Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Mel thanks for the chuckle.

Tany

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,461

Love those Mel, here's another one

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

lol that would be my Deeohgee lol.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Aw….was Deeohgee a big baby? He probably didn’t think he was a dog. My Huey Lewis was indignant if you treated him like a dog. Too funny. I haven’t thought about him in awhile, but thank you Mel for writing Deeohgee’s name. It still hurts a bit to think of Huey, but I can mostly smile now and remember him and the good memories of times we had. Hoping it’s the same for you. Sending BIG love your way.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

This just about sums it up for me, lol

• booboo1

Mae,

I haven’t heard that word in a long time (twats). You just brought back a few college memories….and a good laugh!

• mara51506

I often read social media posts or when out in public and just think to myself "What a twat-waffle" when someone is behaving badly. I also use that term for men as well as women.

Cake is not something I could do without in my life, anymore than my bean meals.

• illimae

Happy to provide a chuckle. I’m also quite fond of “Prick”, which should be brought back into regular rotation. A recent term to describe a child is “Crotch goblin” and it cracks me up every time.

• booboo1

OMG! I gotta get out more. Never heard “crotch goblin” before! Too funny.Winking

• mara51506

I love crotch goblin, that is the best!

• micmel

never heard of it either. Lol. That’s a good one for sure.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

(Cross-posted with Ibrance thread). Following up with my scan results now that both are posted. Both bone scan and liver mri are good! No areas concerning for metastatic disease. Yippee! Thanks again for the pocket duty 😊

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,954

Great news, Rosie24. Congratulations.

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

It's great to hear good news! Congrats 50sirl and SeeQ! Candy, how frustrating to have to wait until after the holiday. I am praying you can get going on some good treatment and things will turn around for you soon.

• illimae

Yay Rosie 🎉

• micmel

whooooo hoooo Rosie!!

• mara51506

I am happy to hear the good news Rosie!

• booboo1

Rosie,

Congrats! You must be so relieved. Kind of sad how we have to hold our breath every time we get scanned. But I say carpe diem! And never give up.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Way to go Rosie, I'm so pleased for you.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Woohoo on the good scans, Rosie.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 724

Great news Rosie 🎉🎉🎉

Love the funnies Mae. Never heard the term crotch goblins. There are times when I can even say my own grandchildren deserve the term - sad to say. Grateful that they are loved by teachers, other parents etc. so I know they are behaved. Just interactions with their own parents leave me biting my tongue and zipping my lip. But raising kids today is vastly different from when we raised our own. I am so glad that those days are long gone. It is a challenging world for parents. It is a blessing that my daughter and SIL have a great partnership

• micmel

I agree raising a child is totally different than the eighties and seventies. I experienced the nineties and that was just the tip of the end of normalcy. Then things went weird. Oh wait I got cancer. That was part of it. 2016 not my favorite year. But I am thankful that my two kids aren’t sitting in high chairs eating hot dogs with their chubby little fists. I am glad they are 25 and 24 soon to add one year to each. Now if one would move out. It’s difficult out there I know. I just want him to find his place. Mama worries.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

Hello friends!

Happy Labour Day! I'm an old union gal so Labour Day is meaningful to me. And I always loved back to school (and back to homeschooling when I did that with my kids) so it's a happy day for me. This was weekend after chemo and I was tired on Friday & Saturday but perked back up on Sunday so it's all good. The port got unplugged on Friday.

Covid is upticking here again. Nurses from other units being redeployed into the ICU due to staffing shortages & increase in cases, some surgeries being postponed. So tired of this.

I have a list of things to do today so better get at it. I keep making these lists and then not getting through things - the steroids are really making me flaky and distracted. Dd is working but for the rest of us this is the last of our staycation (the camping vacation got cancelled due to forest fire smoke, covid increases, a warning against travel to the area, and my stupid lung pnumonitis). I think we're ordering some vegan pizza tonight - yum. & I might make cinnamon buns....I feel like cinnamon buns suddenly :)

Happy to hear your good scans news Rosie!!

hugs everyone

• illimae

Moth, mmmm cinnamon buns….

Maybe the nurse shortage explains the new nurse I had for my last treatment. She had commented that my port was weird, it’s not and no one had ever said anything about it in the last 4 1/2 years. She also counted to 5 while accessing it, 5! I took a deep breath at 3 like always, ugh.

I got woke up at 6:45am to a massive lightning strike close to home, the biggest one I’ve ever seen/heard/felt, the electric charge from it even set off a rubber duck that blinks red when you squeeze it, which was in a box across the room!

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063

Haha. This strikes me as funny! Why does the rubber ducky blink red when you squeeze it? Do I want to know? Is that weirder than the port? Are we all humming along with Kermit the Frog singing "Rubber Ducky" right now? Was the nurse absent on the day they had the counting lesson? So many questions.

• illimae

Shetland, DH says “who doesn’t have a blinking red rubber duck?!” Lol But, neither of us know where it came from. My best guess it it was in a box on trinket gifts from a friend to me or it was something that came from a tour DH drove and the musician was high, who knows?

Here’s the mystery duck

• micmel

I love the. Duck !!!!

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063

Ooooo, pretty!

• RosieRed
    RosieRed Member Posts: 209

For those of you that needed a blood transfusion, how long did it take before you felt your energy come back? I got one bag of platelets and two bags of blood on Saturday and I still feel so tired.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

RosieRed, I think it wasn't more until day 3 or 4. Also depends on how long you've been feeling fatigued & if you had reduced activity? I found even 3 days of reduced activity means I need to build back up after. It's like I have little reserves to maintain muscle or aerobic fitness so I slide backwards in just a few days. So you might just need to push through for a walk, do some arm and leg lifts and deep breathing exercises.... Are they going to redo your bloods any time soon?