Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

Rosie, I'll be in your pocket Friday!

• moth

candy, so much coming at you, I wish you'd catch a break. I hope the thyroid thing turns out to be a fat nothing. Hope your hip pain improves. And that the start of lynparza is uneventful but effective. hugs

pocket duty list:

Today (Tuesday) Emac - scans

Friday - Rosie - scans

Anyone else?

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071

Candy, I hope you are able to see an endocrinologist soon so you will have more information about your thyroid. Hopefully, it is still benign and/or can be easily resolved. I will be with you in spirit tomorrow as you go through the difficult and solemn day for your sister. I hope you will feel the arms of everyone here supporting you at you sister’s service

Emac, I will be on pocket duty for you. It sounds like I will be on a chocolate high in those pockets.

Laurie, it is always good to see your posts. I am glad that you are still doing well. I noticed that you included me when you talked about a great get-together (maybe at Mel's lol). Thank you for thinking of me.

I am still trudging along. Neuropathy has hit me, but I am dealing with it. Otherwise, I feel great. I have scans scheduled for Thursday. I am hoping I won't have to change treatments because I am about out of options. Oh, I wish Covid would disappear. I miss traveling freely without worrying about everything. Now I spend most of my time at home. I did get my third Covid shot last week after my MO told me I should get it. A sore arm was my only issue.

Philly is in my prayers. She has had a rough time lately.

Hi to everyone. I wish you all pain-free, stress-free days with many moments of joy.

Hugs and prayers from, lynne

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Rosie- I think a biopsy of the thyroid is in my future. I have had 2 before, 2015 & 2016, but that was before the cancer meds and blood thinner. So I would have to be off the thinner now and see how the Lynparza affects my counts. So not as "easy" this time around.

Thank you Moth for doing a "pocket duty" list for us. Pocket duty here for all the scans coming up.

Tomorrow will be hard, I am sure, for my sister's service. Final goodbye, for now. I miss her.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

I’m so sorry Candy, so sorry. Hugging you. msorry for your pain emac.

Reporting for pocket duty Love to all.

Boo~I am ok darlin my mouth is bugging me again. But no matter. Could be worse so I’m not going to complain. I’m thinking of you all.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,461

Rosie, I can understand the nervousness when you have rolled an ankle and fallen. When I fell a couple of times back in early 2020, it took a long time to feel confident. I used my stepbench in my apartment to step over after I tripped on a slight step at home. It strengthened by right foot which no longer drags.

I was a bit nervous today as it was the first long distance walk since the previous one that found me almost passing out from overheating myself. Today was much better and a bit shorter and was enjoyable.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

I've been reading along, but super busy with non- cancer stuff.

Thinking, especially, of Candy with the funeral service and so much on your plate, medically. I hope the new treatment is uneventfully effective, as moth expressed perfectly. Hoping the thyroid thing is much ado about nothing again or easily resolved.

Emac and Rosie24, in your pockets as well, plus anyone else I failed to mention here.

We are 'this' close to buying a new home - just need to get through a couple inspections. Cross you fingers and toes for us.

Lastly, a friend was diagnosed with bc. Evidently, they suspect mets and will be doing a PET scan soon. In the mean time, they are talking to her about surgery and radiation or chemo. With a de novo dx, I have no experience about any of those things to share with her. I recommended this site, so I hope she takes advantage of the resources and support here.

• micmel

so much going on. So much. I’m upset about Philly. It must have been Facebook , because it was not Instagram. She was just at the beach. I hope it minimal and can be dealt with. She’s such a good person with such a sweet personality. I hate cancer. I truly do. All my people going through a Marathon daily to live. I know how you all feel. Sending hugs. Cause I can. No one says you get to live twice. Gonna try to make each day a little more special by doing one thing I haven’t done. I’m going to try it for a week and see what I come up with. September is bloodwork and xgeva so that’s fun. Then I see the onc on the 8. Fun times. For sure. I know you all know. PIA.

• micmel

thinking of candy and her sisterimage

• mara51506

What happened to Philly?

• micmel

Mae posted she got word she had it travel to her brain must have been face book. Because what I’ve seen on other platforms is she’s having a great summer. Seems always happy. I’m waiting to get confirmation. But I’m worried. She also mentioned liver involvement that I had seen two weeks ago.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

Not Facebook, I noticed it on BCO.

• mara51506

Oh, I'm sorry to hear this. Hoping WBR will help her.

• micmel

Mae~oh my. That stinks. You’re a good detective. I’m sending good thoughts her way.

• illimae

Micmel, I just saw the post hoping to provide some of what l learned about lepto mets due to my own MRI’s and suspicious brain tumors, I was very surprised to see that the poster was our Philly. I hope she doesn’t mind me mentioning it here, since it was public, just hoping the collective pocket duty could help in some small way.

• candy-678

Well ladies my sister is laid to rest. Thank you to all who posted condolences. Thank you Mel for that pic you posted above--- pretty. We just had a family graveside service. Usually it is tradition to do a meal after a funeral, but since we are a small family I declined the offer from my church. And the Covid numbers too, you know. A church lady-- that usually arranges the funeral meals-- came by my house with fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, fruit tray, veggie tray, cookies, and a pie. I live alone, but family-- brother and elderly Dad--- live close by. She said to share with them.

I plan on enjoying the food !!!! Not my normal meals and looks good !!! Plus, I start Lynparza this weekend and nausea is the big side effect so I may as well enjoy food while I can.

