Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 419
    edited December 2023

Good evening ladies of the Livingroom🥰.

Hi @mara51506 . It sounds like your day has yucky weather. Our weather has been rainy cold and windy the las few days. I didn’t do Much of anything today, but tried to finish up a painting I’ve been working on way too long. Hope your day went well🩵

@mkestrel . Yes I hear you, girl. Cancer sucks at any age. The drugs have made me feel 90 since I was diagnosed years ago in 2009. I think back then it was the Estrogen blockers that made me feel so low energy and bone pain along with degenerative osteoarthritis that started in my 40’s. So stage IV meds are a whole other struggle to deal with for us. You are young at 49 and dealing with this crushing disease, I so understand…. Just keep doing what you are doing even if you make a list of things to do each day, don’t worry if you don’t get to some of the things on your list..Physical therapy is good for you. I always felt better after PT…the strengthening exercises always help; however I won’t do PT anymore, what’s the point of getting sore at 74😆. My goal each day is to go for walks, and painting. Ha, that’s a good one. Doesn’t always happen as I plan. I did paint today, @mkestrel. It is therapeutic. Try to keep up with your painting for that reason. I’ve see your beautiful work.👩‍🎨

@illimae Hey girl, sorry about your tooth 🦷. I like. Your kitchen idea😉

Ugh @sf-cakes ouch! I can only say that I have had my share of orthopedic surgeries and procedures over the years. They were all necessary at the time but I didn’t have bone mets. I have cervical spine stenosis on my vertebrae that my oncologist diagnosed on a scan a few years ago, He wanted me to consult a neurosurgeon at he time. So I did talk to a neurosurgeon in my orthopedic group who does all those vertebrae surgeries on the neck. He too talked about a surgery that sounded a lot like your surgeon’s recommendation. I’ve learned to be more assertive in my orthopedic issues with my bones. I’ve learned over the years that a surgeon is always going to recommend surgery. That is how they make their money and send their kids to college. I asked him If he could suggest a more conservative approach that did not include neck surgery. he recommended the neurological pain management Dr. in the group. I then consulted with him and have been in his care the last 3 years. He has me go to the surgicenter in my area and he gives me an injection usually every 6 months. He’s wonderful. I do not have any mets on my cervical spine where he injects me so, anyway what I’m saying is there may be a more conservative alternative for you with your spinal fracture. The thought of any surgery to the spine is scary. I hope this helps @sf-cakes 🩵….saying good night to all 🥱♥️.Have a restful evening.

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 562

Good evening everyone. In your pockets for whatever needs you may have. I see 650,000 without power. Brrr…..It's dropping down to 39 here in central Fla tonight. I fed the birds (squirrels) heavily as they sure were hungry after 2 days of nonstop heavy rain and gusty winds.

Up early for GP appt. His office now has an affiliation with a mental health program. I don't feel the need for therapy at this time, but as he said it doesn't hurt to learn coping skills for future needs. Good enough. I went to the cafeteria at the hospital to eat. My phone rang and it was the MO's office wondering where I was for appt. I went up to the office and apologized, but honestly thought they cancelled the appt. for Zometa, due to dental root canal work being done tomorrow. Interestingly, MO said absolutely no Zometa until end of Feb. Two dentists said no problem taking Zometa, but the MO was emphatic that if something goes sideways. So only blood work and those horrible estrogen removal shots. One was ok, one hit too high on hip at cancerous area. Sadly met gentleman in chair next to me that was terribly sad, fighting cancer and hasn't seen his son in 4 years. His son is a heroine addict. My heart hurt for him and it made my problems seem much smaller.

Waiting on brain MRI appt., after this last FDG PET SCAN. GP does not recommend radiation to the orbital wall due to risk of radiation blindness. Have to wait on MRI and see the new MO (if he ever arrives) to see if he feels I need to meet with RO. Haven't had radiation at all, nor surgery.

Stay safe and warm and sending hugs and prayers.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 806

Morning ladies, well it's been a meh week over here. Hubby going back to dr today still has the lingering cold after 5 days with steroids. Since he is a heart failure patient he has to be careful what meds he takes and make sure his lungs are clear.Best to revisit before the holiday. Daisy's kidney disease has been worsening outward signs now have to call vet again today. I had to to back in yesterday to MO for more labs my red blood cell count is tanked, haptoglobin undetectable plus other values that coincide are off. She thinks my immunotherapy may be the culprit, we'll see hope to know more later today. Anyone have similar where their body is destroying red blood cells? Fa la la la la…life in the cancer world…..

