Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 827

Hi ladies I have been following along and just want to send big hugs to you all. Life is tough ,as we are dealing with our own illnesses and still trying to be there for our loved ones.It definitely is challenging to say the least.I try not to question why but it's difficult sometimes!
    My hubby and I say we at times live in our pretend world somedays to give ourselves a mental break from the stress. He had a major heart attack the end of April at 55 y/o and wasn't high risk and now has heart damage as we are going for a consult next week for a defibrillator. We just look at each other and say what the hell happened to us.

Think of all of you everyday and remember everyone in my prayers. I pray for strength and hope for all ofus.

Hugs 🤗

Oh and yes if this living room was real I would be there with homemade chocolate chips warm and gooey out of the oven and maybe some melting vanilla ice cream to pair with it.. yum 😋

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Mel- I am so glad your daughter's results showed a cyst instead of a cancerous lump. My daughter does get her regular mammograms but I asked her about checking for the BRCA mutation. I don't think she is there yet. Your sister was so smart to get a second opinion and while the outcome of lymphoma is so difficult to handle let's hope the chemo intervention will knock it back. It is a worry for you but your sister knows you are there for her.

Kittykat and Kikomoon- it is so good to hear from you although it sounds like you have had a rough go of it. In your pocket for better days.

Mara- I'm happy you had the conversation with your brother regarding the upcoming holidays. As we get closer to the days you may even change your mind.

Emac- I think today is your Birthday so Happy birthday 🎂 🥳 and enjoy your carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Yum Yum 😋

Booboo- I know you were having your scan this week. I have been in your pocket and you have been in my thoughts.

I know there is so much more that I missed so I apologize but please know I am in all your pockets.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,453

Mel, in your pocket, echoing the relief your sister got a second opinion. No point worrying what would have happened if she didn't other than acknowledging that would have been disastrous. Focus your energy on yourself as you need to be taken care of and she will need support as well. We will give all of our spare energy supporting you.

Going to start a new way of eating since there are so many things I like to eat. I want to speed up my metabolism and I am not a fan of fasting for myself. 150 to 300 cals per meal and just shrink down what I normally eat so I can get a bit of everything. Walking on the treadmill to build up my endurance after meals as well, we will see how this all works. I am not gaining weight anymore but it would not hurt if I lost some either.

Other than that, not doing too much except laundry, surveys etc, supposed to be stormy so checking mail will wait until Monday.

Candy, since you track scans, I will let you I have an MRI to check my brain on Sept 1st. App't to get results Sept 8th.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

Mel, such mixed news - joy for your daughter and worry for your sister. Hopefully, her kids will step up after they get over the shock and reality sinks in.

Mara in your pocket for scans.

I'm still reading along, but having trouble posting. I can't seem to put my thoughts together. One minute, I'm down from our recent losses and those that are struggling, the next minute I'm scattered all over the place. I feel like the two are related.

I promised pictures from my Alaska trip, and I figured a collage was the easiest way.

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

seeq—- THANKS for sharing photos from your trip. They are so pretty!

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

mel: from relief to more anxiety. I am sorry that your sister's diagnosis was confirmed. I am also so sorry that you cannot be with her in treatments etc. The stress just piles on.

seeq: thank you for sharing pics. I like to travel vicariously

Hi to all. Waiting to hear the results of everyone's scans!!

• mara51506

Seeq, those are beautiful pictures and gorgeous scenery, glad you enjoyed your trip.

It can be hard to know what to say, I try to remember not to just launch into what I have to say which usually is not heavy duty. I find the in your pocketing lending support works for me as I don't always know what to say myself.

One thing that happened to day that made me quite happy and surprised they actually finally got it done was a doorknob was finally put on my keyless entry at the back after a month. I am hoping they choose to fix the outside box so mail service can resume, we will see. Not going to nag on that more than I have. I'll be happy with this win.

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Booboo(Laurie) - Thinking of you and your scan.

Seeq - What great pictures

Mara - Glad that you got the doorknob! Finally !

