Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

tangandchris - I would definitely start by asking your MO about the white matter disease, and specifically whether he/she thinks it needs action on your part.

Goldens- it's such a pain getting used to sleeping on the 'wrong' side. And, I'd constantly wake up to find I'd rolled over to the 'right' side, and on my site shoulder in my sleep.

Rosie - I hope the short break helps you feel better before you start your next line of treatment.

Candy - yay for shrinkage! And you got your booster dilemma resolved, at last!

Mel - I'm glad you finally got to see your son and all is well. It's nice to see then get out on their own, even when we miss then at home.

My daughter is going to be here tomorrow! I'm so excited!! We talk on the phone almost every day, but I haven't seen her since last spring. And she'll be so much closer now!

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

SeeQ, I can’t imagine missing her for that long. I’m so glad the wait is finally over

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,459

SeeQ, so glad you are seeing your daughter, enjoy the visit.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 723

Candy - great news on shrinkage! Great detective work on 4th booster! I love it when patients can teach their docs something.

Laurie - I understand being near family. Being 6 minutes from one daughter is the best. And our other daughter in Philly would be here the next day if I needed someone. Thankfully my husband is very supportive. I’m so sorry that your hubs alcohol addiction has continued to be a burden. You are a wise woman to be with the ones you love.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Good to read everyone's posts. I don't know what I would do without this group. Thanks for hanging with me, even though I am a pest and a worrier at times. My posts probably irk some of you that I go on and on about things. I do have too much time on my hands.

Mel- Glad to hear your DS is doing well. Maybe the beginnings of his and your relationship changing--- seeing him as a man on his own. I like the idea of taking him shopping for house stuff for his birthday. I do hope you get a dog. My cat is my roommate. We share the house, and it is nice.

Not much on the agenda for me today, or this week. A couple of webinars-- about cancer of course. I know I do not need to dwell on cancer all the time, but these webinars are free and in my own home. And I do love to learn. So I think of them as classes to learn from. Wish Covid was gone. Maybe an out-to-eat-with-a-friend if no Covid to worry about. But not yet. And way too cold for outside--- tomorrow and Thursday highs in the 20's only.

• kbl

Candy-678, we are here for you. You do not irk. You are concerned and have a right to be. I also watch webinars periodically. We can always learn new things. Hugs.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

We were told this morning that my friend and my special sons' worker Debbie passed away yesterday evening. She was told 3 weeks ago she was full of cancer. Her daughter was by her side. Debbie was an advocate for animals and had a dog named Sadie. Sadie was also very sick and she knew she would have to put her to sleep. Sadie was put down yesterday and shortly after Debbie passed away. She asked another worker to take care of her boys should anything happen to her.

We will all miss her. Today is a day of reflection and hope for all our MBC sisters.

• candy-678

So sorry for your loss LivingIVlife. My sister died of MBC in August-- 1 month after her diagnosis. Cancer is so horrid.

• kbl

LivingIVLife, I am so sorry about your friend and her pup. My heart is heavy for the passings that are happening right now. Hugs.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Oh, Living, I'm so sorry to hear about Debbie and her sweet pup. If I could have my way, I'd go quickly. I'm glad her daughter was by her side. Life is so sad sometimes...

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

LivingIVLife, so sorry to hear of your son's care provider dying. The trust between family and caregivers in group homes are so strong - you entrusted your boy to her. She was part of your life & you will all miss her. So sorry.

Candy- good news on the lung thingies & it sounds like you had a nice visit with your MO

Mel - happy to hear your son is over the infection & back to getting himself all set up.

SeeQ - yay your dd will be close soon

tangandchris - definitely raise that with your physicians just so you know what they think it means. It could be something that they can't dx right now but it's something that should be explained to you.

Nothing new here. Still slowly going crazy waiting to hear about the funding for my next line. Trying to keep busy with chores etc.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Candy Yay for good results. Hope you feel all of our joy from Mel's living room. I did hear something about the 4th booster today from a study in Israel. Didn't pay close attention but will follow it.

Living sorry about Debbie's passing. The way you described her I feel she's part of your family. I pray you will find another caretaker for your son, another angel.

Mel I hope you get the puppy you love. You've always had a pet ever since I've known you.

Mae it was great to see your cabin yesterday. You guys did a lot of work. My grandkids were out of school yesterday and I got a late start to the day. The house was upside down and I was enjoying group and then the doorbell rang. Visitors on top of a mess and kids. My brother and step mom so.... It seemed to be a session that you could truly inspire educate and give hope to all of those ladies. You're amazing.

Tanya

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 723

Living - condolences on the loss of your friend. And her pup too. Cancer is the great life robber😢😢😢😢

• candy-678

I finished my 30-minute exercise routine today !!! Some days I have to stop after 15-20 minutes. Today I felt more energy and rode it for the 30 minutes. I did report to my MO at yesterday's appointment about the generalized lack of energy and the episodes of hit-a-brick-wall fatigue. I saw she documented it in her notes (I see her notes on the patient portal). Just have to go day by day on what I can accomplish.

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

We are having a sunny day today, which is unusual for this area in winter. We tend to be gray and socked in with cloud. I should be outside but like Mara, everywhere I might walk is a sheet of ice with those little styrofoam snow pellets on top which equal a bruised butt, jarred elbow or banged head. So I stay in. I suppose I could go trompsing through the knee deep snow but once my boots are full, then it's a cold trip back to the house. So I sit here, like a slug.

Riding along for anyone who would like pocket company. Hi to all.

