Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Chemo starting April 2018

Comments

• linda2119
    linda2119 Member Posts: 60

Duffy - me too! I'm having an ultrasound tomorrow - a lump right below my scar line around my areola. I'm pretty certain it's scar tissue, but not totally certain... I'll let you know the results!

• ingerp
    ingerp Member Posts: 1,515

Ugh. I hate that some of you are feeling new lumps, particularly if you haven’t even finished treatment. Duffy, Linda—fingers crossed for you both and please let us know how it goes this week.

• duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Member Posts: 217

Linda ❤️ Sending you light and love. Hopefully we're both just dealing with the aftermath of a rough year.

• gawarrior
    gawarrior Member Posts: 368

Linda, wishing you good luck and sending prayers that goes well tomorrow! Let us know. :)

Urdrago, my muscle strength seems okay. I can't say I have any stiffness when I've been sitting for too long. Just the back pain - PT and exercise with weights (and a back brace) have been helping. Hoping you continue healing from rads and the Xeloda.

• Engine104
    Engine104 Member Posts: 241

Hi everyone,

It's great to see all of your pictures and hear ho everyone is doing.

Janice is continuing to heal and is doing PT for her shoulder. She still can't take any Motrin due to the brain bleed when she fell. They want it to hear completely. I caught a bad cold last week and unfortunately, Janice came down with it last Saturday. She's doing pretty well with it. She's always handled colds better than I have. Must be a guy thing :)

• linda2119
    linda2119 Member Posts: 60

The mammogram/ultrasound showed fat necrosis aka scar tissue, nothing else. So that's the good news. But boy, was that an experience. I had to wait an extra 30 minutes between the diagnostic mammogram and the ultrasound, and my anxiety kicked in big time. I guess it is like PTSD. I just kept thinking of the last time I sat in that waiting room (it was an ultrasound before my lumpectomy in March, before we knew the extent of my lymph node involvement. That was a rough ultrasound. I had been through 6 months of the clinical trial, all along with reports from the doctors that the tumors weren't as solid, that it felt like they were responding to the treatment, that the lymph nodes seemed smaller. Then the ultrasound tech and doctor spent a ton of time on my lymph nodes, finding another two that seemed suspicious. Of course, in my head I wasn't ready to go there, so I didn't. Turned out at surgery they were right and that things were much worse than that - 16 nodes all together.) So yeah, anxiety kicked in big time. I could not believe I was sitting there again so soon, and couldn't help but go to the what if's. Then the doctor came in and said she couldn't tell for sure that it was fat necrosis, that it could be a cyst, and that she wanted me to have a biopsy. I was devastated. Left the place just stunned that I had to have another biopsy, but this time on the opposite breast. Then about 30 minutes later, she called back. I had had a mammogram in October and when she compared that one to today's, she could say that it is fat necrosis and we'd just keep an eye on it. What a roller coaster.

Duffy - hope yours goes much more smoothly. You can do it!

• InnaB2018
    InnaB2018 Member Posts: 766

Linda, happy to hear your good news! What a trial! You deserve a glass of wine after that experience.

Duffy, good luck!

• urdrago71
    urdrago71 Member Posts: 500

♡♡Life, thats a good news.. as I write I wish they cld prevent us from having anxiety we've been thru enuff!!

Im impressed u cld tell the difference as I feel lumpy from scar tissue. Ive got benign scar from 5 oclock to 11 that occured in 2003..And now my lumpectomy/ cancer scar going from 1 oclock to 7..pretty much an x marks the spot.. i dont know if i cld tell the difference any more.

Duffy.. sending you peaceful vibes as you wait...

Cyber hugs..

• gawarrior

Linda, congrats on the good report, but what a scare - I'm sure you had to push through lots of PTSD. I would have been a basket case if they had mentioned another biospy. So happy that it was only fat necrosis. Duffy, praying that yours is the same good outcome on Thursday.

Engine, sorry you and Janice are both sick - hoping you recover quickly!

• duffyzmom

Linda Wonderful News!

I keep telling myself what the MO said. It's extremely rare for a recurrence to happen while a patient is still receiving Herceptin.

But yes, I've downloaded a bunch of episodes of Schitt's Creek onto my iPad to watch during the wait. MO took me off of all blood thinners and is hoping if it is suspicious they will do biopsy the same day as ultrasound.

• duffyzmom

Nothing like having a haircut to put a smile on my face. The left is my inspiration for where I'd like to be for this summer. Come on top of my head start growing. But it feels good to have a hairstyle again.