Mae Good luck with your tooth hope all goes smoothly.

sfcakes Sorry to hear your still having ongoing issues with your spine. Back pain can be so debilitating so I would be leaning towards surgery also due to the fear of cord compression. Hope you get some good feedback here I see mkestral was able to weigh in and hopefully you will get lots of positive feedback.

Mel Thinking of you💙

shanagirl Hey there so glad the sun has returned to NJ this morning! Glad to hear you are motivated to finish your painting.

irish Good luck with your root canal also , seems best to always err on the side of caution. Who needs another issue anyhow! Awww I enjoy chatting with other patients if they're up to it. Everyone has a story to tell don't they…My mil always said we all have our crosses to bear. If if we all put our crosses in a pile you may very well go back and pick up your own cross. I think of that reference often.

Big hello to all ,in the pockets with Christmas cookies for all who need it.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 710
    edited December 2023

Cookie - thanks for a great summary of recent posts. Ditto to her comments. Interesting cross analogy. I always use shoes. If we throw our shoes in a pile, I bet we take our own back. We know how they fit and how much mud and 💩 we’ve walked through. I also think about this frequently.
    Here for pocket duty - no Christmas cookies but lots of cheese.

Sending out well wishes to all!

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,390

Hi everyone, it snowed a bit here but planning to go for a short walk to check mail. Going to attach the spikes to my cane and use as needed. Will wait for shoe cleats until it snows alot. Seems like we will have a lot of melting since the temp goes above freezing Christmas week.

Been doing laundry, usual money making stuff and will be eating soon, stumped what to eat, think I will fry some eggs, spinach, cheese and garlic in pan with few chopped beans. I do have a leftover of breakfast yesterday in the fridge so I may change up what I make we will see.

Hope people have a good day and of course send love and healing from pockets to all.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,689

Thanks @shanagirl

We’re going to have to plumb through the top two drawers but the rest will be functional. Wall panels going up soon too, which is great because I’m tired to looking at insulation. The buffet we are looking at will go on the left against the wall/windows and will serve as cabinets and countertop. Definitely cheaper too, the dresser pictured was only $48!

• mara51506

Mae, so the dresser is your countertop and storage which is genius and the Whte containers will be your sink, that is a great idea, I could almost do a setup like that as part of my kitchen curves to the living room. Thank you for the idea. Great idea to set up a kitchen with everything you need for less money. The frugal in me loves it and may borrow the dresser idea.

I have not tried it yet but breakfast wound up to be pasta that was boiled, cooled and put into the sprayed pan, cracked two eggs over the noodles, put some garlic and salt and topped with shredded cheese, baked for 10 mins in my breville at 375. I also put the leftovers of yesterdays meal in there too. I cannot wait to try this.

Our city is finally getting green bins for people to dispose of food and other waste and garbage pick up will only be every two weeks, recycle and green bins every week. Not sure how the apt building will do the green bin, but guess we will find out. Two week garbage is not problem since I am single and mostly throwing out cat litter but we will have to see what happens when it starts. I do think it is better putting through less garbage.

• illimae

Mara, yes, that’s a big farmhouse sink and the dresser will be used for some cooking utensils, towels, aprons, etc. and the cabinet below (if we get it), will be for pots, dishes and silverware. It’s 61 inches wide, so plenty of countertop/prep space.

I like reusing when I can and these items are from the 1950’s, built well and add character.

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 599

Mae, love that buffet in the kitchen! So sorry you have to get a tooth pulled, hope that goes smoothly for you.

Also love the crosses and shoes in a pile analogies. I will wear my own shoes and pick up my own cross!

Thank you MKestrel for sharing your experience with surgery, as well as that PT sign about how therapy adds life to days. I'm definitely scared of the surgery, but more scared of spinal cord damage, which hasn't happened yet but the doc thinks it's very possible. I'm glad that you are able to still do many things (I always think of your signature line, I'd rather be hiking). I have some mild to moderate pain that is pretty well controlled with tramadol.

Thank you, too, Shanagirl, for your experience with the injections for stenosis. My husband used to get those and they helped tremendously. I think in my case the concern is that one of the pieces from the fracture will move back into the spinal cord, which would be bad, obviously.

Grateful for this group, sending love to all!!

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,026

Mara,

We finally got green composting in Chicago. But instead of putting a green container in every alley, I have to collect my compost and drive it to a central location over a mile away! Well, at least it's a start.

• shanagirl

Good day everyone.

