Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420
    edited April 2023

Oh no Mel, your poor woman, it's always something with us, why on earth can't we get 5 mins peace, I hope it can get resolved quickly for you, hugs, Kitty 💖

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 827
    edited April 2023

Oh for goodness sake, it is always something! So sorry to hear Mel, Kitty, Pat and all who continue to struggle. Yes this disease is merciless, I just continue to pray for everyone. Hugs

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454
    edited April 2023

oh Mel, what pain you must have been in. So sorry for this extra crap added on to everything else. Hopefully they gave you something to help you rest until a surgeon is able to remove the gall bladder. Sadiesservant- thinking of you dealing with all your struggles

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,050
    edited April 2023

one good thing I got to scan earlier and my Mets were stable along with everything else so far. Just the nagging gallbladder to deal with. Everything else looked good. I guess I'll stilll have to scan again the 11th for my oncologist. I'm sick of scanning already. Bloodwork Friday and xgeva shot. It was awful pain I must say. Thanks for the kind support everyone. It means alot. Goodnight ladies. Hugs to all!

• kittykat9876
    edited April 2023

Hi everyone, I'm finally home, I'm on anti seizure meds and dexamethasone and I start whole brain radiation after easter on the 12th for 10 sessions, he is going to try and avoid the area of my brain that affects short term memory and still no driving for at least another 6 months, Sanju has put the chemo on hold for now but we're not changing it, just restarting it after rads. At least I can stay living by myself for now where I have my support system around me.

• micmel
    edited April 2023

Kitty~ I’m so glad you’re home. What a difference being home can make. I’m glad you have a plan in place going forward. I wish you nothing but the best. Seeet woman.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 721
    edited April 2023

Mel - I’m so sorry that you had a gallbladder attack😥. Sure hope you can quickly get in to see a surgeon. At least there is evidence that you are stable.

Kitty - no place like home!

Big election day here in Wisconsin. Seat on state Supreme Court up for grabs. Candidates are extreme opposites and the ads have been so ugly. Why do candidates throw mud at their opponent rather than outlining their own personal achievements. 😡😡😡😡

• micmel
    edited April 2023

Thank you Goldens. It was a tough ride for sure. I have an appointment with the surgeon next week. So I'm not waiting. I don't want another attack. No way. I also don't need another surgery.

I agree politics sucks.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,707
    edited April 2023

Happy to read your home from the hospital kitty and Micmel.

DH is back from being out of town, now I just have to figure out how to insist on some alone time without if feeling like a rejection.

Treatment Friday, then a bit more interior cabin work next week, one wall at a time.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,447
    edited April 2023

Kitty, I am sorry you having to have WBR but it can be a really good result. I had it almost 7 years ago and do not notice any problem with short term memory today. For a couple weeks after, I did notice some problem with reading and watching TV and understanding plot but that does clear up fast. You should come out similar to before WBR. If you have any questions, let me know.

Mel, sending healing thoughts your way and to everyone else struggling, I am sending much love.

Well, I made two pancakes today and added some shredded cheese and a little wheat bran for fiber. I also used maple bacon seasoning as well. I used the sandwich maker and made a messy mistake, not even thinking about it, I lifted up the top shelf and got a mess of batter down the back, must be more careful. I took them out, little bit left of the raw mix so microwaved 50 seconds. I put a generous amount of syrup, As I ate them, I could not detect the cheese or maple seasoning at all. This is not a bad thing though. Next time I make them, will be one at a time. Still wiping up the machine but I don't want to wreck it with spills. I do love pancakes, still have not tried a sandwich or part of a meal with them, I picture the pancake making up part of a meal of beans and some sort of beef or beefless ground meal, no syrup but a savoury little pancakes to add something extra to the meal, we will see.

I am walking today at some point, bills are paid. For some reason, I have decided tomorrow is the day to do taxes. Going to pay for it as it includes info about investments and any capital gains. The free one does not show that so would rather pay to have it done right. I use turbo tax since it can pick up on any receipts I have.

I am looking forward to PT for exercises to help me up if I fall as well.

