Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

oh Candy~ I’m so sorry, it’s heartbreaking. You’re such a goodGood sister. She knew you loved her, I’m thinking of you holding your hand. Dearly sorry.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

I'm so sorry, Candy. Her life most definitely mattered. RIP Susan.

• RosieRed
    RosieRed Member Posts: 209

Candy - I’m so sorry about Susan. It’s so hard to lose a sibling. My prayers are with you at this time.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Candy, I'm very sorry for your loss of your sister, Susan. 💕

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071

Candy, I am sorry for your loss of your sister. Susan did matter. Her life mattered. Your love for each other mattered. No words can heal the pain that you are feeling right now. Life can be so hard, and losing a loved one is one of the most difficult experiences we go through. Remember the good times you had with Susan, and let those memories bring light back into your life.

I am praying for peace and comfort for you and your family.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 798

Candy, I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. Susan's life mattered and you have been a wonderful sister and support for her. May her memory be a blessing. Love and prayers to you and all who loved Susan.

• Lee64
    Lee64 Member Posts: 113

Candy, I'm so sorry to hear of your sister's death. Praying for comfort and strength for you and your family.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,044

Candy,

May God comfort you on the loss of Susan. I trust now that she is free from pain and fully healed. I hope that she is reunited with your mother, as her visions suggested. My heart aches for you as you mourn this loss.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Candy, I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister Susan, please accept my deepest condolences.

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,311

Very sad to hear the news of Susan's death. You are a loving sister, and that matters. Good sisters are a true blessing of life and I am glad you both have had that blessing.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,313

Candy - So sorry about Susan's death. Holding you in my thoughts.

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698

I'm so very sorry to hear of your sister's passing, Candy. Would you like me to ask the Moderators to add her to the "In Memorium" list?

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 724

Dear Candy - May the angels sing your beloved sister, Susan, into Heaven. Peace to you as you move into a world without her. HUGS

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,461

Candy, I am sorry about Susan for you and your family. Sending my deepest sympathies for you and your family.

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719

Candy deepest sympathy.💔.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

Candy - I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister, Susan. Praying for peace and comfort for you and your family.

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

Candy— joining the chorus here: sorry for your loss of your sister, Susan. Sending you virtual hugs along with prayers.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Trishyla- That would be nice for her to be added to the memorial list, as she died of MBC. Bone (lytic lesions on spine on CT) that we know of, and suspect brain mets. ER-/PR-/HER2+.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341

Candy,

Sincerest sympathy on the loss of your sister.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

candy sorry for the loss of your sister Susan. May God comfort you and your family.

Tany

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Candy, my heart hurts for you. I'm so very sorry.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Amanda (Candy),

I’m thinking of you, my friend, and praying that the memories of the good times with Susan will sustain you.

A limb has fallen from the family tree.
    I keep hearing a voice that says, "Grieve not for me.”

Remember the best times, the laughter, the song.
    The good life I lived while I was strong.

Continue my heritage, I'm counting on you.
    Keep smiling and surely the sun will shine through.

My mind is at ease, my soul is at rest.
    Remembering all, how I truly was blessed.

Continue traditions, no matter how small.
    Go on with your life, don't worry at all.

I miss you all dearly, so keep up your chin.
    Until the day comes we're together again.

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698

I've asked that Susan be added to the In Memorium list, Candy. She is now a part of our community forever.

Sending gentle hugs as you deal with this terrible loss.

Trish

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063

Candy, sending my sympathy and love to you during this sad time of losing your sister Susan. I admire how you looked after her by visiting and calling in spite of the fear and exhaustion, and have no doubt she felt your love.

• movingsoccermom
    movingsoccermom Member Posts: 164

Candy, I am so very sorry to hear about your sister. My heart aches with you.

Moving

• movingsoccermom
    movingsoccermom Member Posts: 164

Hello everyone. I had never planned to be offline for this long. Unfortunately the study I started in February (Copanlisib/Verzenio/Faslodex) turned into an unmitigated disaster. The Copan threw me into hyperglycemia, managed only with insulin. As time went on, I developed allergies to the first two agents, culminating in interstitial pneumonitis. I was hospitalized and it was a near run thing for a bit. It was treated with massive doses of prednisone, which took 4 months in total. Because of the reactions I was only on Faslodex for that period, and the cancer exploded; now in multiple bones, an adrenal gland and the mediastinal nodes are crushing my airways. Adding insult to injury I had an allergic reaction to the contrast for my CT scan last week (rolling eyes). I start Abraxane 13 September, and am being fitted for a cold cap 30 August. I am also ordering cold mitts/socks as well. So much for just a chronic condition.

I think of you all often despite not posting.

Best wishes.

Moving

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

Movingsoccermom, wow, that’s a lot to handle, I’m sorry it got so rough. Just way to say that I have so much respect for participating in trials/studies. Personally, I found abraxane tolerable and very effective, I wish you well.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Movingsoccer thanks for checking in. You’ve been having a terrible trial I hope things improve with new treatment. There’s a live zoom group on Mondays at 2:00. I think there was another lady on there that had undergone a trial. So sorry this happened sending hugs

Tanya

• RosieRed
    RosieRed Member Posts: 209

In the Fall my DH and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary. I want to travel with him somewhere special (possibly outside the USA)to celebrate this milestone, but I am nervous about it. I’m about to start Afinitor and exemestane this week after Ibrance & Faslodex failed. So I don’t know at this moment how it will effect me. From the speech I got from the nurse, there are quite a few common SEs to manage on the Afinitor side.

Any tips on how to travel while dealing with stage IV cancer?

• jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 673

Dear Candy, I’m so sorry your sister has passed. It was very touching to see how much you cared for her, my heart goes out to you.

When I read your post about wanting some fun, I wondered whether you might have interest in attending a BC retreat like Mary’s By the Sea or another. They offer a free get away and are taking special COVID precautions. I’d love to see you go on one in a few months. I’m sure friends here know of others.