I cross posted this from the Abemaciclib Verzenio for Stage IV forum

ugh, the last three days have been exceptionally bad for Verzenio D. It hasn’t been this way for months. I’m living on Imodium and staying in my bedroom. The master bath is next to my side of the bed so another day hanging out on my bed with the pups my IPad, and the TV. We have 3 bathrooms in my house. 2 on the second floor and one downstairs off the kitchen. Ha😆which makes it convenient when I am cooking. But I feel most comfortable up here in my room. I hope you ladies have a day of peace without struggles🩵

so that is my day so far.

@sf-cakes yeah,it sounds like you need this surgery. I’m sure your surgeon will do an excellent job.😉♥️💯

@illimae loving the country kitchen with the farm sink. It will all come together when the insulation is covered. And now you’ve inspired @mara51506 and knowing her great determination and persistence she will soon be installing her own country kitchen and far sink🥰

• shanagirl

@cookie54 , @irishlove , @goldensrbest ……ughhhh i just posted to you guys and lost it….too tired to say it all again… love you🩵

• mara51506

Chicagoan, well that is good. I am not sure what the building will do about this but we will find out.

Well, not even much snow and the steps looked dry but were icy. I did not fall but did slip. My issue is that I could not get the lid open since box of salt kept outdoors. I will ask for help in building to bring inside the front doors so it does not freeze. I reminded the PM that I slipped twice last winter on ice on their properties so the better do something about it. Meanwhile, if someone is coming home, I will ask if they mind bringing the box inside so lid can be taken off since I could not get it off. I slid walking down and back up the steps.

• irishlove

Hi everyone. Hope you are safe and sound from the storms. @mara51506 Management should be taking care of icy conditions for you. It is frightening to slip, thank goodness you didn't fall. Our salt came in plastic bags, so no caps to deal with. @illimae Hope you have good success with having that tooth pulled. I love your dresser idea and the dresser. I think it comes from the 1940's era. We had a bedroom tallboy dresser that looked just like your dresser.

@shanagirl Three days of the big D is awful. Try to stay hydrated and watch out for potassium depletion. Thank goodness for bathrooms close by. I keep a bedside commode in my bedroom. Can't make it to the master bath in time.

Root canal only hurt the pocketbook. $2000, no insurance. Nice Christmas present, lol. Brain MRI scheduled for 1/5. No Zometa till end of Feb. Cold and quiet here. Time for hot tea. In pockets for all.

• illimae

Irishlove, yikes on the root canal. I paid $1,600 several years ago and it made me angry. I don’t understand why it has to be so expensive and why dental insurance covers so little.

1940’s is good too, I just know it’s old because there are no nails, screws or metal rails for the drawers, all wood and built to last but they sure are heavy, DH carried that up the stairs (7 steps from ground to the deck), he’s still a bit sore.

• mara51506
    edited December 2023

Irishlove, thank you, I agree about ice management. I plan to keep my own supply, petsafe of course in the house so the issue with the lid will not matter. They emailed they will salt, if I see ice, I will simply need to be careful, wearing ankle boots that have good tread as most sidewalks are almost clear. If I fall, I sue period. Not going to worry anymore. Edit, property manager did not ice the steps, construction guys working upstairs were out front, asked them if they could do a quick salt out front which they did and asked them to bring box of salt inside so it would not freeze.

I did have something weird yesterday when stepping off a curb caused my brain some fear. Stood there for a few minutes telling myself it will be fine and came home and am pretending step bench is a curb and going up and down on it. I no longer ride escalators either due to fear of falling, take elevators instead. I am not too concerned but the common things like curbs of steps with a slight amount of ice need to be dealt with confidently.

Breakfast was 1/2 cup chopped beans, wheat bran and cheese chopped as well, was not overly hungry so put the rest in fridge as leftovers for later, perhaps eat with a battered fish piece. I think the concentrated chewing which has improved digestion is working to make me feel more full. Though I am not too concerned about weight loss since I have not gained anything and stayed about the same weight for months. I would only worry if I gained all the time.

Paratransit picking me up, did not set a pickup time since it is so up in the air, I am OK with taking the bus. May book more trips before end of year since bus tickets are going up and Paratransit does not have the smart pass scanner which is so much better. Doing Herceptin today. Edit, was able to phone for another ride and only waited half an hour or so which was good.

