Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• bellelove70
    bellelove70 Member Posts: 38

Sunshine- so sorry for the latest scan results. This dreaded disease just keeps us fighting and fighting. I'm in your pocket with you.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,025

I’m all ready for pocket jumping ! This stinking cancer needs to go someplace else far away from all of us. I don’t know how it came to be. But what an awful thing. My only guess is natures population control. I hate everything about it. Loosing my identity because of it my life basically at some point , precious things and time I could have had with my family and friends that I can’t back. Let’s just do what we can do and be as strong as we are able. It’s all we can do. Hugs to all. Goodnight

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,688

@threetree I think you’re right, I’m 49 and I believe Emac was a year or two younger.

@goldensrbest My scans were clear, nothing to treat, perhaps you were thinking of someone else?

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 599

Sunshine, I'm sorry to hear about your latest scan results, and I seriously hope there is an anti-bitch/itch pill out there. Sending you love and hugs, let us know what your MO thinks about treatment for you.

Mae, good news about your scans!

Irish, good scan report as well, and what do you think about having the surgery?

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,160

Sunshine - I'm sorry to hear about your progression. I hope your next treatment kicks it to the curb... without the itch!

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 710

Mae - sorry about the confusion! Looking back I realize it was Shana with the injection for pain. Damn brain fog🤬!

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,389
    edited June 21

Sunshine, I am so sorry to hear about the progression, in your pocket. Really wishing I could come over and force kick the cancer back to stable or NED. Hoping the next treatment keeps you stable and kicks out the lurkers.

Mae and Irish, good news on the scan and also anxious to hear about surgery.

Still hot and humid, supposed to ease next week. Decided that I need to take normal bus if I need to go places since it is free I have this fear of falling if I step off but think that is mind related vs actual danger. Need to get myself out. Gave older DB the day off shopping or walking in a mall, he's got long hours so said I did not need to shop. My head is still much improved, less itchy.

Having white rice, lentils and the cheese slices chopped in with croutons for the texture I enjoy. Once all is prepared, just adding salt and big mac sauce, I purchased a few when I ordered McDonalds breakfast the other day. Should be good.

In pockets for all those who need me, hoping everyone has a good day. Not doing much here except quick bouts of sweeping, dusting, laundry and watching TV and getting paid for ads. Also buying a mini grill because that will let me custom make little hamburgers or egg mcmuffins but press down like panini press. It is only 20 bucks so I don't mind that purchase.

Edited to add decided to have the 1/4 cup white rice, lentils and an egg. Put them in a bowl with a lid put on for 3mins. Everything was fine but the egg exploded, guessing due to the heat production from cooking with a lid, next time, cooking the egg separate but doing the lentils and rice together. I did salt and add some Big Mac sauce, was good and a really light meal. Just had to clean the microwave as rice, water and lentils blew out. I enjoyed it though. Cheese and croutons will feature at dinner time, not sure what I am making then.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,025

Mara~ hope you’re doing ok. How is your head ? I didn’t sleep well last night at all. I need the air conditioner lowered to like 70… it’s like this constant discussion, he gets cold (which I respect and understand) since if I had my way, you could hang meat in my living room. And I get very warm, it makes me miserable. So we discuss the house temperature daily lol.

Love to all am thinking of you ladies and am I. Your pockets.

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 544

@sunshine99, sometimes when I need sustenance but have tummy issues, I will cook white rice in a chicken or beef stock/broth. It is not heavy on stomach, and you get some extra nutrients and taste from the stock/broth that is absorbed by the rice.

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 562

Good morning. @sunshine99 In your pocket for major improvement in your body. In everyone's pocket that is in need! So blessed to have you all in my life.

I haven't rec'd the 75 mg Ibrance yet. Due to start back Monday. I finish augmentin Sunday. MO appt. Monday, labs and $600 Xgeva shot. Ouch in more ways than one. I'm having very vivid upsetting dreams, seems all night long. So I moved the augmentin to earlier time. Funny (NOT) the diarrhea from the diverticultis has left up and now I'm fully constipated. Don't know if it's from meds or MS.

I'm a little scared to do 75 mg as the main area of mets that started was an intermammary chain lymp node that is still substantial with an SUV 4. 2. It was 3.9 three months ago, but MO considers it stable. Gosh Ihope we aren't making a mistake, but can't live with diverticulitis. As for surgery, they would remove the sigmond colon robotically. That doesn't upset me, this constant being sick (vomitting if I can't catch it with Zofran in time) and diarrhea and the pain, oh my. Seriously, I am now game for surgery if the dose reduction does not help..

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,559

Mae - Thank you for adding your comment about Emac's age. Yes, I seem to remember she was something like 48. It definitely makes it harder to take in.

Again, I am so glad to hear of your good scan results.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited June 23

Irish, wow, I'm so sorry. You've really been and are still going through it. Makes us wonder when is enough enough? Regarding the big "D" vs the big "C" I'm almost happier with the D. At least things are moving. The rash is still what's driving me nuts, but apparently we're switching drugs since Truqap failed. On to drug 3. Hope this one is the charm.

Waving hi to everyone in the living room. I'm curled up in the corner with my Kindle.

