Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Tanya- Woohoo for stable!!!!

I do remember going to the apple orchard with my mom and grandma. I would have been about 6 or 8 years old. Always seemed cold there. Of course, it was that time of year, apple time. And there was a cat roaming around the building. Of course I would remember that as I am a cat person and always has been.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Tanya,

Congrats girl! I am so happy for you. You keep on going so you can teach your grandkids some of the wisdom you have to share. God bless.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

My memories of my Nanna are so different, she lived in a flat right on the beach, she was a seamstress and made beautiful wedding gowns for brides from a photo from a magazine, my memories are summer holidays spent at the beach with all my cousins and watching yards of cloth being turned into brides dreams.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Cheering your stable results, Tanya! Yahooo!! 👍👍👍👍👍

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Candy, it's been said but I also appreciate that you keep us up to date with scans. I'm struggling this week with the effects of the exemestane. Researching options but hesitant to change anything as I have been so stable on it and the Verzenio. Pain is still hindering my movement so I swam today since it's 101 with 25% humidity. I can do the heat but the humidity is melting me. It felt good to swim. I am just so tired of painful stiffness. I have an appointment with my MO on the 29th and may ask about options for that or if I just need to suck it up, take my ibuprofen and carry on. I decided I'm over it with the hair falling out too. I made an appointment to have it cut as short as I can without looking like a buzz cut. I have bald patches on top now and I just want something easy that I can put a hat or a beanie on and not have to fight with it or feel embarrassed about leaving the house. I don't think my long curls are coming back so I am ready to just go for efficient. There are bigger fish to fry in the day than worrying about my hair. And then I am irritated with myself for being so concerned with things like this. On this board there are so many bigger concerns and struggles. I try to keep that in mind. I just have the biggest heart for all of you and what we go through with this disease. I am grateful to Mel for hosting us on her couch and giving us a place to vent, no matter how big or small the frustration.

I made a brown sugar pound cake with pecans and toffee bits and topped it with a caramel drizzle for my dad on Sunday. It was slightly overbaked but good and everyone enjoyed it. If I could I'd share a slice with you all. Sometimes it's just the kind of day that needs a little pound cake and ice cream.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

Tanya, yay for stable!

So, we caught our first glimpse of the blue heron chicks nestled in the tree in our front yard. It’s difficult to see but I’ve identified two, which is the number of egg shells we found a few weeks ago. #2 was walking around and flapping its wings today.

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625

Sorry that I cannot stay up with this thread. There is so much activity and I am busy and tired. I am glad that there is so much activity in Mel's living room but sad that some of you have faced progression, loss of pets and other issues. You are all in my thoughts and my prayers. I appreciate Candy keeping us up to date on scans as I can't keep it all straight. We just completed our wheat harvest in addition to our other jobs. One of my horses has been in recovery for two weeks and I have to doctor him every day. I am tired but thankful for the things that I can do and keep trying to gain as much back physically as I can or try to think of ways to accomplish tasks in a different manner.

Here's a quote I really like:

• GG27
    GG27 Member Posts: 1,308

Rosie24,

I can't believe a photo of 3 S2000's! So many people think it's a Miata. Best buying decision ever.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Thanks everyone.

Kittykat Such vivid memories of wedding dresses and family gatherings.

GG that car and you look fabulous.

Thanks Booboo you are always so kind.

Candy apple orchards in the cold autumn and cats that’s how it is in the north. Hot apple cider 🍺 only in the fall.

Mae those chick horns are visible in the tree. The nature surrounding you is amazing.

Emac I would love a slice of your brown sugar pound cake with toffee bits and pecans, thank you and pass the tea.

Cowgal you’re harvesting wheat 🌾 wow. That seems like tough but satisfying work.

Take care all

Tany

• Lee64
    Lee64 Member Posts: 113

Hi to everyone. I have been trying to catch up on this thread; I've been in the hospital since last Fri. I had terrible nausea and loss of appetite at the beginning of the week and just kept getting weaker so finally called and they wanted me to go to the ER. My sodium was so low in the danger area that they admitted me. I was given IV fluids, had a CT without contrast, was hooked up to a heart monitor, and had blood draws every 4 hrs. while they tried to get the sodium level to come up. My weight had dropped to 97 lbs. Finally on Mon. things started to turn around and this afternoon I got to come home. They took me off lasix, lexipro, and potassium. I have to have labs done this Thurs. and then on Monday I have labs again, my fasoldex shots (?) and my reg. 3 mon. CT with contrast. Tues. I have MO consult and hopefully will start my 19th cycle of Ibrance if all goes well. I am feeling very weak and sure would appreciate your pocket duty. Scans are scary enough without this extra crap.

Thinking of all of you with your own struggles. This is so hard.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

congratulations Tanya! I’m thrilled I think of you all often. Don’t worry about keeping up. Come and share and let us know how you’re doing that day. Candy is just very good at keeping up with the goings on in here. We love her for that. So good to see all You posting. It’s goood we have each other. The room may be busy. But it just means more goodness caring for us sisters.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

Tanya - yay for stable!

