Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,461

Precious picture of the children together. No one like childhood friends in my mind.

Kitty, hope your tooth heals up soon and you get released from hospital.

Emac, we do all get down. I had a very depressive day yesterday, not so bad today though.

Just drying clothes, a kind friend gave me a spare heater and it occured to me that I could put the heater on top of my dresser, use the drying rack that hangs on the door. I pinned the towels to the rack, put a high power fan beneath the rack, turned on the heater and they were dry in probably the same amount of time they would have needed on my heated rack. I like having the back up option. Still fluff the clothes on the no heat settings in my dryer. Perfect for me. Clothes are so soft with the vinegar rinses and still no lint, not even on a towel that used to give a lot of lint in the dryer. Happy with the laundry set up now.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

It was my 30th wedding anniversary yesterday but both DH and I forgot lol. Maybe we'll do something today. I have a bunch of small chores around the house to do, otherwise nothing is happening.

Kitty sorry to hear that you're in hospital with the toothl dental work while on xgeva does make many dentists nervous

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,044

Congratulations Moth on 30 years! I hope you and your DH have a happy belated celebration! Funny how you both forgot.

• mara51506

Happy Anniversary Moth!

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052

Happy Anniversary ! Too funny you both forgot. But it’s better you both did. No one can be upset. Perfect! Hope when you do celebrate, it will be great!

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 724

Happy Anniversary to you and yours moth! In this day and age that is remarkable. Hubs and I celebrated 43 in August. Not sure how we got that far - heavenly intervention for sure👼🏻👼🏻

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 842

Happy Anniversary moth! We did the same thing last month when it was our 38th. Comes with the territory!

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Moth congratulations 🎊 that’s wonderful.

Kitty hope you get that fever down and tooth repaired soon.
    Mae I’m happy for the good part of your scans and ready for next pocket duty for gamma knife.

yearly physical exam today. I hate getting that blood test as well as the monthly blood draws. I saw lots of fall decorations not the pink campaign yet but I think tomorrow we’ll be pinked.

Tany

• mara51506

Wow, feeling like total crap today. Normally when cold symptoms show up, they quickly go away but this time they've hung on for a few days. I already spent a couple of days mostly sleeping through the day so decided to take my mind off how I feel with walking outside, done 30 mins which was nice, think I will walk to the mall and back for the 12K this morning, anything to stop my mind of my sore throat which does improve with advil. I also wore my mask for the 30 min walk to breathe in some moister air just to ease it up which worked well. No chest issues and no major coughing, just fatiigue and sore throat. I have to say that I am backward in what I get distressed about because normal colds make me so depressive and whiny whereas cancer overall is easier for me to compartmentalize which I need to worry about and which cancer things I don't. Wish I could do that with other ailments.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Mara- Sorry you are under the weather. Could it be Covid? Sore throat and fatigue both symptoms. But our minds go to Covid anymore. Maybe a test to make sure?

• goldensrbest

Mara - when your body is acting up - you need more rest. Don’t overdo! Take care - hug

• mara51506

Thanks Candy and Goldens. Had not reall thought about Covid but I suppose anything is possible. Just feels like a regular cold that I get. I will definitely use caution and see how I feel. I will scale down the walking to half an hour at a time, it has improved my symptoms and not having any breatthing issue, I will mask up as well for those walks too in an abundance of caution for other people and avoid stores for now.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,716

Morning everyone 🙂

Had a podiatrist appt yesterday for an ingrown nail that’s been causing me problems and preventing me from my daily walks and ended up having to get part of it surgically removed. Now, I’m limping around wore a sore and wrapped big toe, not fun.

When discussing upcoming appointments near Xmas and our anniversary, I was suddenly accused of conspiring with a friend on DH’s birthday, which I was not. In fact, I totally forgot and oh crap, it’s on Monday! With scans, I had nothing else on my radar, oops.

A very happy anniversary to you and your Moth 🎉

It’s raining, so I don’t feel bad about having a lazy day, might only accomplish laundry and that’s just fine.

• micmel

I can relate to the toe issue! Hope it heals quickly

• moth

Mara, covid feels like any other upper respiratory infection ( for most people,). Coronaviruses family cause the common cold.

Since breakthrough can occur I'd consider a test

• mara51506

Thank you for the advice Moth, I'll definitely consider it.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Hi everyone, well I'm still in the hospital, no one seems to know what's causing these high temperatures or my racing heartbeat so I'm scheduled for a ct scan and an echo of the heart to see if it's chemo induced, pocket duty welcome for anyone who can make it. Thanks everyone.

• mara51506

Right here for pocket duty KittyKat, won't leave your pocket til you finally are able to leave hospital.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Thanks so much Mara

• micmel

hope you have large pockets Kitty

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

I’m here Kitty.

Mara I hope your throats feeling a little better.

Our TV broke so I’m at Best Buy. I lasted 45 minutes in there and now I’m in the car. Too much standing my back doth protest

Waving hello to everyone

Tanya

• illimae

Reporting for pocket duty with a bag of gummy bears and good vibes for an easy to treat cause.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Kittykat- Pocket duty here. Peanut M & M's.

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698

Jumping in your pocket, Kittykat, with Lindor truffles. Hope they can figure out what's causing your fevers so you can get out and enjoy your Spring weather.

Trish

• moth

kitykat, hopethey figure it out asap & get you out of there! in your pocket

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,953

In your pocket, Kittykat. I hope you feel better soon.

Sorry about the toe, Mae. Ouch.

Mara, I hope you feel better.

• micmel

I can’t believe it’s October 1. Wow where did that time go? I remember just thinking spring would sprung. I love fall. All the smells cinnamon spices etc. apples. I just love the sweat pants and shirts. Jeans. Boots. I just hope it’s a mild fall we don’t need cold anytime soon. I hate winter and I hate snow. Love fall.

Pocket duty for anyone who needs it. Thinking of you all who may need a hug !

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,167

Kittykat- squeezing in your crowded pocket- hoping they can figure out a solution soon.

Mae - ouch! I how you're toe heals up quickly

Mara - I'm worried about you feeling bad and pushing yourself too hard. You know yourself best, but please take care.

Still reading along. Trying to pack up the house is not fun, but we're making progress. As of this week, we own the lakehouse; now to sell this one...

• illimae

Seeq, a lake house sounds wonderful, congrats!

• goldensrbest

Kitty - pocket duty as well. I have yummy wisconsin cheese and crackers.

Mel - fall is my favorite season. I started burning my fall scented candles even though it’s been in the mid 80s. I think we will have beautiful colors since it’s been so warm and dry. Time will tell. The colors are just starting🍁🍁🍂