Mel - I wish the room was real too. Thinking of you and your sister as you both struggle through this but I am so glad your daughter's tests were good.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. It's been a quiet day today and I'm headed to dinner with my folks in about an hour. I've been having some pressure behind my eyes and in my head, it gets worse when I stand, like the top of my head wants to explode. My doc ordered another brain MRI on 9/13. I'm not sure they will find anything. I had one in February that was fine. He's just being cautious because I've had some memory trouble and am sometimes struggling with words which I think is probably more fatigue. We'll see. I have my routine chest/abdomen/pelvis CT scan on 9/20 so I should have lots of info on everything by the end of September.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

emac: whenever I got to "Active Topics" and click on your name I get this -- every time

The Discussion Boards experienced a technical issue from which it could not recover.

System administrators have been notified of this problem and will work hard to make sure it does not happen again.

Meanwhile, you may be able to continue to use other areas of our site.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

It doesn't happen with any other of the ladies.

• mara51506

In your pocket for your MRI Emac.

• mara51506

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Good afternoon ladies

Mel that was quite a scare. Pocket duty for you as you go through treatment concerns with your sister.

SeeQ lovely Alaska pictures. The water is such a beautiful shade of blue.

Mara grateful they finally fixed your doorknob.

Pocket duty for Emac through Sept.

I hope those struggling through pain and treatment get a break today. Rosie I hope you get your pain issues straightened out soon.

Boo-boo I hope you are doing well.

I sautéed veggies for breakfast (mushrooms red onions parsley zucchini cauliflower carrots and a sprinkle of hard cheese) with a half a Dave’s bagel and beyond veggie sausage coffee of course.

I am picking up my brother from airport this afternoon so quite excited about that.

Waving hello to the living room and doing a pirouette before plopping down on the couch.

Tany

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

Tanya, love the pirouette image! Lol

Laugh for the day... my favorite thing about this Swiss cheese memory the Verzenio gives me, is figuring out a problem (usually, where the hell am I going to put this, since I'm downsizing) only to find out I figured out the problem the same way before, I just didn't remember it! Every day is a new day! Lol

• emac877

elderberry - weird! I went into my settings and made sure it's all updated. The name links seem to work on my end but I'm not sure why that wouldn't work for you, I'm not super savvy with website and computer technology though so maybe others might have suggestions.

Seeq - I'm so glad you mentioned swiss cheese memory with Verzenio. I really have felt the last few months like it's gotten worse for me. I've been on the Verzenio for 2.5 years or so now and some days I feel downright senile. Going to talk to my MO about a dose reduction when I see him in September.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,050

such a shame. So full of life and happiness. Fly free beautiful friend. Thoughts of peace for her family.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Pocket duty list for this week-

Booboo- MO for test results on Tuesday

Mara- Brain MRI on Thursday

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Cookie,

I am very sorry to read about your DH’s heart attack. How very scary when those things happen. It sounds like he has a good path forward, so that’s encouraging.

I had my PET scan on Wed. and was so nervous about the results. Thank you for all who were in my pocket. It seemed like the test went very fast, so that’s good. The results are very hard to determine. I see my Onc on Tuesday this week, so I know she will lay it on me no matter the outcome. From what I could understand, there has been progression in the liver, but I have no idea where I stand. I’ll post again when I know more.

I hope you all have a good Sunday and the rest of your weekend.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

wrenn, you beat me to it, thanks 🙂 Moth’s bio is so interesting. I can’t even imagine living in a communist country with such limitations and as recently as the 60’s. As a younger American, it’s just so bizarre.

It’s the part of my treatment cycle where I puke every morning for a few days, so taking it real easy.

Hi to everyone

• mara51506

Wrenn, thank you for the link to the page. I am glad I was able to remember Moth and hopefully in addition to all of the other messages about Moth, her family will know how much she was loved in many places as well.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 827

Booboo thanks , yes so very scary! I need one of us to remain healthy to be here for our “kids” not really kids 23 and 27. Hoping he is on the mend and will remain stable with defibrillator.