• kbl

Hi, Runor. I hate my humid summers, but I can get relief from the heat. I will take it over snow. I'm sorry it's usually so gray there. I'm glad you're getting some sun.

Candy-678, I’m so glad you were able to finish. A do a mile walk every day and that’s it. Great credit for exercising.

• livingivlife

Thanks to all for your kind words of condolences. I am waiting on word on whether I can have my son out tomorrow for the day. Because of the ever increasing numbers of covid on the island, new restrictions are being put in place regarding household conditions. If they won't let him come then it could be a couple of weeks before we see him. He doesn't understand why so this is very difficult for him and us.

Candy- Great you are are getting in your exercise routine. I know I need to get my butt going but the weather hasn't allowed for much outdoor activity. That's my excuse!

• mara51506

LIving, I am sorry to hear about your friends passing, my condolences to you and all her friends and family.

Runor, only way I go outdoors now is with cleats on my runners. Not chancing being without them. Can easily swap shoes when I get to the store.

I am quite shocked. Today I got an email from property management people that they have put salt on each outdoor floor and have shovelled. I've not checked out front though one of the residents did the shovelling. I am pleased the salt was brought to have to salt it down. We will see how it all goes.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052

Go Mara whip them into shape !

• mara51506

Happy that at least the outside can be made safer and residents not have to shovel. They are still threatening paralegals to residents as they still want us out but still will be a while before we can be kicked out since there are not even building permits yet. But yes, I feel good having them give us salt for safety.

• micmel

Mara~ I am so sorry that you're dealing with this. Those jerkos could use a good ass kicking. Or for it to happen to a daughter or child in his own life. To see what it feels like. To feel the feeling of right and wrong. Knowing the clear answer already. I know how they sleep at night.

• micmel

Mara~ I am so sorry that you're dealing with this. Those jerkos could use a good ass kicking. Or for it to happen to a daughter or child in his own life. To see what it feels like. To feel the feeling of right and wrong. Knowing the clear answer already. I don’tknow how they sleep at night.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Reporting for pocket duty to any and all. It’s VERY cold here in PA, but it’s tolerable because I am surrounded by those who love me. I am SO grateful for my sisters and their families. It’s like they give you a giant hug. Everything is in place for my road-trip North. I’m picking up my sister (from TX) on March 7th and will arrive here on March 10th. Feels like I’m starting a new life

Mel, have been thinking about you and getting a new dog. I am totally convinced that you need puppy love, or at least doggy love. Puppies are wonderful if you have the stamina to do the work. Lots of pee pads and poop pickup. But they can be so wonderful too. Hoping your DH will see the benefits to you that a new addition would bring.

• mara51506

Laurie, so glad you will be with family and yes it is pretty cold there. We are mild right now but supposed to have some sort of instant freeze situation which will make things pretty icy but my cleats can get through it. I am comfortable with them and able to swap out cleated shoes to my other normal shoes super quick with my shoe horn.

Have to get out to get a prescription I kept forgetting about. Will be about 1/2 walk each way but I am confident in my walking ability. The only thing I would not attempt at this point is deep snow.

• micmel

BooBoo~I desperately want a dog. Maybe 4 years old. A rescue. I want to rescue a dog. There are so many that need homes. I’m glad you’ll be closer to your family. It’s cold as heck here in Pa. But you just limit your outdoor exposure. I hate the hot hot and the cold cold. Fall is my favorite then spring. Winter makes me feel old. Hurts my bones.

I just want you to be happy , I hope moving back here does that for you. Maybe you find your peace. I hope that for you. Wrapping you in hugs.

• mara51506

Well, back from the walk to and from the pharmacy. Exhausted to be honest, mostly because I am not walking as far but also how much I feel I have to lift my foot. I know this walk is better overall for me but is tiring when I do not do it all the time. I also came home at the wrong time as high school was letting out and there was a lineup of cars to get through to get to my street. Plus side, did not slip and slide though one of the cleats fell off my shoe. Wound up standing on the wet ground since I could not find my balance initially to put the cleat back on properly. Put my cleats on while seated at the pharmacy for the walk home. The adjustable shoe horn is fantastic though I must say but it will be really nice not to need cleats once spring comes around.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,709

Well, my Herceptin is a no go at the local clinic. I sent a message in November that I’d be resuming my infusions there beginning 1/17/22 but I had to see the onc 1st (understandable) but that was one 1/10. So far I’ve only been told that they need new insurance approval but my insurance found no request, calls go to dead air or VM if I’m lucky and messaging via portal are unanswered, ugh. We’re heading back to Houston Friday, so I’ve asked MDA to fit me in next week, they may not always remember my name but it is a well oiled machine. Hopefully, the local place will use the extra time and the direct phone number for insurance approvals I provided to get everything in place for the next time. I’m annoyed but trying to convince myself that it’ll go smoothly after this.

Our friend (west Nile guy) gifted me a pair of binoculars and a birding book since I’m interested and the wildlife is so abundant here, so far today, I’ve seen a western bluebird, chipping sparrow and a mourning dove 😁

• mara51506

Mae, hope everything goes smoothly for you next day, enjoy your birding experiences as well!

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Sheesh, mae, what a pain about your Herceptin. But how cool that your friend gifted you a set of bino's and a bird book. Have fun with those!

mara, stay safe out there!

• livingivlife

Mae- how often do you go for your Herceptin? I take it waiting a week is ok? It is still a nuisance especially when you think everything is in order. How nice of your friend to gift you the binoculars and book.