• AKJ
    AKJ Member Posts: 115
    edited April 2023

Kitty, glad you got to go home! I’m hoping WBR works for you. I may have to get that in the future so I’ll be paying attention! Mara’s experience has made me feel a little better about the prospect. Micmel, I hope you can ditch that nasty gallbladder soon

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679
    edited April 2023

Mel - that happened to me last year around this time and I lived on popsicles for a week and lost at least 5 lbs in the process. That was just about the worst pain I can imagine, though they got it to settle down (and are now noted on all my scans). If its bad enough they want to take it out for you, its got to be worse than I had. I know you dont want another surgery but at least its something relatively minor they can do laproscopically and not major invasive surgery with rehab. I hope you feel better soon!

I had a total crap day today. After spending 15 minutes (of the 20 for the oncology visit) yesterday going over my upcoming appointments with the locum oncologist, they managed to cancel today's plastics surgical review and NOT the mis-scheduled 17th oncology visit Ive been trying to cancel for a month. So it was a semi-pointless hospital trip (I had to pick up drugs anyway) due to whatever mixup somewhere along the line with scheduling. Then I had to truck it to work through the hordes of Easter tourists to change out my dead laptop and they gave me something with not the best screen and tried to pass it off as ok. Whatever, i went home and said screw it (our internet has also been in and out all day) and went and did crochet and read a book and had a toasted cheese sandwich. Some days you just cant win.

Sunshine - you CAN crochet those little scrubbies, i found some patterns. Ill try that when I need a break from this blanket I just started.

Ladies in that bad weather zone tonight - stay safe!

• micmel
    edited April 2023

Thank you very much Sondra. I was relieved to know it is laparoscopicly . I don’t want another attack and I want it out asap. I see the surgeon next week. I’m going to take the first appt to get it out. The pain was unbearable. Like we said. I’d wish we get a break from physical issues.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,535
    edited April 2023

Kitty yay you’re home!

Mel sorry you were in so much pain. Pocket duty for gallbladder removal. Surgery sucks.

Goldens I hate when election time comes. So much mudslinging I think I don’t want to vote for any of the choices by the time it’s done.

Mae nice welcome home for hubby. I’m glad you enjoyed the peaceful surroundings, your pups and the beautiful cabin.

Mara thanks for reminding me about taxes. I didn’t do it. I have to put papers together for dh.

Sondra sorry you had a bad day. Nice remedies though.

Take care all

Tanya

• micmel
    edited April 2023

Hi Tanya. Always good to see you my friend. Hope things are good in your world.

Sondra~ how did you not eat? I’m starving!!!!! Ugh! 😐

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688
    edited April 2023

I am glad to hear that Kitty is home and thinking about Mel, SondraF and Sadiesservant and anyone else in the living room struggling right now. I hate how much grief this disease causes but I am glad we have each other here who understand that grief better than most.

Not much else to say. I was just checking in on everybody.

• sondraf
    edited April 2023

Mel - it was a LOT of popsicles. It was all I could tolerate, the thought of eating anything else either made me nauseous or if I tried it set everything off again. Took about a month before I was able to eat normal volumes again and I laid completely off cheese for a long time.

• micmel
    edited April 2023

oh my goodness. I don’t know if I can go without food for that long. Good grief. What we go through. Was the surgery painful ?

• mara51506
    edited April 2023

Mel in your pocket for surgery and sending healing thoughts.

Did my taxes today, I usually get about 200 but got nothing this time, I am OK with that since my income is so low, I did not pay any tax. Will get quarterly payments of what is called GST so that is not nothing.

Breakfast was another pancake. Put 1/3 cup mix and 1/4 cup water and then decided to add cheese and one egg, I had to add a little more mix as the egg made it thin and runny, cooked up in the sandwich maker, took maybe 2 minutes, microwaved 30 seconds as little bit of the mix came out, was perfect after. Syrup and maple and bacon seasoning on top. I must say, I could not detect the egg or cheese additions at all, just the pancake mix taste and of course the syrup. There was still a lot of syrup on the plate but I did not clean it off myself, rinsed in sink and dishes are soaking now.

