in all pockets who need me.

Editing this post. I had put in a request for PT with my RO and got a call from my care coordination services today, I will be put on a wait list possibly and it would be somebody coming to the home most likely. Reason for that is external PT is not covered by my province's health care. If my place was not big enough, could probably get on a list for in hospital PT, we will see. The PT is to help me get up when I fall.

• micmel
    edited April 2023

I had a heck of a night. 3:30 am I was pulled out of my sleep with terrible stomach pain. I finally gave up and went to the ER around 4:45 am. They ran scans and did an ultrasound , my gallbladder is going bad and I may have to have it taken out. It was so painful. A full out gallbladder attack. I am home now with orders to see a surgeon! It’s always something.

• sunshine99
    edited April 2023

Oh, I'm sorry for those who are hurting! This disease is merciless!

Carol

• chicagoan
    edited April 2023

Micmel-That sounds so painful. Hope you can rest today and get in to see the surgeon soon.

• candy-678
    edited April 2023

Mel- Always something, isn't it? I hope you get it taken care of soon and relatively easy.

Anyone can have gallbladder issues, or, like me, an arthritic hip needing a replacement. But, when we have the struggles of MBC + the "normal" issues of being a human, it seems too much to deal with.

• sadiesservant
    edited April 2023

Oh no Mel! Gallbladder attacks can be horrible. It’s not as if you are not going through enough as it is!

Radiation day today with multiple appointments for planning and treatment. We’ll see if it resolves the ongoing issue with my left hip. Hope so as it would be nice to cross something off of what seems like a very long list of symptoms.

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902
    edited April 2023

Micmel— hoping you are able to rest from the gallbladder attack and get into a surgeon soon.

I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago after 2 awful, painful attacks. Commiserating with you this morning.

• mara51506
    edited April 2023

Mel, in your pocket about the gallbladder, I am so sorry you have another thing happening. Sending my love and healing thoughts your way.

Turns out I do not have to be on a waiting list for PT, should hear from them within a couple of weeks, may be done at home.