Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lita57

Options

Comments

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    Options

Lita,

Your Mr C certainly gets around. It seems him has danced with quite a few of us. Hope you get the scumbag.

I second the heat and dehydration. Drink, drink, drink. It's still scary.

Can't wait to hear about your new glasses.

Will join the que with prayers on Sunday.

• Waitingforspring
    Waitingforspring Member Posts: 11
    Options

Lita I too am a silent follower of you and your journey. I admire you greatly and will join the que this Sunday. I too have brain mets with liver and right lung nodules involved. I am praying for you and your family as well as those who are taking care of you. Gods peace and loving touch be with you always
  • dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    Options

Lita, I'm so sorry about your fall. I'm glad the radiologist is trying to get you in quickly. As difficult as it is to be pushy, I think it's really important to act quickly to get things rolling. And I love Chelle's candle idea.

I also wanted to volunteer if no one has already to get and have your contact information, so that I can give it to anyone who might want to send you a card. Feel free to PM it to me, or let me know if someone else already has it. Hugs & praying w/out ceasing for you... Deanna

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    Options

I will update everyone when I get back. Got lots of errands to do today.

Whole Brain Radiation Starts TOMORROW!

• ninetwelve
    ninetwelve Member Posts: 328
    Options

Good luck, Lita, on the radiation! It can do amazing things and I'm betting it does a number on your mets.

We met on the medical marijuana thread, and well, (cough), this bud's for you!

• Lita57
    Options

Here I am next to full brain mask and with my TEMPORARY glasses. The shiners and bruises look a little better today but still hurt. Had blood work done today. RBC still low, but WBC creeping up :o).

I'll have more details later. They want to put me on Alzheimer's meds as a protection to help memory issues. Dr. Fisch specializes in brain mets, and later I will consult with neuro oncs in another city. Brain mets very serious as it's confirmed in leptomeningeal area, so we must start radiating ASAP, sadly.

Keep those prayers coming...I can FEEL them!

• mab60
    mab60 Member Posts: 365
    Options

Lita, such a warrior! And I love your stupid cancer button. I am hoping a little of you rubs off on me!

Mary Anne

• Kaption
    Kaption Member Posts: 2,934
    Options

I have one of those masks! When I finished rads they asked if I wanted to keep. I said"yes, I earned it!"

Best wishes, Lita!

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    Options

So glad to see you moving ahead with WBR, Lita. I am in awe of your beaming smile through it all.

And thank you for your contact information. If anyone wants it, just PM me. Deanna

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,132
    Options

Lita, I know that what I think does not matter, but I am so damn PROUD of you. I know how scared you were about WBR and the fact that you are leaning into the treatment AND getting the Alzheimer's meds is giving yourself the best shot. I will be thinking of you tomorrow, if you have any WBR questions let me know. Good thing, is the treatments are very quick overall.

Again, I am thinking of you and rooting you on and your smiling is a lot more than I managed myself. I cried my first day so you are giving yourself the very best chance.

• Believe51
    Believe51 Member Posts: 28
    Options

Dear Lita,

Like so many here, I'm a regular reader but seldom post. I always look forward to your posts though for your wisdom, compassion and, my favorite, your irreverent humor. May our prayers lift and sustain you and your family during your treatment and the days ahead.

Hugs,

Marti

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    Options

Lita. Even with bruises and temporary glasses you look fab -your smile lights up this board! Thank you for being such an inspiration for all of us. Now get rid of your second husband!!!!!

Bab

• LindaE54
    LindaE54 Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

I love your smile Lita! Will be with you in spirit tomorrow!

• Lita57
    Options

SUCH A BUSY DAY!

I'm pooped. After all this medical stuff, I went to a live support group and then on to Staples Office Supply to buy a dry erase board, a BIG calendar to write all my up-coming appts. on and new BRIGHT red pens. We have plenty of Post-it notes, so I plan to put those all over the house, too, to remind we what to do and where things are.

I'm making check-off lists for my board, and will slowly check them off. I guess the lesson here is to PREPARE as best one can for the onslaught of memory lapses and neuro losses. Dr. Fisch can't say exactly what will happen once the ball really gets rolling. He assured me that EVERY patient has a slightly different experience. I'm hoping my attitude will help: Just think of the radiation as God's healing beams of light, penetrating my skull and KILLING those damn cancer cells. Dr is hoping for a GOOD response and some shrinkage. We will do a brain MRI when it's all over and plan for any additional "clean up" with either cyber knife or gamma knife radiation.

