Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,044

Rosie-I really miss my water exercise. The pool I used to go to-a five minute walk away-has been closed to the public since Covid. I guess I am going to have to break out of my comfort zone and find a new one. Water exercise was the way I got started once my pleurex drain was removed and I was able to try some gentle exercise. Feels so good on the joints!

I swell a lot too in the heat and humidity but I guess I always did. Can't blame that on cancer! I do seem to sweat a lot more now which I attribute to Letrozole. At least I no longer spend money on going to the Korean spa-I can sweat everything out for free!

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719

Just sending loadsa hugs… can’t keep up with you all just now, but there are many of you who make me laugh and cry too.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,461

Chicagoan, I am with you on the sweating. My thought is usually because I am overweight but I don't always think it is just that its hot. I love my neck fans when I must be in the heat and my UV umbrella, will keep my face more youthful looking.

• micmel

lol Mara! I’m with you totally. I’m a sweat hog. Annoying

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

I start sweating as soon as I get out of the shower, I've got sweat pouring off me from even the slightest activity no matter what the temperature is.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 724

I’m there with all of you and the sweating. Thank God for air conditioning

• micmel

exactly the same with me Kitty. Exactly !

• mara51506

Goldents, you are so right.

• mara51506

I am doing the easy mans exercise today and doing marching steps throughout the apartment. Making it take 100 steps instead of the 10 steps to the kitchen, marching and pumping arms as well to make it a proper walk. I tend to like this if it is a day that I am waiting for a delivery, I don't like being outside the home for these days. Got 2000 already. Hopefully the delivery is earlier in the day vs later so I can go outside as well.

Cross posted to the StageV fitness thread.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

Just found my perfect doormat, lol

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

Mae, I love it!

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Mae,

Works for me!

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

Thx for the CT pocket duty, MO considers me stable, yippee

• micmel

congrats moth!!!!! Ya hoooo! 😄

Mae~ I'll take one too! Lol.

• illimae

Yay Moth 🎉

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Great news Moth 👌

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Happy news, Moth!! 😊

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Moth I want to hit the like 👍🏽 button here!!! Great news

Tany

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

moth - yay for stable!

• micmel

Hi Ladies~ trying to sleep again , as usual. My DH is officially moved in to the house with me after 18 years of him having a residence in Maryland als. Now we only have our Pa house. We have a ton of furniture since we had doubles of everything. We're running out of room. You think your house is big, until it isn't. we have movers coming to bring more. It's an adjustment for me. I'm used to being alone, it being me and. My son. So there is the adjustment period which is why it's tense. My son doesn't think clothing on his. Floor is a problem but step father does. Mom doesn't care honestly. Just two males adjusting I suppose. This is what I've wanted for years now.

I guess it will take time for all of us. I got used to my time to myself. I feel like some of that has gone. It was time I needed. I don't need to be with someone all day every second. It's nice that he's here. Don't get me wrong. I just need to get used to there someone else being around all the time. I'm such a creature of habit. I'm not big on change. If it wasn't for the travel for DH, and the expensive cost of two houses I would have been fine with the way things were. People say maybe that is why we've been married 18 years happily. Lol just a big milestone for our relationship. I started to think it may never happen. It's official. He changed his license to pa today! Big step! And now comes the changing of the addresses. So it's really happening. He's such a good man. I just am starting to think I'm getting to be a crotchety aging woman. Who could just be idle and nap when needed. It's like a robot. Every day mechanically doing the same thing. Now I just have. Someone here with me. It's a big deal!

• molliefish
    molliefish Member Posts: 650

I wonder how it is from his perspective. MyDh and I sleep in different rooms because of his freight train snoring. It’s all an adjustment. This is a HUGE adjustment for both of you. Love and all the best for you both, I am happy you are together.

• illimae

Micmel, I get it, my DH has usually only been home nov-jan, spending much of the year on cross country tours for the last 20 years but he’s been here full time since January 2020. We really enjoy each other but I do like things my way. DH watches YouTube in bed until midnight, if I don’t make him stop and he keeps his bedside light on late too. Arrggg! I must have total darkness and I’m grumpy if I don’t get enough sleep. We make it work but we do have our own blankets, I absolutely will not tolerate him leaving me with a corner that barely covers my feet. But, he’s heading to the cabin for a week on Tuesday and I’m staying here, all alone, I’m honestly excited, lol.

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719

👏🏻👏🏻Moth!
    Good for me to read the DH chat….mine worked away for 6 years, so when he gave that up it took us a while to adjust. I do like things the way I want them at home though ( ‘cause I find mess stressful…calm is what I need). He also snores like a train! However we’ve been married for 35 years, so something must be OK 🤣.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Same here. When we moved to FL in 2019, DH and I started the “I'll be with you every day, all day" stuff. Yikes! Was not ready for it. Between trying to adjust to the move, new everything (Mo, doctors, dentist, etc.) and trying to figure out where everything was locate (and the excessive alcohol use), it took it's toll. We almost divorced. But we have been together for 35 years too, Karen, so it is not an easy decision to throw in the towel. And things have gotten better. I hope the same thing for you, Mel. Just take it one day at a time. And put away the sharp knives!

Hugs fo you, Mel.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 724

Great news moth!
    Mel - lots of deep breaths. And spend some time each day focusing on getting rid of duplicates. Start small so it’s not overwhelming. And when it becomes so, walk away quickly. Can always go back another day.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Great news Moth.

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 842

Hi everyone. We've been married 38 years and my husband decided on his own to retire at 60 two years ago. Having him just hanging around while I try to get my real estate business off the ground after years of working for a builder is not fun. I've been on him to go back to work, but then he had to have back surgery and now open heart to replace a valve. So no going back to work for a while. Love him to death, but I liked him a lot more when I had off Thurs/Fri and he had off Sat/Sun!Loopy

• mara51506

Moth a little late to the party, but here's to your results!

• mara51506

I can empathize with you HomeMom, it's a lot to deal wiith to have someone around all the time when you want to get into real estate. You love them but wish you had your own time, nothing wrong with that but at the same time now he cannot go. I do hope that his back surgery cures the back and the heart valve surgery heals him as well. Best wishes on speedy recovery for both of you.