Hugs for you and all who have appointments this week🤗 Trying to heal my mouth for restart of Xeloda this week been using all my various tricks🤞🏻 Feet and hands started acting up as usual , gonna reduce my dose by 500mg this week to see if it helps with my HFS🤞🏻

Moth sure sounded like quite an amazing woman! Thanks for sharing that beautiful tribute.

Good day to all!

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 609

Thank you for sharing the link to Moth's tribute, what a wonderful thing to do, so many great photos of her and her lovely family. I pray she is at peace and her family is comforted.

Pocket duty for anyone who needs it this week, I made (aka whacked open a refrigerated can of) organic cinnamon rolls, which of course means they are Healthy, lol. Sticky and gooey, I'll bring hand wipes.

I've started going through my books, and oh, the memories. The old paperbacks from the house-turned-bookstore in Seattle, when I first started college, I can clearly remember going up the wooden stairs and the smell of books, one of my favorite smells anywhere. Books given to me and inscriptions written on the first page. Books that I will never get rid of because they feel like part of my life, and books that make me laugh out loud just holding them again. Any book that makes me say, "meh" is getting donated. I'm trying to overall get rid of stuff, but going through my books is like reliving parts of my life. It's been surprisingly lovely.

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 758

Wrenn,

Many thanks for the link to Moth's tribute pages, so full of love and life, just as she was.

Tina

• micmel

she was pretty amazing. But you are all amazing in your own ways. Don’t ever forget that. Ever.

• mara51506

You are too Mel! How are you and your sister doing?

• emac877

Thank you Wrenn for the link to Moth's memorial page.

Booboo1 - praying the news on your PET scan is not as bad as anticipated. I will be in your pocket for that.

Mara - Also in your pocket for the MRI.

SF-Cakes - the smell of books is amazing. The first time I went to Powell's Bookstore in Portland I was overwhelmed. I think I could have spent days there!

Mae - Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Hello to Mel's living room! I hope you are all having a good weekend.

• mara51506

Emac, my weekend was pretty quiet. Decided to have a movie night and watched a couple of movies, Candyman (original one) and as a double feature, watched an older comedy Airplane. I have always found that movie to be stupidly funny and really enjoyable. Also had a good bowl of butter popcorn and it was nice.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

What a beautiful tribute to Moth. She was a wonderful dedicated woman.

Yesterday was a another beautiful day here so I took my special son out for the afternoon. Boy did we do a lot of walking. Probably 2 1/2 hours. On Sundays Charlottetown has an open market on the main street with all kinds of vendors. We also walked down to the main harbor where they have a bunch of specialty summer shops. Of course we had to have ice cream! There was a huge cruise ship in the dock so it was very busy. By the time we got back to the car we were both tired but the best part was when he gave me a big tight hug and kissed me on the cheek! Last night I watched my favorite shows of House of the Dragons (Game of Thrones spin off) and City on the Hill with Kevin Bacon.

On pocket duty this week for all scans , report results and for everyone going through difficult days from this shit disease.

Thinking of all you special sisters !

• mara51506

Oh, Laurie, I love House of the Dragon, I was happy to see the music back for the opening theme as well. Those openings are really good. I believe the blood was showing all the bloodlines of the different branches of the family. Interesting for sure.

• micmel

I can’t wait to watch it tomorrow morning. It’s my Tuesday morning show. My DH works from the office on Tuesday and Wednesday so I watch all my shows. It gives me some time alone to paint and chill out. I’ve been doing a lot of hoping for my sister. They did a go fund me for her at work and it’s doing well so that makes me happy. I just hope none of those kids of hers gets their hands on it. She’s not working she can’t work. She needs this for herself and to keep her life afloat. Sometimes people can be good. Too I guess.

• molliefish
    molliefish Member Posts: 650

Our Moth was so much more.. she was a butterfly. xoxox