Am a little concerned because all during this WBR time I'll be OFF all IV chemo, so I imagine the other little darlings in my bones, pelvis, abdomen, etc., will keep on growing. Dr said to try NOT to eat a lot of antioxidants at this time (other than what's in usual food), but no special antioxidant vitamins or even drink green tea (high in antioxidants).

Wasn't up to driving to pharmacy to pick up Alzheimer's meds yet....they probably weren't ready anyway cuz Dr has to call them in. I need to have SOME down time b4 all this starts. It's already after 5 PM and I've been at it since 8:30 this am! I'll go pick that stuff up tomorrow am. My 'roid rage is starting to act up ;o).

I did manage to mail off my insurance refund claim for the airline tix I cancelled. Boy, what a hassle THAT was. They will probably need more docs (they ALWAYS do!)

On a positive note, Dr says I CAN continue to use CBD tincture to help me sleep at night. As I've posted earlier, they did call in a sleep aid for me just in case, but Dr says I'll probably be fatigued enuf from rads to sleep, and he also said I DON'T have to take the full 16 mgs of steroids a day. I told him that I'm titrating up to about 8 mgs, and he says that's probably enough. It will also be easier to taper down from them when the time comes, too.

Sorry this is such a long post, but I really won't have much news tomorrow. The sessions should only take about 15 mins, and they're not painful. Also nice that I only have to go Thurs and Fri this week and then I'll have the weekend off. Then all 5 days next week. That is probably going to be rougher, but I'm just going to take it one day at time.

Thanks again for all your love and support,

Lita

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,577
    Options

Lita, I'm very happy to see you moving forward with a plan in place and the will to keep at it. I have radiation daily for a couple more weeks and I'll be sending you good vibes while trapped in my own face cage, lol

• momallthetime
    momallthetime Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Lita your cheering squad is in high gear! Mara used Namenda, she said it was very helpful for memory loss. The rays will be shining bright. So smart that you prepared, and it's so exciting to hear of a Doc that actually seems to give a damn.

• AnimalCrackers
    AnimalCrackers Member Posts: 542
    Options

Lita - you are a force to be reckoned with! I am so inspired by you! Give 'em hell!!! Just imagine all of us arm in arm surrounding you in the room tomorrow focusing all of our energy on obliterating those brain mets! Flash that dazzling smile, give a sly wink, and flip Mr. Cancer the royal bird! I'll be lighting a candle for you on Sunday. Sending you love and support

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,775
    Options

Lita,

So glad to hear your tx plans are moving forward, but sorry about the gardening incident. Your smile still shines!

Caryn

PS: I love Dr. Fisch! Out of the very large numbers of doctors I've seen over the last 6 years, he was one of my favorites

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    Options

Lita- you never cease to amaze me with your great attitude and take charge ways. You rock!

Babs

• Bliss58
    Bliss58 Member Posts: 938
    Options

Lita, your perseverance through all of this is awe-inspiring! Sounds like you are in good hands, so rest well with the CBD. I'll be thinking of you Sunday while lighting a candle and toasting to WBR success. Hugs, love and support.

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

Lita - Awesome work. You are amazing at caring for yourself.

>Z<

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

Good luck Lita, time for some good news for you.

• Freya
    Freya Member Posts: 329
    Options

You can do this! Hug

• Wendy3
    Wendy3 Member Posts: 872
    Options

Good luck tomorrow Lita I will muster up all my good vibes and send them your way.

Also I bought a candle today will be nice to do something together for you.

• Kandy
    Kandy Member Posts: 424
    Options

Lita, still by your side, you are such a trooper. Hang in there, we are all praying for great results.

• Falconer
    Falconer Member Posts: 801
    Options
    Lita, Holding you in the light as you venture forward. I've been so inspired by your candor and kindness. Much love to you.
  • Lynnwood1960
    Lynnwood1960 Member Posts: 1,107
    Options

Cheering for you Lita! You are one tough cookie

• midwest_laura
    midwest_laura Member Posts: 114
    Options

I'm praying for you today, Lita. May God bless you with strength to face yet another demon. May He bring you peace today.

• Believe51
    Believe51 Member Posts: 28
    Options

Sending prayers, hugs and good mojo your way!

• Southernsurvivor
    Southernsurvivor Member Posts: 569
    Options
    Lita, praying for you this morning for strength and endurance as you go through WBR. Your attitude is so amazing and infectious - you make us feel like we all can conquer this beast! Love seeing your sweet smile in the pic - you rock, girl!