Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Runor,

You won’t believe it, but this giant pimple appeared this morning out of nowhere…yup, end of my nose. I look like a bald witch! Ok, not really, but I do deserve one.

Hope you have a good day all.

Big hugs from FL.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

runor, the image of you shooting an arrow into your own ass cracked me up. Someone needs to draw a cartoon of that one!

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,462

Tanya, how relaxing it must have been to have your DH rubbing your feet during the MRI. I wish I had someone do that so I could fall asleep faster in there myself.

Lovely day today. Walked this morning and picked up some burger patties at my burger joint, no buns. Trying out giving up white bread most often and using the lower glycemic carbs in the beans and beefless ground. Planning to grind up some beans and burgers together for a couple of meals and combine with some of the meatless. Partly, I need to use up a ton of gift cards I bought through surveys for said burger joint.

I also was invited to take part in a zoom focus group in one of my surveys yesterday. It was about an hour long and there were 8 of us and the moderator. Was really interesting because it was talking about addictive behaviour and how we feel our local, federal and provincial government handles it. I liked giving my perspective on it but the best part was that it paid 75.00 all for one hour of my time. Hope I can take part in more focus groups.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Its pouring rain here tonight and the heat will be breaking for tomorrow for a good ten days, thank god. Other Half was not feeling great today, I felt kinda woozy Monday, and a work friend called in sick yesterday after almost fainting twice and having upset stomach. We drink a lot of water and eat in a balanced way, but it can get to be a slog with day after day of soupy heat.

If we are talking religion and dreams and what happens in the beyond, I will share that a few weeks ago I had a very vivid dream - one of those you get when you go back to sleep for an hour or so after waking early. In my dream Alex Trebek was holding my hand and I asked him "is it bad?" and he said "no, its not bad at all". Then I asked if he would let me know when it was time, and he said not to worry, that he would come back and tell me but right now wasn't it. I asked him to promise, and he did, squeezed my hand and I woke up. Pretty sure it was my subconscious processing stuff after doing a lot of therapy lately, but I had the greatest sense of peace after that dream and its carried through since.

Would have been nice for it to have been oh i dont know, a dead beloved relative rather than a gameshow host, but hey ill take what I can get!

• booboo1

Sondra,

I’m not sure who will greet me at the gates, but I’m hoping for Charleton Heston (he’s a bit older, but who cares?) or some other handsome character. Isn’t the mind an awesome thing though? I wonder how often God visits us in our sleep? I know he uses dreams to communicate because there are many examples in the Bible.

I’m reading a really good book called “Imagine Heaven” (author John Burke). It’s about people who have had near-death experiences. I’ve only started it, but it’s hard to put down.

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

SondraF -  Alex Trebek!!  Well. If anyone in life more portrayed a steady, sensible, trustworthy person, I don't know who. I think when your soul is seeking assurance and the universe hands you Alex Trebek, you have solved your issue. Be thou not afraid. Alex says so. For the win!

BooBoo - karma, Baby! Karma!

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

Hi all, my appointment with my brain rads onc isn’t until next week but my MO reviewed Tuesdays MRI and said it’s stable with nothing new. I’ll take it and since radiation was only last month, I wasn’t expecting any significant tumor shrinking.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

yay, stable is good!

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Mae- Good news !!!!! I am glad.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

Mae - great news as we get ready to roll into the weekend! I'm sure it makes it a little easier to relax.

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

Hooray Mae!  

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Great news Mae.

• booboo1

Mae, awesome news. So happy for you.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 725

Mae - great news on stable! Enjoy your weekend

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 725

Taking hubs back for another cardio version today. Doc wants to make sure heart is set back onto correct pathways following his ablation 2 weeks ago. Something tells me this is his albatross like MBC is ours

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

that’s wonderful news Mae. Right into the weekend with. Sending you good thoughts from a far. Whhhhhhhooooooo hooooooo!

• micmel

goldens. Pocket duty for your DH!

• GoKale4320
    GoKale4320 Member Posts: 580

Congratulations, Mae! Great news!!

• micmel

I put away some laundry and sprayed a toilet. I broke out in a sweat. I’m so lame !

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

Mel- you crack me up! lol

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,462

I have sweat doing much less than that.

Mae, good news on the stable.

Goldens, throw me in DH pocket as well.

I am waiting for Amazon to deliver some stuff for the cats, food and some Urine Destroyer enzyme cleaner. I like to dilute it to a spray bottle and use it on clothes that don't need washing, when dry they just smell clean and of course spray down the litterbox so my apartment stays fresh. I also use it in my microfiber mop to refresh the floors. I am also walking indoors as it was raining quite a bit this morning. Once it clears up and I get my deliveries, I will head to the grocery store for a couple of things. Kind of a boring day but a good one, playing my DVD copy of Star Wars a Musical Journey as I love the music by John Williams.

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Oh my word, you guys crack me up. I think I was waiting for the drama to go down too but unlike Mae with the popcorn I'm more of the shrink back and hide in the blanket type. I'm popping in to say hello. Waiting on a call from a new manager. I applied to a different position in my hospital. I have had a horrific time this last run of shifts and am realizing that sometimes life just lets us know when we are ready to pivot and move in a new direction. I feel like I'm there. I will definitely fill in more details as I have them.

Frigging cancer though. Booboo1, like you, I don't think I am afraid of death. I've found that my thoughts are impulsive so I have my moments but I think the last three years I have come to a comfort zone with my faith and with death believing that death has ultimately lost, if not on this side of life then on the other side. I totally think dogs are in heaven! I've seen death come quietly and peacefully and I've seen those who go kicking and screaming to the very end. I'm not sure which one I'll be. I definitely plan to have some negotiations.

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

Illimae— congrats on stable!!!

• RosieRed
    RosieRed Member Posts: 209

My DH and I had the day off yesterday, so we took our boys to a quaint town that has a river walk. Took a picture of this blue heron that was waiting patiently to catch a fish.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Mae congrats on stable. Nice to hear good news.

Tany

• candy-678

Tanya- Did you have your MRI? Any news?

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Candy had MRI Tuesday. Onc appt this coming Tuesday. Thanks for asking. Always unsettled waiting.

Tany

• booboo1

Hi Tanya, Candy, Rosie,

I hope this Saturday is treating you well. We are getting days and days of rain here. I feel like a duck. Anyway, Tanya, I hope all went well with your MRI.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

In your pocket Tanya

Great pic Rosie

Hello to everyone, I hope you’re having a nice weekend. I’m good but wish one of my friends would have a pool party, sigh..

• candy-678

Sunday morning here. For some it will be Sunday night (Kittykat). Here is my list for this weeks pocket duty. Let me know of additions/changes and I will edit.

Tanya- MO Tuesday for MRI results

Sondra- MRI Wednesday

Moth- Scans Wednesday

Aprilgirl (Ibrance Thread)- Scans Friday

Me (Candy)- Scans Friday with results Monday the 28th

Katrose (Ibrance Thread)- PET before the end of the month, unsure of the date

Several are struggling with progression and treatment changes. I cannot keep up with those. I read several Stage 4 Threads on here and seems so many are struggling. I love you all.

Today pretty quiet around my house. Like it always is. Still not going to in-person church. Just concerned about the variants and the lack of mask wearing anymore. Plus I don't feel safe in crowds. I will do some things now (with a mask still) if there is not too many people. Just the "new normal" for me, I guess.

I check in here frequently.