Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Emac,

I am in the same place. No motivation to do anything. Still very hot here, so it’s even harder to make yourself move. But I’m determined to get up and get going. I find that if I just get out of the house and do something…anything….I feel better. So I’m going to get a haircut (trim) and go to TJMaxx. I love walking around that store. Hope you can find a way to do something similar to lift your spirits.

Thank you to all who commented after my MO let me down. It’s a harsh reality to know you are just a number….but I do get it. MOs have to stay detached or they would never be able to make it.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,461

Emac, feeling a similar symptom today, think I have a cold and did not sleep much last night. Gonna force myself into a walk once my laundry is done to see if that will help me feel better today. We will see.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Sunshine, I’m in your pocket for scans. 🤞for good reports!

Booboo, Sorry about your weird MO appointment. I think your MO could have softened her response to you. But then some don’t hesitate to remind us we’re stage 4 even when we’re on treatment. Maybe there’s a psychology behind that, as in not getting our hopes up.

Mel, You have a tough situation with DS and DH. Shetland Pony’s perspective really made me think. I’ve always thought a parent’s job was to give their kids “wings”. But maybe our kids aren’t always ready for wings just because they’re at certain points in their lives. Figuring out how to keep all three of you compatible housemates will take some work.

Emac, I’m with you on the Pinktober cringing. All the pink “stuff” minimizes the reality of breast cancer and I’ve read not much of the Komen money raised goes to research. Only research into MBC will change anything, since that’s what people die from. Good luck with the 35 miles!

Hello to Everyone!

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Hello everyone.

Mae- Thinking of you as you wait your results.

Sunshine- Pocket duty.

Emac- Sorry you are feeling down.

Another not much to do day here. Still feeling icky from the Lynparza. Been almost a month (this weekend). I ordered next refill-- to come today per UPS. I will give it another month for adjusting and next MO appt end of Oct. If still feeling bad, will ask MO to lower dose.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,953

Candy, I'm sorry you're still feeling so crappy. I haven't tried it yet, but Mae had mentioned a medication for nausea that I hadn't heard of. It's called promethazine. When I was at my doc appointment and told her I didn't like the Zofran or Compazine, she said there was another. I asked her to write a paper script so I could get it if I wanted. After Mae mentioned the name, I looked on the script, and that's what my doc had prescribed. Just letting you know.

I've been on the Xeloda 2.5 days. I'm sure it's not enough time for SEs to show. I was curious if your nausea started right out of the gate with Lynparza.

I hope it settles down for you.

• candy-678

KBL- Promethazine is generic for Phenergan. I have heard of it. But not tried it. I have only used the Zofran twice. The last time, one day last week, I felt so groggy with it. And the nausea was still there too. I may try it again, but not when I want/need to do anything.

Yeah, the nausea was with the first dose. Couple hours after the first dose.

• kbl

I’m sorry about the nausea. I am dealing with my own nausea, but not from meds. She did say the promethazine can make you sleepy too, so if I take it, I agree, not when I have to do anything.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,716

Results: overall ok

Brain MRI shows my existing tiny 1.9mm spot grew to 2.5mm in the last 3 months and I now have 2 new brats but they are too small to measure. We’ve decided to schedule gamma knife for early November for those 3 and anything else that might pop up in a month. Given my history of minimal slow growing brain mets and my general dread of gamma knife, I am happy to wait a bit on that.

Body is still NEAD and the trial doc is very happy with the little scar left on my hip bone met after “radiation killed it good”, his words, lol

Brain mets are such a bitch but I’m very grateful to only be annoyed by them so far.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 724

Mae - sounds mostly good but having to treat those pests is a bummer. November will be here soon enough - Pinktober starts Friday 🍁🎃

• kbl

Mae, I’m sorry for more mets to the brain. I’m so glad the rest of your body is NED. I hope the gamma continues to work its magic, even though I know you’d rather not have gamma knife.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052

was thinking of you all day. Mae. Sorry about the new stinkers. And congrats on ned on the rest of you.. let’s get rid of them suckers. Sending hugs

• GoKale4320
    GoKale4320 Member Posts: 580

Hi Mae- sorry about the new stuff, but glad your doc is going to tackle them with radiation.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

mae, hate to hear about the new brain mets. glad that they're still small & I'm glad the gamma knife can take care of them

stupid breast cancer

• candy-678

Mae- Well crap to the new brain mets. Hoping the gamma knife will kill the buggers.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071

Mae, I am sorry that the brain mets have grown, but it is good that you and your team have a plan in place so quickly. It’s great that you are NED everywhere else. Everyone here will be supporting you when you have the gamma knife procedure in November. I admire your strength and attitude.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Mae, I like your take on the mixed report. Enjoy the good and steel yourself up for the gamma knife. We’re with you again when that happens. Too bad you can’t jump into your own pocket and hang out with us.

• illimae

Thanks everyone! Those brain mets are just so irritating, that problem that keeps coming back. The docs are great, they try and are equally frustrated. We all wish we knew how to stop it, we just don’t yet, regardless of primary tumor being removed and bone met getting blasted, they still find a way. Oh well, been there and done that.

Rosie, we have live pocket duty in the zoom group and it’s always open if anybody is thinking of stopping by. Also, you don’t have to allow video if it’s a bad or no hair day, lol

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,461

I am sorry you keep having returning mets in your brain, happy to hear about your NEAD status though.

Candy,, I am sorry you are still feeling so crappy as well.

• micmel

good night ladies. Hope tomorrow is better for us all. Avail for morning pocket duty!! Hugs to anyone who may just need one. Love to al

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Sorry to hear about the brain mets, in your pocket for gamma treatment when needed.

• kittykat9876

Back in hospital, I woke up with a temperature of 38.5 so I had to cancel my cataract surgery and take myself off to hospital instead

• illimae

Darn kitty, I’m sorry. Any idea what’s causing the high temp? Medications maybe. I hope you feel better and get to go home soon.

• kittykat9876

Mae, it's an infected tooth but I have to see an oral surgeon when they get it under control because I'm on xgeva and my dentist won't touch it.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 724

Kitty - sorry about the tooth. That’s one of my fears being on Xgeva. Every time I have a funny feeling in my mouth that’s the first thing I think about. All this crap we have to go through that people just don’t get. Cancer is a beast

• candy-678

Oh Kitty so sorry. Always something, isn't it.

• micmel

Kitty~I am hoping you’ll return home soon. I am also on xgeva I worry about my teeth also. But my dentist hasn’t refused to work on me. I am sure they are just worried and not very familiar with cancer patients at all. I asked my place before I even went in. I’ll be sending hugs and good vibes. Poor thing. Been through the ringer haven’t we all in a way? Sending good troughs to us all

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Kitty,

I’m chiming in to send you good thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery. It’s so true what Goldens and others have said…cancer is a beast. It is a non-stop disease of misery. That’s why I’m so grateful for Mel’s living room. The support is also non-stop. Anyway, hugs for you and hoping you get outta there soon. Your grandson is waiting for you!

• kittykat9876

imageHe went on a playdate with his best girl Gracie this afternoon, hopefully I'll get some answers in the morning. Take care everyone and have the best day possible

• kbl

Kitty, Hoping you get out soon. Damn cancer. Hugs

• micmel

His best girl. How precious !!

Emac~ I think at some point each day I get down. It’s just the walk we have been forced to walk. You’re not alone.