Hope everyone has a good day and in everyone's pockets for anything needed as well.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,025

Hi Mara~ sending you a hug. Hope you’re doing well.

my temporary MO prescribed something for my mouth. I’m allergic to steroids but I’m in no way allowed to swallow. Not even a little. It’s a steroid rinse. But I want and need to try anything to take away this pain and discomfort. I’m really hoping it helps. I am desperate for someone to figure out something to help me instead of pumping me full of pain medicines. I am on the fentanyl patch and I’m hoping this rinse works. If it doesn’t help I’m going to loose my last marble.

i think of you ladies everyday. Hoping you’re all hanging in there. It was nice to see Sfcakes back. Goldens…. Sondra…. Just a few off the top of my head. Chicagoan! Love to all

• irishlove
    edited December 2023

@micmel Well that rinse just has got to do the trick. It seems docs throw pills for pain quicker then trying to cure the problem, IMHO. You sure have suffered long enough. There has gotta be an answer. DH had a "sour stomach" that created numerous ulcers in his mouth and throat. He swears by peroxide and his second suggestion was Buttermilk. It's thick and coats the mouth, espohagus down to the stomach. Worth a try?

@illimae Don't you love the dove-tail at the four corners of the inside of the drawers. Like you said, no nails or screws, solid wood and yes, heavy. Hope your DH didn't strain his back lifting. it will be so beautiful when your project is completed.

@Mara I'm glad the construction guys were on top of things for you. Escalators throw me off when it comes to balance. No too crazy about those fast moving elevators, either. I make sure to find a bar to hold on to. Dinner tonight was left-over for 5. We super wrapped containers with turkey, ham and side dishes from Thanksgiving. Nice to just pull out of the freezer and feed 5 people easily.

Waving hi to all the sweet ladies here and gentlemen, too. Your love and support is what keeps me going. I'm in pockets with candy canes for all needs.

Got the crud, started late last night. Upper respiratory and a sore throat. Gargalling with peroxide, drinking OJ and using Vicks Vapor rub. Slightly sore tooth from root canal, so using tylenol. Finally received a text from mental health program asking if I still need an appt. with them. I texted back YES. One thing that we all could do better, again IMHO, is think about the SE or other comorbidities that are rocking our bodies and diminish the thoughts of cancer progressing. Now there's the real challenge.

By rights I should be wheel-chair bound due to MS. I'm blessed that I am still mobile. My brain isn't great, but it's passing fair. Fatigue is tough, but sometimes I get a second wind and get something done. I no longer measure my worth by how clean the house is, how great the meal is and slow down and be mindful to accomplish things right the first time. That to me is success. I have been disabled far longer then most of you, started at 45 due to MS. I miss my career, friends and paychecks. I use to wait for the other shoe to drop, meaning another MS attack, and worried it would be the one that took my legs away permanently. Or my sight, or ability to speak or lessen my IQ greatly. On the brighter side, I was able to cut stress to next to nothing and meet my doctor appts. without grief. I was home and able to cook some. Stayed in bed when I just couldn't function and tried to not lose sight of the fact I was still able to live my life fairly independent with some assisted devices. I believe this challenge is far heavier load, but at least I have some experience with severe medical conditions that limit my life. Now onto counseling to help me cope better overall.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 806

Mel Gosh I'm so sorry you are always dealing with these mouth issues, just horrible! Fingers crossed, prayers up for you that this works. I don't want to sound like" hey did you ever try this "because I know you have done sooo much. At the risk of being annoying Maalox and Benadryl mix has helped me before. Agree you need and fix not constant pain meds. Hugs❤️

Mara Hope treatment and your paratransit ride went smoothly.

Mae Wow gorgeous old piece! My husband is a carpenter and makes furniture etc so he has taught me much about wood quality. Hope the hubs back is feeling better. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Irish You are one amazing woman! Your attitude like many others here is inspiring.Sorry you got the crud, hope it passes quickly for you.

Taking Daisy to the vet today, it's so depressing watching her decline from this kidney disease. Thank God I cooked for her this week and she is eating a little. I can just see in her eyes she doesn't feel well. Thinking she may need additional fluids today, we'll see….

I still don't have all my labs back from Monday! MO said she is waiting on other results to make her decision as to what is happening with my haptoglobin level. Was hoping if I needed a transfusion it would happen before the holiday, sheesh. Health care is always hurry up and wait!

Waving hi to all here, wishing you peace and strength for all who are suffering.

• mkestrel
    mkestrel Member Posts: 180

So I'm all happy because I was able to sort of play pickleball at PT using my walking stick as a pivot. In junior high I was beat by a girl with a sprained ankle so maybe I can play with numb feet 😂 it's the first time since surgery that I've tried any game with a racket. I loved racquetball but that's too hard now. I can't do fast bending and twisting moves.