Carol

• mara51506

Irish I am sorry about the continual issues you are having and in your pocket for them all.

Sunshine, stick to the diet recommended for digestive problems, rice, applesauce bananas and eggs are good to supplement protein. Hoping this clears up for you soon.

Mel, my head is better and keeping the brush and comb as I did find a couple flakes but at this stage, I am happyl. I will keep my hair trimmed short because it is easier to medicate or put Aquafor all over with a scarf over top. Glaxal Base is for daytime as not greasy, I have been keeping the house at 22 and bringing in air from outside at the same time. So far, it helps to avoid leaks as the condenser does shut down periodically and the outdoor air blowing in can dry the tray off as well, keeping an eye in case a leak shows up. Later this year, going to have my AC professionally cleaned, there is nowhere I could do it and DB does not constantly need to be the handyman.

Toughold crow, avoid the stuff you were doing until you know if it is a normal bone issue or cancer related. You can still do many of the muscle groups from a bed, chair or standing without risking bone breaks. Youtube is full of options. I bed exercise for some of my PT for the bedladder pulling as well. I even do the Paul Eugene or Leslie Sansone in bed and just lift and stretch legs. In your pocket so you can stay active and hopefully things heal up to keep you strong.

I like to post about food both good and bad. The good this morning, made an egg, few lentils and a hashbrown in my mini griddles, they only use around 300 W so both can be used without blowing a fuse. I put a big mac sauce on, salt and a little ketchup, was the last I had, getting more ketchup today. It tasted pretty good. The bad was I really burnt the cheese I added, it was black, I cut it off the eggs and scraped the Hashbrown. Going to have to pay attention cooking in those. I also pulled out some ground meat and will be making small burger patties to keep in the fridge, can also make a ground hotdog as I am on a mission to finish up food that has been frozen. The hotdogs would combine with different meals, pasta or beef up a mini pot pie or rice meal. I bought those because they are inexpensive, I could include ground hotdog and beef as well in different things. Once my grill comes, going to see how toast could be accomplish on an english muffin. I like the english muffin better than tortilla shells if I am being honest. Also have been craving old el paso soft dinner taco bake but I will hold off.

In the meantime, I hope everyone has a good day, congrats on good scans, in pockets for those who need me, lazy day other wise, just doing the TV ads for cash, you use an app on firetv and play videos with mostly beagles in it, I leave it on mute but that is fine. Too hot still but I was smart and no outdoor walking and skipped garbage collection this week due to the heat. Luckily I don't send out much trash due to reusing things that I can. This will be four weeks between pickups which I like. Anyway have a good day.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,664

@malleemiss251 that broth idea is a good one, I've hit the chemo cycle point where I stop eating most everything and I've got to get some nutrition in me. We have some high quality bone broth and rice is sounding good, so maybe I'll pop some in our tiny rice maker tomorrow and give it a try. Thank you!

@sunshine99 I'm sorry to read of your progression on Truqap, I've been following that thread and was really hoping it was going to be a winner for longer for the ladies on there. Hope the stomach settles, there is really nothing worse than gastro issues, except the issue that is bothering you the most (rash in this case!).

I had lymph massage and hip work yesterday at the physio and im just exhausted. Pretty sure I'm anemic anyway and will get some blood this week but I'm tired of being chemo-y. I want to know how these people on Abraxane are able to work because I spent 2 hours on chores and taking care of paperwork and i was spent. The compression sock is definitely helping and the swelling is starting to come down, which I'm happy about but its going to be a while yet.

Have a great weekend everyone, stay cool if you've got to!

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 419

@sunshine99 Gentle Hugs dear girl.and staying in your pocket.💕

@cookie54 I hate inconclusive. I hope you get answers that re more encouraging. Poket dutu for me.

@bellelove70 Yes it’s been real hot here by the Jersey shore Hope it cools. I’m hearing thunder grumbling and it’s gettting a little dark, soso maybe some breezes and rain coming.🙏

@illimae so glad to hear stable @irishlove Stable scans are always good news. I hope you and yourteam can resolve you bowel issues. That’s always tough to deal with. Praying you will fine some comfort during all you bowel upset and pain.sending ypu gentlle (((((((Hugs))))))) 💕and waving hi to all this evening.🖐️

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 562

Good evening all. Hope it's cooled down for you since it's been brutal just about everywhere. We've had 3 days of rain, finally.

In your pocket for stable and improving scans and for life in general. I'm sorry for those that are struggling. This disease sure isn't for the faint of heart. I do a lot of chicken and bone broth, or chicken and rice for stomach problems. I don't know where I read this, but a bowl of corn flakes with low-fat lactose free milk works well. Everyday I eat cereal or oatmeal for snacks and cheat with just a wee bit of sugar. I know sugar is a no-no, but I promise it's just a drizzle, lol. What I give for one of Mara's meals, yummy.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,462
    edited June 23

We're sorry to hear that the Truqap didn't work out better for you, @sunshine99. Did your MO say what the next treatment would be or are you waiting to hear about that still?

(Edited typo to Truqap)

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,160
    edited June 23

Darn predictive text! I'm pretty sure the mode meant Truqap.

