Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ringworm drug for dogs (Fenbendazole) might also cure cancer

Options

Comments

• luce
    luce Member Posts: 352
    Options

JFL: yes, i'd have to cut verzenio dose by half for the week i would pulse itraconazole. no, i did not mean to liken the azoles to chemo with regards to side effects (sorry for the misunderstanding), but with regards to MOA/impact on cancer and possible resistance, etc. Definitely much weaker and with broad anticancer properties, but still affecting tubulin. I may take one some day (antibiotics, never. ditto for statins. and i am fully aware of the anticancer properties of both) but not while verzenio is working, although albendazole would possibly help dry up the effusion according to anecdotal evidence. i do worry that meben, fenben, and alben seem to uprgulate IL-8, according to a study. some people in the FB groups reported liver mets following usage. i hope the COC protocol works great for you!

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    Options

JUST FYI for those thinking the UM does Hyperthermia for liver tumors...they do not...

here is their response:

"Dear Nicole,

Unfortunately we do not have capabilities to deliver hyperthermia for the
    liver tumors. We can only treat superficial (skin tumors).

Best regards.

Zeljko Vujaskovic, M.D., Ph.D."

• bsandra
    bsandra Member Posts: 1,005
    Options

Sandra's full-body CT results just came in: all NED, just some fibrosis for left lung after the radiation. Phiuuu, what can I say. My hands still shake... was even thinking not to open the report until Monday. Just wanted to share these news with you all. I cannot be too happy though, when nothing is over, and when so many of you suffer:/

Your Saulius

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    Options

Saulius,

What wonderful news on Sandra's CT exam. I can understand your fear in opening the report. But so happy for you both!

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    Options

Best news ever Saulius! So happy for the both of you.

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    Options

OMG Saulius soooooo HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH!!!! WHOOOO HOOOO

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,310
    Options

Beautiful news to wake up to! Bravo!

• bsandra
    Options

Thank you guys... if you only knew how important your support is. Thank you. Saulius

• husband11
    husband11 Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

That is great Saulius. Very happy for the two of you.

• simone60
    simone60 Member Posts: 952
    Options

Great news Saulius! It's so nice to start the day with good news.

• Frisky
    Frisky Member Posts: 1,686
    Options

Saulius, Congratulations on NED....you’re a great steward of your wife’s health!

I wish we all had a Saulius on our side.

• husband11
    Options

Anyone here still on fenben? My wife is on the COC protocol, using mebendazole. The COC Doc told us last night that mebendazole is out of stock in the United States. We are in Canada, so my wife is checking into it today. We can still get fenben. I suspect its roughly interchangeable, but an interesting question is what is the equivalent dose? We know what does Joe Tippens used, but how does that compare to the dose of mebendazole that COC prescribes? Are they equivalent gram for gram? Or is one more potent?

• luce
    luce Member Posts: 352
    Options

husband: out of stock in compounding pharmacies also, so the raw active ingredient?

• husband11
    Options

My wife checked with our pharmacy here that we use. They have mebendazole in stock. So if the COC Doc is correct, its in short supply in the USA, but we have some here in Canada. How much, and how many pharmacies, I don't know. But we have some.

• anotherone
    anotherone Member Posts: 545
    Options

I guess you can see what dose was meant to be given to a rabbit, figure out mg per kilo of weight , multiple by the weight of an adult and compare it to 100 or 200 g of mebendasole that we are taking on COC protocol...

I have not been taking fenben for ages since I started with COC so I don't remember dosages anymore ...

• mysticalcity
    mysticalcity Member Posts: 184
    Options

Saulius-so happy to hear your wonderful news! You do need to celebrate 🎉. I continue to hold Sandra, you and everyone on this thread in my daily prayers for healing. Happy Leap Day everyone!!

• Frisky
    Options

dear Husband,

what did you end up doing to restore your wife falling hemoglobin levels?

I’m on my wits end and feeling totally depleted and weak. Than you!

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    Options

Frisky, I'm sorry for how you are feeling and hopeful that you can get those counts up and feel better.

Husband, I am no longer doing FZ.

• husband11
    Options

Frisky, my wife had a second blood transfusion back about a month ago, when we got back from our trip. They tested her a week later and her counts were up slightly compared to after the transfusion. But, they haven't done any testing now for at least 3 weeks. She is feeling better, not getting the chills and exhaustion like before, but we have no idea where her counts are at. She continues to take iron glucose complex, we eat liver 2x a week, and she started on ashwaganda over a month ago. I'd like to say this is working, but we have no feedback to know if anything is working at all. All we know is she is feeling better. We don't even know the cause of her drop in hemoglobin. The Doc's think it was a bleed, because it came on fast. But, they haven't found the site of bleed, if that exists. She is supposed to get a special contrast dye CT scan some time, but we don't know if that will be in weeks or months.

• roseo
    roseo Member Posts: 15
    Options

Does anyone have access to this article? Covers Fenbendrazole among other things. Should be interesting:

"Revisiting Non-Cancer Drugs for Cancer Therapy."

https://pesquisa.bvsalud.org/portal/resource/pt/mdl-268817121

• bsandra
    Options

Aaaa, thank you all for best wishes. You all are so kind... regarding FZ, I was wondering if Joe has already some results from the data (audit, as he called it) he was collecting? Maybe someone on FB could ask him? I suspect FZ works in synergy with some class of drugs but that has to come from deep analysis if he gets enough cases to judge:/ Saulius

• santabarbarian
    Options

Or as Frisky was guessing, maybe in concert with with fasting or methionine deprivation.

• husband11
    Options

Great news on my wife's hemoglobin. It has come up to 103 now! Either whatever unknown cause of it falling has resolved itself, and / or her glucose iron plus ashwagandha is working. That and we eat liver twice a week.

• lilahope777
    lilahope777 Member Posts: 27
    Options

So happy for you and your wife, Husband11!

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    Options

Husband,

Great news. Take the win. Hopefully it was some kind of aberration that will not reappear.

• Frisky
    Options

Dear Husband, I'm so happy to read the news regarding the resolution of your wife hemoglobin problems. Unfortunately, I now have a serious problem keeping my hemoglobin up after 3 blood transfusions. I was in urgent care at MSK for a whole week.

But I know the causes...they are all chemo related....but I will follow in her footsteps and see if ashawaganda can help me and will add the liver too.

• husband11
    Options

Oh, Frisky, I am sorry to hear that it continues for you. No one can say what caused my wife's problem. Later in the week she goes in for some sort of gastro CT. They are looking to see if she is bleeding internally. More nasty prep, fasting and clean out of the bowels, again.

• Frisky
    Options

Husband, concentrate on reading on the action of the various treatments on the blocking of the creation of red blood cells...it's very simple...our bodies are being instructed, just about by every treatment we undergo, to block that capacity to grave consequences to important organs , such as heart, liver, and kidneys,

eventually, as in my case...now they are thinking of giving me a medication that will reverse that instruction, but, of course, with more severe side effects...can't make this stuff up...but now I know what actually happens to cancer patients....and it's never the cancer, but the treatments....

• simone60
    simone60 Member Posts: 952
    Options

Husband, I'm so happy to hear your wife's low hemoglobin issue is resolved. Please let us know if they ever figure out what caused that.

Wow Frisky, one week for urgent care. I hope the liver works for you. Have you tried nettle tea? I've read that is also good to increase hemoglobin levels.

• santabarbarian
    Options

and chlorophyll is good.