• moth

oh candy, your heart must be heavy today. I'm glad you got the meals and can share them with your family. It's the small acts of kindness and generosity and traditions that keep us connected, and in community with each other. We mourn with you.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Candy your congregation is amazing to offer support even in the pandemic. A home cooked meal is such a caring touch during this difficult time. So sorry for your loss.

Booboo ugh no A/C in Florida. I’m glad that’s all fixed.

Emac and Rosie I hope you tests have great results.

Mel the rainbow cloud picture is encouraging and beautiful.

Mae thanks for sharing the news about Philly. I’m sure you were able to help her with all of your knowledge.

Tanya

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071

Candy,

It was very thoughtful of your church to deliver food right to your door. It is nice to have good food available after an emotionally exhausting day. I am sure that your dad and brother will appreciate itwhen you share with them.

I wish you had time to breathe after giving so much to your sister during and following her illness, but I know you still have other things to deal with. I hope Lynparza works well for you for a long time without any troublesome side effects. Have you been prescribed anti-nausea drugs to ease nausea in case you experience it? There is no need for you to suffer when there are ways around it.

Enjoy all that yummy food and try to relax. I know you have had a long day.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• candy-678

50'sgirl- I did forget to mention I had a Zoom Palliative Care meeting yesterday. The Palliative Care doc prescribed Zofran for me in case I need it with the Lynparza. I will pick those up from the pharmacy tomorrow so I have them on hand when I start the Lynparza. I took food over to brother and father. I had a good supper (dinner). Tired.

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Candy - I'm so glad that someone was able to bring you good, comforting food and was looking out for you today. We were all there with you in spirit.

My CT was good. I am still NED which is amazing! They found a couple of small opaque nodules in the bottom of my left lung that appear to be more inflammatory than metastatic but we will be keeping an eye on it. I'm blaming them on this stupid smoke. The compression fracture at T8 is still there but has not worsened at all and I have the sclerotic lesions where my tumors were but nothing new or growing so I was relieved about that. I really can't ask for better than that!

Unfortunately after speaking with the orthopedic oncologist it was confirmed I have a hairline fracture in the right femoral neck. It's stable and the rod is stable but at some point I am looking at a partial hip replacement. I'm a little overwhelmed. The suggestion for now is to keep on doing what I'm doing as long as I can tolerate it. I can't use a cane at work which he understands but I am supposed to use one on my off days. With the Covid surge right now in Oregon hospitals are not doing any surgeries except those that are emergently life saving right now anyway. So I would be a minimum 6-8 weeks out. This surgeon is in Portland at OHSU and so when I do get it done I will have to travel up there which is about 4 hours. I am hoping to be able to push this out until next year but we'll see how it holds up and how I hold up. I have follow up x-rays and a zoom visit with him on October 13th.

Thank you all for the pocket duty. I definitely have a chocolate buzz! I'm a little bummed today. Working in a covid unit and dealing with months of this smoke has taken a toll. This was just one more thing. I splurged and ordered a pizza tonight. Some good comfort food and a couple of easy lunches for work tomorrow and Friday.

• moth

emac, hurray for the NED but bummer about the hairline fracture, booooo. Always something....I hope you can continue to remain active without too much pain or stress on the joint until you can get your surgery. So frustrating that the surgeries are being pushed off the schedule by covid surge, grrrrr. Enjoy your pizza & hope you have a lovely evening.

My WBC counts are good so I'm getting chemo tomorrow but my CA 15.3 is trending up a bit (why did I look? I've been trying to ignore them but I looked, sigh) so we might be getting closer and closer to treatment change. Next scans are I think at the end of this month so I guess we will see.

• illimae

Emac, congrats 🎉

Moth, in your pocket and wishing you excellent luck with your upcoming scans.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

emac: Yay - still dancing with Lt. Ned. Great news!

moth: yeah......I ask myself the same thing. Why do I look at my lab results? Can't help it. Check off the good. Move along. Mmmm what does that mean if it is higher or lower than it should? Is it too high, Too low? My PET is coming up around the end of September too. I hate the wait for results.

• mara51506

Emac, glad to hear you are still NED.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 724

Candy - how kind that a fellow church member brought you a meal. Enjoy and prayers that nausea is able to be controlled.

Emac - NED - what wonderful words! Yikes hip replacement. I need them bilaterally but until I can’t bear weight there is no way.

Moth- here for pocket duty

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Emac,

First, congrats for NED. That’s good stuff.

Ugh! The thought of more surgery is ugly, especially after what you endured with the rod surgery. Hoping you can push it off until next year and stay pain free.

Well, I had my booster shot yesterday. Only side effect is a sore arm. No fever, chills, etc. Thank God. Who knows how long this will last and if it’s even going to make a difference. I hope so. I want to get out there and do some things on my bucket list, but with Covid, I just don’t feel safe. We decided not to go to TX to visit my sister. Again, just not feeling like it’s a good time to travel. Oh well…we’ll make the best of it as usual.

Reporting for pocket duty to anyone who needs it.

• candy-678

emac- Woohoo on the good scans, but sorry you are having to deal with the hairline fracture. Always something, isn't it.

Pocket duty for 50'sgirl for today's scans. When will you know results?

• micmel

emac congrats for Ned. Atta girl

Candy. Hugs

Pocket duty for scans. Lynne and anyone else who needs a posse. Much love !

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Emac, great news, hopefully that fracture won't cause too many problems while you wait to have it seen to. I'm here for pocket duty for anyone who needs it..

It's a shame you can't get away Laurie, but better safe than sorry. I learnt how to give myself the neulasta shot today, that saves one trip to the hospital a fortnight.

Waving hi to everyone and wishing you all a calm day.