Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Hi Candy,

Same here. Still attending church online. I am not sure whether it’s COVID that keeps me watching from home or laziness. It’s so easy to sit in your sweatpants and hear the message. I am going to push myself to go next week.

It is so weird when I think about my name not appearing on your list anymore. Although I am content with my MO’s decision (and my agreement) to stop treatment, it’s very hard to stop doing the things I’ve always done since diagnosis. This thread has become such a big part of my life, and all of you who have given great advice, direction, and shared knowledge are like my family. I won’t be sailing off into the sunset and leave you wondering what happened and where I am. Mae will kick my butt. Instead I am going to try to keep posting….keep things real though. I’ll hopefully be able to give one perspective on what the end looks like with MBC. I have tried several times to get answers to that question, and I have yet to get an answer. Who knows? Maybe it’s too gruesome or painful. But I’d rather know the truth so I can prepare.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

I’m here for pocket duty :)

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Oh my dear Booboo. I love you so. Your post is so, pardon my language, damn real. I don't know how I will feel when that time comes for me. Will I be able to handle it with so much grace.

Maybe my "pocket duty list" is not "right" anymore. Yes, I want to remind all of us about those with upcoming scans and appointments. But we must not forget about those that are suffering. I mentioned about all those that are progressing, changing treatments, struggling. I do not keep a "list" of those people. But they are still there--- Bliss has not posted in a while and last post was hospitalized with liver failure, KBL, BevJen, Leftfootforward, JFL hasn't posted in a while-- is she ok??, and many more. Real ladies that are struggling. With lives of their own. Real fears. Real heartaches.

This group is so "real". I cannot express what you all mean to me.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Candy, Thank you for continuing to keep track of our stuff, events, treatment, whatever we should call it, and to also remember those who are in the midst of changes in treatment and struggling.

Booboo, I agree with Candy on the realness of your words. I hadn’t thought how weird it must feel not to be looking to what’s next in treatment. We’ll all be there one day too and you’re so good at expressing how it feels. I hope you have a good long time of feeling good, but I’ll be looking for all the posts you feel like posting and offering my support here from Mel’s living room. I hope to hear about your plans for Disney too.

• Rosie24

Sorry, no pic! I'll keep trying 😳

We had a fun weekend away in southern Ohio with some friends. There were about 20 cars total at the get together, but this is from our smallgroup drive along some country roads. I'm in the peach color by the blue car, DH in white. Kind of incognito, not on purpose. 😊

• candy-678

Rosie- Your pic did not come thru. :( Please repost.

• illimae

I realize this is kind of odd but I’m super excited about my new hospital/chemo bag. It was listed as a cosmetics handbag but I found it great for long days of appointments. It has a section for my iPad, one I’ll use for snacks and the front zips down for easy access to my phone, cords, emla cream, etc.

the color doesn’t come through great in the pic but it’s a robin egg blue.

• booboo1

Cool bag, Mae. I think anyone who regularly goes to treatment would love to have one!

• candy-678

Mae- I like it. I do not have the treatment days yet. But it does seem nice to keep things organized for those long days. And I love organization.

• Rosie24

Trying again with the photo

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Hi all

booboo thanks for continuing to stay in touch. When you wrote that you realize that there are no more treatment dates for you it was a heart wrenching feeling to read that. You mean so much to us all. It's as real as real gets and what we all have to face, eventually. I'm grateful for all of the support that I receive from you and this group.

Candy I have seen many familiar names disappear. it's haunting but I realize that we may all get to that point too. Thanks again a million times for being so organized and caring about all of our upcoming appts.

Mae I love the organizer purse. I like to carry a tiny bag and then end up putting my kindle in another bag etc. Now I just don't bring anything but my phone. I have a lot of anxiety and find myself in the waiting rooms playing on my phone. I could have my kindle but...

Have a good evening all

Tanya

• illimae

Tanya, I often just bring my phone too for short days but when it’s 1/2 a day or more I usually watch a movie and bring a bag of grapes or something to snack on, it feels easy that way and great when the wait is long.

Looks like DH is planning to move some furniture we plan to sell into the garage tomorrow. Yay, this is the huge step I’ve been waiting 6 months for.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,462

I love the bag Mae. I go in with a knapsack to hold chargers and various devices to watch shows or you tube and also like to read while waiting as well.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,956

Candy, I’m here. I read everything here and haven’t posted here, but I’m the one who just had the FES PET in Utah. Thank you for thinking of me.

I think of you all every day and am just hanging back and listening.

I also go on the Zoom weekly Monday call, but I don’t think I’ll be able to today because I had to make my doctor’s appointment for 2:00 Eastern. Darn it.

Hugs to you all, and I do think of each and every one of you and what you’re going through.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Hi everyone, just dropping in to say hi, not much happening down here, it's been raining nonstop so I've just been pottering around the house. I've got chemo Wednesday and that's it for the week, mynext ptetscan isn't until July 22. I hope you all have the best week you can as stress free as possible.

• Rosie24

Trying this photo agai, after trying again quite a few times 😊. DH and I spent the weekend in southern Ohio at a car meet. We enjoyed some country roads with a few friends. DH and I are next to the blue car, which has brought us some great sight seeing and a couple fun cross country trips. We're used to packing pretty light and not buying any large souvenirs!

• candy-678

Rosie- good pic !! Glad you had fun.

