Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Looking out from our back patio. Lost power last night this morning for 9 hours. Neighbor can climb out window. I think we are here for awhile!image

• livingivlife

Not getting any better outside! Can't open front door ..imageimage

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Living- Now that is snow !!!! I posted that it is snowing here. Well... it is too warm, and the ground is too warm, for it to stay around. Forecasted we would get 1-3 inches. It is turning out we are just getting a trace, melting down already. Boo. Your area looks fun. Hope you are stocked up and can just enjoy being indoors. Hope you have power though.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Yikes, Deb. Snow sounds fun, but not having power does not. Do you have heat? Why can’t you get out your front door? Too much snow? Be safe

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052

amazing snow!!! Wow. Keep warm and be safe. Unbelievable!

• livingivlife

So far the power hasn't gone out again! The whole day has been snow and blowing snow. My husband has been out the back 7 or 8 times shoveling the deck off and making a path so our poor dog can get out. She comes in like a frozen doggy snowman. The snow has drifted on the front porch way up to our door. My husband and neighbor will get out tomorrow to try to dig us all out. The trouble is we have a whole gravel road to also dig out. When the power goes out we have a propane fireplace for backup. Lots of food and drinks to keep us going!

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,459

I was wondering about you after hearing the story about the snow on the weather network and news. Glad you are warm and safe with food and drink as well.

• candy-678

Sunday morning all.

Pocket Duty list for week of Jan 17--

Candy (me)- CT Monday-- only a CT chest to look at right lung "nodules" seen on CT in November. MO wanted to follow up sooner than 3 months. Will look at liver mets with MRI in Feb, I think.

Rosie- MO Monday to determine next line of treatment

Mara- CT Monday, MRI Friday

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625

Reporting for pocket duty for Candy and anyone else who needs it.

Wish we would get some moisture here. We are in a horrible drought and all we keep getting are high winds.

I hope everyone has a good week!

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

I could use some pocket duty for my MO appt tomorrow. I’ll be finding out my next treatment now that I’m triple negative. Presumably IV chemo. Kinda scared

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

Pocket duty for Candy-678 and Rosie24. More than willing to climb in to more pockets, if needed

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,709

reporting to pocket duty for Candy and Rosie. I’ve got chocolates!

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Also here for pocket duty

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Here for pocket duty for Candy and Rosie.

• candy-678

Rosie- Pocket duty for you tomorrow. I will be looking for your post on what you and your MO decide.

• livingivlife

Count me in for pocket duty for Candy and Rosie!

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Climbing in for pocket duty Rosie and Candy.

Boo nice to hear your plans and happy to hear you're feeling well and planning things.

Moth I did a survey for verzinio and ibrance and kisqali and that was all it was about new normal, and living longer, (ad jargon for MBC patients).

I told them new normal is a non starter at this point for MBC that kind of language just doesn't work. I think the medicine side effects should include funkytown and days in bed watching tv when you don't feel like doing anything bc of se's. Anyway that's what I told them. I hope you get out of funkytown for a few hours gradually until it's all day!

Mae I'm so happy that you'd have writers cramp from writing all your good moments down, That made me smile. I haven't tried it yet but I enjoy all the special moments with my grand kids. The things they say are always amazing. My DH makes me smile all the time. He works at it and leaves me alone when I tell him.

We had a tornado watch this morning. Just lots of rain thank God.

The snow pics are amazing. I remember those days digging out of snow. Stay warm and snuggled inside.

Take care all

Tanya

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

Reporting for pocket duty for Candy and Rosie!

Mae- hopefully this will just be a telehealth consultation. I had one last year before starting current treatment where they agreed with all my MO was doing. MDA is so responsive, helpful, and kind it is unreal. I just don't really want to drive back and forth but I will if needed. You are lucky to be there! At least I am in their system now.

This weekend I've been cleaning out stuff. Yesterday my young nephew, his wife and my teenage niece came over to visit which was very nice. They brought me CBD gummies, hmmm, will have to read more about that. Today I'm tackling random bags of paperwork, memorabilia, and “stuff", getting rid of it or organizing it.

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

To Moth's point, I agree. I think the idea of normal is a variable spectrum once we have MBC. Like Mae, I live a fairly normal life. It's not my old life that I miss terribly, but I am able to function in most things on most days so that's something. I do wonder sometimes if even on my bad days this is the good part and I scold myself for not trying harder to pack more in. If these are the "good days" I don't want to miss it but sometimes they still feel hard. I have backed off of Facebook because I am suspicious that even people without cancer are posting pictures of "living their best life" and it's still a lie. Everyone struggles. I recognize the lie but it still makes me jealous so I give myself space from it.