Get well soon @irishlove. I hope the new treatment helps your mouth mel.

The wood dressers being repurposed is an awesome idea and they look very nice.

• mara51506
    edited December 2023

Mel, thanks for the hello, hello back to you. I hope this new rinse is helpful for your mouth, I am in your pocket for it to work.

Paratransit was perfect, I booked the trip to the hospital and then instead of booking a pickup time there, I just call and ask for a pickup and it took maybe 40 mins, no longer than the bus can be. I also don't use the stairs to board, I get put on a lifter and board that way, feel pretty safe that way. If I am on a normal bus, they lower the front so I can get on. I also exit from the front as well.

Laundry is midway done. Doing some TV for money on the ads, playing games as well, paid per lvl complete. It is a bit cloudy here. Planning to order some ice salt of my own. Since I could not get the lid off the one here, I figure I will keep my own, pet safe brand and if out of that, baking soda and table salt mix. Heard baking soda melts well and is safer than salt. May get a small shovel for myself too and keep places I need clear. We will see, sidewalks are dry now and above freezing at least for a few days.

Breakfast is two large eggs with chopped beans and precooked hashbrown and wheat bran. Baked at 375 for 10 mins in the breville. Was adding a bit of ranch to it and it got smothered, took out as much as I could, had a few bites, still do the 30 chews each bite but I did not like it, tossing out the rest. Will continue with fish, losing my taste for all the salad stuff I think, need a break from that stuff, stick with the quinoa and bean type meals, also may to hardboiled eggs from the steamer. Going to have fish tonight

Since I might be shopping tonight, I will get ready. Not a for sure but good to be prepared in case DB wants to go. I hope everyone has a good day and in pockets for those who need me.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,026

mkestrel-So glad to hear that you are playing pickleball. I started about 4 years ago and it has been a Godsend. Pickleball is a wonderful way to meet new people and have fun. I have played with other people who have various types of cancer. Sadly 3 of them have died but three of us are still alive and slamming! Pickleball really helps my overall coordination, stamina and is a great mood booster. It created a "new normal" for me. While I can't do a lot of things I could do before, I have continued to improve my pickleball game. There is a Veteran's group in Chicago-some play in wheel chairs. Have fun!

• irishlove

@cookie54 Sending best wishes for your sweet Daisy. I hope the bet can get her to feeling better ASAP. Not sure my attitude is good, but I thought if I'd put it to paper, it would boost my effort. lol

DH has pneumonia. I've got a sinus infection, some nose bleeding and coughing. No fever. DH is on antibiotics. He's really had a rough time healing since his hernia sx.

Waving hello to all at this most blessed time of year and praying for healing for all of my sisters and brothers.

Laurel

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,319

Wow, pickleball and bike riding? You all rock! I am lucky to be able to walk all the way through the grocery store. I shop with my DD every two weeks. There are four of us so it takes a little planning and it takes time, but I make it through. Yesterday, though, I had to use a scooter. I can't seem to shake this weakness and dizziness that is hanging on after my latest UTI. I am doing PT for my back and try to cook dinner every night and clean house, but lately I am buying things that take less prep. I can never wash dishes right after dinner. If my DD goes to work (she works nights) the dishes either sit there for a couple of hours or sometimes the morning. I don't like it, but I do what I can do. We all do what we can and I have had to learn not to beat myself up over it. Dirty dishes don't matter anymore. Enjoying my family does.

Take care dear sisters. I pray you all have a Merry Christmas doing something special.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 710

Mel - I was really hoping that when your Ibrance dose got dropped down to 75mg it would help reduce the mouth sores. That just stinks. Praying you can get some relief.
    I started with a sniffly nose last week and last nite it blossomed into bronchitis. No fever, just unrelenting cough. I hope everyone with some sort of respiratory bug gets better by Christmas. Was supposed to go to dinner and a Christmas play tomorrow night with the extended family but I passed and my daughter was able to get a refund on our tickets.

Sending warm and comforting thoughts to all. HUGS🤗🤗

• micmel

I think it’s accumulated over time in my system. I do notice a change slightly and this mouth wash seems to be helping slightly. I don’t want to get ahead of myself but I’m hopeful. Thanks for caring ladies

• mara51506

Intolight, I am sorry you are dealing with dizziness and weakness. Been there myself and it is very difficult for sure. Do not EVER give yourself a hard time over what you cannot get done. I try to keep up with dishes as I make them, super small kitchen BUT if I cannot get it all done or tired at end of day, leave them soaking in hot water all night. My floor sometimes is neglected for dust and sweeping, not terrible, I pickup stuff as I find it. Pace yourself, if you want to, get up and wash a couple at a time with breaks in between, takes longer still gets done. I have to pace getting dressed post showering, usually put top half, wig, shirt being worn that day and do bottom half sitting on the loo after the bidet. So much easier. In your pocket, sorry I yapped so much, just wanting you to give yourself a break.