• ingerp

Duffy I am jealous of how straight your hair is. I feel like cutting mine all off again. These curls are so annoying.

• duffyzmom

Ingerp - yes it is strange to me. Last time I went thru chemo I had the classic chemo curl. This time nothing.

• Engine104

Janice had the chemo curl after her treatment for AML, but this time it is thin, straight and gray. She is not happy :)

• duffyzmom

Interesting Engine... maybe chemo curl is a one-time phenomena? And I'm calling my gray ash blonde. ;-)

• InnaB2018

I normally hate selfies, but just this time 😋 Ready for a hair cut! No curls, oh, well

• Engine104

Maybe, Duffyzmom.. :)

It never did come back as thick the last time and this time it is very thin on top. I have a feeling she'll be wearing wigs from now on, but at least she is here!

• ingerp

Hooray for a return to the salon, Inna!!

• urdrago71

So im sitting at doctor office.. im not doing a GI doc.

Mo here ordered bloodwork and if everything comes back good than I restart xeloda. I guess theres a test that allows them to know if a body has difficult time metabolizing chemo pills..

Another thought since i started after rads my the sensitive skin or lungs reacted to oral pill by inflammation. Now that ive had three more weeks lets see what happens. Hair is gradually coming back curly n back...

• ingerp

Urdrago your hair looks adorable!!

• InnaB2018

urdrago, looking good!

• maggie2
    maggie2 Member Posts: 240

Linda, such a relief and good news on your ultrasound results. Wishing you good news too on your ultrasound, Duffyzmom.

Urdrago, InnaB, Duffyzmom, you all look great!

• gawarrior

You look great, Urdrago! Best of luck with the Xeloda- hoping the third time is the charm, as they say.

Duffy, what's the news on your US yesterday? Love your hair - yours, too, InnaB.

• urdrago71

I really like looking at all the hair growth, we've all came so far..

So doc. Already sent me a message my cbc and comp. Looks almost like a normal person, its bounced back. He is waiting for Xeloda toxicity test to come back.

Duffy hope to hear from u soon..hugs

• debal
    debal Member Posts: 600

good morning,

Wow, everyone looks gorgeous! You all look like models!

Linda, good news for you and Duffy I hope you report the same soon. Urdrago, when will you hear back about the rest of your blood work? GAW I know you are more than ready for your exchange surgery. You will be beach body ready for the summer.

I'm plugging along on this AI. Really good during the day but once I stop to rest and then go again it's a different story. Achy old lady bones. So I guess feeling like this just 3 hours a day is not bad. We are going to Florida next week for a few days so I'm anxious to see if the warmer weather makes a difference.

Engine, how is janice feeling since her fall?

Batata, maggie, ingerp, LIFE, innaB, frog..it was nice to go back to read how everyone is doing.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Hugs to all. Deb

• urdrago71

Debal, for the bloodtest Xeloda toxicity it will take about a week, he had to send it out for testing. Hmmm, u dont have to be old to have achy old lady bones just chemo. Ive got the same issue, some days better than other days.

• debal

urdrago. I hope you get your results soon. I honestly think it's the AI affecting my bones more than the chemo. Not joint pain but deep pulsating aches in the bone. You are right. Comes and goes and some days are better than others. And the timing is pretty predictable. Your hair looks adorable and I hope the baby is doing well.

• urdrago71

Grandbaby is doing well, and growing like a weed. But I still have more hair than her😉 shes 2 months now.

The test is DPD deficiency thru genetic testing.Im hoping to hear back by Friday. If all is good one more try on Xeloda @ 25% reduction. Ive been taking omega 3/ 6 and I think its helping my bones aches. Other than that snuggled back in for another windy snowy day!

Hope everybody is doing well. Next months is a year from dx for me. I dont think its going to phase me bcuz Im still going to doctors every month. Cant wait to have a gap between appointments and SUN...

Gawarrior when do u go in for exchange?

Engine, hows Janice doing? Chemo curl is what thought I had but I found thur an old pic that proves I was curly..lol

• debal

urdrago, she is absolutely precious!! Just beautiful!!

I hope you find out your results before next weekend too.

It's super windy here. Saw a bird flying in the air into the wind. Going nowhere, just flying in place lol. 60 mph winds.

Heading to florida tomorrow. I'm ready for a little getaway. I will send the sun your way.

I hope everyone is doing well. Deb

• urdrago71

safe travels, may you have a wonderful getaway!!