Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Mara, I’m glad you made it to your mri and home again. You have a lot of stamina to get that done when not feeling your best. I hope the results come back clean, of course. I’ve seen Tim Horton’s in Canada on a few trips to Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake but haven’t tried anything yet. I’m sure having lunch was a good way to build up your energy and a nice treat too!

My hip and leg pain is improving some, but sitting in the car is still very painful after about 5 minutes. I think it must be nerve related but I still don’t know how I got it at all. I’m hoping there’s a path back to feeling normal, or close to it. My appetite is returning but without my sweet tooth, which is a good thing as long as it lasts.

Does anyone here play Wordle? It’s a newish word game that has a new puzzle once a day. At first I was pretty stumped but a FB friend kept putting up her results so I tried again. This is the link if you want to give it a go!

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

Hello to everyone. 😊. I read along, and care about you,but like some others said, I cannot keep what all is going on in my head, at least not lately.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Covid shot #4 done today. Hoping for minimal side effects and good coverage against Covid.

• GoKale4320
    GoKale4320 Member Posts: 580

Mae - I have an app called Merlin Bird ID designed by Cornell. I love it! One feature is Sound ID. When I go outside, I can turn it on and it will identify the birds I hear if it’s loud enough.

• going2beatthis
    going2beatthis Member Posts: 190

Covid shot #4?

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Gokale, thanks for the tip!

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,459

Well, taking it easy on my feet today, they were quite sore yesterday after the walking, I feel like it would cause extra foot pain to do anything today. Waiting on a backup pair of cleats. Will always have two incase one of them would break. I know winter is not super long but it can be mild and melt one day and then become an ice rink the next day. I will honestly be glad when sidewalks clear and I can try longer distance walks with my walker. That way if I need it, I can take a rest break anywhere.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

mara, that has to be scary - never knowing when the ice is going to be there! I'm glad you're careful but sorry you're having to be sort of cooped up! Isn't is nice, though, that we can order stuff like cleats on line? Yay for Amazon.

Carol

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,459

Sunshine, I don't mind being home. We've not yet had what I would call tons of snow and cleats really do bite into the ice. I admit, I prefer a clear sidewalk myself. My feet are feeling much better on the bottom

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

Oh my goodness I am feeling so lazy today. I finally got out of bed about 45 minutes ago, ate a bowl of potato salad. It’s cold in the house so sat on the floor in the living room next to my space heater and just completely vegged out for about 30 minutes. Stared at the dust, need to dust. Need to vacuum, clean the bathroom….hire a housekeeper Back in bed now. I need some energy! I’m sure the potato salad didn’t help.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Kikomoon, potato salad and then crawling back in bed sounds wonderful.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

Kikomoon, I am feeling the same today. I had a nap and have been telling my husband I feel like mush. I haven’t felt this tired in a while. I don’t like it. I’ve spent most of the day in bed just looking at my phone. I hope those feeling this way today feel better tomorrow.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052

going ~ means booster number 2 for covid

• Kikomoon

Well I’m up now. One of my kitties has thrown up a few times today and she is not hungry at all, very unlike her. For her sister, the occasional throw up is expected. We are watching her and waiting for the emergency vet to open at 6, deciding if we need to take her. She is a young girl, not sure if she ate something or what.

• kbl

Kikomoon, I’m sorry about your kitty. Nothing like someone needing you to get you to wake up. I hope she’s okay.

• micmel

I hope the kitty is ok. They are so tiny when they are kittens. Youre Good pet parents…. Let us know how the kitty is doing.

Moth~ how are you doing.

SeeQ ~ hope you're doing well.

Sondra~ hope all is well.

Just hoping all the ladies are holding their own!!

Tanya BooBoo living KBL Mara Sunshine Runor chiris hellos to you all.

• micmel

I hope the kitty is ok. They are so tiny when they are kittens. You're Good pet parents…. Let us know how the kitty is doing.

Moth~ how are you doing.

SeeQ ~ hope you're doing well.

Sondra~ hope all is well.

Just hoping all the ladies are holding their own!!

Tanya BooBoo living KBL Mara Sunshine Runor chiris hellos to you all.

• Kikomoon

thanks KBL, she’s up now and actively waiting for dinner, so she must be better. Will watch her tonight. I hope tomorrow you and I have more energy. I have thoroughly wasted this day, other than throwing some stuff on a pizza crust and doing dishes. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

• going2beatthis
    going2beatthis Member Posts: 190

I had a no energy day today too! Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

• illimae

Just got back to Houston and I’m beat. I’ll catch up tomorrow, goodnight all 🙂

• kbl

Mae, I’m glad you arrived safely. Hope you get lots of rest.

Going2BeatThjs and Kikomoon, I’m up at 4:00, not able to sleep. Here is to a better energy day.

I’m glad your kitty was wanting to eat, Kikomoon.

Candy-678, how are you feeling? I know you had a fourth shot. Just checking to see how you are.

Thank you, Mel, for the shoutout.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Well all, I did not check the Boards since Friday (it is now Sunday). I had Covid shot #4 on Friday. Going2BeatThis the CDC recommended 4 shots for the immunocompromised. 3 for their primary series (as opposed to 2 for the general public) and then a 4th (booster) after 5 months. I developed a fever of 101.5 along with a headache on Friday night. Felt bad Saturday too. Now, Sunday, feeling better.

Pocket duty list for the week of Jan 24-

Elderberry- MO appointment Monday for bone marrow biopsy results

Tanya- MRI Monday

LivingIVLife- Scans Tuesday

Mara- CT Thursday

• kbl

I’m glad you’re feeling better, Candy-678

• micmel

sorry Candy. That’s why I don’t want to get it done. I hate that!!!! Glad you’re feeling better.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

I'm just popping in to say hi. My daughter has been here and we've been really busy. We spent two days house/apartment hunting in her new area. We found a cute little house in a nice neighborhood that's just the right distance from work and so close to everything younger adults want to be close to. And they accept big dogs. We're just waiting on the application process and should be able to move her in this week.

We spent yesterday investigating the local shopping in my new tiny town. It was fun and there are a couple of stores that pleasantly surprised me. I have a quick trip to OK for some legal matters (dh's family stuff) and my new PCM appt on Friday. It's going to be a busy week.

I have been following and thinking of you all. I'll be riding in pockets for anyone who needs it this week.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

candy: You are awesome in keeping track of all of us. I can barely keep my own stuff on track. I have been pretty chill on the biopsy but as Monday gets closer the anxiety is building.

• illimae

Pocket duty for all with cookies, I’ve got chocolate chip, white chocolate macadamia and peanut butter chip.

• Rosie24

Elderberry, Tanya, LivingIVLife, Mara, pocket duty for you all!

Candy, Glad you’re feeling you’re feeling better now. Adding my thanks for keeping track of events for us so we can do pocket duty. It does help to know we’re not alone with all these things we have to do.

I have one more week off before seeing MO on 1/31 to decide what’s next. She’s hoping the Foundation One report comes back by then, not sure why it’s taken this long but I suspect she wasn’t on the ball with getting it ordered right. I haven’t had any contact from anyone about the trial. Chances are it’s not the next step for me as I’m now a little nervous about being off treatment for a while.

Kikomoon, hope your kitty is doing better.

Snowy day here, pretty to be inside and just watch it.

• Rosie24

imageCardinals aren’t rare here, or maybe anywhere, but we like to see them on gray days.

• illimae

Awesome bird pic Rosie.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Rosie that is a beautiful picture of the cardinal.

I'm on pocket duty this week for anyone needing some extra hugs and Junior Mints!

I have a CT scan on Tuesday but probably won't get results until next week when I see my MO.