Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

None taken, Elderberry, Aussie Rules is a very fast paced game but Rugby Union is the toughest game I've ever seen played by far. I'm with you about our beer and Timtams, they are the best. Thinking of you always Candy, I hope there will be a solution that can accommodate both your and your sister's needs.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Cross posted with the Liver Met Thread----

Got a call from my MO today. PET results in. I cannot see them yet on the patient portal, probably show up next week. Anyway, bones quiet. Uptake in the liver (where the tumors are) and also interestingly in my thyroid. I have a thyroid nodule. Biopsied in 2015 and 2016 and benign back then. She said we need to look into this, but not right now.

She wants me to have Y90, but we talked about my sisters' situation.

She is putting me on a PARP, Lynparza, to act as a "bridge", her words. Then, when my family situation eases (sister passes) then she wants me to do the Y90.

I am off Ibrance starting now to raise my counts and we need to do the insurance thing for the new med. The office will be in contact with me about when I am starting Lynparza.

I am ok with this plan.

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625

Mae - I got my Bug A Salt probably five years ago and I believe it is what they consider the 3.0 model. If my assumption is correct, the 2.5 version was what they considered the "house" model and the 3.0 was the "yard and garden" model since it had more force then the 2.5. I use regular table salt in mine and once I empty out the current salt, it said if you use larger particle salt then it has more power. I use mine in the house and outside and it kills a fly with one shot. Spiders and grasshoppers usually take two shots with the first one injuring them and the second shot finishing them off. I will have to see how the larger salt improves that. I like that you have some distance between you and the insect so that they are less likely to move away like they do if you have a fly swatter or are trying to get them with your shoe. The Shred-er model looks like it could work on scorpions, roaches, etc. but I have not used one. I don't have the extra laser siting gizmo on mine but I think it is pretty darn accurate without it.

Candy - What can I say but that I send a hug your way and continued prayers.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,461

Wow, we don't have that on my Amazon.ca. I use my cordless vacuum and suck them up. I usually keep it sealed up as well with a bag and elastic on the end until it needs emptying or to be used. Only bug I cannot do that with of course is the stink bug which I pick up and flush down the toilet.

Candy, I am glad you are OK with the plan being put in place and glad you are not being pressured. All effort besides for your health needs, also are needed with your sister and you could not have done that with the Y90 I am sure. Thinking of you both.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

I’m going to pop in to a retirement party for a former coworker in my department next week and while discussing it with my “work husband”, I mentioned I’ll be leaving early if it gets crowded. He suggested I bring a bottle of wine in my car and if it gets too peopley, we can go drink in a nearby park. Lol, I busted out laughing, what are we 15? Not a terrible idea though. He has the same birthday as DH and a similar sense of humor. Can you see me getting arrested for drunk in public, ha!

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

Mae~No I cannot.

Candy~ I’m glad you have found a plan you’re comfortable with. I am thinking of you so much. Love to you and your sister.

BooBoo~ hi sweetheart you’re in my thoughts.

Kitty~ hello hope you’re doing ok.

Tanya~ hi sweet one. Just a shout out to you.

To everyone. Who is having a hard time right now. You’re not alone. Wether it be emotional or physical and of course both. You have others here that are trying every day to keep it together. Anxiety is a powerful awful thing to feel daily. Some people bring that feeing to your life. I am starting to really not enjoy that feeling. I don’t even know where to begin to lessen the anxiety, it’s a major relationship in my life. Some people don’t take criticism very well. Going to be a challenge when someone thinks they know everything there is. Makes it rough. Wish me luck.

Pocket duty early Monday if needed. Sorry for all the hard time we are having.

Waving to Mara. Hello sunshine. Emac. SeeQ, Karen, cowgal, elderberry. Hugs to you all

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

Mae - hehehe - yes, I can, but don't do it ! ...get arrested, that is...I'm all for sharing the bottle of wine in the park.

Mel, I wish I could take your anxiety away.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Mel,

I take Zoloft every day to ward off the ugly anxiety. Works really well for me. You are so sweet to give me a shout-out. I’m doing really well. Gotta say I don’t miss the poison running through my system. It takes a long time though for my body for expel that stuff. Anyway, I am looking forward to a visit tomorrow from our very own Tanya. What a sweet woman. I can’t wait to see her again. We’ll report back in and maybe even have a picture to show.

I am so blessed with the friendships I have made on this site, and we have you to thank Mel for starting it all. Big love to you.

• booboo1

Candy,

You have been on my mind and my heart. You will never regret what you are doing for your sister. It’s interesting that you now know both perspectives: the caregiver and the patient. Neither is fun, but is so important. May God bless you through this difficult time. I think your plan sounds good. I’ll continue to pray for peace and comfort for both of you.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 724

Friends - thinking of all of you! Candy - seems like you are in a better place now that a plan is mapped out. Continued prayers for you and your sister. I miss my brother so much (only sib who passed in mid-June). I find myself talking to him frequently. Laurie - keeping you in prayer as well. Mae - just be careful (I know you will!). Wine under a tree sounds nice🍷🍷. Mara - have you ever thought of offering dog walking services? You can be picky about breed, size, etc. I bet there are some pet parents who would appreciate the service (plus some extra income!).