ETA ‐ Predictive text got me, too! That was supposed to say "mods". Lolol

• tougholdcrow
    tougholdcrow Member Posts: 137

Oh gosh that is funny, mods.

• mara51506

That gave me a good chuckle, thank you mods. . is very humid and warm again but what else is new, stayed in which is getting old, thinking of getting out next week on a free bus when is cooler between 9 and 2. Do a mall walk and be careful to not buy unless it is truly needed. I also did Leslie Sansone from bed, very quick leg lifts and would still strengthen everything and safer. Could also pull out my folding chair and do a seated workout. Can really do it all from bed and still have good strength, no risk of falling.

I am supposed to get my wee grill so am defrosting some ground beef to fashion some small burgers, may mix in some of the beefless ground or some beans as well, would stretch things further and give more ideas for eating. I also ordered cats some more cardboard circles as woke up to one being destroyed, it is fine and they will be happy, laundry and never ending vacuuming to follow.

On a different note, realizing that I still have a bunch of hairstyling things I could use on a week and considering that I have been wearing the same ones for years, overall wigs are not supposed to last so long, going to pick one that gets styling products to make it different and then get washed, it can be dried in the spin dryer within a bag and hung. I'll be interested to see how long it lasts. It's been a long time since I styled them beyond giving a bit of a shine or using a fabric softener/alcohol spray to keep smelling fresh and just used water or move around on head depending on where I want the part to be.

I am being lazy today and allowing a harvey's lunch, if it was cooler, I would get the burger by walking down as it is cheaper, not walking in the heat. I will figure out grilling because I should have the wee grill by tonight, will need to practice cheese melting so as not to burn it vs melt it. I don't have many cheese slices left anyway.

Hoping everyone has a good day, in pockets as needed always.

• mara51506
    edited June 23

I tried out the mini grill I got today, makes good wee hamburgers. I added little mayo, salt, sour cream seasoning and a Big Mac sauce condiment. Hamburgers are smoking read within 3 minutes since there is heat top and bottom, looking forward to designing different meals in there.

• sunshine99
    edited June 23

@moderators i had to do a double take on that. I think we all did. Am hoping my next line of treatment works. Will see my MO on Wednesday to discuss what’s next. Thanks for the chuckle as well as the encouragement.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,462

Our mistake! Thanks @sunshine99 for calling the typo out (darned autocorrect!)

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 805

LOL mods…too funny, happens to the best of us!

Mara The mini grill sounds like a great alternative for you without the fuss. Have fun experimenting with it. I always say everything tastes better on the grill.

Irish Hope you are showing signs of improvement this week.

sunshine Sending you strength and positive vibes for Wednesday.

tougholdcow Ugh I can empathize with the fractured ribs I feel like I just broke one or two recently also and had a couple this past year. I refuse to let it stop me too. Between all the treatment and osteoporosis my poor ribs don't stand a chance. Ha and I agree with your french!

Finally a line of t-storms rolled through last night. By this afternoon a much needed break in the humidity and extreme heat. Hope it's improving for everyone. Hi to all here, daily prayers and pocket duty for everyone.

• sunshine99

Aren't you all glad that even the mods sometimes make a mistake?

I was typing my name the other day. If my fingers of my right hand get off by one character, my name becomes "Carp;" instead of "Carol." Maybe I should make that my screen name. Or maybe not.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Monday. Blood work and Faslodex shots tomorrow. MO appointment on Wednesday. I started the lower dose of Truqap today. Will probably be switching to something else. Seems like such a waste of the drugs to throw away (or however they dispose of them) but continuing to take them doesn't make any sense, either.

Carol, AKA Carp;

• sunshine99
    edited June 24

I hope this works. Here is a stand-up comedienne who moved from California to Tennesse. She's hilarious. This is a longer one, at bout 13 minutes. I think if you Google her and look for "Earthquakes vs Tornados" or something like that you'll get just the last part. They're all worth watching.

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2F8nCP2H12lH4%3Fsi%3DYV8NW8vzSEV7LSCx&data=05%7C02%7C%7Cb9e3bafb581641be335c08dc8a8cc240%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C638537584352848798%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=TeaT2VEuCMxzNoK49lB0Pcexba5ECZeArXs3Bl%2FvO80%3D&reserved=0

Carol

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,319

Good morning all. I am heading to labs and Faslodex shots. My kids and four grandkids are all headed to the pool. Doesn't seem fair somehow…

• sunshine99

Intolight, I wish I could go with you and get mine out of the way today instead of tomorrow. Wouldn't that be "fun" to go together? I'll get my labs done early while I'm still fasting. Faslodex shots are at 2 p.m. Video visit with MO on Wednesday. Normally I get the labs done the day before I see her and then get the shots the same day. DH is leaving for a climbing/backpacking trip, so I was able to move the shots up a day and change my MO appointment to a video visit.

I have no idea what the change in treatment will be. I wonder what the nurse will say when she sees the rash on my bottom. It almost sounded like my MO was on the fence about getting the Faslodex shots this month. I may message her and ask if I can get the shots if I have a rash.