Oh my gosh with the cereal! Now I want to go buy a box of raisin bran. I think my favorite is Cinnamon Toast Crunch or maybe Fruit Loops. I think they used to have one called Cookie Crunch that was like eating little chocolate chip cookies in a bowl of milk. LOL. I can't buy some of them because I feel like I would eat the whole box in one sitting. Probably not but definitely more than I should. I try to keep the healthier stuff, oatmeal and Grape Nuts around because they are harder to binge on. You can't beat cereal for a cheap, easy meal though. Maybe that's just my #singlelife talking. LOL.

In pockets with cookies for Candy and Rosie! I hope you get good information and that at some point during the day something makes you smile.

• mara51506

This week I have a CT on Monday and MRI on Friday.

I am disgusted by our property owners. Looking up their building permit info, they have no building permits and in fact a property violation has been served on them.

I am disgusted because they have NEVER removed the snow and ice from either the front of the back and when it snows again, it will become worse. I went to look for a bag of salt in the container at the back and it was emptied. I did send an email to the property owners that they HAVE to keep snow and ice clear here and that they have not even left salt. I also reported them to the building division for our city because this is quickly being run into the ground. I better pray nothing breaks here as it will not be fixed. I bet garbage collection and stuff will be suspended too. Gross building right now. I will go out and take pictures and send them to the building division as well. Someone is going to crack their heads open when falling.

• micmel

reporting for pocket duty. Or evening duty if anyone needs an ear!

• mara51506

I took pictures of the ice out back and there is no way to avoid it to get to the garbage or a car, emailed the pictures to the building division as well. Just to give an idea of what we are dealing with.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

Mara, in your pocket. I’m so sorry for all you’re going through with your building. I don’t understand how anyone can buy something and not want to take care of it, but I know you said they want the tenants out. Ugh. Thinking of you.

• mara51506

KBL, exactly, they took away the bag of salt that was by the front door though the front is not bad like the back. Not all the tenants have cleats they can put on their shoes and you cannot avoid the patch of ice. Give a bit of snow and it will be a hidden danger. We are cold for the next while as well. Indoors, they took the little garbage we used to toss in flyers etc and have not left us anything to use, I am to the point I am going to collect and shred it and move it out back.

These fools do have a property violation at the moment so I am unsure the details as it does not say much and they still have no building permits either. Instead of having the lights on in the hall especially at night, they installed these useless motion detector lights so when you walk down the hall, it stays on like 10 seconds. Massively annoying.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,709

lol, emac, I could never binge on grape nuts, they are anti fun but I do stick to the single serving bowls to control myself.

I hit my Fitbit step goals this week by raking rocks to create what looks like a real driveway instead of just rocky scrub land. More insulation work this week before heading back to Houston in Friday. It’s been in the 30’s to 60’s here but the travel trailer stays warm enough.

I also have my Herceptin infusion planned for the localish oncologist, just waiting on a new insurance approval since I haven’t been back here for that in over a year, hopefully I’ll get in by Thursday

• livingivlife

Mara- how many apartments are in your building? How can they remove lights in the hallway and install motion censors! That is ridiculous! Hey if someone hurts themselves on the ice then sue their asses off!

I'm on pocket duty for your CT and MRI this week Mara.

• candy-678

Mara- Pocket duty for your scans. I know you say you want to fight to stay living there, but in my opinion I think if you found an affordable place to move to it would be better. You do not need all these headaches.

• mara51506

I sometimes think about that Candy, just that I cannot afford housing in my city in most places. Most places would be more than I make from disability and any extra in my savings would be gone quickly. I would also have to pay utilities which makes it impossible. I could only consider moving if I got a job to supplement. I do make about 200 per month with surveys and other online things I do but this is not reliable income. Anyway, I will stay as long as possible and just report things as they come up for now. Need help from someone to fill out for affordable housing or rent geared to income housing which is a 5 year wait list but I have not figured out the paperwork myself. Anyway, I should just make the reports as needed, if I am bothered by hallway garbage, just pick it up and shred it and throw it out back. If I do that, I will feel better about it.

• micmel

I just hate the thought of people treating others like that. Especially when you are talking about where you live. No one deserves to have their home messed around with. That is one thing that should be automatic. Shelter , medical care and food. No matter what. It’s ridiculous what they charge for rental these days. I just wet through it with my son. There was four of them. And it will still be a good $650 for them each, plus the couple pays more for the dog. A three bedroom two and half bathroom $1860 a month. My house to own is less than that. It’s really ridiculous to expect anyone to pay to live. It’s not like we were chosen to be born. It’s snowing now. Our first accumulation so far looks like 2 inches. Nothing compared to those crazy snow pics posted ! Wow , throw a nor’easter our way and we get hit bad. Remember that word BooBoo? Mara that ice looked dangerous. Be careful please !

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

Mara, I’m in your pocket as well this week. I’m so sorry you have to put up with all that. Definitely keep up the photos and turning those creeps in for every single shenanigan they are try to pull. That ice situation is very dangerous and they should be cited for it.