As for me, saw my Ortho yesterday for severe bilateral knee pain. No surprise that I’m bone on bone🙄. Opted for hylauronic gel injections every week for 3 weeks. Offers more long lasting pain relief than steroids and given my recent covid experience, should avoid steroids for now.

Hello to everyone else - hope the weekend is pleasurable and uneventful! 🙌🏻🙌🏻

• RosieRed
    RosieRed Member Posts: 209

PET scan for me this morning. :(

• micmel

pocket duty for Rosie.

Goldens ouch!

• mara51506

I had not thought about dog walking, I will look into it for sure though.

• mara51506

Laurie, still thinking of you and loving your insight, hope the visit with Tanya happens soon.

Candy, my thoughts are with you and your sister everyday. Lending my strength, hoping you feel it.

Rosie in your pocket for the pet scan.

• micmel

BooBoo~Have a great time seeing Tanya again. Please give her a hug for me. I think it’s wonderful.

• RosieRed
    RosieRed Member Posts: 209

Thanks for all of the love this morning. Felt so much calmer during the scan knowing you were with me. 🙂

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063

Candy, I have been following your story. Bless you for caring for your sister when you yourself are going through so much. I have to deal with a family situation right now, and it's so stressful and exhausting to do these things when we are dealing with mbc. I was thinking about how to balance it all, and the cancer center therapist reminded me "You matter too."

Booboo, thank you so much for sharing with us.

• candy-678

Thank you ladies for caring so much. This is truly a wonderful group of ladies. Well, Friday afternoon I got the Covid booster. By Friday night I had a fever. 24 hours of a fever as high as 103.1. Good grief. Now, Sunday morning and I am on the mend. Good grief.

Mel- Heart Hugs from here.

Goldens- Hope the injections help with your pain.

Rosie- Pocket duty for PET results.

Boo- Hope you and Tanya have a good visit.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Candy.....Which vaccine did you have? How did your first two dose go for you? I get my booster Wednesday. My 1st dose was uneventful. 12 hours after the second I had muscle aches, fatigue, and a fever of 101. I wonder what will happen after the booster.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Happy Sunday

Ventured out to visit with Laurie and Teddy. Had a lovely visit.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

*waves to both* hi you two fab ladies!

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Dutchiris booster shot had strong se’s (moderna). Maybe a day and a half. I got I fever 101.6 but Tylenol knocked it down. Everything similar to what Candy described. Once the time passed I felt nothing (except a whole lot safer).

Tany

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

looks like a fun visit, hello ladies!

• mara51506

Waving to both Tanya and Laurie, glad you got to visit each other!

• candy-678

Dutchiris- I got the Moderna. My last one was 6 months ago. I know they are saying get the booster 8 months after the 2nd one, but I went ahead and got it since I am immunocompromised on Ibrance. My first one was just a sore arm. 2nd one was a fever, as high as 102, for 36 hours. This 3rd one the worst for side effects-- temp up to 103 yesterday and 100.7 today. I just wonder if I get Covid how will I handle it ?! Asymptomatic? I would think not. Not with such a reaction to just the vaccine. Good grief.

Tanya and Booboo- Great pic.

• booboo1

Once again, we didn’t have one pause in the conversation from the time Tanya arrived until she left. I feel like we have been friends for years. I’d probably feel the same with any of you. It is just so good to talk to someone who really, truly understands. And oh we also both like to laugh, so lots of that!

Tanya, I look forward to our next gabfest!

Hugs my friend,

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Candy - I was thinking about getting the booster also. I see my new MO on Tuesday and will ask. I had my second Pfizer dose in February so I'm about due also. I am also glad you have a plan you are comfortable with.

Mae- glad the bite is better. We had brown recluses in Arizona when I lived there. I don't miss them.

Mara - I too am very impressed with your walking. I am hoping to do more once I get my leg checked out and the smoke here clears a bit.

BooBoo - So glad you had a good visit.

• candy-678

Well the plot thickens. I have not been able to go visit my sister in the Nursing Home this weekend due to my fever and ickies from the Covid booster. I called her today. She told me she felt sick and vomited 3 times last night and had diarrhea. They are giving her a daily stool softener due to the pain meds. I asked the nurse to hold them. Then the nurse told me something is going around--- GI stuff. Now, I don't know if my sister's system is just messed up-- pain meds, something she ate, stool softeners-- but if she has something that is going around !!!! What do I do??!! I was going to visit her again tomorrow (if my fever is gone, been 100.7 today). Do I chance catching something? I am getting ready to change cancer meds. My white counts are low from the Ibrance and Lynparza lowers counts too. I do not want to sacrifice my health. What do I do??

• mara51506

The walking is good but and I am hoping to hit 2000 steps a few times a week but am adjusting my way of doing it. Inside more when hot and wait until it is cooler outside before doing it again.

• micmel

BooBoo~ and Tanya~ fabulous pic of my two sisters. I'm so jealous. But thrilled you guys got to meet again. Theses relationships are important and should be made whenever possible. Hugs to you both. candy~ damn girl you can't catch a break. I'm pulling for you. Hope your sis gets her meds back on track. My second covid shot I was sick sick. Four days. No fever though. Only aches sweats headache. Chills. No fun. I am not welcoming the booster at all not even sure I want it. Hugs to you ladies.