Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

I hope everyone remained safe through this storm. She came barreling through yesterday flooding our town out pretty good. Hope everyone is safe who was in the path of the storm. It rained all day and night trees down roads closed. Wires down. It’s vicious…..

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,954

Mel, I’m glad to know you’re safe. My brother in Connecticut said downtown by him was flooded as well. I hope your town can recover quickly. It’s been one of those years where the northeast keeps getting hammered.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,461

Pocket duty for all who need it.

Taking it easy on the walking today, decided to go through my various portable washers. Opened one of them up to see if the belt came off but no such luck, taking it out to the back to be recycled. Not buying anymore portable washing machines. Using a 5 gallon bucket and a washing wand. My spin dryers still work and the main dryer functions too. Selling the clip on bucket washers on facebook, too loud and messy, don't need water splashing near the outlet on the floor. Maybe my arms will get some tone while agitating the laundry who knows.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

I totally get the "need" to check the blood count numbers. I track mine on an Excel spreadsheet. I like to see the trends, etc., and to know if something is really out of whack.

To all who are in the "crazy weather" zone, please stay safe. The reports are just wild. Wildfires, drought, floods... Enough, already.

Carol

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071

Candy and Mel, Thank you for the pocket duty. Believe it or not, the results for the Abdomen/Pelvis scans were posted to the Patient Portal when I arrived home a half hour after scans. The results for the chest were posted an hour later. That is faster than ever before. In my uneducated mind, things seem to be stable. I have a few things to discuss with my MO on Wednesday, but I think I will be able to continue on Halaven. Abdominal scans mention cirrhosis or pseudocirrhosis. Cirrhosis seems unlikely since I don't drink alcohol and never have (boring, I know) pseudocirrhosis can be caused by chemo, but when I looked it up it mentioned that average survival is three months and jaundice is common. Since whatever it is unchanged from last scan, and I do not have jaundice or any other symptoms, I think I can rule it out. It is probably just fatty liver. I think my increased neuropathy rather than scans could threaten my time on current treatment.

Thanks again for thinking of me. I will let you know if I learn anything new on Wednesday.

Hugs andprayers from, lynn

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

50s girl, yipppee for stable & such speedy results!!

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

50’s, congrats on stable 🎉

Thinking of you all dealing with flooding. I saw some pics of the NY area, crazy what the rain did.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

annoying day for me guys! My port didn't behave, they stabbed it twice but no go. They put in the clot buster med but in the meantime I said, let's start a peripheral IV instead so we can get the chemo started. The IV took two tries also but finally got it running. I hung around there for 2 extra hours after chemo to see if the port would open up but nope. They injected more clot buster meds & I have to go back tomorrow to see if it finally works.

It wasn't a big deal all in all but just sucked up so much time. I'm glad I got my walk in this morning & I even did some agility with Olive before leaving... it's a beautiful day so bummer I didn't get to spend more of it doing fun stuff. Oh well, minor stuff in the big scheme of things.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

Moth, I’m sorry, that is a really rough day. Arm IV’s are so painful to me, I couldn’t imagine dealing with it for an entire chemo session, yikes. I hope it starts acting right again.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

moth: my sympathies. I am so glad my port has been problem free, other than itching sometimes and sticking out through thin fabrics. I would hate to have to use a vein in my arms, although my veins are so visible I can't image any difficulties using them But, dammit, there went your day. It was a lovely day too. Tomorrow will be better.

• micmel

I can't live without my port either and it does get persnickety! I have to have the clot buster once in a while also. Next week I have bloodwork coming and xgeva. Such fun. How did I ever get on this ride. I never bought a ticket. That I'm sure of. lynne 😄🎊😃stable. Glad to hear it.

• mara51506

50s girl, I am so happy to hear you are stable, that is wonderful.

Moth, sorry you got waylaid by your port but glad you were able to get out. The weather is finally nice here too, like someone turned off the gross humidity. Going to take advantage.

I did not do much but laundry today, was really super tired by the Herceptin yesterday. Laundry was tiring too as I was using one of my washing wands. Good workout for the arms but tiring none the less. Must say, works as well as a machine and more gentle on my clothes too.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

50sgirl, yay for stable!

