Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

Mara,  your humidity is much worse than ours, and that makes the heat feel like drowning in a hot tub. Here on the coast the increased humidity makes this kind of heat killer. No one is getting any sleep. I don't know how Hub manages wearing a hard hat, high viz vest, steel toe boots and working in a sawmill. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they haven't shut it the hell down. Guys are dropping like flies out there! Even animals can't cope. One of my hens died of heat stroke yesterday despite the fact that I hosed down their pen to provide cooling mud, which wasn't mud for very long. (not that chickens raelly enjoy mud, but it still acts to cool them a bit)    Mara, find some mud!

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,462

Runor, I hope your husband's sawmill is giving heat breaks and I still hope your heat abates soon. I am sorry about the hen as well.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

Scan results likely tomorrow but all went well today, although the CT people were delayed by about an hour and I was hungry, grrr. DH is making me fried chicken and mashed potatoes while I sit back and do nothing this evening. Tomorrow a couple friends come by to help move some big and heavy items downstairs and off to storage, I will politely supervise.

Cooling vibes to those of you dealing with the heat.

• Lee64
    Lee64 Member Posts: 113

HI all. Just checking in after coming home from hospital last Tues. I was scheduled to have my 3 mon. scan of chest, abdomen, and pelvis as well as labs and falsoldex injection yesterday. Last Fri. night my MO called and said he was cancelling labs and CT scan for Mon. but I should still get my injection. So I went and got the fasoldex and was nearly out the clinic door when I get a message saying to go back to lab, they want a blood draw! The topper is my MO called today and asked who cancelled the scan. I told him that he did and told me that on Fri. I was thoroughly confused! Anyway his thinking is that a scan was done in the hospital but no contrast and only pelvis and abdomen. It did show slight enlargement of my left pleural effusion and he's not sure the Ibrance is working anymore. I believe he used the word "progression". Now he is going to order a chest CT. I don't know what to think of all this. I've had the pleural effusion drained about a yr. ago, why can't that be done again and I never dreamed it had anything to do with progression. If anyone can offer any insight on this, I would certainly appreciate your thoughts. My labs and tumor markers are all good.

Then to top that off, I ordered my Ibrance 2 weeks ago and it still hadn't arrived. Called to check and they said they never got the order and that I shouldn't use the automated system that answers, I should talk to a live person. If their damned system doesn't work or is not dependable, why the hell do they have it. They said they would "overnite" it, but I didn't get it today.

Sorry this is so long but I am so frustrated!

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

Lee~I don’t blame you for being frustrated, it’s irritating enough having to deal with this stuff. Glad you’re home. Hope you’re feeling better.

Reporting for pocket duty. Another gross hot day outside.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

friends, it's Stable Mabel here!!!!

So unexpected as last scan 8 wks ago there were new areas of concern and I was given choice then of wait another 8 weeks or switch tx right away. I chose to wait...went into the appt with flowcharts of what treatments to do next and instead was told CT is fine, everything is considered stable! I'm pretty stoked!

hugs everyone and celebratory cupcakes (imaginary cupcakes. I can't turn my oven yet. Still too hot lol)

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,561

GREAT news, moth!!!

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Thats great news Moth, yay !

• GoKale4320
    GoKale4320 Member Posts: 580

Moth- Fantastic news!!

• micmel

congratulations Moth! That’s the way to do it!! 😄💐💐

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Moth that is a nice nickname for us all, stable Mabel. Fantastic news.

Stay cool.

Tanya

• micmel

welcome to the room kale. Nice to see you . Hope you’re well.

• mara51506

Great news to hear Moth, stable is always good.

• RosieRed
    RosieRed Member Posts: 209

Yay, moth!!

• illimae

Yay Moth!

I’m joining the celebration with a slice of Banana bread and some apple cobbler. DH made excellent use of some fruit that was not going to last very long.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Yay Moth! Great news, glad the flowcharts weren’t needed! 😊

• illimae

No results for me yet, probably tomorrow. Trial doc who technically ordered them says they’re sometimes delayed a bit when the “follow up” occurs before the scans, which was the poor scheduling in this case. He said he believes all should be good and I’m ok to wait a bit longer but I did remind him that the patient perspective is usually that they’re delayed trying to figure out how the break bad news.

In other news, our houseguests (HG) starling he found soon after it hatched and has cared for passed last night. No idea why, just didn’t want to fly or eat, then died. HG is ok but is feeling the loss hard. He even bought a special fly cage, joined a starling Facebook group and biked home on his lunch breaks to feed it, I feel so bad for him :(

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Moth- I posted on another Thread, but Stable Mable deserves another WOOHOO!!!!

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Woohoo, Moth!

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Way to go, Moth! I also just had my CT and Nuc Med bone scans. Basically stable. There were a few things mentioned and I'm not sure what they mean:

Here's how the CT report read:

There is minimal atelectasis at the right lung base. There is no pleural effusion.
    There is a slight increased prominence of a left subpectoral lymph gland.
    Subcentimeter thyroid nodules again noted.

When I asked Dr. Google (I know, my bad) about the atelectasis, I read that it has to do with a collapsed lung. Don't know what to think about that. I have no SOB and my O2 sats are fine. My MO said that everything looked stable, so I guess we'll just wait and see.

It's a big relief. I heard back about the CT scan almost right away, but not about the bone scan. I was kind of freaking out about that because when I looked at the monitor during the bone scan, I saw a big white patch in the area of my left hip. but apparently, that's nothing new and hasn't shown major progression.

Anyway, it's all good news and I'm glad to know that the current treatment seems to be working.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Sunshine- Stable Woohoo !!!!

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Sounds good, Sunshine! I had “atelectasis” show up on one of my reports too and MO and PCP said they weren’t concerned. I too looked it up and was a little alarmed but forgot about it when the docs weren’t worried.

• GG27
    GG27 Member Posts: 1,308

Moth, that is fantastic news!!

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

Moth—. Such great news! Congrats on “stable

• illimae

Yay Sunshine! Congrats on stable :)

• micmel

sunshine. Yay yay stable. Congrats 🍾

Good deal with the good news today for the living room we should toast and. Be thankful. You ladies are important.

Mae~you and your food lol now I’m hungry for banana bread

• mara51506

Sunshine, glad you are stable. Happy dance going on here.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

Yay for sunshine and moth! Stable is great!

Mae - yum for homemade banana bread. I have three ripe bananas in the freezer, so I might just have to make some... with dark chocolate chips and walnuts. Yum.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 725

Stable - the word we all hope to hear. Rejoicing with all in this living room🎉🎉🎉

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Sunshine, I hope you stay stable for a good long time.

I'm having another blood transfusion tomorrow, hopefully it will give me back some energy.