I find it interesting that certain things do not change the taste of the pancake, very interesting indeed. Otherwise today, nothing is on the agenda besides usual laundry, chores, possible walking and that is about it.

• micmel
    edited April 2023

morning Mara! I don’t have anything planned for today either. I'm resting myself. This pain wears me out. It's foggy and a bit rainy today so not a bad day to nap here….

• mara51506
    edited April 2023

Mel, we are under a severe thunderstorm warning, we just had one roll through. My poor cats both jumped about 10 feet in the air and hid themselves, they only came out for some food. I confess after I exclaimed holy crap myself, I kind of laughed about the high jump in the air.

• micmel
    edited April 2023

I had such a crappy night. This thing has gotta go. I am losing my marbles this month. If anyone finds them. Let me know! 😜😜.

• kittykat9876
    edited April 2023

I'm still looking for mine, if I come across yours I'll let you know🙃

• micmel
    edited April 2023

thanks Kitty! We need all we can get ! Hope you’re ok this morning…

• kittykat9876
    edited April 2023

Hi Mel, I'm feeling much better but I've lost my voice, apparently there's a tumor pressing on my vocal chords but we've had to put the chemo on hold until after rads which starts on Wednesday after Easter, I hope you are starting to feel a bit better. I hope everyone has the best Easter possible.

• mara51506
    edited April 2023

Mel and Kitty, sending you marbles back via the amazing pocket that goes anywhere. Marbles and healing thoughts going out to both of you.

Weird day today so far. Doing laundry which is normal. Made a hard boiled egg and again, could not get the shell off, I think that it what the cold water is for? Someone let me know. I got as much off as I could put little bit of onion powder, salt, mayo and mustard. Tasted fine and then for some reason, had to sleeip immediataly after, did not feel well, I feel fine now though. I think I will stick with poached eggs and other things put in, still use the egg cooker and call it a day. I will stop trying to do the hardboiled Before I go for a walk, I am going to have a proper meal of at least beans and rice with cheese and spinach. 1/4 cup of beans and rice and just head out after showering.

Unsure if I am going out with DB, Thursdays are the most common day and stores are closed tomorrow so we will see. Other than that, looking for cute bags to hang up over doors or my drying rack to put recycle stuff in until recycling. No room for blue containers inside and not willing to keep it outside. Use blue bags to put recycling in.

• micmel
    edited April 2023

kitty~ oh no on your voice. That's gotta be frustrating. I hope you get radiation over with..

Morning Mara~ thanks for the marbles. Lol.

• sondraf
    edited April 2023

Kitty - thats awful to lose your voice, though I think that happened to someone else on here - aprilgirl maybe? Sadies perhaps? It was resolved with treatment so I hope they can do something quick for you. Look at it this way, I know people who have spent thousands of dollars on 2 week silent retreats and came out of it with some sort of profound insight on life, maybe there will be some side benefit. Or itll just be one more bump in the road. How frustrating, especially with the long holiday weekend.

Mel - I never had the surgery, they wont take it out unless it flares again. I think Im ok with that, it really only kicked off when I started Lynparza which has a bit of a gastro side effect and a six week ramp up that can cause stomach issues. I suspect the surgery would be akin to ovary removal, couple pokes in and out and the shoulder pain from gas.

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    edited April 2023

Kitty. Sorry about your voice. That’s not something I have had to deal with - at least not yet.

Mel, sorry the gallbladder is still giving you grief. My mom had to have hers out years ago. When they go bad…

Bit shocked by how quickly the symptoms from the lung progression have ramped up. My SOB has increased a lot and I’m finding my legs are very tired, likely due to insufficient oxygen in my blood. Very dragged out. I just want to rest. I know that’s probably for the best but it doesn’t sit well with my “get things done” mentality. So many loose ends to tie up these days and yet time seems to be at a premium.

Wishing everyone a lovely Easter weekend.

• micmel
    edited April 2023

Sadie~I’m sorry for your sob. That has to make things difficult, if you have desires to do things and be productive. I have a hard time getting things done as well. Even a shower seems rough somedays. Here’s hoping it gets better. Sending hugs to everyone. Happy Easter!