Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lita57

Options

Comments

• Hilldegunn
    Hilldegunn Member Posts: 25
    Options

lifting you up lita with the love ❤️ and light of our Lord

• farmerlucy
    farmerlucy Member Posts: 596
    Options
    Sending you light and love from the Denver Airport. I'll say an extra prayer for you at 31,000 feet.
  • cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,739
    Options

Lighting a candle, turning on some opera, and pouring a glass of red wine right now- life is just too damn short, but we can all enjoy a summertime evening moment, lifting up and toasting Lita and Kandy!!

• wam
    wam Member Posts: 98
    Options

I pray for all of us!

• openmind
    openmind Member Posts: 17
    Options

Lita,

We are traveling in France, so sending love and a candle from St. Nicholas Church in Nice

• Max_otto
    Max_otto Member Posts: 124
    Options
    LIta,
    Sending warm hugs,
    Lighting a candle of hope for a peaceful night.

• Wendy3
    Wendy3 Member Posts: 872
    Options

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,082
    Options

Lita - I'm another one who has always appreciated your posts. I'm glad Candy starting this site so we can keep track of you. Lighting a bayberry candle & pouring a glass of Malbec. Holding you in my thoughts.

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    Options

Just lit my candle-sending all my BC sisters prayers and love,

Babs

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    Options

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    Options

Lita, praying for you and all my breast cancer sisters. May God lift you up and carry you through this terrible trial.

Faith

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

As Patty, and maybe Kandy know, I'm a flutist. I played 10:30 am and 12 noon ET masses today, sending waves of music, love and peace, and healing for all. At both masses we did "Prayer of Saint Francis."

Thinking also of Noni, three months on hospice. 

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    Options

Lita, I have lit a candle for you, and I am lifting you up in prayer. We are all with you in spirit.

Hugs, Lynne

• Believe51
    Believe51 Member Posts: 28
    Options

Lita, Sending prayers for strength, hope and love. Hugs, Marti

• GracieM2007
    GracieM2007 Member Posts: 1,255
    Options

Lita, lit my candle for you and sent up prayers! You are a warrior!!!!

• chelleg
    chelleg Member Posts: 396
    Options

imageLove and light going out to Lita and family!!!! May you feel our loving embrace from across the miles.

❤️❤️ From Chelle in keenesburg colorad

• BellasMomToo
    BellasMomToo Member Posts: 93
    Options

Lita (waving). I'm another bay area admirer. Sending good thoughts to you!

• marylark
    marylark Member Posts: 159
    Options

For you Lita with prayer

A candle is lit despite my inability to post a picture.

M

• ABeautifulSunset
    ABeautifulSunset Member Posts: 600
    Options

Light for Lita 💕💕💕💕

• urge-to-wander
    urge-to-wander Member Posts: 3
    Options

Dear Lita,

You don't know me as I've posted a grand total of about three times, I think, all on the permanent neuropathy thread, but I have been following your posts on the steam room for anger thread for many months now and like so many others have admired you enormously (albeit anonymously). I wanted to come out of hiding to reinforce that you have had a wonderful influence on so many people that you are not even aware of (as have so many posters on this board) and to let you know that it's given me a peaceful feeling lighting a candle for you which is burning brightly as I write this and to say that I am grateful for the opportunity to feel solidarity with everyone who is participating or thinking of you this evening.

One thing that's really helped me to at the very least relax both my mind and body, but which often have the desired effect of making me fall asleep is listening to guided meditations. I really like Jon Kabat-Zinns' Body Scan (which is supposed to have the effect of falling "awake" but you feel so relaxed afterwards that it's easier to sleep). I really like his philosophy that if you are still breathing there is more right with you than wrong with you. I also find that he has an incredibly calming manner about him and after reading his book "Full Catastrophe Living" I'm convinced that he is a very caring person. The other meditations I really like for either falling asleep or for "healing journeys" are by "The Honest Guys." All these videos are available for free on YouTube. There are guided meditations on YouTube with religious themes as well. An iPad and head phones work really well so that you can listen in bed in the wee hours of the morning. I find that eVen if I can't fall asleep it's much less stressful to remain awake if I'm relaxed and when my mind is not full of worrying thoughts (and more thoughts, and then yet more thoughts).

Just wanted to share in case you are looking to add to your arsenal of sleeping aids.

I wish you a restful and peaceful night.

Carolyn

• Southernsurvivor
    Southernsurvivor Member Posts: 569
    Options

Lit a candle for you too, Lita - it's shining as bright as you do!

Praying for strength, peace, and comfort.

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    Options

Thank you, Carolyn, for the relaxation tips. I will look those up on You Tube on my tablet.

Kandy, are you taking steroids, too? Oh, I feel for you!

And thank you so much, my dear friends, for the candles. Words cannot express how much I appreciate this heart-felt gesture of solidarity, healing and strength that we all share with each o.ther. I really felt the love and support this evening. The uploaded shots are beautiful and brought a lot of joy to me.

Any newcomers can rest assured that we are ALWAYS here for each other...thru the tough times, like now, and thru the triumphs of good scan results. So many women are going thru a lot of physical and emotional pain right now. As Stage 4 women, we suffer from the anxiety that comes with an uncertain future. What news will this month's scan bring? Will I have to switch Tx again? Will I be able to tolerate all the SEs? How am I going to continue to work when I'm so fatigued and want to puke all the time? Why isn't my family more supportive? Why are my drs giving me the run around? We understand all these issues, and we lift each other up.

May our candles shine on brightly, illuminating hope, support and healing for EVERY ONE of us now and always.

Lita

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    Options

Lita, I couldn't light a candle last night as the hotel would have a fit, but thinking of you and everyone else. May today be brighter than yesterday.

• annoyingboob
    annoyingboob Member Posts: 459
    Options

I use a free app called 'insight timer' that has lots of different meditations as well as just relaxing music. There is a whole section on sleep, too. Praying you get some rest.

• momallthetime
    momallthetime Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

LITA!!! GM!!!! Had to wait for my daughter to show me how to do it!! To you sweetie, we are all with you!!

• chelleg
    chelleg Member Posts: 396
    Options

Morning,noon,night.... doesn't matter! Let's keep the light of love and hope burning,for all,who are suffering!!!

Kandy,Dani and Mom,LindaE..... and many more who my feeble brain can't recall at the moment!!!

Love Chelle

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    Options

Lita, you continue to lead. Your words were beautifully written.

• Lita57
    Options

Your candles worked!

I actually got around FOUR hours of sleep last night, woo hoo!

I've been keeping an LED perpetual candle lit these last several days for everyone, including myself.

Trying to get a few more things cleared away and organized while I still have the mental capacity to do so, then leaving at 3:20 for WBR session #3. I'll take my CBD tincture when I come back. It's tricky to time all these meds so they don't interact with each other.

Thanks again, ladies.

• BabyRuth
    BabyRuth Member Posts: 107
    Options

Lita-I am so glad you were able to get some much needed sleep. I hope that tonight you get even more! Good luck with session #3. Keeping you in my prayers always!

• Lita57
    Options

My turn to light candles for you, my dear, supportive friends, just before I go to brain radiation again.