• booboo1

Rosie,

Sweet wheels! There’s nothing better than hitting the road with friends. Awesome! I’ll bet you have some great stories to tell..

• mara51506

Candy, LFF has posted a few times recently in the Brain Mets thread.

• molliefish
    molliefish Member Posts: 650

I was reading a post in ‘life does not end with a stage 4 diagnosis’ and some thing struck me there and reminded me of something I was just thinking yesterday evening.

iIt was about no one sitting and snapping peas with Grandma. What a great way to just ‘be’.

I was cleaning strawberries yesterday before taking my 19 year old to her other friends as they were getting ready for their first ever camping trip, and remembering how, as a little girl I was cleaning berries with my Mom and my Grandma (who turns 101 this August sos ya know). I remember so clearly cleaning ‘one for the basket and one for me’. So much so that I started the same thing right there in the kitchen…… one for the basket and one for me…..such a lovely memory and nice reminder of a simpler time. And so many berries for me. There had better be a birthday party with hugs this year since Last year 100th was socially distant.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

HI everyone- just catching up. Left this thread for last today as it's always the longest read...

dh & I went to the garden center this morning and stocked up on a bunch of plants and then we spent the rest of the day planting. I'm so tired. Did some of Olive's agility lessons and took her for 2 walks too. I'm a bit under 10K steps today... so so tired now. I'm going to bed early. Hope I can get up tomorrow

• mara51506

I am happy because I was able to move up my 2nd vaccination shot from September to July 20 which makes me feel good. It is unfortunate timing because it is the day before Herceptin and a doctor visit but I will take Tylenol and Advil as those help me during cold season and drink a lot of water. I don't want to stay home since I have not seen the Dr. for 3 months and she will have CT scan results for me this month.

I know the second dose will not prevent getting the Delta variant of covid but it should keep me from getting really sick. I still intend to mask up in public forever as I really enjoy not being sick with a cold as well.

I am not doing too much, surveys and a game and also picking up some clothes I ordered have arrived. New pants and shirts in my current size. Looking forward to picking them up. Nice day, cooler weather too which I prefer.

• candy-678

Morning all.

Mara- Yes, I too see LFF sometimes, on another Thread, I forget which one. I do not follow the Brain Met Thread. I too will mask up forever. With the variants, and just the other illnesses we can catch. Cooler here too-- 78 today, low 80's tomorrow, then back to hot. I am ready for fall weather.

Today is local Lupron injection and Port Flush. Then just stuff around the house.

Hope all is ok.

• tanya_djamila

Morning all

Missed you guys for the past few Monday appts I was wrangling wild animals and spiderma

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

love the pic Tanya! We all could use super heroes!

Pocket duty reporting

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Great pics Tanya, I finally got to spend some time with Finn today and we have made plans for a sleepover at Nanna's for Saturday night. Well, time for bed, chemo in the morning, I hope you all have a good day.image

• mara51506

Tanya, they look like they are having a lot of fun with you. Enjoy.

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

It's vicious hot here today. Was out watering the raspberries. I don't do well in the heat. It flattens me. I was reading the posts and got to Mara's that said she was having her 2nd vacation shot and I thought, a vacation shot, I wonder what that is? How nice a vacation sounds. Wait..no...that does not say vacation shot. Jeez, heat scrambles my brain!

Tanya, those are some high energy super heroes you have there! They'll be leaping over tall buildings if you don't keep an eye on them.

Moth, don't know how you do all that walking in your humid environment! Hats off to you. 

Molliefish, Grandma is 101? Holy crackers!  Your story brought to mind a childhood moment. We lived in Alberta and our BC Grandparents would make a trip out each year with a truck load of fresh fruit that they'd pass to the various relatives. I remember pitting cherries with my Grandmother. Fresh, glossy, plump, bright red cherries, oh my god I ate so many! They were so good. But we rarely got fruit like that and I guess my stomach was not prepared for it because....later I wished I would die. Those cherries knocked me off my feet and onto the toilet for HOURS! It took years before I could eat a cherry and even now, a handful and that's it. One for the bowl and one for me would KILL me!

In pockets with all who have darker things on their minds and appointments to get to. Waving to my Micmel girl and everyone else. 

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Runor - When I was a kid I would go with my aunt to her mother's farm and pick raspberries fresh from the field to wash and put fresh (and I mean fresh, the cows were 100 yrds away in the barn) cream on top with a sprinkle of sugar. I am in no way related to this person (its my mom's sister in law) but that is one of my most favorite summer memories. Nothing has ever beaten the taste of those fresh raspberries and I will never forget how that kitchen smelled - like cosy farm. Both of my grandmothers died young and I never met either of them, so she was my stand-in grandma in a way (and was also a stand-in singer occasionally for a very popular barbershop quartet).

Hospital called at almost 9pm last night to ask if I could move my full spine check-up MRI from Wednesday afternoon to this morning at 830 am. First of the day for the MRI? Hell yes! Got that over and done with and back home by 10am. Fighting the desire to turn on the heat as its like early April temps and rain here now.

• tanya_djamila

sondra F great you got the MRI over with.

My results are Stable!!! Woohoo 🎉

Treatment is next week though faslodex shots but I did get blood work today.

Kittykat thanks for sharing Finn with us today. Boys are full of energy and vigor.
    Molliefish 100 years i hope you write down her stories.
    My nana always had a garden (as a child) we used to pick tomatoes and eat them outside with a shaker of salt 🧂. Never did it again since.

Tany