Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

moth- That link worked !!! Saw you getting your Xgeva. You guys do it yourself? I have to go to the office to get it. I can give shots, but insurance wouldn't let me buy it and administer it myself. Has to be the physicians office. But guess I couldn't give it myself in my own arm, would have to be another site of the body. But, boo, on insurance. Any others you want to post?

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

candy, it is just a sub cutaneous so can be done on your own in stomachor arm or butt or wherever - it just depends on how much flexibility you have lol. But since I have dd here I've just been getting her to do it. bizarre mother daughter bonding lol

I did 3 very basic reels on the first day I started that account (after watching a whole bunch of tutorials lol)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPd1UK4AtGJ/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPeK3Y_gbCi/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPeqeFLAytv/

I have a list of ideas for reels. I might do some myths or facts or common issues things... sort of a mix of educational and 'day in the life of'. Or I might just abandon it lol. It is a bit time intensive but it has been fun learning something new and watching the public reels is fun (it's like tiktok. lots of jokes, puns, dance clips, funny animals all from around the world...)

• candy-678

moth- Cool !!!

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

Just got off a video call with reps from a marketing and the pharmaceutical companies promoting Tukysa (new med for HER2+). They’re planning to use my photo and brief story for a WebMD feature. I’ll let you all know when I become a cancer superstar, lol

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Wow. Mae. That’s cool. Superstar for sure

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

GoMae!!!! That’s great.

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719

Mae you are already a superstar in our eyes! But keep us posted!

• moth

wow mae! WE KNEW YOU FIRST! back before you were famous!

• moth

my exciting afternoon: my new mop arrived. I impulse bought it on Mother's Day for myself & it finally arrived. I washed all my floors!

& a reel I put up of Olive doing some really lame jumps got over a 1,000 views SillyHeart I'm living the dream!

• candy-678

Yeah Mae for getting your story out there. Let us know when/where we can see it.

• micmel

I have an Instagram as well. I gues a lot of us do.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,358

I am catching up here... You gals are rock stars. I am thankful I can even get myself presentable each day--not good enough for more public eyes and defintely don't have the energy for anything else. Great reels Mae!

My MRI showed a hemangioma on my spine, so not cancerous. If it does not dissolve and causes more pain on its own we will tackle things then. The rest of the spine is "not detectable" for cancer activity so I am taking it!

My abdominal CT was completely clear. No cancer on any organs except there are three tiny spots on the liver, but again the radiologist cannot detect cancer so I am claiming it too. They are too small and not in a good spot for a biopsy. That all means I am back on the Xeloda for three months until my next scan. What a roller coaster! My DH takes it all in stride and supports me whatever the result. He sits outside in his car during all my appointments. I can drive but he doesn't want me to do it alone. I am thankful.

• micmel

definitely take it!! Sending hugs into light

• illimae

I’m ilonao on Instagram, if anyone wants to see random animal and food pics. And of course I’ll share the WebMD stuff when it happens.

Meeting a fellow thriver for lunch tomorrow, we’re the same age and both go to MDA, always nice to get together. DH is working on clearing the garage and once that gets done the move should progress a lot faster.

• candy-678

Intolight- Good to hear from you and that you have good news to report !!!!

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 725

Mae - I want an autograph 😉😉😉

So hubs had cardiac ablation yesterday. Was supposed to be 3-4 hours - ended up being 6 hours. Doc said they got the area causing a-fib but then they found he had atrial flutter so had to treat that. Ultimately doc said there were areas of low-level electrical currents and those would likely cause a-fib in the future. Kinda like us with MBC - when will the other shoe drop. I pick him up this morning and he’ll be off a week

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,462

Well, I am sorry that he would like have a-fib in the future but glad to hear he is coming home and gets a week off. Yes, what he is going through is similar to typical MBC. Two steps forward, one step back treatment wise.

• mara51506

Well, the humidity is on its way. Looks overcast today so will stay indoors and get steps walking on the spot. Lifting my legs same amount as outside and picking different cardio music as well. 150 bpm for about 10 minutes gave me a nice sweat. Next music is running music with 175 bpm. I still want my 10 to 15 thousand steps. Not going to be doing as much outdoor walks when it is hot. These cardio songs with the really fast beat will help the step total add up faster and made me sweaty as well. Shorter bursts like 5 to 10 minutes as these are a much faster pace than I am used to.

• candy-678

Goldens- Glad to hear DH got the ablation, but sorry to hear that the A Fib may come back.

• candy-678

Just plopping down on Mel's couch. Not much going on here today. Quiet and lonely. I guess that is good in a way. But... just lonely. Walked on treadmill. Read some. Mainly wishing my sister and I had a better relationship. Last spoke to her on the phone 10 days ago--- told her of the ER change and the plan to scan the end of June and maybe make changes to treatment. She was quiet on the phone then. Yes, I could call her now. But I do not think she wants a close relationship like I do. She seems to be shying away. We only talk on the phone every few weeks.

Not many plans for the weekend--- tomorrow dollar store shopping, early when they open, for soap, paper products, etc. Then some laundry. Sunday- church online and then gaming in-person Sunday evening. At least I can talk to someone Sunday evening.

Wish Mel's Living Room was real.

• micmel

thinking of your family goldens.....

waving to Mara!

I wish it was real too candy

• mara51506

Waving back to Mel as well! Still glad to have you back too.

Candy, I wish this was a real living room too. No plans for me. Non essential stores are still closed here and really there is nothing I need.

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698

Has anyone heard from JFL? I think she's posted on this thread. Just realized she hasn't been on since April 20th. I start to worry when I don't see someone for a while. Hope everything is okay with her.

• illimae

I had a really nice day, DH and I went to the museum of natural science for the Pompeii exhibit, then to an Irish pub for fish n chips and a beer. We sat on the patio in the warm sun, it was lovely. below are pics of the bodies preserved by ash from the eruption of mt. Vesuvius and some household stuff found at the dig site when Pompeii was later rediscovered.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,315

Mae - Fascinating. Hope I can get to the exhibit since it's here through August, if the Fish & Chips were good, will you share the name of the restaurant?

• illimae

Minus, it was Mo’s Irish pub in cypress. You mentioned that someone recommended it to you. Solid recommendation, I’ll go back sometime.

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719

Mae, looks like a lovely day. Didn’t realise that Pompeii could travel! I’ve been lucky enough to visit the actual site in Italy...it was absolutely fascinating although we didn’t join a tour. Just did our own thing and also visited several other lesser known sites on that trip. Love Italy.... Sadly doesn’t look as if going back anytime soon.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Hi guys, I'm back in hospital neutropenic and a bad lung infection, some good juju would be nice,, not feeling the love right now.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341

Kittykat,

Sending some good thoughts your way. Feel better.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Kitty,

Hang in there. Better days are ahead. Sending love, hugs, and warm thoughts your way.