Mae - cool that you have that nest so close!

Lee, sorry to hear you've been in hospital, but glad you seem to be on the mend. You're right, scans are hard enough without the extra crap. Hugs.

Fun pictures of cool cars and stories of youthful memories this week. :)

I'm standing in the middle of Mel's (huge) living room, turning in circles and waving to everyone - those up front, and those further back just taking it all in.

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

Tanya - woot!  woot! on stable scans!

Lee - in your pocket. I hear the tired and hope that some time at home in your own bed fixes you up. 

Cowgal - Reba Rules!

• kittykat9876

Lee, sorry you've been so unwell, hopefully you're on the mend now and will continue to get stronger now that you're back home.

Congrats on stable Tanya and reporting for pocket duty for whoever needs it.

I've just come from the optometrist, cancer just keeps on giving, now I've developed cataracts from the steroids and need them removed asap.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

GG, Your look fabulous with your S2000! I’m glad you’re enjoying it too.

Lee, Sorry about the need for a hospital stay, but glad you’re improving. I’m in for pocket duty for your Monday scan and the MO appt where hopefully you get a great report. Is your appetite coming back after the hospital treatments?

Kitty, Now cataracts! Ugh, but glad they can be dealt with.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 725

Tanya - stable is awesome!

Some new faces in the living room today. Nice to meet you all!

Love the grandma stories. I don’t have too many fond memories of either grandmas. My paternal one lived 90 minutes away and had a debilitating stroke when I was young. My maternal grandparents immigrated from Lithuania and did not speak much English. I was always bored when we went there as they always spoke their native tongue with my mom. But she had a teeny porcelain cup and saucer for me so I could have a few sips of coffee with cake. I do remember the jar of pigs feet in gelatin. It grossed me outLoopy

Kitty -thankfully cataracts are a quick procedure and recovery. Best of luck. I remember when my dad had his done in 1971, he was flat on his back in the hospital for a week!

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Morning all. I am reading your posts and seeing your pics. Mel's Living Room was hopping the last few hours !!! That is good. Thinking of you all and praying for the best outcomes in all your situations.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Emac,

I’m sorry you are struggling with hair loss and pain. And your place in the MBC queue is every bit as important as what any of us go through. It’s your journey, and good or bad, you should feel good about posting what’s on your mind.

I remember the first time I lost my hair….I was sort of fascinated by it all. Got the wig…such a fuss. Then I lost it a second and then third time, and I have ditched the wig and wear several different ball caps. I truly admire you, Emac, for continuing to work through your treatment. I don’t know how you do it, but I think it’s great.

Take care

• kittykat9876

Yes, I'm glad it's one thing that's an easy fix.

• micmel

Good Morning Ladies~ I'm sorry emac you're dealing with hair loss. That was the hardest part for me. Gently patting your back.

Kitty~ oh no! Nooooooo! I'm so sorry.

Those cars are pretty cool. My son would have liked that! Nice to see everyone's families and in person. GG Beautiful lady!

Hello goldens. Rosie, SeeQ , Tanya~~~~~congrats ! Dodgersgirl, BooBoo…..hugs. Candy..Mara…SoNdra..runor my girl! Lee~ good to see you

Pots,Minnie,stillivin, I write, jensgothis,

Anyone. Else I'll be back!

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

I'm off for scans today...hopefully the port access will be smooth. My port has been finicky the last couple months

Hoping we get out of there early enough to go grab more strawberries from the farm...the June crop is almost over and they're sometimes out by end of the day.

• micmel

my port has been persnickety as well! What’s up with that?

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

Oh & on a sad note, two of my twitter MBC chums died recently & another person with a different cancer is going into hospice today. Mets cancer social media is a mix of hope, advice, trial info, and endless deaths, sometimes very rapid. I sometimes wonder if it's better to drop out of online stuff. I'd miss so much good stuff but otoh, I'd also avoid the shitty things.

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

Moth, I am sorry to hear this. These connections are a blessing that comes with pain.

• micmel

I’m so sorry moth. You get used to your peeps. I know. So sorr

• kittykat9876

Gotta love dexamethasone, lol, I've been up since 4am vacuuming the sofa, washing the floors and also 2 loads of washing, I see a crash and burn in my not too distant future.

• RosieRed
    RosieRed Member Posts: 209

moth & Micmel - add me to the list of finicky ports. Last time I had to lay back and stretch and yawn to get it to work.

Hair thinning big time here too. It stinks.

I’m in anyone’s pocket who needs me (with Nestle Crunch bars).

• micmel

Kitty~ will be doing zoomies soon coming down off that adderall. Glad you got your stuff done.

Rosie red, I always have to play flash dance in the chair to get it to work. Can be annoying for sure. Just want to get done and go!

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,462

The only bit of an issue I have with my port is it turned to the side a little bit which tends to throw people off. Only had to be given the drug to make the port return blood once in almost 6 years so that is not bad.

• micmel

clot buster. It has a real name I just forget it now. My bad memory anymore.!! Cathflo. Is the name. Sometimes

You have to sit for 40 mins