Moth - boo for losing sunny summer hours to a persnickety port.

Sunshine - I ,too, spreadsheet my lab results... and color code them. :-o

Nothing exciting here. Regular dental visit (oh joy) and trying to work out the last details on the house deal.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Hi everyone

I love reading the posts and seeing such love and support here. ❤ you ladies are simply amazing.

I have so much on my heart and mind but it's 430 in the morning and I'm half asleep. Lol

Hugs and thanks for lifting my spirits.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

50'sgirl- Woohoo on stable.

Moth- Yuck on the port issues. I have a port, but we just flush it monthly. I do labs peripheral because I have good veins in my right arm (left saved due to mastectomy). But I have the port when/if I need chemo. I wish they would take it out now, but they say NO.

• micmel

there is no way I could get my port out. I would get the big no also. I have no veins left. Even my hands are toast.

Reporting for any pocket duty ! hugs.

Tang~ that was so sweet thank you, we’re like a family. If we could physically be there for each other we would !

• mara51506

Yes, we are family. Port wise for me, I did have the TPA once while getting my Herceptin in my arm. Just did not want to stay there an extra half hour.

I am doing a massive step count today, 18000. Half an hour each hour until I hit the count. It is cool outside so nice walking and resting at home between walks is sensible for me to do. The walking will still count even if there are rests. I also don't have any appointments or places that I wish to go either.

I managed to use one of my clip on washers in a dead washtub, just put it in the bottom, fill up the washer and it agitates for me. Save me from having to tip a 5 gallon bucket since the washer has the drain hose. My arthritis was flaring up in the hand and arm as well from pumping the washing wand.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

SeeQ, I color-code too! Red for highs and blue for lows. What nerds we are. I also track my weight and color code the highs and lows for each month. AND I have my "all-time-high" and "all-time-low" recorded. Whatever did we do before spreadsheets?

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Well I posted Tuesday on here about a thyroid issue. I messaged MO about could I look into the issue locally-- local endocrinologist, local biopsy (as before). She said ok. I messaged PCP Tuesday. Today Friday. No response. Called PCP office. Doc out now till next Tuesday--- after Holiday. Great!!!! Guess not a priority. Grrr.

• seeq

sunshine - I just use brown for anything nearing the limits of the normal range and red for anything out of range. Seeing the data helps me feel like I have a clue what's going on (which is really just an illusion - lol)

• seeq

Good news here - it looks like the lake house is ours! ...barring anything going astray between now and closing day. I'm looking forward to being closer to family! My daughter expects to be transferring to about 1 1/2 hours away from the new house before the end of the year. My stepdaughter and family will also be a short 4 hours away. (Compared to 30 hours and 14 hours, respectively - this is a huge difference.)

• kbl

SeeQ, that’s awesome news. Congratulations. Would love pictures when it’s all yours.

• kbl

Candy, I’m so sorry you have more waiting. It’s all so frustrating. I hope you’re seen soon. Hugs.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

SeeQ,

That’s awesome. I want to see pics once you get settled. I love lakes. I’d live in Maine if I could—even knowing how long winters are there. That’s the state where my heart is.

50sgirl,

I am so glad to hear things are going well for you. No one can write us off….we’ll go when the good Lord is ready for us a not a moment before. Hoping you have many years with your family and friends.

Waving hi to all…I hope everyone has a good weekend.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

SeeQ, great news on the new lake house. I'm sure you'll all like being in the same area and not across the miles anymore. A pic would be nice when it's doable.

Candy, Agree on the aggravation of more waiting. Especially when you're waiting for important news and tests.

Lynne 50s, Congrats on stable!

I had my two scans this morning and got the bone scan report already. Thanks for the pocket duty from here No areas suspicious for metastatic disease. I may have to wait for the liver mri with it being a holiday weekend. I'll try to put it out of my mind, like that works.

• mara51506

Candy, I am also sorry you are having to wait to be seen, hoping you get seen soon.

SeeQ, glad you got the house you wanted, that is great.

• micmel

when people get on my nerves !

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Mel,

I’m not sure where you get those quips, but you crack me up! Keep um coming! Hugs my friend.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 724

Mel - LOVE IT! Keep them coming

• micmel

we all have to smile !!! Yes we do! image