Goldens, I am sorry you found yourself with a lung bug and had to miss your dinner and Christmas Play, I hope you can kick that bug to the curb as well. In your pocket with whatever you need and vicks vapo rub. I like to put a bit with Qtip just inside ears, just beneath the nose and on neck and top as well. Also sending warm thoughts to you.

Mel, I am glad the mouthwash seems to be helping. I get not getting ahead of yourself so I am in your pocket getting ahead of it for you. Kick that pain to the curb.

I am having a lazy day after a night of shopping with DB, I was proud of myself as I stuck to my budget, only spent 45 dollars on catfood etc and had20.00 paid for from surveys and games that is good as things go up. My disability went up as well which is does not often do so that is appreciated for the budget. My mail was also restored to the building thankfully so no need to check the community mail. I had some scans and another echo booked, routine stuff.

I bought different stuff for meals, got more english muffins, want to make egg mcuffins again, got some canned lentils as well, can see combining those with beans or whatever else, still use salad croutons if I want a quasi bean salad feel, I avoided buying greens this time. I think I have spoiled a lot of meals for myself making them too weird. I also treated myself to some chips.

Christmas Eve, my brother will drop something off. I requested to stop going to dinners, they understand their home is unsuited for me since they have many flights of stairs and no railings with a big dog coming up and down. They know I don't mind being quiet on Christmas, may order some extra food for myself to eat as well and store in fridge, we will see.

I do hope everyone who celebrates has a wonderful time with family and friends and in everyone's pocket sending warm feelings.

• bellelove70
    bellelove70 Member Posts: 38

Hello to all!

It has been a couple weeks of ups, downs and just pure tragedy. I'll let keep it short.

A young group (18 years and younger) were killed by a drunk driver. One of them worked as a bellboy where my husband works in the summer. His younger brother was also killed and a local young girl was killed. One of the other brothers is in hospital fighting for his life. They were on there way to a youth church group. Where is the irony in this?

Another local 17 year old was murdered by 2 youths. Everyone says it has to be drugs but if everyone knew him like some of us did then it may be for some other reason.

My daughter and SIL went to Mexico this week with their best friends. After only one night there Melissa ( best friend) found out her sister and boyfriend were killed in Florida. They were on a motorcycle and a pickup truck hit them head on. My daughter called me sobbing so hard I couldn't understand a word she said. Everyone is still in shock. Their friends flew home to Toronto to be with her sisters son as she was a single parent.

My cousin and a friend I worked with both found out they had breast cancer.

Everyone is seeking answers as to understand why such things happen. There are no answers. Only heavy hearts.

I am sorry to go on and on but instead of screaming i just needed to get it out.

There are so many families effected by circumstances out of their control. So many who are worse off than myself. I have my family to hold and tell them how much I love them. I look at the shining lights on the Christmas tree while Belle puts her head on my lap looking at me as if to say it will be alright. I look at my husband grumbling because the wind blew down my wreaths I had made. I just smile because the little things don't matter anymore. I have stage 4 cancer but I am blessed.

Thinking of all of you this holiday season.

Debbie

• illimae

@bellelove70 wow, that is a lot, I’m sorry, I can’t imagine feeling all this at once. I tend to over identify with others pain, it’s overwhelming. Glad, you’re ok though and belle, dogs are great in times like these.

• micmel
    edited December 2023

Belle~ I’m so sickened and sorry. The world sucks and we have no answers for many things I’m deeply sorry for the families. I never understood why things happen like this at this time of the year. Hugs to you

I had a bad afternoon today. Some woman was waiting for a parking spot and I didn't see her waiting because a big truck was in front of me and. I had no idea. So I took the spot. So she rolled up yelling and bitching at me. So I said. Geeze I'm sorry. I really didn't see you. I tried to explain I was sick and needed a closer spot. She yelled at me to drop dead.  It really bothered me.

sometimes people are so mean ….. it’s hard enough to fight everyday and have someone. Come along and say drop dead. After they know you’re sick. I have the paperwork for a handicap plate card. I’m acting on that asap.

hope all is well!!